(Topic ID: 71346)

Pinball in the Wild - Stonehenge Akron Ohio Rocks!

By wayout440

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by trudert9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

813482608_2878006267_0.jpeg
813482453_2878005775_0.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

Paid a visit to Stonehenge in Akron Ohio with a friend yesterday. It's a beautiful DMD lineup in a nice confortable place. Absolutely nobody was there early and we had the opportunity to play them all right down the line before some other folks began to trickle in.

All the games played without any issues at all. Sopranos was our favorite - neither had ever played it and the ball times on it were huge. Runner up was AC/DC premium, we thought it played much better and with longer ball times than any other AC/DC model we played.

813482453_2878005775_0.jpeg813482453_2878005775_0.jpeg
813482608_2878006267_0.jpeg813482608_2878006267_0.jpeg

#2 10 years ago

That is a sweet lineup and they are all fully-working? If you have a chance you may want to add this location to the Pinside map, if its not already been done.

#3 10 years ago

Yes, not a single problem. Added to the Pinside map "Stonehenge Family Fun Center"

#4 10 years ago

That's cool its only about an hr away.Im off this week going to have to take a ride down there.
Its hard to find any in the wild around here. The bone yard in mayfield Ohio had a couple. Nascar and wpt.
Both were in terrible shape and filthy. Half the targets didn't work lights out and the nascar kick out hole in the middle was a straight drain,but lucky the weight must of fallen off the tilt rod so giving it a solid....nudge....
Fixed that.then the other day I was at valley view theater and took a peek in the game room just to see, and they had a couple too .tron and rolling stones , the tron's upper left flipped was dead and you couldn't hear either one at all.
So one game each and done.

#5 10 years ago

The place is amazing, I go whenever I get a chance. The lineup consistently changes, adding variety to the game line up.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

That's cool its only about an hr away.Im off this week going to have to take a ride down there.
Its hard to find any in the wild around here. The bone yard in mayfield Ohio had a couple. Nascar and wpt.
Both were in terrible shape and filthy. Half the targets didn't work lights out and the Nascar kick out hole in the middle was a straight drain,but lucky the weight must of fallen off the tilt rod so giving it a solid....nudge....
Fixed that.then the other day I was at valley view theater and took a peek in the game room just to see, and they had a couple too .tron and Rolling Stones , the tron's upper left flipped was dead and you couldn't hear either one at all.
So one game each and done.

1 hour away for me too. Worth the trip. A nice collection of vids in another area, including some sit down games and an LOTR and Champion pub. If you like to bowl, you can make a whole day of it.

#7 10 years ago

They have a great pro shop there too. LOL I have a pin in the shop set on Free play for my customers to play while they wait for their bowling ball to be drilled.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

They have a great pro shop there too. LOL I have a pin in the shop set on Free play for my customers to play while they wait for their bowling ball to be drilled.

What pin do you have in the pro shop?

#9 10 years ago

Laser War but I have a guy supposed to buy it on Friday. If he buys it I will be looking to add a DMD game. And it will be on FREE play also.

#10 10 years ago

+ 1,000,000 on stonehedge. They have a pinball league there also. Fall session is ending soon, but a new one is starting up shortly after. Usually the league details will be posted on pinside or you can stop down and see the information written on the whiteboard in the pinball area. Games are meticulously maintained. There are two games in the arcade across from the proshop also, Championship Pub and LOTR.

#11 10 years ago

I may shoot down there tomorrow..I better check there hrs first

#12 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the kind words,I try to check the pins at least twice a week to make sure everything is ok. I will be adding a Star trek premium, Dracula and a Scared stiff soon.

#13 10 years ago

Made it down there last week to play acdc.......now I have one on order, lol. Awesome place to play, its an hour drive for me but wouldn't hesitate going again

#14 10 years ago

Will be there friday to play.

What are the prices on most pins? Is there a coin dispenser or do I need to bring a quarter roll?

#15 10 years ago

Price are from .50 to a dollar .The dollar pin are 3 for 2.00. There is a change machine and they have quarter rolls at the desk

#16 10 years ago

Well I just got back from Stonehenge, it was pretty nice, all the machines were in excellent shape. it was nice we had the whole place to ourselves. It was a little hard to find. The sign is hard to see and the building sat way back off the road. it was worth an hr drive for sure, and I'll be back. .

