(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,759 posts
  • 723 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by pinball2020
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballintvmovies (resized).jpg
dcwtf.gif
7A95FA98-2C35-495C-A493-87B1DE0036A1 (resized).jpeg
image-6 (resized).jpg
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 1 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 2 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 3 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 4 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) (resized).JPG
unnamed (6) (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-2 (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-3 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1256 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9 Van Wilder (2002) Posted by dmacy (11 years ago)

Post #22 What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993) Posted by kwiKimart (11 years ago)

Post #34 ABCNews Damon Lindelof Interview Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #38 Bad Santa (2003) Posted by davewtf (11 years ago)

Post #40 Eastbound and Down S?? E?? Posted by pzy (11 years ago)

Post #52 Big Daddy (1999) Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #58 Goodfellas (1990) Posted by Wise_Guy (11 years ago)

Post #60 Wire, The S01 E?? Posted by jahbarron (11 years ago)

Post #65 Miami Vice, S01 E04 Posted by vulture (11 years ago)

Post #70 Crow, The (1994) Posted by poopdotcom (11 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

An advertisement for the show Single Parents[quoted image]

The pin in the middle is Whitewater...you can see Bigfoot's head on the side of the cabinet.

1 month later
#2133 3 years ago

Sorry, no screen shot, but saw a Junk Yard in an episode of The West Wing last night.

It was episode 1 of Season 3, "Manchester - Part 1". It was in the foreground of a long tracking shot in a bar, and then could be seen in the background a couple of other times.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was Season 3 Episode 2, according to Netflix. Got the shot, but it's really a dark shot so the translite is blown out.[quoted image]

Yeah, it depends on how you count it. Season 3 had a "special mini-episode" due to 9/11 that pushed back the season premiere. Some people call that Episode 1, some don't include it in Season 3, and some call it Episode 0.

Wikipedia calls this episode with the JunkYard as Episode 1, so that's what I used. Sorry for the confusion.

#2140 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was Season 3 Episode 2, according to Netflix. Got the shot, but it's really a dark shot so the translite is blown out.[quoted image]

Just noticed that the Junk Yard in this picture is set to free play. Not sure that I've ever seen a pin in a bar set to free play before.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Movie props are set to free.

Yes, that was my point. A machine in a real bar wouldn't be on free play, but this one was.

6 months later
#2533 3 years ago

There is a Road Kings, and a Black Knight, but I don't know the EM machine.

1 week later
#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Good eye!
The scene from inside the cab def looks like a wide body.
[quoted image]

Yeah, but now I need to find a new hiding place for all of my gold bars.

1 week later
#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Was watching Star Trek TNG last night (S2 ep 12 "The Royale") and the 21st century NASA pilot's remains found were that of Steven Richey, which I thought was pretty cool since Steven Ritchie designed the STTNG Williams pin. Not a pin sighting but still pretty wild coincidence there.
[quoted image]

Yes, but I'm sure that it really is a coincidence. That episode was aired in March of 1989 (and filmed before that). The STTNG pin was released in late 1993. It's unlikely that the writer of "The Royale" had any idea that SR would eventually be involved with a licensed pin at that point.

2 weeks later
#2643 3 years ago

Why do shows cover or alter the game names on the machines? It's not like they cover the name plates on the cars they use - even when they are not being paid by those car companies.

Sure, sometimes they are paid for "product placement", but it's not like Williams is going to somehow sue them for having an Attack From Mars in the background.

The whole idea of "who has the film rights to a particular object" has always been fuzzy to me. For example, if I own a Corvette and rent it to a movie company for use in their film, can GM come back to them and say "Hey, you owe us money for using our car...".

Likewise, if they film the outside of my house for a scene, can the architect and/or builder say "Hey, that's my design you're using..."

Who exactly owns the film rights to MY car/house/etc. ?

1 month later
#2742 3 years ago

I think that is a STTNG and an Addams Family also.

#2750 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i was watching Major League 2 a couple days ago and i could not identify the machine they showed a few times.It was driving me crazy

There is a Judge Dredd, and a Popeye. There is also a 3rd machine that I'm not sure about, but it might be a Congo.

#2761 3 years ago

The latest episode of FBI: Most Wanted had an old Baseball EM, a Jackbot (with the name taped over), and (I think) a WWE with an altered backglass.

#2763 3 years ago

Unfortunately, no. Sorry.

#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Negative. There's a baseball game (which you mentioned) and a Dialed In! by JJP, along with an AFM. They're renamed and obscured, of course, but that's *definitely* what they are. You probably saw the "Jack" in JJP and thought it was Jack*Bot, but it wasn't.

Yes, you are correct. I only got to see it as it went by. Going back to their site I was able to pause it on the scene and get this capture.

They certainly went out of their way to disguise the machines (cabinets and all). They even made the Dialed In look like it had a DMD.

The backbox images they used made it look like a modified JackBot and a renamed WWE, but you are right - they are actually AFM and Dialed In. At least that's what the playfields appear to be.

FBI (resized).pngFBI (resized).png

7 months later
#3184 2 years ago

There is a new Windows 11 commercial with a Bally Paragon in the background of several shots. Sorry, no screen capture...yet.

1 month later
#3258 2 years ago

There is a pinball machine in the new "Ghostbusters - Afterlife" film. I think it was a Fireball Home version, but without being able to stop the film and see, I can't be certain.

4 months later
#3452 2 years ago

Endgame S1:E5 "Gold Rush"

There is a Dialed In and a Space Mission in a guy's house.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
4 months later
#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Any ideas on that clipped machine on the right side?

Star Trek Next Generation

1 week later
#3813 1 year ago

I actually reported it in post #3258, but didn't have a screen shot as I reported it from having seen it in the theatre.

1 month later
#3876 1 year ago

The most recent Blue Bloods (Season 13 Ep 1, "Keeping the Faith") has two of the main characters playing a Striker Extreme (accompanied by EM sound effects, of course). Sorry, no screen shot.

3 months later
#4052 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Used Cars (1980, Kurt Russell). Very underrated low budget comedy. Bowling alley bar scene about 50 minutes in, looks like Space Invaders on the left, Gottlieb Count-Down in the middle, and a pin on the right I can't make out yet.[quoted image]

I believe that's a Bally Paragon

Wow...just got beaten out...

2 months later
#4188 12 months ago

The far one looks like it might be Whitewater.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.