Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Anyone know a good location in downtown Seattle for pinball? Would love to find a spot with a new Star Trek

thanks

#3 10 years ago

Shortys has a STLE

#4 10 years ago

Shortys.

#5 10 years ago

Damn that is a lot of games on location around Seattle. That will give me plenty to do next time I get dragged along to see the in-laws.

#6 10 years ago

Don't overlook Dorkys in Tacoma.Lots of pins set at 50cents,good food and plenty of parking right out front.

#7 10 years ago

Seattle Pinball Museum.....all the way!!!!! Their business has boomed in the last year or so.

Dorky's Barcade in Tacoma.
    The Full Tilt Ice Cream Parlors.
    Shortys.
    8-Bit in Renton.

Those are my hot spots. Can't say for sure regarding the STLE.

#8 10 years ago

I see lots of pinball in your future.

Definitely check out Shorty's. Full Tilt Ice Cream and Seattle Pinball Museum are both awesome too.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Don't overlook Dorkys in Tacoma.Lots of pins set at 50cents,good food and plenty of parking right out front.

Yeah, Dorkys is great.

#10 10 years ago

Yep, while not quite downtown, the Seattle Pinball Museum (located in Chinatown-International District, close to the football and baseball stadiums) is a fantastic choice:
    http://pinballmap.com/seattle/?by_location_id=1309

Just don't go this Sunday...apparently there is some sort of minor sporting event that day involving a local team, so they will be closed.

-Mark

#11 10 years ago

Full Tilt in Ballard has the best maintained machines in the PNW. Bobby Connover does a good job rotating the titles so there's always something new. The Ballard location is sort of the flagship, and that's where his Oz resides. I think he keeps 11 or 13 there. They also have great ice cream and good beer made by my best friend's bother in law, Hilliards.

Right down the street is Card Kingdom and attached to it is Moxxies. Bobby has a pretty amazing Addams Family there if that's your thing. (It sure ain't mine!) This is also the very best nerd game store on Earth if that floats your boat at all. It doesn't even smell like old cheese and crotch.

Further down the same street about a couple of blocks from the bridge (you're now technically in Freemont) is Add-A-Ball. It's a full on dive bar, but has a lot of machines. Some newer, by far most older. They have a few curiosities too like Orbitor. These games are not in as good a shape as the previous two, but they do keep them up.

Seattle Pinball Museum has a zillion pins broken into EMs on one wall and everything else on the other. This is a pay up front entry fee place, and if you don't plan to stay and play ALL DAY, if you are at all a decent player, you will be utterly price fucked value wise. The owners are nice and receptive to knowledgeable players, but since they have SO damn many games, I find very few of them are in what I would consider top shape. Almost all of them have at least SOMETHING wrong, usually minor, but not insignificant. They have a lot of the newer Sterns, and JJP seems to love them as they got one of the (maybe the very) first Oz's in the state. Their Sterns have been broken basically every time I've been there. One visit, literally, every Stern, from ACDC to Tron was displaying the same "Please wait, searching for ball" error. I went there a lot over the past year because me and my son won a lot of free tickets at the Tacoma show mini tournaments, but honestly, if I had to have been paying for my family's time there, I would eventually have left feeling a little miffed. Just too many marquis games offline or with enough problems to substantially alter / derail play.

When it comes right down to it, the Ballard Full Tilt is the premiere place to play pinball in Seattle. It has the best mix of selection and condition you'll find.

Also, drink a few Hilliards. It's made right down the street.

EDIT: There's a handful of awesome Ballardian chic restaurants around Full Tilt. That Moxxie's place has some good pub food and a shit load of good beer. If you go to the SPM be sure to walk around Uwajimaya a couple blocks towards Century Quest Quall Link Com Stadium.

#12 10 years ago

If you have an android phone, check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skillshot.android
    Shorty's is a must visit, same goes for Seattle Pinball Museum

2 months later
    #13 9 years ago

i would say hit up 8 bit in renton.....they have the most selection of tables in the seattle area, aside from the pinball museum.

#14 9 years ago

WA and OR are loaded with locations.

I would mention shorty's or Full Tilt and almost forgot pinball museum. Seattle area

I am just hearing about Dorky's Tacoma area

Portland has Ground Kontrol. Just south of the WA border.

2 years later
    #15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

WA and OR are loaded with locations.
    I would mention shorty's or Full Tilt and almost forgot pinball museum. Seattle area
    I am just hearing about Dorky's Tacoma area
    Portland has Ground Kontrol. Just south of the WA border.

The triple knock is the premier place in Tacoma.

#16 7 years ago

Rumor has it that an arcade will be opening in Marysville.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

The triple knock is the premier place in Tacoma.

Exactly this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-seattle-wa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.