View topic image gallery

20160212_121332_(resized).jpg
20160212_120635_(resized).jpg
20160212_121533_(resized).jpg
20160212_121326_(resized).jpg
20160212_125124_(resized).jpg
20160212_120601_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I moved from the US to Panama (central america) several months ago. I'll be here for 4-5 years. I've been a pinhead for about 10 years now and I love restoring machines. I've never bought a turn key machine. Everything I've ever purchased needed some love. Before moving here I sold my machines. I wasn't sure if I would have room for them here. Turns out I do. My hunt began. Pinball maps show nothing here. Columbia has a decent pinball following. Costa Rica has some pins on the map also. Nothing in Panamá though.
Theirs not even a pinsider listed in Panamá. My logic says there must be pins lying around from old US military bases, bars, etc. , but where? It's not as easy as googling it here. Doesn't work that way in a third world country. You have to know someone or just get out a look and that exactly what I did. Unfortunately I found my best deal ever on the game I like the least, South Park. Why oh why did it have to be a South Park? Could have been any other pin. Cabinet decals are faded, the GI is out and the it will not load the ball. All non issues. The Playfield is filthy but in fantastic condition. Not a bit of wear and I can't find a broken piece of plastic anywhere. Sound works, DMD works. It's a fairly easy restore compared to some of the stuff I've tackled in the past. The owner says it needs a part and he has to order it from the states. He has no Internet and Panamá had no post office. This makes ordering parts difficult. Fortunately I don't have these problems.
Anyways we made a deal. $200 for the South Park. It's a great deal. But it is a South Park. Even though I dislike the theme, call outs and game play I could not pass it up. It is a 70% working dmd pin with a great playfield. I guess in this case one mans trash is another mans trashy treasure. No offense to SP lovers, it's just not my cup of tea.
I pick it up tonight at 5pm. I'll post pics tonight.
I'm excited to get a new project but I'm not done looking. These machines are not worth much here. Few people can or will check value from other countries and no one wants a pinball machine in Panamá. I just know there are some "A" titles lying around waiting for me to find them. I will not let them down. I will rescue them all.
Anyone spent time in Panamá? Play pinball in Panamá?

#2 8 years ago

A good story, now go find those pins.

#3 8 years ago

Yes cool mission good luck. I always wondered what the pin situation was like in some countries. We have it so good here in the US - maybe not always good prices but good supply and places to play.

#4 8 years ago

South Park is an awesome game!!! Gotta love those little foul mouths!
Great find!

#5 8 years ago

Just a quick heads up: i have a TAFG,that originated in Germany,and at some point in getting it here,a small amount of mould formed under the pf!! So please check it all out before you buy!!

#6 8 years ago

I finally picked up south park last night. Of course he had no keys so I had to roll the dice on this one. It starts up and goes into attract mode. DMD works well. Playfield is a filthy mess but nice underneath. I cleaned a spot on the playfield and it quickly looked new. I could tell it has\had termites. I see nothing living but I can't be sure. Cabinet has some termite damage and the artwork is shot. I'm having vault fumigation done on it next week just to be sure. So here's what you get for $200

20160212_120601_(resized).jpg20160212_120601_(resized).jpg

20160212_125124_(resized).jpg20160212_125124_(resized).jpg

20160212_121326_(resized).jpg20160212_121326_(resized).jpg

20160212_121533_(resized).jpg20160212_121533_(resized).jpg

#7 8 years ago

More pics

20160212_120635_(resized).jpg20160212_120635_(resized).jpg

20160212_121332_(resized).jpg20160212_121332_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago

Anyone know where to find cabinet decals for south park?

1 week later
#9 8 years ago

Ive been searching for a couple weeks before finding a set. They come up every now and then on eBay and Pinside. I set up automatic alerts to let me know when they pop up.

1 month later
#10 8 years ago

I have a set of decals if anyone still wants to buy a set.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

I have a set of decals if anyone still wants to buy a set.

Pm sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-panama-and-my-200-sp-find and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.