(Topic ID: 34117)

Pinball in Vail, Colorado?

By Flamethrower

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm spending the holidays with family in Colorado, and we're taking a day trip to Vail on Wednesday. They'll all be skiing, but I have to stay off the slopes this year due to injury. I was hoping I might be able to kill some of the time with a little pinball.

According to this website there are (or were) machines at the Vail Transportation Center and Vail Run, but the last visit date for both is listed as May 2011. Does anyone know if there are still machines at those locations? Or if there is anywhere else with pinball in Vail?

#2 11 years ago

If you are staying in Denver you should check out the hours at Lyons Classic Arcade. About an hour north of Denver.

#3 11 years ago

Also 1 up and 2 up in Denver.

#4 11 years ago

Breck has some pins in Downstairs at Eric's (awesome food, too). Also, there's a place in Leadville that might have some. I never saw any in Vail though.

#5 11 years ago

The pins in Vail are operated by a local vending company and will be dirty and crappy.
    You need to drive 30 minutes east and go to Breckenridge or Frisco and play Ffej Knar's games. The pinside locator should have them listed.

#6 11 years ago

Go to Ullr's (ACDC Premium and MB) in Breck (Main St. Station). Fun sports bar with little to no kids running around. If you go to ERic's be prepared for 'Billy the button' pushers everywhere and crane games.
    also Brooklyns' Tavern and Billards across the street from Ullrs (IM and Wolverine LE).

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for all the responses! I visit Denver about once a month and always go to the 1UP and 2UP. Love those places!

For the holidays I'm in Silverthorne and unfortunately I don't have a drivers license so I'm limited to places that I can either get to via public transit or where someone is willing to drive me, so I've sadly never had a chance to go to Lyons or Strikes-N-Spares. Someday.

I can take Summit Stage to Breck from here though, so that's definitely on the agenda one day next week, and I'll probably make it to Frisco once or twice too. I always go to Johnny G's to play - is there anywhere else with pinball in Frisco?

#8 11 years ago

Vail visit was yesterday - I can confirm that there is still a machine in the Vail Transportation Center. It was a Family Guy in very poor condition. I didn't make it over to Vail Run to see what, if anything, they had there. Found another machine today at the movie theater in Dillon. It was a Harley Davidson, also in pretty rough shape. Tomorrow I'm going to Breck - looking forward to getting to play some pins that work!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-vail-colorado and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.