(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,677 posts
  • 446 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mardi-Gras-Man
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 784 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SMQ 58.. (resized).jpg
SMQ 58. (resized).jpg
SMQ 58 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Unbenannt. (resized).jpg
93E64E82-2F2E-468E-880C-E21EA021B0C8 (resized).jpeg
20191009_000835_HDR (resized).jpg
20191009_000833_HDR (resized).jpg
20191009_000831_HDR (resized).jpg
16 Blocks... (resized).jpg
16 Blocks.. (resized).jpg
BC41F8C5-334F-402A-A013-FD1F9ED8E297.png
ES3 EBD (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
FC8D3F81-FD8F-426D-8DA6-6676D37172BC (resized).jpeg
watch?v=feH2sxYGE-w-0001 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

There was a Nip-It in Arnold's on Happy Days.
On House M.D., house had a some Bingo or pinball play-field resting on a dresser in his apartment.

4 weeks later
#72 6 years ago

Not a Pinball, but has anyone noticed the pinball hardware on the current Tardis console on Dr. Who?
Most obvious part is the shooter rod. Also spotted some bumper bodies (minus caps). There also are sounds of a Bally SS pin chimes.

#80 6 years ago

Not a real pinball, but:
In an episode of the Simpsons, Marge is having a discussion with Apu, and Homer breaks in with "Marge if I may, Play Devils Advocate?", and then the scene cuts away to Homer playing a Pinball called "Devils Advocate"

2 months later
#97 6 years ago
Quoted from KYpinhead:

From the movie Dying young (Julia Roberts in the background). Eight Ball deluxe, Space Invaders, Wizard & let's see who can come up with the 4th machines title, I do know it.

Fourth machine is Captain Fantastic. You can see the pinball machines cabinet in the back-glass near the bottom left corner.

2 months later
#98 6 years ago

Okay, So I'm watching "How I met Your Mother", and just noticed in Teds apartment, is a cabinet by the door, with a Bingo machine play-feild on top of it.

#110 6 years ago

Early in "Blue Collar", Richard Pryor, Harvey Keitel, Yaphet Kotto, and Ed Begley Jr. are in a bar, and in the background are three pins. One is a solid state Night Rider. The other two are hard to make out, but the second is a wedge head of some sort.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

cant remember the name of the flick,but its got John Goodman and he becomes a king or a prince,from just a every day guy,its a comedy,but when he moves into his palace his got a kings of steel,i think and one or two more..

King Ralph

1 month later
#131 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

After the apocalypse only wpt will survive. ...

... just shoot me now ...

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Also a Bally Rolling Stone in that arcade. Third machine, but can't ID it. Maybe someone else can (starts around 1:20) - » YouTube video

That's Golf 'n Stuff here in Norwalk CA, just within walking distance from my home. They used to have a bitchin' assortment of pins in the '70 and '80. saw Xenon (two of them) Black Hole, Firepower, Black Knight, and Flight 2000 there before I saw them anywhere else (found out years later from a friend that worked there that they were C.A. Robinson's biggest costumers, and they usually got any new game first from them. They even had the first three distributed Dragons Lairs there).

1 year later
#215 4 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Buckaroo in Superman 2

There's also a Hurdy Gurdy right next to it on the left.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Criminal Minds - Season 10 Episode 8 from about a month ago - About 16:30 in.
Second one is molested Whirlwind, not sure what the first one is.

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h20m37s242.... 217 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h20m53s2.pn... 237 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h21m28s111.... 235 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h22m02s206.... 223 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h22m13s22.p... 247 KB

The First one appears to be an altered Stern Galaxy. The vortex and the title on the back glass are changed, but the planet and the two comets on the lower left are the same.
On the side of the cabinet where a red and yellow banner with the name Galaxy followed by a line of stars has been replaced by that yellow banner with blue stars.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h20m37s242.... 217 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h20m53s2.pn... 237 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h21m28s111.... 235 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h22m02s206.... 223 KB

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-00h22m13s22.p... 247 KB

So just caught this on another topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-the-movies-1#post-1768769
Go to post #46, and that same Galaxy is in it from a Movie!

1 month later
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This showed up in The Mentalist (season 7, episode 11):

The machine was actually in the scene for several minutes.

mentalist.png 637 KB

It appears to be a Flight 2000, with a bad player 3 display.

#257 4 years ago

Okay, so I don't have a picture, but I remember back in the '80s on The Price is Right one of the prizes in a showcase was a Cosmic Gunfight (and it was a year or so after the game came out).

