Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wtatumjr
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7211.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

Im on a family location to the Virginia Beach area next week (Sandbridge) and it looks like we are going to get a little rain. Any recommendations on locations that have pins in the area?? LOTR, TZ and ACDC would be great, but locations with more than a couple of pins would be great to know.

Thanks in advance...

#2 9 years ago

Terrible area for decent pins. You've gotta drive 45 min south in Grandy NC to an awesome place called Flipperz. its just before you reach the OBX. You will not regret the drive. Dozens of A title games all meticulously maintained

#3 9 years ago

I was just there a couple weeks ago and went to Flipper McCoy's arcade on the boardwalk. Pins were all 50 cents/5 ball. Don't even waste your quarters. They were all trashed. A golf ball could have fit in the scoop on MB, and TAF had a sign on it that said only bottom flippers work, no refunds.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinplayerinva:

Terrible area for decent pins. You've gotta drive 45 min south in Grandy NC to an awesome place called Flipperz. its just before you reach the OBX. You will not regret the drive. Dozens of A title games all meticulously maintained

I just checked out there pinball list here and this place looks amazing!! Thanks for the advise, I'm going for sure!!!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Animal:

I just checked out there pinball list here and this place looks amazing!! Thanks for the advise, I'm going for sure!!!

Have fun. Looks like rain a lot of the week anyhow!

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from trudert9:

TAF had a sign on it that said only bottom flippers work, no refunds.

That sign made me laugh, but then i played the game... I stopped laughing

#7 9 years ago

There was a time in Virginia Beach when you couldn't go out and not see a pinball machine. Every sub shop, pizza parlor, and convenience store had a pin or two. There were arcades everywhere. Miniature golf courses, amusement parks, they all had them. Back then, Flipper McCoy's had rows and rows of machines, and the place was always jumping in the Summertime. Now it's just a desert as far as pinball is concerned. It's pretty depressing.

#8 9 years ago

Thank you pinplayerinva!!

My son and I made the drive yesterday (when it started to rain in Virginia Beach.) The collection of pins was amazing. As I said to my son during dinner afterwards I could go every Friday night and play for for hours for a year and still not get bored. And btw, yesterday betweeen 3:30 and 7PM, we were the only ones there.

As far as what they had, they had all the top 25 pins (except tron pro, the had the LE), they were is good shape with a couple exceptions. LOTR LE had a broken tower and Theatre of Magic had a ball stuck next to the magic box in the playing field, but neither of these issues effected gameplay.

Their newest games are Mustang, STLE and Metallica LE. Top marks for the owner (Outer Bank Amusements) to put LE's on location, very very cool!!! If I had more time in this area I'd go back and focus on MM and LOTR...they were a treat to play and on my want list.

Thanks again!!

#9 9 years ago

My buddy sent me this from Va beach the other week which I guess was McCoy's. Pretty cool even if they're hammered that they still are out there. You have to wonder are they making much money if they're that trashed?

IMG_7211.JPGIMG_7211.JPG

#10 9 years ago

http://www.yelp.com/biz/clubhouse-virginia-beach has a Mustang Pro on location. Its about 10-15 minutes from the beach. If you need restaurant recommendations let me know, I live right by Sandbrige beach (off Sandbridge rd actually)

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/clubhouse-virginia-beach has a Mustang Pro on location. Its about 10-15 minutes from the beach. If you need restaurant recommendations let me know, I live right by Sandbrige beach (off Sandbridge rd actually)

Cool, we are at the condo at the end of sandbridge across from the convenient store/restaurent. We ate at margies's and Pat's last night and loved it. Any other seafood, crab cakes restaurant suggestions?

BTW, we played MM allot - I must have!!! Thankfully, its being rereleased...

#12 9 years ago

I know it's a bit of a ride from Sandbridge to the resort area, but you might consider Tautogs Restaurant. It's in an old beach cottage on 23rd street, between Atlantic and Pacific Avenues. Good food. Very eclectic atmosphere.

#13 9 years ago

thanks, if we are in town we will check it out...

1 year later
    #14 8 years ago

Just visited VA Beach and stopped by Flipper McCoy's. They have the same lineup as the pic above (MB, SP, TAF, SWE1), plus Revenge From Mars and Monopoly. Everything seemed to work, although there were a lot of burned out bulbs, and the games were very dim. A small investment in LEDs would go a long way! Otherwise I thought the games were in good working order.

They were all set to 5 ball, though, which makes games too long in my opinion.

#15 8 years ago

I agree with Tautogs. Pretty good food.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-virginia-beach and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.