(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,842 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.50.10?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.49.28?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.47.42?PM (resized).png
439348452_865288872293409_193572636319697598_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png
Whos that knocking at my door (resized).JPG
Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1274 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9 Van Wilder (2002) Posted by dmacy (11 years ago)

Post #22 What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993) Posted by kwiKimart (11 years ago)

Post #34 ABCNews Damon Lindelof Interview Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #38 Bad Santa (2003) Posted by davewtf (11 years ago)

Post #40 Eastbound and Down S?? E?? Posted by pzy (11 years ago)

Post #52 Big Daddy (1999) Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #58 Goodfellas (1990) Posted by Wise_Guy (11 years ago)

Post #60 Wire, The S01 E?? Posted by jahbarron (11 years ago)

Post #65 Miami Vice, S01 E04 Posted by vulture (11 years ago)

Post #70 Crow, The (1994) Posted by poopdotcom (11 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2985 2 years ago

Stir Crazy, 1980 (Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor). Bar fight scene in the early portion of the movie there's a repair tech standing next to an EM Night Rider with the playfield propped up. Don't recognize the other EM pin.....anyone?

Night Rider EM in Stir Crazy (resized).jpgNight Rider EM in Stir Crazy (resized).jpg
#2987 2 years ago

Bally Space Invaders in the end bar scene of "Tootsie" (1982). Funny thing...while the guy is playing Space Invaders, a solid state machine, you hear EM scoring chimes. I didn't see any other pins in the bar but a few video games (like Dig Dug).

Space Invaders in Tootsie (resized).jpgSpace Invaders in Tootsie (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3078 2 years ago

Was watching last week's episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine today and this pin was on the screen for about 2 seconds. Can't tell what it is, tho.....anyone?
b99 (resized).jpgb99 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3107 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is it just me or do you like/respect a tv series or movie more, because a director decided to use a pinball machine as a prop?

I love it, but I love it more when the prop is era correct. That 1960 Spot-a-Card is showing up in MASH which takes place during the Korean War (1950-1953).

Then there's Bally's "Nip It" from 1973 that is frequently seen in the sitcom Happy Days which takes place during the 50's and early 60's.

1 month later
#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am watching "The Abyss" and did a search to see if the pin in this movie (about 49 minutes in ) was ever identified -and nope! But I am almost 100% sure it is a DE Secret Service

Yes, Secret Service.

Abyss - Secret Service (resized).jpgAbyss - Secret Service (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from JadedHesher:

So i'm guessing you'd like me to delete my post then.

Not necessarily - next time, just search this thread with the movie name BEFORE you post to see if anyone else logged it already. Saves from a lot of double posting.

#3285 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see what (era correct?) pinball machines show up in this new movie based in the mid-70's. Towards the end of the movie, the protagonist opens a pinball arcade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licorice_Pizza

#3288 2 years ago

Here's a direct link to that Modern Marvel's segment:

Actually, in retrospect, that segment above is a DIFFERENT Modern Marvel's segment at Stern Pinball! That newer Modern Marvel's segment actually aired this weekend and is listed in TheTVDB as Season 22, Episode 01 "Classic Toys".

#3290 2 years ago

Not a TV show or movie, but still fun to share. A local bowling center I frequent for tournaments and pinball play posted a cool drone fly-through video this evening of their establishment. At about 1m 18s in, the drone flies through the pinball room. What titles can you name?

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Starting from the right....
Stern Indiana Jones
Eight Ball
Pitch n Bat? (not sure)
Street Fighter II
Scared Stiff
?? (turned off)
Data East Star Wars
Demolition Man
Jackbot
Harlem Globetrotters
The Flintstones
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Star Wars Episode I
High Speed
Champion Pub
?? (turned off)
??
Earthshaker
No Good Gophers
Popeye
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Centaur II
Fireball
Bowling game
The Shadow
Stern Pirates of the Caribbean
Time Machine

Nice job! First ?? is Jokerz, second ?? I can't remember , and third ?? is NBA Fast Break. They all look nice on the fast fly-by, but TBH many of them are poorly maintained and it's rare to have less than 6 or 7 pins totally inoperative or impaired enough that it's a waste of money to play. Such a shame - lots of nice old SS titles with some that are difficult to find in the wild.

I've talked to the operator a couple of times. Nice enough guy, but as an example I pumped a punch of quarters into NBA Fast Break for 3 credits ones day and the ball wouldn't eject out of the outhole (you could hear the coil firing but the ball stayed put). He happened to be there, with his tool box, and I pointed it out to him. He turned off the machine, asked me what other pin I wanted to play, and he rang it up with 5 credits for me. I asked him if he was going to look at NBA Fast Break (he did have his tool box) but said he'd have to check it out some other time and promptly left. I get it that maybe he some appointment to get to, but at that same visit Fireball's left flipper was inop (game was on), STTNG cannons each had ONE screw holding down the covers instead of four which made them sway and interfere with ball firing (game was on), almost half of Eight Ball's control lamps were out, and one of HG's multiplier drop targets wouldn't stay up on reset (game was on). He seemed to be there just to collect the money even tho he had his tools with him.