#17 10 years ago

Was in today.

Pins all terrific shape. I now need a shadow!

Place is pretty cool. Video games, bowling, beer, pins...what else does one need?!

Highly recommended.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Was in today.
Pins all terrific shape. I now need a shadow!
Place is pretty cool. Video games, bowling, beer, pins...what else does one need?!
Highly recommended.

that shadow was fun and looked really good with the led's . that and theater of magic will be on my short list

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

that shadow was fun and looked really good with the led's . that and theater of magic will be on my short list

I still have to make it to the Henge, sounds awesome.

Another cool place is Kidforce Collectibles in Berea which is a shorter drive from Rocky River. 12 pins there and they also run leagues. I'm in my second league right now. Some of the players do leagues at both Stonehenge and KF.

#20 10 years ago

I have a shadow............but its not for sale

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I have a shadow............but its not for sale

tease! and your close too..

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I still have to make it to the Henge, sounds awesome.
Another cool place is Kidforce Collectibles in Berea which is a shorter drive from Rocky River. 12 pins there and they also run leagues. I'm in my second league right now. Some of the players do leagues at both Stonehenge and KF.

Thanks for the info definitely closer. I'll have to call them, the pic's on line just show a bunch of snot nosed kid's looking at comic books and cards...

#23 10 years ago

KF line-up:

Tron
Red and Ted's Roadshow
World Cup Soccer
Twilight Zone
Star Trek Next Generation
Addams Family
X-men LE
Spider-Man
Metallica
Monster Bash
Congo
Bram Stoker's Dracula

#24 10 years ago

KF is a comic book, nerd card game and collectible shop, but every one there is friendly and the league has about 70 players. A lot of players do leagues at both places and the guys who own the tables are friends and run The Ohio Pinball Show. We're really lucky to have these places close by. I was in buffalo for work for 3 months and I had about 3 tables nearby (different locations) in good enough shape to play.

#25 10 years ago

Stonehedge has beer and no kids the games are in the upper part of the bar.

#26 10 years ago

Luckily the kids at KF are too busy casting spells to play much pinball.

I hope it doesn't look like I'm trying to say one place is better than the other, because I'm not. Just pointing out to Tonycip that he has another place to play as well and it's closer for when he didn't feel like driving an hour.

I'm friends with players from the Henge and I can't wait to get up there.

#27 10 years ago

Thanks for the info on Stonehenge. I get to Akron once a month for work so I will be giving them some business on my next trip.

#28 10 years ago

Both places are great!!!! Joe at kidforce will battle anyone at anytime....lol.. The kids at kidforce collectibles love pinball too. I think there is about 15 of them in league. Most play on there breaks, during magic ttourneys.
Best place to play in Cleveland, and has one of the biggest leagues in the U.S. with 70 members

Stonehenge is a great place too, great lineup, and best place to play in Akron. They also have a league of about 18-20.

Both places are great and we are very lucky to have both!!!!

#29 10 years ago

yes thanks for the info I will check it out soon ....

#30 10 years ago

I live just 20 minutes north of Stonehenge and stop in once or twice a month. Games are in excellent shape. During the day, more often than not I have the entire lineup to myself. Great mix of latest and classic games - today played Metallica, AC/DC Premium and Champion Pub. Highly recommend.

7 months later
#31 9 years ago

Visiting family in Ohio this past weekend and put in a lot of time at Stonehenge. Huge lineup of pins that look and play really great. Brought my nephew in for some pin exposure and I talked briefly to the op (didn't get his name) who mentioned that the AF I was playing was on its way out, soon to be replaced by a MMR. Went back the next day and it was replaced by a T3.
Only wish there were more folks playing this lineup, I spent a couple hours a day there over three days (usually late night) and hardly saw another pin player.

#32 9 years ago

ironic, I was in Virginia this past weekend, so I was not at Stonehenge

Edit: But I was at KF before work tonight for league! Shitty night for me though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-the-wild-stonehenge-akron-ohio-rocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.