(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,680 posts
  • 446 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by dirkdiggler
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 785 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191019_063537.jpg
SMQ 58.. (resized).jpg
SMQ 58. (resized).jpg
SMQ 58 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Unbenannt. (resized).jpg
93E64E82-2F2E-468E-880C-E21EA021B0C8 (resized).jpeg
20191009_000835_HDR (resized).jpg
20191009_000833_HDR (resized).jpg
20191009_000831_HDR (resized).jpg
16 Blocks... (resized).jpg
16 Blocks.. (resized).jpg
BC41F8C5-334F-402A-A013-FD1F9ED8E297.png
ES3 EBD (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
FC8D3F81-FD8F-426D-8DA6-6676D37172BC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Bowman9:

Kolchak The Night Stalker - Firefall
Murder in a penny arcade, lots of pins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5qxiVHJNSm8#t=75s

Epic!

2 weeks later
#166 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Jennifer's body has fire

Yes it does!

1 year later
#289 4 years ago

In an episode of Police Story from 1976 they play Fireball.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

... Did they make the skill-shot?

No, but there is a loose bulb or socket in the right pop bumper. And by missing the skill shot they should not even be lit.

8 months later
#378 3 years ago

I was watching an old episode of Wonder Woman from 1978 called "Skateboard Wiz" and it took place in an arcade that had quite a few pinball machines. Several were new state of the art solid state machines.

#381 3 years ago

It was easy because Williams only used that drop down cabinet for a couple years. Very hard to find front legs for one of those.

4 months later
#452 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Artwork looks really cool on it. Very patriotic

In the year 1976 everything was red white and blue, and it was one big party!

1 month later
#474 3 years ago

I was watching an episode of Perry Mason called The Case of the Telltale Tap from 1965 and this one was in the corner of the bar in the opening scene. Couldn't figure out what it was though. The grainy youtube catch doesn't help.

Telltale.jpg

#477 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That is going to be a toughy. Score reels in the lower center, maybe. Could it be an import? There appears to be gaffers tape across the coin door, and something spread across the backglass in a 'Z' shape, as part of that cover up overlaps the side of the back box.

It was easier to see when I was half asleep watching it. but I was so drousy I thought it was a woodrail at first. Then I though it might be a Bally because of the coin door. Now it looks more lie a Williams game like Full House with the score reels like that, but without the dropdown cabinet.

5 months later
#572 2 years ago

There's a new TV ad with a bunch of pinball machines in it. Saw it last night but can't remember what ad it was.

Last weekend I watched Wonder Woman "Skateboard Wiz' again and there are a bunch of late 70s machines including Joker Poker and Mata Hari in an arcade.

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Hotels dot com has a commercial where captain obvious is playing air hockey with a line of pins behind him. TZ is the only one I remember being there but there were lots.

That's the ad I was talking about. If that row of machines doesn't get peoples attention, I don't know what will.

#600 2 years ago

It looks computer generated to me, in other words, fake.

#602 2 years ago

I believe I saw an Abra Ca Dabra in a new Windows 10 ad. Pinball is every where...

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Bull. There was a pin in the back ground.

I saw that. It flashed by real fast. I was playing pinball with the TV on overhead.

2 months later
#648 2 years ago

The latest episode of Supergirl last night had what I believe to be an EM in the bar scene at the beginning but it was kind of blurry so it was hard to tell what it was. Some dude was playing it before I got distracted and changed the channel.

1 week later
#656 2 years ago

I just watched this episode of Kolchak. A guy gets executed while playing a 4 Square and turns into a doppleganger.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Sounds like "the way" to go

I remember watching it when it first aired. I watched all the Kolchaks as it was the best show on at the time. Chris Carter said X-files was directly influenced by Kolchak.

Instead of trying to hide the identity of the pinball machine like you see in so may shows, when Kolchak inquired where the guy got shot, the op said right here he was playing this 4 Square and had the high score on it.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

X-Files did have a cross over Episode, Darrin McGavin was not in it. Charles Nelson Riley played a Kolchak kind of character. A few times in the Series Mulder mentions Kolchak.

Did you not see this episode? Darren played the guy who was part of the original X-files.

55804c5e-554a-4ce1-8a51-c930195f9672 (resized).jpg

#664 2 years ago

And I'll keep watching Kolchak re-runs on MeTV until they stop showing them again. Fast forward to 36:15 if you want to see that 4-Square in all it's glory.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remembered how good it was, but forgot how 80s it is.

I thought it was more "70s" myself.

download (3) (resized).jpg

2 months later
#728 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I stopped watching WOF after they took away making you spend the monies you just won on prizes.

I stopped watching WOF when Chuck left.

Kind of pinball related, last night I watched Kolchak take on thee Black Knight.

0022ea216d25b0ba946eea59fcd272f9 (resized).jpg

download (resized).jpg

3 months later
#826 2 years ago

In the episode of TJ Hooker called "The Connection", guys are using a pinball store as a front to sell PCP, and in this store there is a Black Hole all lit up in it's glory.

4 weeks later
#834 2 years ago

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but now there's the arthritis medicine ad with the dude playing pinball. lol....

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Pinbot if I remember correctly.

Yep and there is a Getaway there as well along with a couple others. What kind of TV shows are we watching that feel we need arthritis medicine?

#838 2 years ago

Heaven help us if they ever pull the plug.

3 months later
#984 1 year ago

FOX's new show 911 has a Fireball Classic in the station house.

#985 1 year ago

And it's not just some random shot in the background. Without it these stars might be struggling.

6 months later
#1164 1 year ago

Sniper Reloaded has Sgt. Beckett playing a Jubilee.

1 month later
#1235 1 year ago

7:50 into the Charlie's Angel's episode "Angels on Skates" Bosley goes into a skate shop with two Williams pinball machines. One is pretty obvious. The other may not be.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6g2au5

#1236 1 year ago
Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 6.56.39 PM (resized).png
#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

(Spanish Eyes and ?)

The other one is what my dad used to say about over rated things.

image-5 (resized).jpg
#1243 1 year ago

They've done the arthritis ad, but now I wanna see a pinball machine in an erectile dysfunction medication ad, then we will know for sure this hobby has arrived!

#1245 1 year ago

Looks like a 1969 Williams Smart Set

Backglass2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1252 12 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

... I don't think so:

It looks more like Bonanza to me. But the image is reversed.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=345

1c99aada80c33a214dfec6d33b987431aac0f7a1 (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg

#1254 12 months ago

Eight Ball Deluxe. Can you name the movie? Of course you can!

8ball (resized).jpg
#1256 12 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I just noticed that when I watched this last week!

Seriously, I was flipping thru the channels and there was nothing else on so I watched it again. Great flick!

I think by today's standards some might be able to find a bit of political incorrectness in that film. lol

9 months later
#1615 59 days ago
Quoted from N101AA:

What is this pin? It was in the background of a scene from "The Giant Spider Invasion" (1978) on tonight's Rifftrax. I can't find a higher res photo, but here is a capture from the original MST3K broadcast:
[quoted image]

It looks like Gilligan's Island meets Perry Mason. lol

The game is Bally Dixieland.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=692

#1616 58 days ago

In the new SWAT TV show one of the officers has a Police Force in his home. lol.

He just got bummed because he was called to duty during multiball.

#1621 57 days ago

I saw a pinball machine in a ski lodge on an old Mission Impossible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside