(Topic ID: 92043)

Pinball in the Movies

By Skyemont

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IAmWrath-Pinball_(resized).jpg
    Daredevil_pin_2_(resized).jpg
    Daredevil_Pic_(resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    bluecollarpinball.jpg
    image.jpg
    The Battle of the River Plate.jpg
    20141104_213626.jpg
    blair4.jpg
    20140722_004307.jpg
    photo (6).JPG
    xmen-first-class-goof-2-1.jpg
    movie.jpg
    24.jpg
    p1.png
    p2.png
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Saw a Sylvester Stallone movie where he was a cop playing a game of pinball at the beginning in a bar.

That was Copland. He was playing Lethal Weapon 3.

#52 9 years ago

Freddy Vs. Jason

No actual pin, but on the DVD, chapter 12, 1 hr. 5 min. into the movie, Freddy wills Jason to bounce around the walls of an abandoned steel mill, and Freddy makes motions with his fingers like he is hitting flippers on a pinball machine, with electromechanical sounds in the background. Jason falls and Freddy shouts, "Tilt!"

#53 9 years ago

Yeah, gets a lot heavier than that. And all the other dudes around her get involved.

#54 9 years ago

The movie "big" starting Tom Hanks , there was a pinbot ...

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Yeah, gets a lot heavier than that. And all the other dudes around her get involved.

For some reason I think I saw this as a kid. I was only 5 or 7 years old.

#56 9 years ago

Pinball was in 24, season 9.
    24.jpg24.jpg

#57 9 years ago

I bet this one won't be listed anywhere, and if you've seen it, shame on you: clear your historymovie.jpgmovie.jpg

#58 9 years ago

X-Men: First Class had one in the background of a scene. Here's a pic:
    xmen-first-class-goof-2-1.jpgxmen-first-class-goof-2-1.jpg
    Can't seem to identify exactly what it is... If you want to see it, it's at 50 minutes in.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I bet this one won't be listed anywhere, and if you've seen it, shame on you: clear your history

movie.jpg 81 KB

Debbie Does Pinburgh?

#60 9 years ago

I have a thread on this started a while back as well if it helps.

#61 9 years ago

Just watched Paranoia the other day. A real good movie (I give it a solid 4 stars BTW) and worth watching on Netflix.

Anyway, in the last scene of the movie in his new company office, Liam Hemsworth's character has a perfect EM pinball machine in the front of his secretary area. I didn't see which one it was, but it was nice to see an old gorgeous EM in such a new movie. I was stunned, but loved it!

I tried to find a clip of it, but couldn't. I did find this in my search for it though...
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pingeek.com%2Ffilm%2Ffilm.htm&ei=E_XDU4DUFYWlyAT094KAAQ&usg=AFQjCNFJkeKE336TUwsFELFcfsiKO3VUtQ

#62 9 years ago

Ghostbusters had a Star Gazer too in their meeting area.

#63 9 years ago

photo (6).JPGphoto (6).JPG

Rewatching all of Lost. Caught these two in the corner of the episode me and the gf were watching last night.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Anchorman 2 has three I believe in their bachelor pad.

I think it's 4! One behind each of the guys as they were talking. The pins were clearly intentionally framed as each guy spoke. One was globetrotters and I was trying to make a connection between the characters and the pin they were featured with but couldn't

I was watching the 80's flick Great
    Outdoors and noticed 2 In the arcade scene ....baby PAC man and something else.,,

#65 9 years ago

This one is obvious but Rocky III had pins including the Rocky Paulie threw his bottle through

#66 9 years ago

There is a Space Invaders, Paragon, Flash Gordon and Playboy in Rocky III. There are 2 others can't tell what they are.

#67 9 years ago

Found another show/movie. The TV show: "The Secret Circle" - Season 1, Episode 4 - @ 29 min 19 sec.

#68 9 years ago

I know there are a few websites on this topic, but there is no formal way to catalogue them centrally. How about a field in the Archive for each machine, where we can index film appearances? Robin?

#69 9 years ago

Just strated watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix's and #33 Tim Riggin's house has a pinball machine

#70 9 years ago

I watched The Wraith (1986) last night on TV and noticed a pin in the gangs chop shop. The Wraith came in with a shotgun and blasted everything, including the pin! Sacrilege! The backglass shattered then the pin collapsed in a heap.
    I paused it and studied it. Not real clear but I thought it was a "guard" pin of some sort, so I checked IPDB and sure enough, it was either an "Elite Guard", "Royal Guard" or "Palace Guard" (1968 Gottlieb) that was destroyed.

#71 9 years ago

I just watched Goodfellas again. There is a Capt. Fantastic and A Nitro Goundshaker.

I love spotting pinball machines in movies.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I bet this one won't be listed anywhere, and if you've seen it, shame on you: clear your history

movie.jpg 81 KB

I hope that's my Tri Zone! No wonder why I got it so cheap.

