(Topic ID: 92043)

Pinball in the Movies

By Skyemont

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IAmWrath-Pinball_(resized).jpg
    Daredevil_pin_2_(resized).jpg
    Daredevil_Pic_(resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    bluecollarpinball.jpg
    image.jpg
    The Battle of the River Plate.jpg
    20141104_213626.jpg
    blair4.jpg
    20140722_004307.jpg
    photo (6).JPG
    xmen-first-class-goof-2-1.jpg
    movie.jpg
    24.jpg
    p1.png
    p2.png
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago

Was just flipping through the channels and stopped on a movie called the brass teapot. Caught a glimpse of SS during a bar scene.

20141104_213626.jpg20141104_213626.jpg

2 months later
    #102 9 years ago

Space station in Big Daddy

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from InverseInfinity:

X-Men: First Class had one in the background of a scene. Here's a pic:

Can't seem to identify exactly what it is... If you want to see it, it's at 50 minutes in.

xmen-first-class-goof-2-1.jpg 30 KB

It's a Gottlieb Fun Land / Fun Fair.

#104 9 years ago

Two pinballs spotted in The Walking Dead. One was World Poker Tour and the other was NBA Fastbreak.

#105 9 years ago

Watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure tonight on Netflix and saw Blackout for half a second in the background at mintue 102.

#106 9 years ago

Watched swearnet the movie and Mike Smith had one in his place. Couldn't make out what machine though.

#107 9 years ago

HRC in Tusk.

3 months later
    #108 9 years ago

BOP spotted in 1996 Only Fools and Horses Special "Modern Man" at Sid's Cafe as Rodders is walking out.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    1 month later
    #109 8 years ago

Let's see if anyone can identify these machines in "The Battle of the River Plate" (Pursuit of the Graf Spee) (1956)
    (at 1:43:30 into the movie)

The Battle of the River Plate.jpgThe Battle of the River Plate.jpg

#110 8 years ago

In the movie Blue Collar starring Richard Pryor and Harvey Keitel, there is a Bally Night Rider, Gottlieb Big Hit, and a third machine I don't recognize at the bar they hang out in...

bluecollarpinball.jpgbluecollarpinball.jpg
    #111 8 years ago

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but an actor in The Wire's season one was a pinhead and one scene shows him playing WW.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#112 8 years ago

Rookie of the year with Daniel Stern had Rollergames.

Fargo with the scene at the bar discussing how to stage the break-in had DE Time Machine

What Women want had Silver Slugger

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pneuma:

In the movie Blue Collar starring Richard Pryor and Harvey Keitel, there is a Bally Night Rider, Gottlieb Big Hit, and a third machine I don't recognize at the bar they hang out in...

Looks like a Stern Rawhide to me

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Looks like a Stern Rawhide to me

Thanks for the identification. That's it!

2 months later
    #115 8 years ago

Judge Dredd and one other one in Major League II.

#116 8 years ago

I know OP said movies but I had to at least mention this. Just watched a Simpsons episode. The very wealthy Mr Byrnes had Smithers exercising for himself on a peddle bike. While Smithers was working up a sweat for his boss, he was playing pinball in the adjacent room. Lol, was a good chuckle!!

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from Warbound:

I know OP said movies but I had to at least mention this. Just watched a Simpsons episode. The very wealthy Mr Byrnes had Smithers exercising for himself on a peddle bike. While Smithers was working up a sweat for his boss, he was playing pinball in the adjacent room. Lol, was a good chuckle!!

Was he playing TSPP?

#118 8 years ago

Not a movie but the tv show silver spoons in the 80's had a pin in their game room. Not sure which one though as I am not re-watching those episodes...

#119 8 years ago

Did anyone say lost? There is a RFM and a Cyclone in a rec room on the island.

#120 8 years ago

*edit: already mentioned*

#121 8 years ago

Like some of you have said, this is not in the movies but on the Dan Patrick show he has Dale Jr. in the back ground.

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Like some of you have said, this is not in the movies but on the Dan Patrick show he has Dale Jr. in the back ground.

