(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,679 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by SonicZone
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

earthquake74yt.jpg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.03.01?PM (resized).png
PXL_20240228_024916888 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240228_024925374 (resized).jpg
QLS213_TimeZone (resized).png
Bally Wizard Snowbeast.jpg
MV5BNTM0MzA2NTUtNTJhZS00OTczLWE0MGEtMGViYjk0ZDc5NzMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MjQ0NzU@._V1_UY200_CR15,0,200,200_AL_ (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Hawaii Five-0 S06E22 Mother's Deadly Helper 1 (resized).JPG
Hawaii Five-0 S06E22 Mother's Deadly Helper 3 (resized).JPG
Hawaii Five-0 S06E22 Mother's Deadly Helper2 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.32.08?AM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 2.26.54?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 2.23.29?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

1236 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 94.
#4001 1 year ago

PinMonk
Now that the index is current what is the best approach to searching for a pin or movie title to eliminate duplicate posting?

#4002 1 year ago

PinMonk Thank you for taking the time to keep the thread updated. Much appreciated. Also, saw you on the IEPinball stream from AYCE Gogi last week. Lookin' good (or at least the letters that spell your nickname were ).

#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm gradually converting the list over to "title, the" for affected titles. That's why the list seems inconsistent. It's a work in progress.

Glad this is being addressed. Thank you!

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from ourdave76:

PinMonk
Now that the index is current what is the best approach to searching for a pin or movie title to eliminate duplicate posting?

Once you're on the topic index, just click on keypost summary to sort the list alphabetically (once, it remembers every time after that), then look for the title. Or, once you are showing the whole index, you can also CTRL-F search for part of the name of the show to jump to that spot on the list if it's there.

Overall it's gotten much better with duplicates as people get used to checking the list first. Also, way less posts of links to youtube videos, OR if people do, they also include a screenshot which will persist even if the youtube disappears in the future. Just a screenshot is the best plan. However, I will keypost ones with both, I will not keypost ones with just youtube because having posts with broken links in the future is no fun/more work. Also once I get all the "The" titles corrected with ", The" that will help, too.

#4005 1 year ago

Don't think this one has been mentioned from what I can see but for about 10 seconds in the romcom when in rome from 2010 there is a 1970 Baseball from Gottlieb in the Background.

Screenshot_20221227-211854 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221227-211854 (resized).png
#4006 1 year ago
Quoted from IonRay:

This is an interesting one from the 'Violent Night' trailer.
Late 70's / early 80's pin with werewolf themed side art that looked vaguely familiar and obviously fake backglass.
It's the same 'Revenge of the Wolf' pin from the movie Nobody!
Both are Universal movies, what else might this machine popped up in?
[quoted image]

The pins in the 2 movies are totally different pins.My buddy works at the place that did both machines.

The pin in Nobody was a Stellar Wars.............the pin was actually destroyed........burnt

The second pin,in Violent Santa was a Bally Space Time or Time Tunnel.He still has the tunnel part lol

The movie people provided the art work,and my buddy just assembled them the way the movie people wanted

#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from Roasty:

1970 Baseball from Gottlieb

Not Baseball from GTB, but a CCoin BullsEye Baseball Pitch&Bat

#4008 1 year ago

Fair enough. Honestly thought it was a GTB pinball machine but hard to tell with it being in the movie for such a short amount of time.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not Baseball from GTB, but a CCoin BullsEye Baseball Pitch&Bat

#4009 1 year ago

Here's the Ozempic commercial with two pins in the background. Can't really tell what pins they were (or if they were faked up overlays) because the background is blurred.

ozempic1 (resized).pngozempic1 (resized).pngozempic2 (resized).pngozempic2 (resized).png
#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the Ozempic commercial with two pins in the background. Can't really tell what pins they were (or if they were faked up overlays) because the background is blurred.[quoted image][quoted image]

Blue one is a Flight 2000 with some "Added" stuff. It's in another post somewhere in the thread. The other pin?

Edit: Found it in a previous post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/22#post-4408889

#4011 1 year ago

Armageddon Time (movie)

IMG_9660 (resized).JPGIMG_9660 (resized).JPGIMG_9662 (resized).JPGIMG_9662 (resized).JPGIMG_9664 (resized).JPGIMG_9664 (resized).JPG
#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Armageddon Time (movie)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Left to right: Space Mission, Target Alpha, Magnotron, Big Indian

#4013 1 year ago

Just finished watching the greatest TV show of all-time - Columbo, and in the very last episode of the 70s run, he challenges the killer to a game of pinball.

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Just finished watching the greatest TV show of all-time - Columbo, and in the very last episode of the 70s run, he challenges the killer to a game of pinball.

Can you screenshot this so I can add it to the keypost index? It's another example of why video linking is bad for this thread. If you click on that youtube link from the US, it's unavailable on copyright grounds for this territory. So, essentially a broken link.

#4015 1 year ago

If anyone wants an easy way to screengrab or capture video from TV, DVD, streaming video sources, ClearClick HD Ultimate is super easy, and puts video or screen shots on an SD card with the press of a button. Ebay has refurbs from the company for $149. It's the one I use.

ebay.com link: itm

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the Ozempic commercial with two pins in the background. Can't really tell what pins they were (or if they were faked up overlays) because the background is blurred.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do the commercial mention what side affects the pinball might trigger too??

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from in2kiss:

Do the commercial mention what side affects the pinball might trigger too??