3 weeks later
#268 4 years ago
Quoted from Domino7:

on 'happy days' what was the pinball fonzie would hit to get free games?

It was a jukebox to get free music, but there was a Bally Nip' It next to it.

#275 4 years ago

Just saw a Medusa next to an Atari Centipede in a bunker in the movie (?) America 3000.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That was it, Flicker not Circus. This was after Champ. The Bally pins were donated by C. A. Robinson. I vividly remember their name in the scrolling credits.

I remember that as well. I remember seeing their name in the episode that they had the Cosmic Gunfight in a Showcase.

1 week later
#288 4 years ago

Okay, not exactly seen, but heard this on the radio today. Listening to the Sound 100.3 in Los Angeles today. They have this thing at 10:00 AM / PM called the Ten at 10. Usually it's a set of ten songs from the same year, and may include some audio clips from the era.
Today, it was ten songs from 1976. at the end of the set, they played an audio clip from the end of an episode of Hollywood squares. The last thing you hear Peter Marshal say is, "Stay Tuned for the Magnificent Marble Machine next! Goodbye!".

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In an episode of Police Story from 1976 they play Fireball.
» YouTube video

... Did they make the skill-shot?

1 month later
#308 4 years ago

Spotted a 1970 Gottlieb Baseball in "About Last Night".

2 months later
#326 4 years ago

Caught a Space Odyssey and Skylab in the commissary in Meteor.

2 weeks later
#328 4 years ago

Nor a real pinball, but this was in the second episode of season two of Rick and Morty:
Meeseeks_1.png
Meeseeks_2.png
Meeseeks_3.png

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

The artist must be a fan of Banzai Run

Maybe Mr. MeeSeeks helped him make the hill climb.

... and apparantly unlike Dave and Busters, "Blips and Chitz" HAS pinball!

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Caught a Space Odyssey and Skylab in the commissary in Meteor.

... and here they are:
Meteor.jpg

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from cale:

Spotted a Dr. Dude in the movie Clown
244163bscap0009.jpg

... but not The Getaway and the Who Dunnit?

1 month later
#354 3 years ago

Just saw this on Twitter:

BBT Tweet.jpg

#357 3 years ago

Um, yeah. It's a 1950 Genco Rocket.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1986

3 weeks later
#370 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

In Men In Black III agent K enters Cosmic Lanes. There are 3 Pins there. Anyone have a clue? The first is a baseball game two player animated backbox. 2nd is a Gottlieb wedge head. the last one looks like another baseball themed game.
But they should not have been there since the ban on pinball machines in New York in 1969.

I caught those games as well, but didn't even think about the ban. Good catch!

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Strikes and Spares and Bobby Orr was also in Detroit Rock City, can't make out the 3rd.
600full-detroit-rock-city-screenshot.jpg

Stern Nugent.

2 months later
#405 3 years ago

Just spotted a Williams Toledo in the premier of DC Legends of Tomorrow in a bar scene.

3 weeks later
#421 3 years ago

It's "Chain Carbon", not cannon. And there's a pattern of what look like molecules on the sides. There's also something else written below the word carbon on the lower right, but it's not readable.

4 weeks later
#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Here's an odd one. Couldn't find anything internet searching.
Screen captures are from the movie Naked Massacre, which is loosely based on the Richard Speck killings.
Main character enters a pub in Ireland and plays this machine.

NakedMassPinball1_(resized).jpg1NakedMassPinball2_(resized).jpg1NakedMassPinball4_(resized).jpgNakedMassPinball3_(resized).jpg

Looks to be a retheamed Williams "Big Star"

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=279&picno=50751

#439 3 years ago

IPD advanced search made it real easy to find.

1 week later
#445 3 years ago

Just spotted a "Doodle Bug" in a bar in the movie "Chrome and Hot Leather" (1971).

1 week later
#448 3 years ago

In the 1971 Warren Beatty / Goldie Hawn movie "$" a pier side warehouse has several pinball machines just inside the doors (most are unassembled).

1 month later
#458 3 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

That same Galaxy was on Agents of Shield tonight as well as a Diner.

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Just noticed that as well. What's even better is they we're playing it!

Yeah, but I don't remember Galaxy having chimes thou.

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The editors tend to stick the chime sounds in no matter what the game is. I saw a mustang in a show, and it had chimes going off while the game was being played.

I know. It was just a joke. Even when the Tardis on Doctor Who had pinball machine parts in the console, it used the same sound effects.

1 week later
#472 3 years ago

Spotted early in Deadpool in the arcade scene:

A Gottlieb Volcano,
a Gottlieb Strikes and Spares
and a Bally Joust

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Watching Daisy play Galaxy on Agents of Shield and hearing the EM sound effects reminded me of how every video game on TV up to and including Street Fighter and Doom used to have Atari 2600 Pac-Man sound effects slapped on them.

... or Crazy Climber and Omega Race. Hear their sounds used in a lot of T.V. shows and movies.

2 months later
#510 3 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

In the movie "The Toy" starring Jackie Gleason and Richard Pryor spotted a Gottlieb Volcano, Haunted House, and a Mars God of War (product placement perhaps?)

Probably. It was back in the day when Columbia Pictures owned D.Gottlieb.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I still can't figure out what's in Donnie Brasco, there are multiple games throughout the movie. Someone mentioned 'Big Game' but it does not appear to be a match at all when referencing the ipdb.
Here's two pics from the movie from different angles, if anyone can identify this that would be neat. So far the internet turns up nothing for me. Appears to be a 4 player EM.

It's a Williams Honey.

1 week later
#524 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's some quality if Fish Tales made it to the future of Star Trek Voyager. Was there cabinet fade or did they solve that in the future?

The pin was in 1996, not 2374. The ship and crew went back in time.

1 month later
#555 3 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

A quick glimpse of an EM in the background in episode 5 of The Night Manager. A '77 Gottlieb Jungle Queen?

Yes, Jungle Queen.

1 month later
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Spotted this while watching Supergirl. Any ideas?

It looks like it's a retheamed Williams pin just like that video game is a retheamed Galaxian (it still has a Galaxian control panel).

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

dmbjunky spotted my personal Joust (Bally, 1969) in Deadpool (2016).
Is it famous now?!
Is it worth more $$$?
Not sure who bought the GTB Volcano from John's Jukes, LTD after the movie filming that was also shown in the shot, as I never asked.
My girlfriend wants me to print out the photo, laminate it, and put it in the coin box.

There was also a Gottlieb Strikes and Spares in that scene.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Saw a single player EM during Sons of Anarchy Season 7. Episode 6. It was on and lit, but never in focus in any of the shots, so hard to ID.

Season4, episode 2 of Sons of Anarchy, there is an Evil Kenivil SS in the "Club House". At least it's the first time I saw it in there.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

in the new-ish TMNT cartoon (2012) you can see the turtles have a pinball machine in the background. its called Space-Heroes and i looks to me like a re-themed Evel Knievel.

Caught this last night:
A 2014 episode of Squidbillies on Adult swim titled "Taint Misbehaving" Dan Halen has a piled collection of "Post war Hitler memorabilia" that includes a Hitler themed pinball called "Flipper This Fuhrer". It's shown twice in the episode.

1 week later
#608 2 years ago

Not Real pins, but these were in the background from a season seven episode of American Dad:
American Dad.jpg

I'm trying to find a bigger picture, but the one on the left is called "Racing", and the one on the right is an "Eight is Enough" pin.

2 weeks later
#617 2 years ago

Just caught a 15 second promo for "The Simpsons" on KCOP 13 Los Angeles that features what appears to be a Future pinball rendition of the Data East Simpsons pinball machine.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from kvolak:

Okay this one is driving me nuts. It's some coin-op game in Friday the 13th Part II. Next to the Kiss pinball machine. Anybody?

It's a Williams "Topaz"Topaz (resized).jpg shuffle bowl game (1978)

2 weeks later
#620 2 years ago

I'm trying to get a still from a current AT&T commercial that has a quick shot of a Williams Skylab / Spacelab in it.

2 weeks later
#622 2 years ago

Okay, not really Movies, or T.V., or even a real pinball machine but saw this on twitter:

Zia Records (resized).jpg

1 month later
#671 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Watching a little $ale of the century today and an instant bargain came up for a Pennant Fever
Yours today for the low low price of $15

Now there's a game show I'd like to see make a comeback.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Does anyone recognize this game, as seen in the recent music video by Pierce The Veil of their new single, Floral Fading?

That same Galaxy has shown up in several shows (and pictures of it are thruout this topic).

Forceflow posted a picture of it in an episode of Agents of Sheild a while back (post #461) and Darkwizard posted a picture of it in an episode of Criminal Minds (post # 216).

#682 2 years ago

Not a real pin, but this from a 2011 episode of Robot Chicken:
Robot.jpg

... Unfortunatly, if you know what this character is you know what he's about to do ...

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/playlists/best-of-the-humping-robot/humping-pinball/

2 weeks later
#690 2 years ago

In Strange Invaders at a diner, a Pinball machine can be heard, and an old wood rail can be partially seen by a doorway for a couple of seconds. (couldn't identify it though).

2 weeks later
#698 2 years ago

From the season 12 episode of American Dad titled NSA (No Snooping Allowed):
Beat Time.jpg

An animated representation of this:
image-9.jpg

2 weeks later
#702 2 years ago

Someone just posted this picture from the Moonwalker Genesis / Mega Drive game on Twitter:

C9cI8xtXcAATNSZ.jpg

1 month later
#740 2 years ago
Quoted from mswhat:

This on an episode of CHiPs

Just looked at the picture again. isn't that Bryan Cranston?

#743 2 years ago

A current Adult Swim bumper about "Things you don't need" includes a "Family guy pinball machine".

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Midnight Madness. Name them.

Trident, Fireball, World Cup, Mata Hari SS, Eight ball, Dragon and Power Play

... oh, and a Dynamo Air Hockey and Atari 2 player Football.

3 weeks later
#757 2 years ago

In "The Enforcer" (1976) about 1:12:00 into the movie Harry Callahan is playing pool in a bar. In the background is a Big Indian and a second 1 player pin (unidentifiable because most of the back glass lights are out) in the background.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hot Shot GTB, although this site doesn't mention the Big Indian.
http://www.pingeek.com/film/film.htm

Right movie, right manufacturer but wrong pin. You can see the Big Indian backglass over Harry's back as he is leaning over the pool table. Other than being a four player pin it looks nothing like Hot Shot.
IMG_0808 (resized).JPG
I'll admit that it's possible it's not Big Indian, but not likely, but it definitely not Hot Shot:
Backglass (resized).jpg

The other pin is only a 1 player, so it also can't be a Hot Shot.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The one with the dark backglass looks like a Gottlieb Spin A Card.

That it does. Good eye!

image-4 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#780 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Psych S03E03 Shawn is playing Solar Ride.

Quoted from Colsond3:

That thing has some tall legs on it...or he is really short.

The pin is raised up so you can see it in the shot. if it were at the regular height you wouldn't be able to see him "playing" it in the scene.

#781 2 years ago

Caught this last night:
A 2014 episode of Squidbillies on Adult swim titled "Taint Misbehaving" Dan Halen has a piled collection of "Post war Hitler memorabilia" that includes a Hitler themed pinball called "Flipper This Fuhrer". It's shown twice in the episode.

... and I finally got a picture of it:Squidbillies Season 9 Episode 3 Taint Misbehavin Watch cartoons online, Watch anime online, English dub anime (resized).jpeg

Except I see the title is actually "Flippers von Fuhrer".

1 month later
#822 2 years ago

not actual games but from the most recent episode of Rick and Morty:
IMG_2474 (resized).JPGTwo different "Morty" pins.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Pocket Pool looks like a mid-70s Williams game ... that allows up to 5 players...?
Slugfest.

Looks more like early SS. It looks like it has 7 segment displays.
And did anyone notice that the one on the left looks like it has a bill validator?

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_jameson:

Don't know if this counts but I was watching Sanford & Son, Fred and Lamont go to a bar and Fred complains about the place not having a pinball machine and he walks out yelling at them to "get a pinball machine!"
Starts at about 13:00
» YouTube video

I'd say it counts.

1 month later
#877 1 year ago
Quoted from CNKay:

» YouTube video
At around 39min mark Dom DeLuise is playing?? Close encounters. He has 61000 you hear scoring sounds but I see no ball no flipper action he actually is just leaning on machine nowhere near flipper buttons.
If you never saw it Hot Stuff is worth a watch.
Love the music. Wonder why Burt wasn't in this one.

Yes! saw it on "Movies!", They show it every now and then.

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I don't think I have ever seen it on regular TV and rarely see it on movie sites. Seems to be a forgotten movie for sure.
I saw it in theater when it came out.
Smokey and the bandit days.

That's the sweet thing about Movies! They show lesser known films a lot of time, most in wide screen (if it's a wide film), many at 1 X 1.78 with few commercials. I'd never heard of Hot stuff until i caught it on Movies! one day. They're available in many markets over the air, and on may cable systems.
http://moviestvnetwork.com/wheretowatch/

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Buckaroo and Hurdy Gurdy in the diner scene of Superman 2.

Ist (resized).jpg

2nd (resized).jpg

#884 1 year ago

Been a while since I watched it, but I believe the guy gets thrown onto the Buckaroo. I'll have to go back later and check.

#887 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Man, the cabinet on that thing looks so nice. Given the year, it was probably NIB.

And it was a Columbia film (Gottlieb was owned by Columbia Pictures at the time).

4 weeks later
#914 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

saw pinball in s2e25 of Golden Girls (don't judge!)
Funfest and some Gottlieb game i am not familiar of. Looks like system 80, so no wonder its turned off =P.

The Gottlieb is a Roller Disco:

2005f4 (resized).jpg

#926 1 year ago

Caught this on Adult Swim the other night. Moral Orel Season 1 episode 9. Not a real pinball but:Supergod pinball1 (resized).jpegSupergod pinball1-2 (resized).jpeg

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Watching Kurt Russel in the remake of "The Thing" and there is a "Heat Wave" in their break room!

I know that one has been mentioned before, but I'm surprised nobody has linked it yet.

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The key is that it was put there on the set or CGI into a scene. It looks like a pinball machine and not an arcade Game. So, it counts.

It's a model. The figures are real, not CGI (although some CGI effects are used).

1 week later
#940 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

To quote a previous post.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, didn't notice it was posted before, thanks.

Yeah, that one was about 600 post back (and two years ago). My post was to someone that posted the same reference to TBBT that I had made two posts previously (with a picture).

#945 1 year ago

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but there is a current commercial for COSENTYX (an arthritis medication) withseveral pins can bee seen in a game room, but predominately a Pin*Bot played by a gentleman named Mike.
COSENTYX TV Commercial, 'Watch Me' - Bing video (resized).jpeg

Also on their website is a testimonial video for CONSENTX with Mike that has him playing a Bally Expressway and him talking about playing pinball.

(Link to website and video) https://www.cosentyx.com/psoriatic-arthritis/index.jsp?site=VH000009&utm_medium=display&dclid=CKXguM-mgdgCFcdpwQod39QLqA

1 week later
#948 1 year ago

Just saw a 1962 two player Midway Target Gallery pitch and bat "picked" on American Pickers tonight. Bought for $90, appraised at $700.

2 weeks later
#975 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, but I added the visual.

I added a link to the commercial AND to an additional video.

4 weeks later
#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

There is a black hole in the cafeteria of the elsinore brewery in strange brew

There's also a Superman right next to it (under something draped over it).

1 month later
#1038 1 year ago

Not the game itself, but in season 3 episode 5 of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Stranded in space) at the beginning of the episode, Joel is using Crow and servo for a shooting gallery. When Joel is explaing this to the T.V. audience, crow says (in a mock robotic voice) "Quit talking and start chalking" (happens at about a minute and thirty eight seconds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=5G0HcmRL1uM

And this weekend at WonderCon the Third episode of season two of Timeless was shown. The protagonists operations are now taking place in an old warehouse or factory. near the end of the episode they show a scene in what apparently is a lunchroom in the background I believe I saw a quick shot of an old pin in the background. I'll have to look for it again when the episode airs.

... and here it is:

Timeless (resized).JPG

Can anyone identify it?

1 week later
#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

In the background at Bob's Country Bunker in the Blues Brothers.

The one in the middle is a Bally Monte Carlo, and the one on the right is a Williams Blue Chip.
The one on the left? can't quite tell but it looks to be a Gottlieb single player E.M.

1 week later
#1049 1 year ago

This week's Young Sheldon had a woodrail game with a baseball theme in a comic store. Anyone recognize it?
Boxes piled on top of it, for shame!

1961 Williams Deluxe Batting Champ:
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?name=Deluxe+batting+champ&gtype=EM&mfgid=413&tm=baseball&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

4 weeks later
#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from IonRay:

There's a lot of fun things in that last shot, full size Robbie the robot, Taito Space Invaders, Robotron and of course that nice looking RFM.

Okay, I can't make out where there's a Taito space invaders in that picture, but in the lower right corner is a Williams Joust video game cocktail table.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from IonRay:

SI and Robotron are at the beginning of that shot.
Oh, and that is a Joust cocktail.. nice!

I also see a Star Trek Movie poster in the background of this picture. There appears to be lots of goodies in both of these pictures.

3 weeks later
#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I think the other one is a Classic Stern Flight 2000, with giant planet blocking out some of the BG artwork for copyright protection reasons.
Actually this new commercial is for Cherry Dr. Pepper (Diet and not) Cherry on!
Chariot, thus the tiny horse pulling a roman chariot.

Check this post:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

This showed up in The Mentalist (season 7, episode 11):

The machine was actually in the scene for several minutes.

... was this the same Flight 2K?

1 week later
#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from chippe01:

Jack Bot in Everybody Loves Raymond, complete with chimes.

... and it's even set on Free Play! There's a route operator that aint going to be in business long.