2 months later
#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

The Warriors - Just saw this again last week. It's been about 25 years that I've seen this film.
[quoted image]
Not sure what pins are in the back
- Rev

Caught The Warriors (1979) this afternoon....here are some better shots of the pins in the subway scene.

Warriors 01 (resized).jpgWarriors 01 (resized).jpgWarriors 03 (resized).jpgWarriors 03 (resized).jpgWarriors 04 (resized).jpgWarriors 04 (resized).jpgWarriors 05 (resized).jpgWarriors 05 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I'm 16 min into this B horror movie "Clowns in the Woods" and had to share this, I'm not sure the game. I wish you would see newer or well known titles in movies like in "Kickass 2"[quoted image]

1978 Bally Lost World

1 month later
#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from flecom:

Anchorman 2 their apartment had a bally playboy, an 8 ball, a harlem globetrotters, and another I could not identify...

The above is in the Key Post from 7 years ago, but no photos. So here.....Playboy, 8-Ball, Harlem Globetrotters, and Six Million Dollar Man.

Anchorman01 (resized).jpgAnchorman01 (resized).jpgAnchorman02 (resized).jpgAnchorman02 (resized).jpgAnchorman03 (resized).jpgAnchorman03 (resized).jpgAnchorman04 (resized).jpgAnchorman04 (resized).jpgAnchorman05 (resized).jpgAnchorman05 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3820 1 year ago

That ending to Last American Virgin was BRUTAL. But sadly, it rang true and was realistic.

2 weeks later
#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Just started watching "My Life as a Rolling Stone" Documentary (Ep1 Mick Jagger) on EPIX.
And in the first few minutes it has video of Stern's Rolling Stones pinball machine
interlaced with Mick Jagger talking over the footage, in the doc's intro
explaining what they hope to show with this "new" documentary.
Was not able to grab a screen shot
Was watching it thru free preview via SlingTV via Epix channel, only 1st episode is free.
https://watch.sling.com/1/asset/0e7174bc0dc9408ab772b0467762afe1/watch
about 1-2 minutes into the start,
has several prolonged snippets of video of the game in play
while narrators discuss how pivotal the Stones were.

You never get to see the whole machine, but here are the snippits I captured. As usual when pins are depicted in files....the background audio had stock EM/chime pinball sound effects playing for the ball action on the Stern game, lol.

RS01 (resized).jpgRS01 (resized).jpgRS02 (resized).jpgRS02 (resized).jpgRS03 (resized).jpgRS03 (resized).jpgRS04 (resized).jpgRS04 (resized).jpgRS05 (resized).jpgRS05 (resized).jpgRS06 (resized).jpgRS06 (resized).jpgRS07 (resized).jpgRS07 (resized).jpgRS08 (resized).jpgRS08 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3868 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Aw man, I just saw S4 ep8 of What We Do in the Shadows last night and Nandors wife Mara has a pinball in her (Man)cave but I didnt catch which one it was. I think this is an omen for Spooky!

Already posted: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/77#post-7099306

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#3896 1 year ago

New movie trailer "Violent Night" with David Harbour. Custom glass but the cab art looks familiar....can't quite place it.

VN (resized).jpgVN (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3950 1 year ago

Last week's Inside Amy Schumer (S05E03). One of the graphic bumpers between skits....a backwards Paragon and what looks to be a backwards Seawitch.

ias (resized).jpgias (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

There's a pinball machine visible in a early scene of Violent Night (2022) ... definitely rethemed backglass but the cabinet looks like it could be original, I just don't recognize it offhand. Looks like a wolf howling at the moon in a forest maybe?[quoted image]

That was posted a couple months ago.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/78#post-7179502

2 weeks later
#4031 1 year ago

From the S02E02 episode of "Tanked!", a custom fish tank creation reality show that was on Animal Planet from 2011 to 2018. A pinball guy commissioned the Tanked! team to build him a custom "aquarium based pinball machine" for his game room. The team bought a working classic Stern Stingray from the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas and designed three fresh water tanks (sides and head) to surround the pin for a complete, immersive aquatic theme.

To each their own, but even me as a pinhead AND a fish tank enthusiast, no way would I want to combine these hobbies. The result is kinda, well, no thank you. But the workman ship is fantastic.

