(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,837 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png
Whos that knocking at my door (resized).JPG
Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG
Mannix S07E05-2 (resized).JPG
Mannix S07E05 (resized).JPG
vlcsnap-2024-04-09-10h37m00s387 (resized).png
Allied Leisure Crack shot from episode (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1273 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 97.
#4451 4 months ago

Here's an obscure one, or maybe not so obscure (I have a feeling this movie is well known or has a cult following and I've just never seen it before). The 10th Victim or La Decima vittima from 1965, a French Italian production. Weirdly avant garde and bizarre. Kinda oozes that mid 60s style. I liked it. But anyway there's one scene that looks to have a Williams woodrail with point lights in it. I'm not sure. Not really familiar with this era at all. Anyone know what game it is?

pin movie (resized).jpgpin movie (resized).jpg

#4452 4 months ago

Here's an obscure one, or maybe not so obscure (I have a feeling this movie is well known or has a cult following and I've just never seen it before). The 10th Victim or La Decima vittima from 1965, a French Italian production. Weirdly avant garde and bizarre. Kinda oozes that mid 60s style. I liked it. But anyway there's one scene that looks to have a Williams woodrail with point lights in it. I'm not sure. Not really familiar with this era at all. Anyone know what game it is?

Gtb. Criss Cross.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4453 4 months ago
Quoted from Link_Standard:

[quoted image]

Gtb. Criss Cross.

#4454 4 months ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Gtb. Criss Cross.

Cool thanks, that's definitely the one. Had a feeling it wasn't a Williams (the metal legs seemed wrong). Knew it was probably a 50s game though.

#4455 4 months ago

Watches The Abyss for the first time in about a decade, man that movie still holds up well. (The Special Edition of course.)

Saw it mentioned in a few posts put no one put up pics, so I guess I'll officially claim it -- Data East Secret Service, appears several times throughout the movie. One Night is even sitting on top of it in one scene!

Screenshot_20231130_135152_Plex (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231130_135152_Plex (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231130_135242_Plex (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231130_135242_Plex (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231130_135445_Plex (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231130_135445_Plex (resized).jpg
#4457 4 months ago

Just caught a Bally Medusa while watching the post apocalyptic gem America 3000.

20231207_184943 (resized).jpg20231207_184943 (resized).jpg
#4458 4 months ago

Elevator to the gallows (1958). Music by Miles Davis.

What game is this ?

IMG_5641 (resized).pngIMG_5641 (resized).png
#4459 4 months ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Elevator to the gallows (1958). Music by Miles Davis.
What game is this ?
[quoted image]

#flag-ship (Gottlieb, 1957).

Only a backglass image in the database, more pics at https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=868.

#4460 4 months ago

Excellent work!

#4461 4 months ago

I'm just amazed at how many pinball machines are in TV shows and movies, even animated. You would honestly think they would be more popular.

#4462 4 months ago

In the new "Family Switch" movie on Netflix...I think I saw a Sharpshooter pin.

#4463 4 months ago
Quoted from mcmnky:

San Quentin (1946) starring Lawrence Tierney and Marian Carr

No good looks at the back box with that pesky coat rack in the way

Chicago Coin, Strat-O-Liner (1940)

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2399&picno=27847

#4464 4 months ago

Family Switch (2023) (Netflix movie) Plot: Freaky Friday at Christmas with entire family swapping bodies. About 3 and a half minutes in, a Sharpshooter pinball machine in Dad's garage.

Quoted from Fast400:

In the new "Family Switch" movie on Netflix...I think I saw a Sharpshooter pin.

Family Switch Sharpshooter (resized).JPGFamily Switch Sharpshooter (resized).JPG

Sharpshooter 2 (resized).JPGSharpshooter 2 (resized).JPG

#4465 4 months ago

House of Villains S01E04 (Original release date: 11/02/2023)
NBC/E Reality show where tv/Internet/whoever faux bad guy/girl celebrities (who nobody cares about) are put in a house, do semi-scripted things to each other and get voted off, blah blah.

Jonny Fairplay has two pinball machines in his house. Godzilla and Deadpool. At the bowling alley everyone goes to there are pinball machines in the back. Do not really see them, just Jonny's home machines are shown. On camera he states he loves pinball, bowling and that is his life. He breaks down and cries on the lanes at one point (supposedly).
HofV1 (resized).JPGHofV1 (resized).JPG

#4466 4 months ago

Pinball machines make for great eye and sound candy and have a certain pop culture level of hipness or a cool factor (like if you own one you have money or are cool). That is why they are used in entertainment. For most of the lay public, if you ask them if they want to try a game or play in general it just isn't part of their generation or lifestyle.

Quoted from Oneironaut:

I'm just amazed at how many pinball machines are in TV shows and movies, even animated. You would honestly think they would be more popular.

#4467 4 months ago

They are also great for placing a production in a certain era (assuming they do their homework and get a time appropriate game), a nondescript, generic bar or diner becomes fixed in time with a pinball (or a jukebox, or a payphone, or ....)

Quoted from Oneironaut:

#4468 4 months ago

Was asked to repost Star 80 separately so that a key post could be made for it.