#1131 1 year ago

There was a Bally Monte Carlo in Silver spoons:
seriessilver-spoons (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

I saw this too but can’t figure out what it is. Anyone?[quoted image]

Stern Electronics Galaxy.

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

EIGHT BALL DELUXE in the 1984 german movie "Dieter Hallervorden und die Rache der Enterbten"
and
NIP-IT in the 1983 german movie "Dieter Hallervorden der Doppelgänger"
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bally Nip it:

nip it.jpg
2 weeks later
#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Revenge From Mars in the final scene of "Ready Player One". Also visible are the videogames Robotron:2084, Space Invaders, and a rare and cool Joust cocktail.
[quoted image]

Those have been mentioned before. And that's not just a Space Invaders, it's an original Taito Space invaders.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from chippe01:

3 pins and multiple arcades in another MadTV sketch. Pinbot is one, but can’t make out the other 2.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That black video game cabinet with the red stripes is a Game Plan (GPi) Megatack. Not a very common game. And it was engineered by Centuri.

2 weeks later
#1207 1 year ago

French Alain Delon -movie 'LE SAMOURAI' from 1967
with Bally Capersville.
The machine on the left is most likely a Williams Eager Beaver (Lowcharger-cabinet with old-style Flipper-Buttons and no artwork beneath Buttons and Siderail)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any Idea what the Gottlieb in the foreground is?

1 week later
#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Don't think this one has been mentioned yet. In the TV show Northern Exposure there is a pinball and baseball video game in the town bar, The Brick.

Quoted from Pecos:

The pin is a 1968 Williams hayburners II.

... and the video game is a 1977 Midway Tornado Baseball:

Midway Tornado Baseball (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

A bunch from The Deuce. There are others like a Target Pool, but I couldn't get good screen shots.

Quoted from Pecos:

That’s either a 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes or Granada in the background of pics two and four.

And a Bally Circus in picture #3

#1247 1 year ago

Caught this in the opening of "Auction Kings"
Auction Kings.jpg

1 week later
#1250 12 months ago

Caught this in the opening of "Auction Kings"
[quoted image]

... I don't think so:
Auction Kings.jpg

Boomerang (resized).jpg
(from IPDB)

#1253 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks more like Bonanza to me. But the image is reversed.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=345

Yeah, I noticed the reversal of the picture, but I defiantly looks more like a Gottlieb than a Bally pin.

1 week later
#1265 11 months ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

HBO's The Deuce has a few, I don't know their names.

They've been covered:
Granada / Spanish Eyes
Target Pool
Bally Circus

#1277 11 months ago
Quoted from Vader77:

American Horror Story, can't make out what they are, hope to get a closer look in the future...
Also, Bob's Burgers had an episode recently centered around an arcade and had a couple of made up pins as well as a lot of funny, made up arcade games as well. Unfortunately, the wife deleted it before I could snap a pic. She hates me
[quoted image]

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm guessing Space Shuttle, Congo, then Rescue 911, but it is tough to tell for sure

Left one, defiantly Space Shuttle, right one does look to be Rescue 911, but the one in the middle isn't Congo.

And if you look closely, there is a fourth pin partially visible to the left of Space Shuttle:
4th pin (resized).jpg

#1281 11 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The middle one could be a Jackbot?

I believe you may be right.

2 weeks later
#1303 10 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Did anyone catch the episode of Vintage Tech Hunters (I think that’s what it’s called) where they bring a Gorgar they bought from a bowling in for a shop job? I think they claimed they could flip it for $3500 (seemed a bit steep to me).

Someone want to tell them it's a $900 game?

4 weeks later
#1324 9 months ago
Quoted from CodHollandaise:

Anyone know these two from Once Upon a Time in America?

The one on the left is a SegaSA Astro-Flight.

#1329 9 months ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The other one looks like a Flying Carpet.

Quoted from DropTarget:

Definitely not a Flying Carpet, but I can't tell what it is.

Gottlieb Tiger
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2560&picno=4959Tiger (resized).jpg

#1332 9 months ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but season 2 episode 7 of "Factory Made" shows how a pinball machine is made (Stern NBA). Just saw it on Quest.

#1334 9 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

'A nite at the Roxbury'
The dad interrupts the Butabi brothers waxing their backs and reveals a pinball in their room. Not sure what pin it is though.
[quoted image]

Disco Fever by Williams::
Disco Fever (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1349 8 months ago

There was a Gottlieb wedge head in tonight season premier of American Pickers that was in a Hair Stylist store. Could not make out the back glass though because the shots of it were to short, but defiantly a Gottlieb. Got a good look at the coin door. It was an early '70s style.

