10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Zappa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Here is an interesting URL with a list of pinball machines in the movies. Enjoy

http://home.comcast.net/~josh.kaplan1/film.htm

1 week later
    #2 10 years ago

How about this one? Its pretty good too!

http://www.pingeek.com/film/film.htm

#3 10 years ago

I wondered W(here)TF you were hiding lately jbscar

Nice addition.

#4 10 years ago

Talking of pinball in the movies, I can't wait for this to appear on a DVD.

http://www.specialwhenlitmovie.com/synopsis.html

5 months later
    #5 9 years ago

If you need 2 minutes of nostalgia, watch part 5 of the Bad News Bears on youtube, starting at 7:00, arcade full of EM's. You might as well keep watching for a couple minutes 'cuz Tatum O'neal and Walter Mattheau (probably misspelled) are hilarious together. Ah, the good 'ol days......

Wish I could make that a link, but I'm using a mac and I don't know how! (Sorry, I dislike macs, the only mac I like is mac n' cheese, ha/ha)

#6 9 years ago

bugray good call I had to check the trailer out.

#7 9 years ago

There was a pin in Shutter Island and two in Boondock Saints II. Have no idea which ones, room was too dark.

#8 9 years ago

Now that's super cool. Or extremely nerdy, depending on which side of the fence you're on. I've never really understood the person that takes something at random and cataloges it for internet posterity.

#9 9 years ago

Many are started as a class project, kinda like a term paper or lab study. Look Teach, I've built a webpage. And it's a database too. Give me an A.

#10 9 years ago

I just watched Tilt - no, not the Pin2000 one but the Brooke Shields one from the late 70s.

Wow, it's pretty awful. I might do a humorous review of it for pinballnews.com. It's sort of a Color of Money/Hustler mashup but with a lot of dumb sprinkled on.

2 years later
    #11 7 years ago

There's a quick shot of what appears to be a Gottlieb Cross-town or Subway in the bowling alley scene in Men in Black III, and it's next to some Williams Baseball game. Can't tell for sure, because the background is somewhat out of focus.

#12 7 years ago

Killer Joe had a High Speed or The Getaway (can't remember which), sitting in the corner of an old garage/warehouse.

2 weeks later
    #13 7 years ago

There are several pins in "Dazed and Confused" at the Emporium. Haven't watched it in a while, so I'll have to go back and watch it again to what was there.

#14 7 years ago

Saw Strange Brew for the first time recently... Awesome!

Wonder what the covered pin is...

#15 7 years ago

There's a FH, Whirlwind, and HS2 in Whatever It Takes. Probably my favorite part in the entire film.

#16 7 years ago

its not a movie, but the show "raising hope" on fox, they have two pins in the grocery store, one is pinbot, i forget the other. funny show

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

they have two pins in the grocery store

I wish there were some at my grocery store that I work at.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I wish there were some at my grocery store that I work at.

i wish i could throw a couple of my pins at my normal 9-5 job to help pay for them

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

i wish i could throw a couple of my pins at my normal 9-5 job to help pay for them

TSPP is HUO, and JP needs a tad bit of work. Besides that, I would do it.

#20 7 years ago

my work would most likely say no, i tried once to get one in our break room and got a lukewarm maybe........

#21 7 years ago

I started a topic on this awhile back as well. Just came across the movie Beerfest which has one in it during bar scene he smashes the glass in playfield and says something like your pinball machine is broken.

#22 7 years ago

There was a scene early in Natural Born Killers, where the first person they let go they have pushed up against a Whirlwind before they let him go. The guy is listed in the credits as 'Pinball Cowboy'.

1 week later
    #23 7 years ago

And what about TV shows?
    I remember an episode of the Incredible Hulk where Dr. Banner was a pinball technician at an arcade. That was neat.

#25 7 years ago

Reindeer Games has a Big House and Street Fighter 2 in one scene where Gary Sinise is talking to his crew in a hotel

1 week later
    #26 7 years ago

Justified Season 3 Episode 11, there's a Black Knight 2000 in a drug dealers house. It's an out of focus background object the entire time, but it's in attract mode.

2 months later
    #27 6 years ago

Can anyone ID the pins in 'GI Joe - Retaliation' in "Roadblock's: gym?
    Looks like 3 against the wall...

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

There are several pins in "Dazed and Confused" at the Emporium. Haven't watched it in a while, so I'll have to go back and watch it again to what was there.

The director, Richard Linklater is a pinball fan. In "Waking Life" there is a nice sequence of him playing Fireball, with the rotating disc, and I think it is also in"Slacker"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 279.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 87.00
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside