(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,842 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.50.10?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.49.28?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.47.42?PM (resized).png
439348452_865288872293409_193572636319697598_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png
Whos that knocking at my door (resized).JPG
Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1274 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9 Van Wilder (2002) Posted by dmacy (11 years ago)

Post #22 What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993) Posted by kwiKimart (11 years ago)

Post #34 ABCNews Damon Lindelof Interview Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #38 Bad Santa (2003) Posted by davewtf (11 years ago)

Post #40 Eastbound and Down S?? E?? Posted by pzy (11 years ago)

Post #52 Big Daddy (1999) Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #58 Goodfellas (1990) Posted by Wise_Guy (11 years ago)

Post #60 Wire, The S01 E?? Posted by jahbarron (11 years ago)

Post #65 Miami Vice, S01 E04 Posted by vulture (11 years ago)

Post #70 Crow, The (1994) Posted by poopdotcom (11 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#676 7 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker visible for about two seconds in 2005's War of the Worlds.

WWNGS (resized).jpgWWNGS (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#692 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Here is a new one. Bobs Burgers 'Like Gene for Chocolate'. 2 cartoon pins in the office where Gene meets the grandson of the chocolate factory, founder. Grand son is playing one of them. One pin name is Rockstar, the other BACCARAY?

You sure that didn't say BARRACORA?

1 month later
#703 7 years ago

Half an Aztec backbox visible in 1980's "Gloria". That's Gena Rowlands and the weird little kid in the doorway.

aztec (resized).jpgaztec (resized).jpg

4 months later
#830 6 years ago

Stern Lightning in Pink Floyd The Wall.

PFTW (resized).jpgPFTW (resized).jpg

1 month later
#904 6 years ago

"I Am Wrath" scene with John Travolta and Chris Meloni. Doesn't everyone have a Medusa in their basement gun room / shooting range?

iamwrath (resized).jpgiamwrath (resized).jpg

#908 6 years ago

Just a little aside here: it always bugs me that, no matter what era of pin is shown in a movie or tv show, even if it's an SS, AN, or DMD, if it's being played the sounds you'll hear are an EM's ding-ding-ding. I understand why, with speech and callouts and such, the moviemakers don't want to interrupt the actors' dialogue with "Lionman!" or "Oooh, bitchin!" or whatever in the background. But still.....very anachronistic.

1 month later
#961 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

For years my brothers and I would quote the opening line in Mick Jagger's accent: "A'right... Let's do it." We still find that movie hilarious.

Holy cow....I could have written this exact same post. My brother and I had to turn it off right after this scene, it was such a steaming pile of crap. But even after 20+ years I'll say "let's do it" in that stupid accent and he'll crack up.

3 weeks later
#986 6 years ago

Close Encounters in the 1979 Jerry Reed / Dom Deluise bomb "Hot Stuff". Cops set up a bogus pawn shop, I knew at some point a pin would turn up.

hotstuff (resized).jpghotstuff (resized).jpg

6 months later
#1185 5 years ago

Disco Fever and Space Invaders tucked in the back of a bar in the Styx video "Too Much Time on My Hands".

styx (resized).jpgstyx (resized).jpg
#1190 5 years ago

Eight Ball Champ in the REM video "Man on the Moon".

EBC (resized).jpgEBC (resized).jpg
#1192 5 years ago

Revenge From Mars in the final scene of "Ready Player One". Also visible are the videogames Robotron:2084, Space Invaders, and a rare and cool Joust cocktail.

RP1 (resized).jpgRP1 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#1261 5 years ago

An Eight Ball Deluxe doesn't ever actually show up in MST3K, but this is the second reference I've seen them make to it.

8 months later
#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That 70's show
Season 5 episode 1 - Going to California
Future Spa in the background[quoted image]

Looks like an unfaded pink on that cabinet too, which is uncommon for Future Spa.

Striker Extreme and Alien Poker in Elektra, using the incorrect EM chime sound effects of course.
Elektra (resized).jpgElektra (resized).jpg

3 months later
#1681 4 years ago

Agents of Shield S3 E19. This machine has been mentioned before in post 216. Cab artwork similar to Galaxy, Stern-ish red & black apron, playfield that I don't recognize, and even though it doesn't have a name on it, it looks like a real backglass, as it's mirrored and has the spidering common to many older backglasses. The bumper caps appear to be from a Bally Star Trek. Just what is this thing?? There was also a Diner in the background five seconds earlier.

Oh yeah, and utterly cringe-worthy pseudo-pinball dialogue that no real player would ever say.

AOS (resized).jpgAOS (resized).jpg
DINER (resized).jpgDINER (resized).jpg

5 months later
#1960 4 years ago

Mousin' Around and Bally Game Show somewhere in the Hard Rock Cafe in "L.A. Story".
LA STORY (resized).jpgLA STORY (resized).jpg

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! Great movie that has aged very well. A classic.
Not pinball, but this is from another movie I watched last week.[quoted image][quoted image]

Soylent Green!

1 year later
#2860 3 years ago

From an episode of Dukes of Hazzard, this one is a combination of the backglass from "Sheriff" and the cabinet of "Jungle". Plus, there's Daisy Duke in a French maid outfit.
gottlieb (resized).jpggottlieb (resized).jpg

#2864 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

1988 TV movie "In the Line of Duty: The FBI Murders" with David Soul, Michael Gross and Ronnie Cox, I still remember watching it on TV back then because it had a small sub-plot where these two murderers tried out being pinball machine operators but it doesn't work out cuz the games were all flaky. Soul kicks over an Eight Ball Deluxe and destroys it when he gets fed up, and a little later he sticks a gun in the face of the guy who sold them the business (who has more pins laying around in his front yard) and says "We're not interested in your pinball machines anymore." I loved that line. Pretty good movie too from what I remember, Soul is a real mean and creepy SOB in it. Found it on youtube, pinball stuff starts at 10:00 mark to about 13:30. Look for the higher rez version. He kicks a Rolling Stones pin too, Mick wouldn't like that!
[quoted image]

I see a Mars God of War, Flash Gordon, probably the same Eight Ball Deluxe and Rolling Stones as earlier, and a couple others I can't identify in op's front yard. How that EBD backglass didn't break when the machine was kicked over is a mystery.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Isn't that inside the Boar's Nest on 'Dukes of Hazzard'? Pretty sure there were quite a few episodes featuring scenes in that dive, with that pin in the background.

It was from a Youtube video. Probably the only episode that had Daisy in a French maid's outfit, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

2 months later
#2999 2 years ago

Barely visible Phoenix and Paragon, and Bally Star Trek way behind Corey Haim, in the comic book shop in "The Lost Boys".

LB1 (resized).jpgLB1 (resized).jpgLB2 (resized).jpgLB2 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#4429 5 months ago

Lisa Eilbacher and her gorgeous head of 70's hair, fixing a Bally Freedom in "On The Right Track".

track (resized).jpgtrack (resized).jpgarc (resized).jpgarc (resized).jpgbg (resized).jpgbg (resized).jpg

#4431 5 months ago

Jeez dude, sorry I didn't comb through four thousand posts to make sure I wasn't wasting your time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background?tu=jibmums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.