(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,759 posts
  • 723 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by pinball2020
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballintvmovies (resized).jpg
dcwtf.gif
7A95FA98-2C35-495C-A493-87B1DE0036A1 (resized).jpeg
image-6 (resized).jpg
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 1 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 2 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 3 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 4 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) (resized).JPG
unnamed (6) (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-2 (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-3 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1256 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9 Van Wilder (2002) Posted by dmacy (11 years ago)

Post #22 What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993) Posted by kwiKimart (11 years ago)

Post #34 ABCNews Damon Lindelof Interview Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #38 Bad Santa (2003) Posted by davewtf (11 years ago)

Post #40 Eastbound and Down S?? E?? Posted by pzy (11 years ago)

Post #52 Big Daddy (1999) Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #58 Goodfellas (1990) Posted by Wise_Guy (11 years ago)

Post #60 Wire, The S01 E?? Posted by jahbarron (11 years ago)

Post #65 Miami Vice, S01 E04 Posted by vulture (11 years ago)

Post #70 Crow, The (1994) Posted by poopdotcom (11 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#519 7 years ago

Toy Story...too funny. Kid in the arcade says "Mom...can I play Black Hole please?" Tried to upload the vid segment, but couldn't get it in here for some reason.

9 months later
#748 6 years ago

I had a Trident before....actually liked it. A cool flowing game with a good layout. Some people don't like no outlane on the left just a return lane, but I think that added a lot to gameplay. For an old Stern, the game played fast as hell. My buddy has it now.

1 week later
#752 6 years ago

Damn...that's a nice friggin playfield. Thing looks cherry.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

salems lot was filmed in 1979 so it was likely close to brand new. I watched it last night for the first time since it came out. it was pretty 1979-ey but still had some good creepiness in it. as usual not as good as the book but not bad at all.

Yeah, Salem's is a creepy movie. And I agree 100%...definitely not as good as the book. Most adaptations never are. The Shining was a kick ass movie and one of Jack's best...but the book was still even better. More morbid.

And I would kill to come across a NIB wedgehead these days. That would be stellar... (minus the mechanical issues of sitting for 30+ years). Even the backbox on that Jacks Open looks so damn nice...

1 week later
#758 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

In "The Enforcer" (1976) about 1:12:00 into the movie Harry Callahan is playing pool in a bar. In the background is a Big Indian and a second 1 player pin (unidentifiable because most of the back glass lights are out) in the background.

Hot Shot GTB, although this site doesn't mention the Big Indian.

http://www.pingeek.com/film/film.htm

#761 6 years ago

Right movie, right manufacturer but wrong pin. You can see the Big Indian backglass over Harry's back as he is leaning over the pool table. Other than being a four player pin it looks nothing like Hot Shot.

I'll admit that it's possible it's not Big Indian, but not likely, but it definitely not Hot Shot:

The other pin is only a 1 player, so it also can't be a Hot Shot.

Hmmm...so the pingeek list is wrong. Good to know.

2 weeks later
#774 6 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Psych S03E03 Shawn is playing Solar Ride.

That thing has some tall legs on it...or he is really short.

#775 6 years ago

Double post. Damn web.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Not sure if this has been posted or not. I was looking up some stuff about American Graffiti and came across this pic.

Damn it!!! There's the Bally Vampire somebody mentioned earlier in the thread. Don't think any pic was posted.

1 week later
#787 6 years ago
Quoted from PinHead2112:

The Trailer for Season 2 of 'Stranger Things' has an arcade scene with a Bally Twin Win and a Williams X's and O's in the background.

Saw this at Pintastic.
IMG_1147 (resized).JPGIMG_1147 (resized).JPG

#791 6 years ago

Not sure if this was thrown out there before...end of Goodfellas when Deniro is going to have Karen whacked (Liotta's wife), but she senses it and gets the hell outta dodge. Nitro Ground Shaker and...can't remember the other and the name is sprayed over. And is that a NIB in the crate? LOL

IMG_1459 (resized).JPGIMG_1459 (resized).JPG

IMG_1461 (resized).JPGIMG_1461 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#798 6 years ago

I had a Triple Strike before...cool game. Watching that cart carrying it smash on the curb did make me cringe...

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Bad News Bears

This girl knows her pins and the best chimes...went right to the GTB wedgehead.

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Flip-a-Card/Card Trix?

Definitely a Flip-A-Card...well, I think so.

#806 6 years ago

Actually looks solid. Cool that someone is using pinball in advertising.

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe this is in this thread already, but Paulie destroys a Rocky pinball machine in one of the early scenes. I remember reading somewhere it was another machine with a "rocky" backglass added, and the actual Rocky machine was made later.
...oh, and Final Countdown is in neither movie.. lol

It's not a different game, the BG in the movie is just different than the BG that Gottlieb put out with the actual game. I think the display windows were missing or something was different on the movie pin BG.

And I didn't think the Final Countdown (song from Europe?) was in any of the Rocky movies.

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As a reminder there is a thread search tool in every thread

You bastard!!! But you are right. Thanks for not including me in your post.

1 month later
#832 6 years ago

The Flash...Season 4, Episode 1. Looks like they are all rethemes. But I was able to barely catch the side of a RBION on a later frame from a different angle.

IMG_2666 (resized).JPGIMG_2666 (resized).JPG

IMG_2668 (resized).JPGIMG_2668 (resized).JPG

IMG_2667 (resized).JPGIMG_2667 (resized).JPG

IMG_2670 (resized).JPGIMG_2670 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#885 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

At around 39min mark Dom DeLuise is playing?? Close encounters. He has 61000 you hear scoring sounds but I see no ball no flipper action he actually is just leaning on machine nowhere near flipper buttons.

Man, the cabinet on that thing looks so nice. Given the year, it was probably NIB.

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which one gets smashed when he throws the bully guy around?

Been a while since I watched it, but I believe the guy gets thrown onto the Buckaroo. I'll have to go back later and check.

Buckaroo. These old Sup movies are friggin great...well, other than Superman IV.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Stranger Things S2 E1
Twin Win
OXO

IMG_2846 (resized).JPGIMG_2846 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#899 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

Here's an interesting music-clip from Austria, many well-known austrian Pinheads can be seen with a lot of Machines of course.
Watch it in youtube - ROBB GOLDMIND

A lot of good machines at that...who doesn't want a row with Gorgar, Xenon and BH in there? Awesome.

1 week later
#909 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Just a little aside here: it always bugs me that, no matter what era of pin is shown in a movie or tv show, even if it's an SS, AN, or DMD, if it's being played the sounds you'll hear are an EM's ding-ding-ding. I understand why, with speech and callouts and such, the moviemakers don't want to interrupt the actors' dialogue with "Lionman!" or "Oooh, bitchin!" or whatever in the background. But still.....very anachronistic.

You had me at anachronistic.

Couldn't agree more. That does get mildly irritating....I always wonder if it makes non-pinball people think chimes are the only sounds that a game makes.

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Uhm, you watch Golden Girls?

Does anybody else make NVRAM? Just kidding...hahaha

1 month later
#956 6 years ago

Beyond - Season 2. SS, FG and Taxi.

IMG_4286 (resized).JPGIMG_4286 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#963 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

There is a pinball machine in one of the new Progressive Insurance commercials. There one where the man cave is slowly turning white. The machine is shown for a fraction of a second and then it turns white. What is the game?

Black Knight 2000...but the backglass is changed. Somebody posted about it earlier in the thread. That game has been used in a few things.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, but I added the visual.

Mike feels much cooler now.

3 weeks later
#990 6 years ago

On Drunk History, they went through the prohibition of pinball and the destruction of games in New York City, and how Roger Sharpe went in front of City Council in 1976 and saved pinball. The reenactment and how they did it was hilarious.

IMG_4892 (resized).JPGIMG_4892 (resized).JPG

IMG_4891 (resized).JPGIMG_4891 (resized).JPG

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

The Wraith - a Gottlieb Royal Guard gets destroyed
» YouTube video

Holy nostalgia...I thought that movie was great back in the day.

1 week later
#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Latest episode of Flash...Gamatron, Meteor and Flight 2000

Just watched it and totally missed that. Maybe I should just start binge watching Golden Girls.

#1027 6 years ago

Just started watching Daredevil on Netflix. Mustang in the 2nd episode, in the bowling alley where the guy's head got smashed.

IMG_5163 (resized).JPGIMG_5163 (resized).JPG

IMG_5166 (resized).JPGIMG_5166 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1089 5 years ago

Season 5, Episode 12 of Bar Rescue. LW3, and looks like there was one behind it but couldn’t make it out.

D3FF3C2E-DCB7-43BF-93AF-BE4D777BDFF0 (resized).jpegD3FF3C2E-DCB7-43BF-93AF-BE4D777BDFF0 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

The Incredible Shrinking Woman" today, and Suzanne Ciani did the music.

When Lily Tomlin fell down the drain in the kitchen, did you hear “Try a tube shot.”

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

So have we identified specific pinball machines with the title covered up that keeps showing up in several movies & TV shows? I'm assuming it's just the same machine from one prop company(Flight 2000) and some fantasy one.

Yup, several times earlier in this thread, unless you know of another one. Stern Galaxy and a BK2K. The Galaxy looks like it’s been used quite a bit.

07B000EB-16E2-4A62-A729-C68B61FDB846 (resized).jpeg07B000EB-16E2-4A62-A729-C68B61FDB846 (resized).jpeg90395DFC-A381-4E50-BE85-139F9B6595C4 (resized).jpeg90395DFC-A381-4E50-BE85-139F9B6595C4 (resized).jpegBF5FDCA8-A956-4A9C-8410-9BB8FFF9F0A2 (resized).jpegBF5FDCA8-A956-4A9C-8410-9BB8FFF9F0A2 (resized).jpegF80BEBF5-A204-48F0-841D-660600282A2F (resized).jpegF80BEBF5-A204-48F0-841D-660600282A2F (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Tanked guys ended up smashing the backglass at the shop

What did they do? Find a repro?

1 week later
#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

While watching Spongebob with the kiddo this morning, Nickoledeon hit a trifecta of THREE pinball references over four straight commercials.
#1 - An ad for Goldfish Pinball Blast on https://www.goldfishfun.com/
#2 - Then there was some ad for a head-to-head pinball toy called Hydro Strike - amazon.com link »
#3 - The new Rise of TMNT show had one of the turtles as a ball bouncing off a bunch of columns and EM chimes were playing.

I saw #2 and #3 as well while watching with my kid. Spongebob drives me nuts though...no idea why kids like that show. It’s funny once in a while, but usually just makes me cringe. And she watches it NON-STOP.

In advertising and in general on TV, pinball / references are definitely popping up more often.

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Disco Fever and Space Invaders tucked in the back of a bar in the Styx video "Too Much Time on My Hands".
[quoted image]

Man, other than pinball...the 80's was a rough decade to grow up in. Is that a 4th girl in the pic?

And came across this. Sadly, the phenomenal, long-running fantastical Glee found it worthwhile to retheme and repaint some old Gottlieb EM's....and the playfields look fake. Hope they didn't destroy salvageable or playable games for that damn show.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 259.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
3,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gettysburg, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 13.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.