4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MarkG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Anythiink Huron St sm (resized).jpg (© © Mark Gibson)
    IMG_0076 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0004 (5) (resized).JPG
    Pinball in the Library (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

There was a time when libraries were quiet places for reading and any noise louder than a whisper might have been shushed. Today some libraries are looking for more ways to inform and educate their communities. One local library asked me to bring part of my interactive pinball exhibit for a weekend event. For a couple of weeks leading up to the event they've set up my demonstration game right in the library. I've stripped away as much as I can to reveal the insides but the game still works fine. Guests are welcome to play although we did disconnect the chimes in this case.
    Pinball in the Library (resized).jpgPinball in the Library (resized).jpg
    What other unusual places have you set up a game?

/Mark
    FunWithPinball.com

#7 4 years ago

The game is Top Card. It was going to be rethemed but ended up with me instead. I added lights inside the cabinet and back box and some labels to explain what various pieces do. It's been popular wherever I set it up. (It's free pinball, right?) Most people just want to play but enough are curious and peer inside for a closer look. Sometimes I'll open it up in public and that really gets people's attention. I also use it to teach workshops on the science and technology that makes the game work.

4 months later
    #8 4 years ago

On loan to another library for a few weeks leading up to a workshop hosted by the library.
    This group of libraries has a saying: "Shhh is a four letter word..."
    Anythiink Huron St sm (resized).jpgAnythiink Huron St sm (resized).jpg
    Workshop details at https://www.funwithpinball.com/learn/pinball-engineering-workshop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-the-library?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.