#73 9 years ago

Continuing to watch Lost and several episodes later in the 4th season, they are back at that location. The Cyclone is still there, but the Revenge magically turned into a No Fear. The Dharma Initiative must have done a good job making sure they rotated their machines like good ops on the island!

#74 9 years ago

Everybody Loves Raymond “Confronting the Attractor” has a Jack Bot in it.
    It made EM sounds.

20140722_004307.jpg20140722_004307.jpg

#75 9 years ago

the movie BIG has pinbot in it im pretty sure.

#76 9 years ago

Over the Top Stallone arm wrestling movie, his son arm wrestles another kid on a pinball machine. Don't know which one it was.

#77 9 years ago

I was watching jeopordy last week. A guy that did not win claimed to be huge into pinball. Then proceeded to say they no longer make any new ones.....

#78 9 years ago

There is a 1940 Woodrail, "Follies" in the 1955 movie, "Bad Day at Black Rock." One of the all time great movies and certainly one of the all time great scenes from Bad Day At Black Rock. In this scene you can see Robert Ryan playing the game and hear the ball as it rolls down the Playfield. Several good shots of the game, as Spencer Tracy kicks Ernest Borgnine's ass in the movie. Even though the movie was filmed in 1955, it took place in 1945-1946 at the end of WWII. The movie makers remained faithful, showing flipperless wood rail games since flipper games did not exist in 1945. I did not see this game listed on the above listing..

#79 9 years ago

Oh yeah.. Maxiumum Overdrive with Estevez

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

It made EM sounds.

he he,thats funny and pathetic at the same time.

Just like in the T2 movie when the kids were riding the 4 stroke dirt bike with a 2 stoke note.

#81 9 years ago

Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

blair4.jpgblair4.jpg
    #82 9 years ago

Just watched the documentary "Bettie Page Reveals All". Towards the end of the documentary a Stern Playboy can be seen. Bettie was such a great looking woman. RIP

#83 9 years ago

Striker Extreme in Terminal Invasion with Bruce Campbell, about 7 minutes in.

#84 9 years ago

I know this topic has been done over and over to death, but it's nice to see newbs get excited when they see a pin in movies. I watched "Dodge Ball,2004" for the 100th time and forgot they had some pins in it.

#85 9 years ago

I watched The abyss last night. In the rig they show a data east secret service many times (I think it is a SS anyway)

#86 9 years ago

There is a Black Knight in Superman 3.

#87 9 years ago

There's a Hurdy Gurdy and another in Superman II. When Clark slides the bully down the counter....

#88 9 years ago

Paul Newman is playing pinball at the start of "The Verdict". He's drinking while playing during the day so extra points for that.

#89 9 years ago

Just watched the trailer for "Horns" with Daniel Radcliffe and three pins make an appearance! One is Big Game, hard to tell the other two. Looks like early SS -- can you guys tell?

#90 9 years ago

Looks like Big Game, Grand Slam, and Fireball Classic at 0:59.

1 month later
    #91 9 years ago

The Getaway is in "Killer Joe". Not for the faint of heart.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ninefingers:

Paul Newman is playing pinball at the start of "The Verdict". He's drinking while playing during the day so extra points for that.

lol!

My wife normally sees them in shows. It's funny, as I always miss them if they are not front and center, but she's like "there's a pinball", and we have to reverse it so I can see. In my defence though, I'm usually half watching whatever it is between that and my laptop

#93 9 years ago

There's a great scene in Anchorman 2 where the camera is switching between each of the four main characters, and behind each one is a different pinball machine. Go check it out!!!

#94 9 years ago

^ Six Million Dollar Man, 8 Ball, Harlem Globetrotters, and Playboy ^

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpecialWhenLit:

There's a great scene in Anchorman 2 where the camera is switching between each of the four main characters, and behind each one is a different pinball machine. Go check it out!!!

Hah cool. I rented the uncut DC version, my wife and I couldn't get passed 30 min before turning it off... Love the first one, but the DC had too many tangent one liners I think...

Never saw that.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

It made EM sounds.

20140722_004307.jpg 178 KB

The machine is not even turned on

#97 9 years ago

I think it was HS i seen in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

1 week later
    #98 9 years ago

Nascar in the bar seen in Talladega Nights...

#99 9 years ago

I was flicking through the channels on Sunday night and landed on "Over The Top" an old Stallone movie from '87. I happened to catch the scene where his kid arm-wrestled another kid on a pinball machine.
    It was obviously 'High Hand' (1973 Gottlieb) but the back glass had been modified, as in painted a bit so you couldn't see the name. Strange

#100 9 years ago

TV show Person of Interest just had a Dr Dude in the hangout / bar of a heroine dealing gang

It didn't seem plausible that young gang bangers would want to play Dr Dude LOL!

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-the-movies-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.