#1352 8 months ago
Quoted from Msch:

What is this from?

#1354 8 months ago

The 1960 Ernie Kovacs / Dick Shawn movie "Wake Me when it's Over", early in the movie when Dick Shawns Character arrives on the island Shima, when he gets to the radar station, there are three wood rails in front of one of the Kwanzaa huts.

1 week later
#1371 8 months ago

So just after the half time show during Super Bowl LIII is a commercial from Toyota for the new Supra, and it's a guy driving the car on a giant pinball playfield while "Pinball wizard" is playing in the background!

I'll try to get some screen caps later.

#1372 8 months ago

So just after the half time show during Super Bowl LIII is a commercial from Toyota for the new Supra, and it's a guy driving the car on a giant pinball playfield while "Pinball wizard" is playing in the background!
I'll try to get some screen caps later.

Supra 1 (resized).jpeg
Supra 2 (resized).jpeg
Supra 3 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1382 7 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure if this has been shared, but Opening credits from Naked Gun 33-1/3 at the 5:00 Mark
has a playfield ball view of Roadshow!

Uh, that's High Speed there.

#1384 7 months ago

Not sure what game it is, But I spotted this wood rail in the background of "Lili" (1953) at 47 minutes:
Lili (resized).jpg

#1386 7 months ago
Quoted from s1500:

Was watching Puberty Blues, an Aussie flick. Recognized 3 out of the 4 machines there. Is the second one from the left a Hankin machine?
[quoted image]

Yes. It's a Hankin "Orbit 1"
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3287

1 week later
#1399 7 months ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Well this one couldn't get much more in the foreground.
Some baseball themed pin from the 1971 Aussie movie Walkabout.[quoted image]

1955 Gottlieb Sluggin' Champ
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2213&picno=33812

#1407 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wild Things during the credits, someone will have to ID for me.
[quoted image]

Chicago Coin "Olympics" (1975)
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1711&picno=35289

#1414 7 months ago
Quoted from algrande:

The Guest House
[quoted image]

Going out on a limb, but I'm going to say that was a Chicago Coin / Stern "Stampede"
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5232&picno=25130

#1437 7 months ago
Quoted from Link_Standard:

Woh woh, well here's an obscure one(more like super obscure)that I noticed about three or four years ago. In what is probably the only time anime is ever going to be mentioned in this thread(I can think of maybe one other instance, but it's more of a reference to the directors other work and the machine's not even real). And what is also probably the only time on the internet this has ever even been pointed out about this particular show before. I give you an anime from the mid to late 80s that features a scene in an arcade with no less then four references to real pinball machines in the background. I'll let you guys figure them out yourself. The one on the left is obviously the easiest. With the one on the right taking me a good half an hour to figure and then feeling stupid when I finally did get it. Bonus points if you can name the show(f-ing impossible).
The guy who drew this background was probably having a good time (or more likely just working off a reference photo). Lawyers probably would have had something funny to say about this too if it was pointed out to them back then.
[quoted image]

Paragon
Mars God of War
Flash Gordon
Firepower

The show? I think the subtitles says it all. But it looks vaguely familiar.

1 month later
#1461 5 months ago

Not a real pinball, but caught this in a recent episode of Big City Greens:
Cricket (resized).jpeg

#1470 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Tonight’s episode of Outdoor Man. I’m guessing the graphics are fake, but can anyone tell if the play field is real?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Easy. Stellar Wars:
image-1 (resized).jpg

#1472 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Easy for someone who loves waffles, maybe.

Easy for someone who has worked on and played one. i didn't even need the overhead shot to recognize it.

1 month later
#1487 4 months ago

Found a couple in an old Law and Order SVU rerun from 2005 ("Identity"). Two rethemed pins, "Muerte y Destrución" which means "death and destruction" (but ought to have two c's) and another we don't get to see except for a dinosaur on the side. Sorry, my Tivo buffer ran out before I got a shot of the second.[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like a re-themed SEGA X-Files.

2 weeks later
#1502 3 months ago
Quoted from CaptK:

Strange Invaders (movie from 1983) showed a glimpse of a pin in the background at one point. Any idea what this oldie is?[quoted image]

I posted about that in a post two years ago and didn't get any replies on what it might be. I couldn't find a decent picture of the scene, but yours shows pretty much all you can see of it in the movie. I guess not enough of it can be seen to be determined. If I recall, earlier in the scene you can hear the sounds of a pinball machine being played in the background.

