Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by phishrace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Orange Photography   02.13.13 SFPD Pinball league   San Francisco Pinball photos.png
    #1 10 years ago

I'm visiting family in San Jose this weekend, is there any place to play the newer Pins around here? i.e. WOZ, ST, ACDC, etc?

#2 10 years ago

Lots of good options and if you want a pinball hoodie designed like your avatar Free Gold Watch has them!

Pinball in Bay Area:
    http://pinballmap.com/bayarea#

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Lots of good options and if you want a pinball hoodie designed like your avatar Free Gold Watch has them!
    Pinball in Bay Area:
    http://pinballmap.com/bayarea#

Wow! So I can get a mr gone hoodie?
    Freakin sweet!

#4 10 years ago

Pizza Depot has some good games and pizza/beer. I don't know what their current line up is, but I try to make it there once a year.

#5 10 years ago

I am sure they could print one for you but a one off might be a bit expensive

Here's the back of the hoodie you can partially see:Orange Photography   02.13.13 SFPD Pinball league   San Francisco Pinball photos.pngOrange Photography 02.13.13 SFPD Pinball league San Francisco Pinball photos.png

#6 10 years ago

Use the map, man The Op for Pizza Depot is a pinsider too so support him and play there. And buy a coke, beer or slice and let them know you went b/c of the pins

Pizza Depot
    919 E Duane Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA, 94085
    1-408-245-7760

Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Genie
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Spider-Man
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Xenon

#7 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Not all the games at PD are mine, but I'll take credit/ blame for 3 of them. No OZ in the south bay (yet), but there's a ST pro at the theaters at Oakridge mall in south SJ (no movie ticket required) and an AC/DC pro at the SJ Rock Shop on north 3rd street downtown (also my location). I should be at all three of these locations later today either cleaning or playing. If you see a dude in jeans and a Metallica t shirt, say hi and I'll give you some credits and the lowdown on the games.

-mike

#8 10 years ago

I bought my Taxi from Mike, stand up guy and his games are the best on location - always playing great! Go play his games!

#9 10 years ago

Pizza depot is great.

Had a ton of fun on WOZ at free gold watch yesterday.

#10 10 years ago

Jealous of you folks - I explored the town I'm in visiting my parents looking for pins that I remember playing as a kid (Taxi, Fire!) and can't find any at the logical places. Feeling like there may literally be ZERO pins on location here in Auburn, AL

#11 10 years ago

I'm gonna try and hit PD tomorrow. I hit the great mall in milpitas but it was a bust, no pins even in busters. I did find a spiderman at the century theater but the flippers were weak. they also had an ironman but it was out of order. I may hit golfland latter and see what they have. Thanks for the tips.

#12 10 years ago

Last time I was at Golfland all they had were POTC and The Simpsons. The Simpsons was out of order.

1 week later
    #13 10 years ago

Well, the Simpson's is still out of order... Also, the POTC was barley functional and most of the ship was missing....
    I never made it out to the other locations, I'm pretty bummed about that. O-well, maybe next time.

-Dave

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Thanks guys. Not all the games at PD are mine, but I'll take credit/ blame for 3 of them.

Is the Xenon at Pizza Depot yours? It's spectacular!! Played it a bunch last night, it's super clean and playing great.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Is the Xenon at Pizza Depot yours? It's spectacular!!

No. That game belongs to Rick Stetta. It is fun. It had a broken rubber and bent post Thursday night, but Rick's guy should fix that soon. Glad you enjoyed it.

3 weeks later
    #16 10 years ago

Just was at Pizza Depot to play pinball during my shoot break here in San Jose. All the machines seemed to work fine although I just played like ten games on Dracula and sucked ass! Mike is it set up hard or am I just playing like crap

I did get one replay from a match at least. Had the cheesy garlic bread which was yum! Off to Rock Shop before I have to resume shooting tonight!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

All the machines seemed to work fine although I just played like ten games on Dracula and sucked ass! Mike is it set up hard or am I just playing like crap

Yeah Gene, it is kinda hard. It's at about 6.8 degrees. However, it does have upgraded flipper coils and the right outlane (post) is half closed. I've cracked 1B on it in league (no EB's) and Tim has the league record at 1.5B. Once you get the ramp shots down, a big game is inevitable. For a player of your caliber anyway. Try to make it to another league night there and you'll see someone light it up, if not do it yourself. Thanks for the quarters.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-san-jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.