At several thousand pounds, I don't see being able nudge or tilt this particular pin, lol.

At least this isn't a coffee table conversion where the pin is ruined....you could take the tanks and supporting hardware off of the machine and go back to the original Stingray if you wanted to.
Tanked Stingray 01 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 01 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 02 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 02 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 03 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 03 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 04 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 04 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 05 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 05 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 06 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 06 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 07 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 07 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 08 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 08 (resized).jpg

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Post #1169 4 years ago.

Dang - I did check the index before posting, but my search was too literal with the correct TV show name ("Tanked!" instead of "Tanked"). Thanks....

#4049 1 year ago

Used Cars (1980, Kurt Russell). Very underrated low budget comedy. Bowling alley bar scene about 50 minutes in, looks like Space Invaders on the left, Gottlieb Count-Down in the middle, and a pin on the right I can't make out yet.

Used Cars - Count-Down (resized).jpgUsed Cars - Count-Down (resized).jpg
#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Looks like Paragon.

I think you're right....I thought it was that too at first, but thinking Paragon was a wide body I dismissed it because it didn't look wide. But the art seems to match up. Plus...movie was filmed and came out in 1980, Count-Down came out in 1980, and Paragon came out in mid-1979 so they all kind of line up.

#4059 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Where was this arcade anyway? I turned the TV on and it was just on history channel

San Francisco. Pawn Stars Do America.S01E03.

3 weeks later
#4080 1 year ago

Not a movie or TV show, but rather a behind-the-scenes daily vlog on YouTube that tracks the Professional Bowlers Tour during tournament season. This week they're in Springfield, MO for the PBA Springfield Classic.

Here's Kyle Troup ("The Pro with the 'fro") playing a Sega Frankenstein surrounded by Jesper Svensson and Kris Prather.

PBA (resized).jpgPBA (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4171 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSouthBay:

It was originally a Gottlieb Soccer (1975). Here are better pics. The art department working on the show also made decals for the playfield to hide the soccer theme.

Most of the time re-themed backglasses for movies aren't that great. I actually kinda like this one! Carry that backglass theme to the playfield plastics, lol!

2 months later
#4233 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Not exactly movie/TV and I don't know where it's from but I saw this today and figured someone would enjoy seeing it. Old-school.
[quoted image]

1979 movie called "Tilt". https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078400/

Synopsis:
Tilt is the story of a young girl, who is a pinball machine wizard. Because she does not get on with her parents, Tilt is contemplating running away from home, and skipping school one day she decides to go to Mickey's Bar. Mickey, who is Tilt's good friend, helps her set up a gambler for a pinball game. Because the gambler is unaware of Tilt's pinball wizardry, he is easily hustled out of his money. While watching the confrontation, a young man, who is a potential country and western singer and who has tried to hustle and cheat the pinball champion, is impressed with Tilt's ability, congratulating her after the win. Because Neil Gallagher has to raise money to make a demo tape of his songs, he has an idea of taking Tilt with him and having her hustle would-be gamblers. Neil invites Tilt to watch him sing at a rock concert, and after seeing him sing, she believes that he can become a great singer. Henry Bertolino, Neil's manager, thinks his plan is a bad idea and they have a dispute resulting in Henry abandoning Neil. Neil Gallagher then explains his story to Tilt, telling her that they will have a contract between them, and because she was already considering leaving home, she decides to go with Neil. But Tilt is unaware that she will eventually be playing Harold "The Whale" Remmens.

8 months later
#4625 75 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Oh okay - the one above with Dreyfuss is Duddy Kravitz. Added to keypost.

Dang....look how young Cousin Eddie is in that movie.

#4641 70 days ago
Quoted from Scubaman82:

Bally 1979 Star Trek in Pawn Stars Do America S2/E2
Seller asking $1,500
Rick bought for $800
Expert value $10,000

The expert is Jeff Miller, a/k/a Pinball Pimp (stencils).

1 month later
#4752 28 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

So a guy like me, who hasn't browsed ALL 4,700 ( ! ) previous posts isn't going to see it. My loss I guess??

This isn't rocket science, people. Got to the KEY POSTS at the beginning of the thread and click on SHOW ALL. Do a CONTROL-F in Chrome (or whatever invokes search in your browser) and type in the show you're looking for. Click on that thread and see if it's the machine you were thinking of posting.

Takes like 20 seconds to do....

pinballintvmovies (resized).jpgpinballintvmovies (resized).jpg
#4755 28 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Good God, read my post again. I never said I was "looking for" anything, nor did I say I was "thinking of posting"! I'm just scrolling through looking at OTHER PEOPLE'S posts. THAT isn't rocket science either. Jeeeeze....

You're right. I do apologize.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 70.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,159.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background?tu=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.