(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,759 posts
  • 723 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by pinball2020
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballintvmovies (resized).jpg
dcwtf.gif
7A95FA98-2C35-495C-A493-87B1DE0036A1 (resized).jpeg
image-6 (resized).jpg
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 1 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 2 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 3 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 4 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) (resized).JPG
unnamed (6) (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-2 (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-3 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1256 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 96.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've been binge watching Review since I first discovered. It's a really great, funny show about a guy who is the host of a show that reviews life experiences such as murder, divorce, and eating pancakes. There was a pinball machine in the episode "marry, run, party."
Review_(resized).png

Haha so glad to see this one got added. I caught it too, but didn't feel like stopping it to get a picture.

Such a great show. Andy Daly is one of my favorite comedians.

#402 8 years ago

Over the top. Its either a High Hand or Captain Card. Looks like they spray painted over the title.

over_the_top_(resized).jpgover_the_top_(resized).jpg

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've been binge watching Review since I first discovered. It's a really great, funny show about a guy who is the host of a show that reviews life experiences such as murder, divorce, and eating pancakes. There was a pinball machine in the episode "marry, run, party."
Review_(resized).png

Williams Beat time

1 week later
#404 8 years ago

Season 1 of the Wire! WW. This guy was enjoying it moments before he was captured, tortured, and then murdered. :-/

Hopefully his last game was a good one.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#405 8 years ago

Just spotted a Williams Toledo in the premier of DC Legends of Tomorrow in a bar scene.

#406 8 years ago

There is a Flight 2000 and another one in the goathouse in Blue Mountain State. They are visible in almost every episode, but this is the best screencap I could make at this time

Blue.Mountain.State.s02e08.x264-BoB.mkv_snapshot_06.55_[2016.01.22_10.03.52]_(resized).jpgBlue.Mountain.State.s02e08.x264-BoB.mkv_snapshot_06.55_[2016.01.22_10.03.52]_(resized).jpg

Edit: The other one is a Gottlieb Sinbad

Blue.Mountain.State.s02e05.x264-BoB.mkv_snapshot_12.04_[2016.01.22_10.27.19]_(resized).jpgBlue.Mountain.State.s02e05.x264-BoB.mkv_snapshot_12.04_[2016.01.22_10.27.19]_(resized).jpg

#407 8 years ago

Tonight's episode of Grandfathered (usually freakin' hysterical, but not tonight) had a Comet, EBD, Taxi, and another machine I didn't have time identify. If you're not familiar with the show, John Stamos' character owns a restaurant and, in a feeble attempt to bribe some alleged pop star into giving some favorable tweets to the place, agrees to host an 80's party. Someone in charge of props or sets knew their games.

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Season 1 of the Wire! WW. This guy was enjoying it moments before he was captured, tortured, and then murdered. :-/
Hopefully his last game was a good one.
image_(resized).jpeg

Too funny. I just (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/8#post-2892952) yelled at someone for making the same unnecessary spoiler like three years ago (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/2#post-470274), back when the thread was new!

And again, I must ask: why the spoiler, were you afraid someone might think he was playing it after he died?

Actually, you at least used it to set up the "last game" comment.

The first guy had a much better pic, though!

#409 8 years ago

A couple of months back my wife was watching Vampire Diaries and some dude was playing a Striker Extreme. She even saved the pvr recording so I could see the game.
Wow, what a crap show!

#410 8 years ago

At Close Range with Walken and Penn has a Dolly Parton in a bar seen.

1 week later
#411 8 years ago

Elementry episode, "A View With a Room" 2016. A blue pinball machine in the gangs club house.

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Elementry episode, "A View With a Room" 2016. A blue pinball machine in the gangs club house.

Not really much to go on in that scene, unfortunately...

elementary_(resized).pngelementary_(resized).png

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Name this one.
l[1].jpg

Space Time. This game replaced Nip-it when that one was destroyed when the original Arnold's burned down. While on this subject wasn't there another pin on Happy Days that preceded Nip-It at Arnold's in early episodes?