#1504 3 months ago

Doesn't look like any real pinball machine. Just bits that resemble 70s Bally, Williams and D. Gottlieb pins.
Still counts though.

#1516 3 months ago
Quoted from IonRay:

You can make out Creature From the Black Lagoon in episode 12.
Looks like a 4th pin on the end that seems nearly impossible to identify.[quoted image]

Quoted from DDandB-KID:

Not sure on one to left of CFBL. But right side is[quoted image]

The one on the left defiantly looks like CFBL. You can see the Green arm and purple tear marks above it on the back box.

#1522 3 months ago

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the 1973 Ralph Bakshi movie "Heavy Traffic" has a lot of shots and references to pinball machines. And I just found out that Shout! Factory has it on Blu Ray:

heavytraffic (resized).jpg

#1529 3 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Big Little Lies had a Getaway and this game. Cant figure out what it is. Not US made?[quoted image]

Post 1523 - A Stern GALAXY with some kinda customized Backglass. Cabinet-Artwork seems to be the same but with different colours.

Good catch. If you go back a ways, you'll find some posts in this topic of that very same Galaxy in some other T.V. Shows:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/5#post-2164758
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/10#post-3131197
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/24#post-4538068
And I think there were a couple of more posts about this machine.

#1532 3 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Now that's wild!

You could almost start a topic on "Where have you seen this moded Galaxy?"

1 week later
#1547 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Last pic looks to be a 1948 Gottlieb Buccaneer.

Looking at pictures on IPDB, it defiantly is. But I can't identify the other pin.

#1549 3 months ago

Here are some more shots from the french movie "SOIS BELLE ET TAIS-TOI" from early 1958 - see post #847
This was the 2nd movie starring Jean-Paul Belmondo and Alain Delon too.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, so the other pin is a 1947 Keeny "Cover Girl".
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?name=cover+girl&bool=or&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced#579
image-13 (resized).jpg
image-10 (resized).jpg

#1554 3 months ago

Blurred as it is, I only need to look at the (Blurred) cabinet art to tell it's that same touched up Galaxy that people keep seeing on a lot of T.V. Shows lately!
Altered Galaxy (resized).png (picture courtesy of DarkWizard, post 216 in this topic).

1 week later
#1567 3 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:Travel Time or Summer Time.

You are correct. It's the same pin Kelso tries to make money off of the next season. Just went back to my previous post to see its the same.

That 70s Show
Season 3 episode 17 - "Kitty's birthday"
Can't tell what it is. Anybody know?

Summer time.jpg
1 week later
#1582 78 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Alrighty, yet another tough one from X-Files, this one in Season 1, Episode 11, "Eve". Late in the episode they stop at a diner which has a handful of video games and two pinball machines. They're visible three separate times, but are tough to make out, especially the one on the right. The major clue for the one on the right is it has some sort of low white or yellow light bar flashing atop the backbox. What are these?
(That's three episodes of X-Files so far with pinballs in them -- S1 E7, 8, & 11)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Pin on the left is a Bally AtlantisAtlantis IPDB (resized).jpg

#1585 78 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:Truck stop?[quoted image]

I had to really look over the pictures, but yes, it is.

#1594 73 days ago

From Episode 2 of Infinity train:
IMG_1647 (resized).jpgIMG_1650 (resized).jpgIMG_1649 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1612 59 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Movie is comedy called Club Paradise from 1986 with Robin Williams. He has Flash Gordon in his office powered down and another one in the bar area powered on not sure.[quoted image][quoted image]

The other one is a Bally Six Million Dollar Man.

2 weeks later
#1630 45 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

Funhouse on Murder She Wrote[quoted image]

Also a Mike Munves love tester in that picture.
Not sure what brand scale that is though.

#1635 43 days ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

The third episode of the Swamp Thing has a pin which I can't immediately identify as well as the '54 United Mfg. Carnival Gun.
A little later, you see an Area 51/Maximum Force marquee on a Area 51: Site 4 arcade cab.

The pin is a 1971 Bally Firecracker, but it looks as if the artwork has been modified on the back glass.

Firecracker BG.jpg
#1639 42 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Alright then who can name that neon sign ?

I'd like to name it Reginald.

1 week later
#1643 31 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Married with Children episode 924 called Shoeless Al. Al in the bowling alley end of show not sure of pin in back with bowling pins on it.[quoted image]

Williams Triple Strike

3 weeks later
#1663 8 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow. I’m not that familiar with high speed - what gave it away? The spinner?

That and the set of targets that are Green, Yellow and Red.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vancouver, BC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 109.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
3,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Rutledge, PA
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.