(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,832 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by look_busy
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG
Mannix S07E05-2 (resized).JPG
Mannix S07E05 (resized).JPG
vlcsnap-2024-04-09-10h37m00s387 (resized).png
Allied Leisure Crack shot from episode (resized).JPG
Allied Leisure Crack Shot (1972) (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 2.12.58?PM (resized).png
Screenshot (1) (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

1271 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9 Van Wilder (2002) Posted by dmacy (11 years ago)

Post #22 What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993) Posted by kwiKimart (11 years ago)

Post #34 ABCNews Damon Lindelof Interview Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #38 Bad Santa (2003) Posted by davewtf (11 years ago)

Post #40 Eastbound and Down S?? E?? Posted by pzy (11 years ago)

Post #52 Big Daddy (1999) Posted by gweempose (11 years ago)

Post #58 Goodfellas (1990) Posted by Wise_Guy (11 years ago)

Post #60 Wire, The S01 E?? Posted by jahbarron (11 years ago)

Post #65 Miami Vice, S01 E04 Posted by vulture (11 years ago)

Post #70 Crow, The (1994) Posted by poopdotcom (11 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Watching Carnival of Souls(1962), the Rifftrax version, noticed this in the background. It shows up halfway to the end of movie. This is the only picture I could find. In the colorized version I watched it was mostly green. You only see this end of the machine. Trippy flick.
[quoted image]

That is a great film. Only seen it once or twice. But, its worth the watch. I just want to rewatch the classics with a girlfriend... Sadly the last few I had hated horror movies. That's almost as big of a no no for me as if they hated pinball.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

I'm no fan of gore filled horror (unless it's over the top and so bad/it's funny type). I really appreciate the atmospheric suspense type movies, which this definitely is. I love Hitchcock's work and you can certainly see this movie's influence on other films like Suspiria. I go out of my way around Halloween time to find movies like this. They certainly stick with you. In this case, I've been binge watching MST & Rifftrax and it came on.

I hate goreno. I hate it. Its morally reprehensible. And a good horror movie at its core is still a morality tale. Friday the 13th, Halloween. Can make the case that they're showing what teen sex and drug use does. Gets ya killed by a maniac with a huge knife... Also the Freddy movies are a bit old testament sins of the father. I'm just lightly touching on the subject here... But, there is more to it.
But, I find films like saw and hostel to lack morals and suspense. And just exist to shock. I love gore. Big fan of Tom Savini. In my youth I wanted to be a horror fx artist... But, the medium is dying and basically dead. So I love monster and horror effects and to a certain extent GORE! But, it has to have its context. And just butchery for the sake of it. No thank you.

If you like those films great. More power to you. You can watch them all you want. I will not.
I love the classic Hammer films as peter cushing and mr Lee(a man who loved heavy metal btw) are two of my favorite actors of all time. I own most of their work. And all of Hammer's classics. I'm excited that Quartermass and the Pit is coming to bluray. Can't wait. As I only got a bad bootleg dvd of it.

Might want to check out Horror Hotel if you never saw it. Just great atmosphere in that film. But, truth be told one of my all time favorite horror movies with horror in the title is Horror Express. Film is a gonzo horror film that feels like a hammer film on steroids. Just a great film.

3 months later
#1518 4 years ago

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in the video game Days Gone, there is a pinball machine that you can find in a few of the houses. You can't do anything to it, and its not based on a real machine. You can't even break it, its an indestructible element. Man, I would totally buy a pinball machine that is impossible to break or damage... Anyway I just thought it was cool to see a pinball machine in the game, nice touch.

1 week later
#1535 4 years ago

I love cheesy action movies. Seen almost all the good ones, and most of the bad. Big fan of Roddy Piper and his movies(he's done more than just They Live... Not much more, but more). At the beggining of his Jungleground movie in a pizza shot there is a Road Show. Also another scene at a conveince store they have an NBA Jam and Darkstalkers.
Just a shame that it use to be you'd always find a pin and/or arcade game at restaurants, bars, laundry mats, hotels... And now nothing.... Well, mostly nothing.

1 week later
#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

They Live is one of the greatest movies ever made, and hardly anyone even knows what it is.

I love They Live and I love John Carpenter movies. When I lived in LA I was fortunate enough to attend a Big Trouble In Little China screening where he attended. That's another one of my favorite movies ever. Top 10 for me.
But, what is great about They Live is that it proves that you can be a low budget b action movie and still have a plot and story just as deep as any movie.
Nice fun and a bit cheeky message about capitalism.
And also one of the all time great movie lines.
The one about bubblegum and kicking butt...
Alost as good as Blade's MotherF---- ice skating uphill.

7 months later
#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Here’s one. It’s set in the 1980’s as it’s about the Green River Killer but I couldn’t help noticing that there is a 2003 Roller Coaster Tycoon in the background. Attention to detail people [quoted image]

They probably just think... Hey its a pinball it must be OLD!

Sad thing though even if they knew nothing about pinball. Roller Coaster Tycoon was a popular video game and had tv commercials. So to me its a double fail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.