Probably suicidal thoughts or actions. Most of these drugs advertised on TV have that listed. The longer eyelash one is especially ridiculous. You can have longer, thicker, more luscious eyelashes, but risk death by suicide for taking the medication to get them.

#4018 1 year ago

Screencaps from Columbo playing pinball. 2 games to identity here... I have no idea.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Screencaps from Columbo playing pinball. 2 games to identity here... I have no idea.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Added to the index.

His quote when talking to the killer about the pinball machine is classic Columbo: "...the way I keep steering and pushing and pulling at things, some day the whole sky is gonna light up and it's gonna say 'TILT.' And that's gonna be the end of the road."

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

1972 Gottlieb Flying Carpet on the left, 1971 Gottlieb 4-Square on the right.

#4021 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

1972 Gottlieb Flying Carpet on the left, 1971 Gottlieb 4-Square on the right.

Did you cheat and watch the vid? Good job if you didn't. Columbo would know if you cheated of course, he's a detective.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Did you cheat and watch the vid? Good job if you didn't. Columbo would know if you cheated of course, he's a detective.

The vid was blocked in the US for copyright... Columbo would have seen right through any deception

Screenshot 2023-01-01 054318 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-01 054318 (resized).png
#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

The vid was blocked in the US for copyright... Columbo would have seen right through any deception
[quoted image]

Who want's a Columbo pin?

I'd be in for a "Just one more thing" LE model.

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Who want's a Columbo pin?
I'd be in for a "Just one more thing" LE model.

I would LOVE a Columbo pin. Yeah, you think the last ball has drained, then... "Just one more thing" and the ball returns. Classic fun.

#4025 1 year ago

Different shot of the row of pins at Bob's Bunker on the Blues Brothers

20230101_230201.jpg20230101_230201.jpg20230101_230209.jpg20230101_230209.jpg
#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Different shot of the row of pins at Bob's Bunker on the Blues Brothers

with your higher resolution TV shot
the pins can be easier to ID.
It looks like the games are 4 Square and WMS Blue Chip

#4028 1 year ago

Lots of pool hall shots in this movie from 1943, "Kid Dynamite". Several times you get a glimpse of some wood rails in the background, but probably not clear enough to identify.

Woodrails (resized).jpgWoodrails (resized).jpg

#4029 1 year ago

Surprised these haven't been posted yet. Slap Shot

20230111_183507.jpg20230111_183507.jpg
#4030 1 year ago

Turned on the TV and a show called Cheat Day USA was on. Ebpisode 6. Impressive row of games at a St. Louis restaurant called Tiny Chef.

Creech
Rick and Morty
Maiden
Dialed In
BSD
Funhouse
Fish Tales
And a few others

20230112_162501.jpg20230112_162501.jpg20230112_162511.jpg20230112_162511.jpg
#4031 1 year ago

From the S02E02 episode of "Tanked!", a custom fish tank creation reality show that was on Animal Planet from 2011 to 2018. A pinball guy commissioned the Tanked! team to build him a custom "aquarium based pinball machine" for his game room. The team bought a working classic Stern Stingray from the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas and designed three fresh water tanks (sides and head) to surround the pin for a complete, immersive aquatic theme.

To each their own, but even me as a pinhead AND a fish tank enthusiast, no way would I want to combine these hobbies. The result is kinda, well, no thank you. But the workman ship is fantastic.

At several thousand pounds, I don't see being able nudge or tilt this particular pin, lol.

At least this isn't a coffee table conversion where the pin is ruined....you could take the tanks and supporting hardware off of the machine and go back to the original Stingray if you wanted to.
Tanked Stingray 01 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 01 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 02 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 02 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 03 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 03 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 04 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 04 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 05 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 05 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 06 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 06 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 07 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 07 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 08 (resized).jpgTanked Stingray 08 (resized).jpg

#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Surprised these haven't been posted yet. Slap Shot
[quoted image]

Already a Slap Shot in the index (from a different scene?).

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

From the S02E02 episode of "Tanked!", a custom fish tank creation reality show that was on Animal Planet from 2011 to 2018. A pinball guy commissioned the Tanked! team to build him a custom "aquarium based pinball machine" for his game room. The team bought a working classic Stern Stingray from the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas and designed three fresh water tanks (sides and head) to surround the pin for a complete, immersive aquatic theme.
To each their own, but even me as a pinhead AND a fish tank enthusiast, no way would I want to combine these hobbies. The result is kinda, well, no thank you. But the workman ship is fantastic.
And at least this isn't a coffee table conversion where the pin is ruined....you could take the tanks and supporting hardware off of the machine and go back to the original Stingray if you wanted to.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did they say what the total gallon capacity was? Water is 8 pounds per gallon and I would estimate two 55 gallon and one 20 gallon tank so its 130 gallon total or 1040 pounds. Did they consider this? And were there any cabinet modifications made?

#4034 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

From the S02E02 episode of "Tanked!", a custom fish tank creation reality show that was on Animal Planet from 2011 to 2018. A pinball guy commissioned the Tanked! team to build him a custom "aquarium based pinball machine" for his game room.

Seems like the noise and vibration would be bad for the fish...

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

At several thousand pounds, I don't see being able nudge or tilt this particular pin, lol.
At least this isn't a coffee table conversion where the pin is ruined....you could take the tanks and supporting hardware off of the machine and go back to the original Stingray if you wanted to.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Post #1169 4 years ago.

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Post #1169 4 years ago.

Dang - I did check the index before posting, but my search was too literal with the correct TV show name ("Tanked!" instead of "Tanked"). Thanks....