#414 8 years ago

Dukes of Hazzard s01e01 there are 3 pins:

Freedom
Capt. Fantastic
Lost World

dukes_(resized).pngdukes_(resized).png

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

100%, Not much to go on.
That pin is clearly a prop. Black legs to avoid reflections, the name on the side is hard to read, and it was not on.
Looks like 'Chain, or Clean, or Clann', the lower yellow wording looks like "Carbon". Will have to try to edit the fame later, and zoom the image.

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

100%, Not much to go on.
That pin is clearly a prop. Black legs to avoid reflections, the name on the side is hard to read, and it was not on.
Looks like 'Chain, or Clean, or Clann', the lower yellow wording looks like "Carbon". Will have to try to edit the fame later, and zoom the image.

Almost looks like "Chain Cannon" to me.

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Almost looks like "Chain Cannon" to me.

Now you are getting serious

300px-Chaincannon_(resized).jpg300px-Chaincannon_(resized).jpg

#418 8 years ago

Kick Ass 2: The bad guy has an arcade in his lair. TOM and MB are there.

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Almost looks like "Chain Cannon" to me

You got it Forceflow, it is 'Chain Cannon'. The red part is a chain, I do not have enough resolution to enlarge the image. To be able to read the off set lower yellow lettering.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You got it Forceflow, it is 'Chain Cannon'. The red part is a chain, I do not have enough resolution to enlarge the image. To be able to read the off set lower yellow lettering.

Here's one with a bit higher resolution.

e2.pnge2.png

#421 8 years ago

It's "Chain Carbon", not cannon. And there's a pattern of what look like molecules on the sides. There's also something else written below the word carbon on the lower right, but it's not readable.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

It's "Chain Carbon", not cannon. And there's a pattern of what look like molecules on the sides. There's also something else written below the word carbon on the lower right, but it's not readable.

Yeah, looks like "Chain Carbon" now to me too. Didn't find anything in a cursory google search, though. I was thinking it could have been a prop reused from another TV show or something.

#423 8 years ago

Just flipping threw the channels and saw a blackout in a housd on a movie called thirteen

#424 8 years ago

Kutcher has a sky jump in his apartment in What Happens in Vegas.

Saw a Bow and Arrow in the pawn shop in the Book of Eli.

#425 8 years ago

Most definitely 'Chain Carbon'. The lower script is not readable but the last part of the line sort of looks like pinball. That last photo is much better. The plunger base looks like a Williams and the pedestal is red. The side art has a molecular design.

#426 8 years ago

Saw Deadpool last night. Thumbs up, NOT for kids. There are a couple of Gottliebs in it. Unfortunately i'm not good at quick identification. I saw the coin door on one and saw the sticker so i knew gottlieb, then during the credits, they reference gottlieb.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Saw Deadpool last night. Thumbs up, NOT for kids. There are a couple of Gottliebs in it. Unfortunately i'm not good at quick identification. I saw the coin door on one and saw the sticker so i knew gottlieb, then during the credits, they reference gottlieb.

I also noticed in the credits - "special thanks to D. Gottlieb & Co."

A playfield glass got smashed in a fight scene, but the cabinet was covered up and I couldn't make out a title.

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

elementary_(resized).png

I think there was another prop game, modified from the original, when Sherlock mocked up the bldg. layout on his roof. It looked different, and I did not recognize it.

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

I think there was another prop game, modified from the original, when Sherlock mocked up the bldg. layout on his roof. It looked different, and I did not recognize it.

Nice catch, I missed that one. Unfortunately, it's not very clear as to what it is since it's so far away in the scene. Judging from the coin door, it looks like it might be a Gottlieb system 1 or system 80 game. Judging from the placement of the displays, it seems more likely that it might be a system 80 game. In either case, it looks like it's been re-themed.

[edit]: On further inspection of the coin door, it now looks like it may be a classic Bally.

1.png1.png
3.png3.png2.png2.png

#430 8 years ago
#431 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Was watching Tanked tv show and Marshawn Lynch has a Skittles game in his Oakland house. Not sure if it's a re theme or a sponsored gift.

