(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,840 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.50.10?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.49.28?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.47.42?PM (resized).png
439348452_865288872293409_193572636319697598_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png
Whos that knocking at my door (resized).JPG
Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1274 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 97.
#4601 79 days ago

Seen alot more but for now these

Natural Born Killers "Whirlwind"
Last Man Standing "Star Battle Fight" ??
Ad Astra "Attack From Mars"
Happy Days "Nip-IT" Also in the videoclip from Weezer - Buddy Holly

20230412_081956 (resized).jpg20230412_081956 (resized).jpghappy179 (resized).jpghappy179 (resized).jpgnatural born killers5 (resized).jpgnatural born killers5 (resized).jpg
#4602 79 days ago

@Donysius, Perhaps you can look at the post below and see if that helps. Then take a look at the image I included as well. Everything you posted we have it listed in our key posts. Key posts are on the top of the page. Just open it up all the way and do a Ctrl and F to search for the titles you are trying to post. If they are there already, you don't have to repost.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Enjoyed this one when it was posted over a year ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/51#post-6016714
Not to be a horse's rear, but I encourage everyone to please utilize both the search function and the key post function to verify you are posting a new find and not something that has already been presented. The one exception I make is if the original post does not contain photos and you are able to add them.
Keypost link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background?kp=1&kp_sort=keypost_summary#index
[quoted image][quoted image]

posted image (resized).JPGposted image (resized).JPG

#4603 79 days ago

LOL... Already?

Yeah pinbal2020, I think you should post a reminder about duplicates every month. It does occur often and your efforts are much appreciated.

#4604 78 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

this neck is going in 3 different directions[quoted image]

I think I found out why the people on that back glass have such long necks:Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 6.37.48 PM copy (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-02-05 at 6.37.48 PM copy (resized).png

#4605 78 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

@Donysius, Perhaps you can look at the post below and see if that helps. Then take a look at the image I included as well. Everything you posted we have it listed in our key posts. Key posts are on the top of the page. Just open it up all the way and do a Ctrl and F to search for the titles you are trying to post. If they are there already, you don't have to repost.

[quoted image]

I'm sorry, won't happen again...
Weird thing was that I only saw first page before posting, no other pages. Same with that Index, didn't show before posting.
After posting my message I could see all 93 pages and the topic index...

#4606 78 days ago

Season 6 of Justified—FT in the Pizza Portal. Also a couple of old home-edition pins (like Star Explorer) in five bar back offices.

#4607 78 days ago

LOL. Give it a few seconds and refresh in case there are problems with Internet connections. Don't worry about it. It's only pinball.

Quoted from Donysius:

I'm sorry, won't happen again...
Weird thing was that I only saw first page before posting, no other pages. Same with that Index, didn't show before posting.
After posting my message I could see all 93 pages and the topic index...

#4608 78 days ago

pinlawyer Please read the post four posts above yours. Already posted in our key posts.

Quoted from pinlawyer:

Season 6 of Justified—FT in the Pizza Portal. Also a couple of old home-edition pins (like Star Explorer) in five bar back offices.

Justified S06 (resized).JPGJustified S06 (resized).JPG
#4609 78 days ago

Okay, this is to the point that I’m wondering if posters are doing this on purpose.

#4610 78 days ago

Palm Beach machine in "Stillwater" movie w/ Matt Damon.

20230720_215138 (resized).jpg20230720_215138 (resized).jpg
#4611 76 days ago

Finished off my All in the Family run a while back. The various pins at Kelsey's have been gone over many times. Decided to continue on with Archie Bunker's Place next. The pinball doesn't rotate out anymore - at least not through the first 2.5 seasons or so. Same Gottlieb Neptune/Hit the Deck that made an appearance towards the end of All in the Family.

But S03E14 - "Reggie 3, Archie 0" has something a bit different.

The Reggie in question is Reggie Jackson. One of Archie's employees hit Reggie's Rolls Royce with Archie's truck. Typical chaos ensues as Reggie tries to collect the (gasp) $3k in damages from the uninsured Archie.

One scene opens in Reggie's penthouse where he's playing a Chicago Coin "Big League" pitch and bat with his lawyer.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2864&picno=48418

reggie (resized).jpgreggie (resized).jpg

Reggie of course hits a home run, and despite being from 1975, the game makes some Atari 2600-esque electronic cheering sounds.

edit - huh. Actually reading the IPDB listing, it IS a solid state machine. The audio was absolutely added in though.

#4612 76 days ago

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives S18 E11 "Tennessee Holiday Traditions"

Mexico pin
Some other quick glimpses in the segment but this was the best snapshot.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

OK no picture but I can tell you where and thought it odd that they had a pinball there.
Diners Drive-Ins and Dives (Triple D)
Season 18 Titled: Tennessee Traditions
The place was the third one I think and had a Mexico pin.

