(Topic ID: 97839)

Pinball Inc. sells ramp manufacturing to Starship Fantasy Pinball!

By PinballInc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Boiler415
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Pinball Inc. is very pleased to announce that Starship Fantasy Pinball have agreed to purchase the thermoforming parts manufacturing division of Pinball Inc. The acquisition includes all the ramp and other thermoforming operations and the associated assets.

I founded Pinball Inc. in 1988. In 2001 we began manufacturing high quality replacement pinball ramps primarily for Williams and Bally pinball machines then later expanded into other thermoforming parts for pinball machines. With the attention to quality, service and good pricing we established Pinball Inc. as the world’s best replacement ramp manufacturer.

Starship Fantasy was founded in 1980 by Larry Rosenthal and is headquartered in Glendale, AZ. Starship Fantasy has been very active in the pinball parts business particularly with their alliance with CPR (Classic Playfield Reproductions) and Pinball Inc.

When I announced my retirement intentions from the ramp production business I wanted to make sure that there would be no void in the pinball community for quality ramps. After several inquiries to purchase the manufacturing we chose SFP. We feel Larry is the perfect fit to carry the torch of the Pinball Inc. quality of products into the future. He has a great reputation in the pinball community and his standards parallel the high standards of Pinball Inc. It is good to know the business will be in good hands going forward.

To assure the technique and knowledge to produce a premium product is properly passed on I will stay on as a consultant to help with the transition of the operations from Georgia to Arizona and will be the director of the new Starship Fantasy thermoforming products for the near future. During that time new products will continue to be developed in Georgia while the manufacturing of the existing product line will be shifted to Arizona. By having two manufacturing locations it will enable more products to get manufactured at a faster pace.

The company of Pinball Inc. will continue to go forward will begin new exciting pinball projects.

Thanks for everyone who has supported us over the years, I feel like we don't have customers, we have a lot of friends.

Cheers!

James Loflin
    Pinball Inc.

#2 9 years ago

Congrats to both parties.

#3 9 years ago

Wow! Great news! Thanks James, the future is bright!~SpOoKy

#4 9 years ago

James, thanks for all of your hard work in the hobby. You made many, many machines play and look new again. you can clean, flame polish etc. old ramps but nothing looks better than new ones. Without you, many ramps would still be hot glued, duct tape together waiting for someone to make new ones.

#5 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale, enjoy your retirement(?) and looking forward to more great ramps from SF

#6 9 years ago

Out of curiosity, is this as of now? I assume BC is one ramp still to be developed in GA. Please say it is.
    Congrats on finding the torchbearer.

#7 9 years ago

Congrats James! Looking forward to hearing about the new projects.

#8 9 years ago

Excellent news! Glad to hear this is working out - benefits everyone in the hobby.

You mentioned there were 4-5 projects you intended to tackle before getting out entirely (BSD ramps being one of them). Just asking, and I hope this doesn't come across as selfish: is Starship taking those projects on, or are those goals you look to complete before finish out your run in the hobby? Just seeking clarification.

Thank you for all you have done in this hobby. Enjoy your retirement, good sir!

#9 9 years ago

Great news for all pinball fans!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I assume BC is one ramp still to be developed in GA.

Would love to see BadCats ramps soon.

#11 9 years ago

Glad to see the ramp business will continue and people will still be able to get all those great replacement ramps in the future!

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for the News, congrats and good luck w/. the trasnition

#14 9 years ago

Any chance you guys can say weather BSD ramps will be coming soon. Good time with the new plastics sets coming out.

3 months later
    #15 9 years ago

Any updates on the last batch of Pinball Inc. ramps - in particular WCS? Any chance these arrive this year?

#16 9 years ago

I'm interested in any Badcats ramp updates.

#17 9 years ago

Updates have been limp.

#18 9 years ago

PHEW! this is very good news.....best of luck!

#19 9 years ago

Also very interested in Bad Cats ramps as the playfields will be here soon and I really want new ramps for my restore.

#20 9 years ago

I need WCS ramps in the worst way... but like any pinball project I'm sure they'll get done when they get done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-inc-sells-ramp-manufacturing-to-starship-fantasy-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.