Skittles game was a re-theme of Flash.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Was watching Tanked tv show and Dwight Howard has a Skittles game. Not sure if it's a re theme or a sponsored gift.

#433 8 years ago

It was Dwight Howard not Marchawn Lynch with the skittles game.

1 week later
#434 8 years ago

The Malcolm in the middle kid playing a Pinbot in Big Fat Liar movie.

20160224_162237.jpg20160224_162237.jpg

#435 8 years ago

Caught the ROCKET woodrail in Stewart's comic book store tonight on BBT.

2 weeks later
#436 8 years ago

Here's an odd one. Couldn't find anything internet searching.

Screen captures are from the movie Naked Massacre, which is loosely based on the Richard Speck killings.

Main character enters a pub in Ireland and plays this machine.

NakedMassPinball4_(resized).jpgNakedMassPinball4_(resized).jpg

NakedMassPinball3_(resized).jpgNakedMassPinball3_(resized).jpg

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Here's an odd one. Couldn't find anything internet searching.
Screen captures are from the movie Naked Massacre, which is loosely based on the Richard Speck killings.
Main character enters a pub in Ireland and plays this machine.

NakedMassPinball1_(resized).jpg1NakedMassPinball2_(resized).jpg1NakedMassPinball4_(resized).jpgNakedMassPinball3_(resized).jpg

Looks to be a retheamed Williams "Big Star"

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=279&picno=50751

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Looks to be a retheamed Williams "Big Star"

Wow! you are correct! I thought about it being a re-theme..........great sleuthing!!

-Nate

#439 8 years ago

IPD advanced search made it real easy to find.

#440 8 years ago

Anyone figure out what machines are in Deadpool?
There are two scenes.

Arcade scene has a few, including what is either Xenon or Space Invaders.

Later there is a bar scene, most of them have white sheets over them, but the one someone gets slammed into is less covered.

#441 8 years ago

I was watching Walking Dead. In season three, episode "Clear" there's a pinball machine but can't figure out what it is. Pretty distinct side though.

wd_(resized).pngwd_(resized).png
wd2_(resized).pngwd2_(resized).png

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was watching Walking Dead. In season three, episode "Clear" there's a pinball machine but can't figure out what it is. Pretty distinct side though.
wd_(resized).png
wd2_(resized).png

Looks like a Mata Hari.

#443 8 years ago

Did anyone watch episode 1 of the Netflix show "The Charcters"? The pinball scene at Dick & Boners was hilarious.

The two machines were a Super Mario backgkassed PotC and a reskinned stern Star Trek.

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Noticed a pin and two arcade games in Ghostbusters upstairs of there store bldg after they get there second call to go after slimmer. Not sure what it is.

Star Gazer is the pin, and Star Castle is one of the vids.

#445 8 years ago

Just spotted a "Doodle Bug" in a bar in the movie "Chrome and Hot Leather" (1971).

#446 8 years ago

There was a KISS and Catacomb in the background of one of the houses in Real Housewives of New Jersey. My wife used to watch that stupid show. She was like, HEY DAN! THERE'S PINBALL MACHINES! They doesn't remember them ever playing them but they looked real nice from the outside.

#447 8 years ago

That 70's Show .... Battle of the Sexists
at the HUB, where the kids hangout,
TRAVEL TIME is played and shown, Backglass is blurry but cabinet art work confirms the ID.
They change games and a Space Invaders video game was in its spot in the last season.

#448 8 years ago

In the 1971 Warren Beatty / Goldie Hawn movie "$" a pier side warehouse has several pinball machines just inside the doors (most are unassembled).

1 week later
#449 7 years ago

Anyone know what game this is behind Mike on last night's American Pickers? The cabinet is awesome and backglass looks like ring girls?

20160406_211123.jpg20160406_211123.jpg

20160406_211109.jpg20160406_211109.jpg

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Anyone know what game this is behind Mike on last night's American Pickers? The cabinet is awesome and backglass looks like ring girls?

Looks like a Ballys Freedom

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Johnston, IA
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 4,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.