Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Evangeline_Lilly_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
5x08_QuestionedByHorace.jpg
#1 13 years ago

Was there ever a pinball machine featured in the TV series LOST?

#2 13 years ago

That would be "No."

#3 13 years ago

anchorage.craigslist.org link

This guy claims there was one. Probably in great shape. So, how many of you are going to watch the show to find the Pin? lol

#4 13 years ago

There's a Williams Cyclone visible in the corner of the Dharma Initiative's rec room in several episodes (One is s5e08:"LaFleur".) They made a bit of a continuity error - it's anachronistically there in 1974, well before the machine was ever manufactured.

#5 13 years ago

Well, at least it COULD be the machine which was on the set. Thanks.
Wasn't there some kind of time warp event with that show? One of my soldier's was trying to explain it to me. Was too much like a Soap Opera for me to get into. Like the 21st century version of X-files. You never know what the hell is going on.

#6 13 years ago

Yeah, they eventually did a real time warp event around season 5. Even before that, though, the show was always flashing backwards (mild spoiler: and forwards) during the course of an episode. Almost all of the episodes have flashbacks/flashforwards that center on one character and end up showing you an event in their life before the plane crash, or post-rescue, that's related to what they're doing on the island.

I enjoyed it, but in order to make any sort of sense of it you really need to start at the beginning and watch the episodes in order.

#7 13 years ago

I'm still waiting for Twin Peaks to make a comeback,

#8 13 years ago

Originally posted by Autumnfade:

"I'm still waiting for Twin Peaks to make a comeback ..."

The first season of Twin Peaks remains to this day one of the most compelling things ever shown on TV. It is my understanding that "Mulholland Drive" was originally supposed to be a pilot for a new series. It's a shame it became a movie instead, as it's the only thing Lynch has done since Twin Peaks that even comes close in terms of creativity, atmosphere and overall feel.

#9 13 years ago

Sometimes you can catch the movie - 'Fire walk with me' Twin Peaks.
but never the series and its too bad , I'd rather see it once a week then some reality t.v. jive -ugly people stuck on an island eating bugs and back stabbing each other for our enjoyment?
-what happened to Hollywood ?

7 months later
#10 13 years ago

I remember watching and seeing 2 pinball machines in the Dharma recreational room. The titles were originally Comet and Revenge from Mars, but I watched the following episodes very carefully, and in some scenes, there was only 1 pinball machine, and in other episodes, one of the machines got replaced with a No Fear machine. I forget which on got replaced but I always wondered why they would switch the machines out. Maybe a director that's a pinhead and he was swapping out machines from his collection? That's just a guess but I wouldn't see the purpose in mixing up the machines unless they were easily accessible. My 2 cents.

5 years later
#11 7 years ago

RFM and Cyclone I believe image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I'm still waiting for Twin Peaks to make a comeback,

Here we are six years later, and your wish has finally come true ...

#13 7 years ago

As much as I'm impressed by the necromancing of this 5+ year old thread, I gotta give props for the prolific use of either the search feature or the bookmarking of this thread and properly continuing its original conversation with excellent info/pics.

Well done, rai!

#14 7 years ago

I'm re-watching the series, it became too much like The Fringe after a while.

However if I'm ever stranded on a deserted island hope there's pinball and eye candy.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#15 7 years ago

If I'm ever stranded on a desert island with Evangeline Lilly…….screw pinball!

Evangeline_Lilly_(resized).jpgEvangeline_Lilly_(resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

I never understood the pins on Lost. I think those scenes were supposed to take place in the 60's, so it's odd that they chose such modern titles. RFM is a 30+ year anachronism.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never understood the pins on Lost. I think those scenes were supposed to take place in the 60's, so it's odd that they chose such modern titles. RFM is a 30+ year anachronism.

Never noticed when I watched the series, but yeah that is a glaring continuity problem. They might as well have put a Cruisin USA in the corner.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Quoted from frolic:

Never noticed when I watched the series, but yeah that is a glaring continuity problem.

Logic issues with "Lost," No I'm sorry I can't believe that

#19 7 years ago

Those scenes were from the present time (of the show) not flash back scenes.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Those scenes were from the present time (of the show) not flash back scenes.

That makes more sense. The set designers wouldn't make a stupid mistake like that.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The Fonz played 70s games on Happy Days which was supposed to be in the 50s.

But also remember Lost was about as farfetched a fictional tale as they ever put on TV. Glad I never got hooked on that turd of a show.

#22 7 years ago

First season was the bomb, went sideways for the rest of the series but still good-ish if you can stand X-files ...

There's a lot worse shows like Desparite Housewifes etc..

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There's a lot worse shows like Desparite Housewifes etc..

Indeed. Probably why I don't watch much TV anymore. No need for a DVR either when nothing is worth recording...

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

First season was the bomb, ...There's a lot worse shows like Desparite Housewifes etc..

Depending on what way you're looking at it.
Agreed first season set up so many great things...and then they just spent years making hot garbage. At least Housewives you knew it was going to suck and never wasted time watching it.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed first season set up so many great things...and then they just spent years making hot garbage.

I'm pretty sure that the original concept was that they all died in the plane crash and the island was purgatory. But when people worked that out during the first season they decided to change it, throwing more and more incongruous elements into the story before adding a ridiculous and completely unnecessary purgatory-type subplot to the last season.

#26 7 years ago

I loved the show from start to finish. The last season was easily the weakest, but I still enjoyed it, even the ending. To me, the show was first and foremost about the characters and their relationships. The sci-fi stuff was just an added bonus. I can't think of any show before or since that made me care about the characters more. I recently re-watched the entire series with my son, and I still cried at certain parts. The show just had such a unique emotional energy.

#27 7 years ago

I liked is as you say the characters but some were weaker such as Siad and Charley and Sun and Clare but I'd like more of Sawyer and Desmond and Jack, Locke.

So to me it was up and down having weak characters too much time.

I also wish there was more time travel plot was some but I'd like more like Dr Who.

I liked the flash backs and glad forward sequences a lot but sometimes I didn't know which was which and like when Sun was having her baby and Jin was off to a birth they were actually in different time lines. Was cool but confusing and in many ways pointless.

To much filler not enough meat, but still on the whole I like Lost and was better than average just didn't live up to its potential.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-the-tv-show-lost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.