(Topic ID: 173515)

Pinball in USA Today

By bladerunner

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 7 years ago

Thanks for the link. It's a generic article, but the more pinball we see in the press, the better it is for the hobby. Cheers.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Thanks for the link. It's a generic article ...

Complete with the apparently requisite "pinball wizards" descriptor. Oh boy.

#4 7 years ago

Make that multiple "pinball wizards"

It's like calling all participants of a rec league tournament "slam dunking basketball all-stars"

#5 7 years ago

"The longer the pinball floated on the board, the better chance the player had to win the title of pinball champ."

wtf? I didn't realize that the ball "floated" on the board. I want my money back because my floating balls are defective. also, longer times do not equal a better score. I'm probably a grand [wizard] at hitting everything on a playfield (rails, posts, ball guides, etc...] that do not give points. I can keep that ball alive for what seems to be an eternity with nary anything to show for the effort

"He wants to take a wiring class, so he can fiddle with the circuit boards when he buys his own machines."
    again, ?!?!?

was this a blogger that USA today reached out to for this article?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm probably a grand [wizard] at hitting everything on a playfield (rails, posts, ball guides, etc...] that do not give points. I can keep that ball alive for what seems to be an eternity with nary anything to show for the effort

You sir, are SO obviously a PINBALL WIZARD!

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You sir, are SO obviously a PINBALL WIZARD!

oh, I'm something alright, but I don't think its a pinball wizard
    cue bryan kelly to come in an enlight you people

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

wtf? I didn't realize that the ball "floated"

You're obviously missing the fact that they're speaking of the KISS LE machine where the ball floats on the backboard of the playfield!!! (to far of a stretch????)

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm probably a grand [wizard] at hitting everything on a playfield (rails, posts, ball guides, etc...] that do not give points.

You're also a grand [wizard] at making me laugh!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

oh, I'm something alright, but I don't think its a pinball wizard
    cue bryan kelly to come in an enlight you people

WTF are you babbling about???????

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-usa-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.