NBA too. love the DP show

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The Women in His Life.
    1933, probably the earliest movie with a Pin in it.
    » YouTube video

Yeah, but I found/stole/ripped that one first.

The film is out of print, but worth a watch.

I spent considerable time trying to find out what game it is, but there were literally hundreds of "one-off" and "jump on the trend" pinball manufacturers that disappeared overnight in the early 30's, so I still don't know.

#124 8 years ago

JAWS 2 has quite a few but don't know how to do a screen capture?

#125 8 years ago

Saw a show called Falling Skies a few weeks ago where the bad guys chained the main character To a Seawitch. Pretty silly to watch as when left alone he didn't even try to escape. I'm pretty sure if someone chained me to a pinball machine I could free myself.

#126 8 years ago

Guns n Roses was in one with incorrect sounds. Someone help me out, for the life of me I can't remember the name of the movie.

#127 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Saw a show called Falling Skies a few weeks ago where the bad guys chained the main character To a Seawitch. Pretty silly to watch as when left alone he didn't even try to escape. I'm pretty sure if someone chained me to a pinball machine I could free myself.

So you could play it?

1 week later
    #128 8 years ago

War of the Worlds. There is a pin in the house that the Tom Cruise character lives in. It is in the scene were the kids first enter the house and pass by it while his x looks at the small block Ford in the kitchen. Black, red side cabinet art work. I've seen it before somewhere.

#129 8 years ago

Big daddy had a pin in the apartment .

7 months later
    #130 8 years ago

Jaws 2 was on tv tonight and I saw a pin but could not tell what it was. Does anyone know?

#131 8 years ago

Deadpool has a couple.

#132 8 years ago

Behind Enemy Lines, there was a T2 in the mall where the resistance fighters setup base operations.

2 weeks later
    #133 8 years ago

Daredevil season 2 (and maybe season 1 too). Not a film, but a pin appearance nonetheless. The machine is usually out of focus, but it is an EM, maybe a Williams? It floats around in the background quite a bit throughout the series when the show's stars are at "Josie's". It looks like a hockey-themed game, similar to "Olympic Hockey" https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/olympic-hockey but not quite a match.

Daredevil_Pic_(resized).jpgDaredevil_Pic_(resized).jpg

Daredevil_pin_2_(resized).jpgDaredevil_pin_2_(resized).jpg

#134 8 years ago

Paranormal activity, ghost dimension look like a METEOR pinball.

#135 8 years ago

Not the movies, but yesterday when playing Fallout 4, I found a location with a few pinball machines. My wife was sitting there with me and we both thought it was pretty cool. I tried looting for parts and boards...but no luck.

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ramtuathal:

Daredevil season 2 (and maybe season 1 too).

It's in Season 1 for sure. Just finished it, and haven't started Season 2 yet. I was trying to figure out what machine that was in the bar. But also in like Episode 3 I think, of season 1, they use a Mustang to hide a pistol under. They show quite a bit of it. But has EM sounds. lol. Which really made me wish Stern would add an option to turn on EM sounds, or "Novelty" mode.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Not the movies, but yesterday when playing Fallout 4, I found a location with a few pinball machines. My wife was sitting there with me and we both thought it was pretty cool. I tried looting for parts and boards...but no luck.

Interesting. Never came across that yet in Fallout 4. But they put a ton into that game, and I've been taking a long break from it.

#138 8 years ago

Found one that's not one this list last night
    http://www.pingeek.com/film/film3.htm
    Shutter Island has one

#139 8 years ago

Bad Santa

#140 8 years ago

There's a machine off to the side in I Am Wrath. The backglass is covered in the scene, and while the cabinet art is clear I am not sure what pinball it is.

EDIT: It's Medusa (Bally 1981).

IAmWrath-Pinball_(resized).jpgIAmWrath-Pinball_(resized).jpg

5 years later
    #141 2 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

Just started watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix's and #33 Tim Riggin's house has a pinball machine

My wife is watching this show now and came and showed me.
    It's a Stars machine.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-the-movies-1/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.