Star 80 (1983) at the Playboy Mansion, Eric Roberts playing a Bally's Strikes and Spares, Black Knight to the right. The one on the left is a Tri-Zone. Adding two other pictures since doing it again. SonicZone noticed the Skipper (Gottlieb, 1969) next to the Black Knight

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNGCapture3 (resized).PNGCapture3 (resized).PNGPinside_forum_7813270_1 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7813270_1 (resized).png

#4469 4 months ago

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot Movie (2019)

Saw the post for it previously but no images. Here they are pretty close to the beginning of the movie. Gottlieb Spiderman. First shot blurry, second you can read the machine name on the side on the left. Third shot you can see the machine again on the right.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Jay and Silent Bob reboot movie, scene in banksy's comic book store at the mall has a GTB Spiderman pinball machine in background of several scenes. Sorry no video or stills available yet.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot 1 (resized).JPGJay and Silent Bob Reboot 1 (resized).JPGJay and Silent Bob Reboot 2 (resized).JPGJay and Silent Bob Reboot 2 (resized).JPGJay and Silent Bob Reboot 3 (resized).JPGJay and Silent Bob Reboot 3 (resized).JPG
#4470 4 months ago

Not sure I have the patience to read through the entire list of machines/Movies...So I will just state I was watching Shutter Island last night and an EM pinball shows up briefly about 3/4 of the way into the movie where the orderlies were hanging out. It was too quick to identify. I am sure someone can identify it if it hasn't been listed yet.

#4471 4 months ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Not sure I have the patience to read through the entire list of machines/Movies...So I will just state I was watching Shutter Island last night and an EM pinball shows up briefly about 3/4 of the way into the movie where the orderlies were hanging out. It was too quick to identify. I am sure someone can identify it if it hasn't been listed yet.

1. Use Topic Index/Key Posts at the top of every page
2. Use Search at the top of every page

#4472 4 months ago

I was channel surfing last night and flipped by Price is Right and they had a machine in one of the showcases. It went by so fast that I couldn't tell what it was but seemed to have score reels but not the James Bond style. Did any body catch that?

#4473 4 months ago

Hair Brained (2013)

Was watching this, saw the pins and searched Pinside forum. Saw the post but no pictures. Here we go.
About 22-23 minutes in:

From left to right:

Top Card
Gottlieb Paradise Pinball (figured it out with the hula girl on the right in the third picture) Thank you, mricks1960, for finding it as well at the same time I did and posting in the thread.
Fish Tales

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Only twice before!
Watched a movie this morning on Netflix, "Hair Brained." Two pins, including a Fish Tales with nice dubbed-in bell sounds!

Hair Brained (resized).JPGHair Brained (resized).JPGHair Brained-2 (resized).JPGHair Brained-2 (resized).JPGHiar Brained 3 (resized).JPGHiar Brained 3 (resized).JPG

#4474 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was channel surfing last night and flipped by Price is Right and they had a machine in one of the showcases. It went by so fast that I couldn't tell what it was but seemed to have score reels but not the James Bond style. Did any body catch that?

There have been multiple Price is Right episodes posted (see Topic Index / Key Posts). Did you look at info on TV to see which episode it was?

#4475 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There have been multiple Price is Right episodes posted (see Topic Index / Key Posts). Did you look at info on TV to see which episode it was?

It was last night and I assumed it might have been a new episode.

After endless commercials online, I found it.

It's actually what I thought it was. A fake virtual table for fake pinballers on the fake Price is Right.

DSCN8625 (resized).JPGDSCN8625 (resized).JPG

#4476 4 months ago

Saw a Three Stooges last night where the pinball machine had a mallet topper that would swing down and hit the player in the head. That was pretty cool.

This thread has barely scratched the surface of what I've been seeing. But no longer can record them, so it's hard to get any captures.

#4477 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's actually what I thought it was. A fake virtual table for fake pinballers on the fake Price is Right.

The machine is not the only fakery in that screenshot.

#4478 4 months ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Hair Brained (2013)
Was watching this, saw the pins and searched Pinside forum. Saw the post but no pictures. Here we go. Can someone help me with the middle machine? Just got a shot of it in picture one and part of it in picture three.
About 22-23 minutes in:
From left to right:
Top Card
Second machine - can't figure it out. 2 Player Hawaiian/Topical theme with man with safari hat in middle.
Fish Tales

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe that’s a 1965 GTB Paradise. Dancing hula girl in the middle.

#4479 4 months ago

There is another thread for the Stooges in case you haven't seen it There is an elusive machine in the first picture of the thread and for years people have been trying to identify it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-identifying-a-pinball-machine-from-a-1941-three-stooges-short-film

Quoted from o-din:

Saw a Three Stooges last night where the pinball machine had a mallet topper that would swing down and hit the player in the head. That was pretty cool.
This thread has barely scratched the surface of what I've been seeing. But no longer can record them, so it's hard to get any captures.

#4480 4 months ago

Great minds think alike, mricks1960! As you were posting this (thank you very much) I had found flyers and found it as well.

Quoted from mricks1960:

I believe that’s a 1965 GTB Paradise. Dancing hula girl in the middle.

#4481 4 months ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Great minds think alike, mricks1960! As you were posting this (thank you very much) I had found flyers and found it as well.

Good deal! I kind of cheated, I have the AAB version, Pleasure Isle. They are both very cool looking and great players.

#4482 4 months ago

Ah, very cool. I added you in the body of the key post for your help. This thread wouldn't be the success it is without everybody helping find things, having machines in their collections, flyers, etc.
Also, yes, they look very cool .

Quoted from mricks1960:

Good deal! I kind of cheated, I have the AAB version, Pleasure Isle. They are both very cool looking and great players.

#4483 4 months ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Ah, very cool. I added you in the body of the key post for your help. This thread wouldn't be the success it is without everybody helping find things, having machines in their collections, flyers, etc.
Also, yes, they look very cool .

Thank you for doing that. You’re right, it does take everybody to make it work, nothing gets by this bunch! Yes, it definitely gets everyone’s attention when they come to the house.

#4484 4 months ago