Diners Drive Ins and Dives S18E11 Mexico pin (resized).JPGDiners Drive Ins and Dives S18E11 Mexico pin (resized).JPG
#4613 76 days ago

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives S21 E10 "All Baltimore All the Time"

Doctor Who

Quoted from emerald_erik:

My fave, Dr. Who on another fave, Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

OK saw this on TV but was to fast for me to make out the pin. It was again on Diners Drive=Ins and Dives. A little bit of a puzzle to solve if you can. Details below.
Season 21 ep. 10
All Baltimore All the Time
Clementine

Dr Who (resized).JPGDr Who (resized).JPG

#4614 76 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives S21 E10 "All Baltimore All the Time"
Dr. Who

[quoted image]

Doctor Who.

You can see most of the Dalek topper on the back box.

#4615 75 days ago

T.J. Hooker S2E11 "The Connection" 1982

Went by real fast. I'll let you guys figure it out.

Solved- Williams Phoenix

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 10.39.01?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-09 at 10.39.01?AM (resized).png

#4616 75 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

T.J. Hooker S2E11 "The Connection" 1982
Went by real fast. I'll let you guys figure it out.
[quoted image]

Williams Phoenix.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4617 75 days ago

Thanks! I knew I recognized it, but it went by so fast as I was working in the garage and the online stream I took that screenshot from was kinda blurry.

Does this video game look familiar as well?

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 11.15.37?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-09 at 11.15.37?AM (resized).png
#4618 75 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I knew I recognized it, but it went by so fast as I was working in the garage and the online stream I took that screenshot from was kinda blurry.
Does this video game look familiar as well?[quoted image]

Wow, I've only seen one of those. Very early SNK game licensed by Rock-ola in 1981. The music in the game has similarities to Vanguard, an some early digitized speech.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4619 75 days ago

I figured it might be rare. You need to watch a little more T.J. Hooker then. lol. MeTV+ is my daily routine now out in the garage. Got The Mod Squad on now.

#4620 75 days ago

A 4 Belles in movie "Dark Blue" w/ Kurt Russell.

20230710_144354 (resized).jpg20230710_144354 (resized).jpg
#4621 74 days ago

Richard Dreyfuss and his cronies steal a Willams Arrow Head.

pinballspotting - duddy kravitz 12 (resized).pngpinballspotting - duddy kravitz 12 (resized).png

#4622 74 days ago

o-din What movie was this? If it was American Graffiti we got that one already .

Quoted from o-din:

Richard Dreyfuss and his cronies steal a Willams Arrow Head.
[quoted image]

#4623 74 days ago

No. it wasn't that movie. Perhaps Jaws? Or even Stakeout?

But if you've got pay per view, I also saw one in the Humphrey Bogart movie Black Legion. Perhaps you can help me out with that title.

#4624 74 days ago

Oh okay - the one above with Dreyfuss is Duddy Kravitz. Added to keypost.

Quoted from o-din:

But if you've got pay per view, I also saw one in the Humphrey Bogart movie Black Legion. Perhaps you can help me out with that title.

#4625 74 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Oh okay - the one above with Dreyfuss is Duddy Kravitz. Added to keypost.

Dang....look how young Cousin Eddie is in that movie.

#4626 74 days ago

Black Legion (1937).

Anybody have any guesses what machine this is? Thanks o-din !

Quoted from o-din:

Black Legion 1937 (resized).JPGBlack Legion 1937 (resized).JPG

#4627 74 days ago

Coogan's Bluff (1968)

Thing
Big Town

Coogan's Bluff 2 (resized).JPGCoogan's Bluff 2 (resized).JPGCoogans Bluff 1 (1968) (resized).JPGCoogans Bluff 1 (1968) (resized).JPGCoogans Bluff 3 (resized).JPGCoogans Bluff 3 (resized).JPG
#4628 74 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Black Legion (1937).

[quoted image]

No, thank you.

That was some movie there eh?

#4629 74 days ago

My pleasure, o-din. Yeah, from looking at the opening credits and not knowing what I was getting into it was nuts. I was entertained.

For anybody who wants to know what Black Legion is, the story is the fictionalized telling of the real Black Legion white vigilante group and Michigan murders.

A working class guy, Humphrey Bogart, joins the Black Legion because foreigners are threatening his job. It shows all the personalities from families and loved ones, victims, Black Legion "foot soldiers", "generals" and what goes on in their heads. It is pretty trippy for 1937. Movie is also only 88 minutes long. Press photo below.

Quoted from o-din:

No, thank you.
That was some movie there eh?

Black Legion HB (resized).JPGBlack Legion HB (resized).JPG

#4630 73 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

A working class guy, Humphrey Bogart, joins the Black Legion because foreigners are threatening his job.

Sounds like it was a really tough time.

#4631 73 days ago

LOL.

Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like it was a really tough time.

#4632 73 days ago

Pozabljeni zaklad (2002)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387509/

Funhouse pinball machine. One of the main characters who likes to play pinball is called Fliper (Pinball).

Funhouse (resized).jpgFunhouse (resized).jpg
#4633 73 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Black Legion (1937).

[quoted image]

There's another pin behind that one.Screen Shot 2024-02-11 at 8.53.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-02-11 at 8.53.43 AM (resized).png

#4634 72 days ago