(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,869 posts
  • 645 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Pinstein
  • Topic is favorited by 117 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3 Heinz Weiss NDW (resized).jpg
2 Heinz Weiss TGE (resized).jpg
1 Steve McQueen TGE (resized).jpg
Freddy Quinn (resized).jpg
Freddy Quinn - Nur der Wind - Flipper (resized).jpg
BigFoot (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bond Pinball (resized).png
US Against the World 1977 Gabe Kaplan playing pinball (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20220922-125437_YouTube (resized).jpg
95A5FBD4-4174-40ED-94B7-CCDC992362BA (resized).jpeg
A25066BB-3726-456A-85CF-92FEFC6B003E (resized).jpeg
D020983B-290F-44C2-ACFD-DAAF4BD6A7F3 (resized).jpeg
Adriano Celenatano - Asso 1981 - Gottlieb (resized).jpg
DSC00283 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

946 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 78.
#3851 15 days ago

Stern Electronics Freefall in Colossal (2016)
DSC00283 (resized).JPG

#3852 11 days ago

Archer S13:E05 | 3 Pins in Pam’s Apartment
D020983B-290F-44C2-ACFD-DAAF4BD6A7F3 (resized).jpegA25066BB-3726-456A-85CF-92FEFC6B003E (resized).jpeg

95A5FBD4-4174-40ED-94B7-CCDC992362BA (resized).jpeg
#3853 11 days ago

Just saw a row of pins in this music video by the
ironicly named Swedish Band, Browsing Collection.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DC2WrGAK28qk&ved=2ahUKEwiB_JiS-aj6AhVZjYkEHYfIBC0QsPgBegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2yxx9JbHv2NcpnLJD2fCXF

Screenshot_20220922-125437_YouTube (resized).jpg
#3854 10 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

How big was it? A Fish Tales Pinball at the beginning of the Netflix movie, "The Bubble".[quoted image]

With ColorDMD! Is that a first?

#3855 9 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Archer S13:E05 | 3 Pins in Pam’s Apartment
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The playfield on the pin that Pam and Lana are behind looks a lot like a Williams Honey:

#3856 8 days ago

Never know what you'll see on some old Carson re-run. Don Rickles was on, talking about a 1977 TV special "US Against the World" which Rickles hosted. It features US stars against international ones in games and sporting events. One of the competitions was pinball! They actually show it as one of the clips and Johnny comments on it which triggers Rickles funny bone, ha ha, don't know why. Johnny was also laying into him earlier about his CPO Sharkey show. This was a funny visit from Rickles.

Never seen this game before, Bigfoot apparently. Wow, only 2 made, never made it to production.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+foot&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4345

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1358280/

BigFoot (resized).jpg

#3857 8 days ago

For television and movies, I don't know.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

With ColorDMD! Is that a first?

#3858 8 days ago

Here is a still for the Bigfoot from US Against the World 1977 since Youtube links may go away.

And - the whole history - and mystery - of who has Bigfoot (Big Feet?) and where they are at is in this Pinside thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-bally-em-bigfoot-go

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Never know what you'll see on some old Carson re-run. Don Rickles was on, talking about a 1977 TV special "US Against the World" which Rickles hosted. It features US stars against international ones in games and sporting events. One of the competitions was pinball! They actually show it as one of the clips and Johnny comments on it which triggers Rickles funny bone, ha ha, don't know why. Johnny was also laying into him earlier about his CPO Sharkey show. This was a funny visit from Rickles.
Never seen this game before, Bigfoot apparently. Wow, only 2 made, never made it to production.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+foot&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4345
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1358280/

US Against the World 1977 Gabe Kaplan playing pinball (resized).JPG
#3859 8 days ago

Bond seems to be popular at the moment, so the first person to spot a pinball machine in a Bond movie wins a free balloon...apart from this one...(Live and Let Die)

Bond Pinball (resized).png
#3860 8 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Bond seems to be popular at the moment, so the first person to spot a pinball machine in a Bond movie wins a free balloon...apart from this one...(Live and Let Die)
[quoted image]

Dixieland.

One on the right I can't make it out.

#3861 8 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

One on the right I can't make it out.

Williams Super Star.

#3862 8 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

[quoted image]

I thought it was great too which is why I posted it over a year ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/61#post-6435983

As a reminder, please help reduce redundant posts by first searching the topic index.

#3863 7 days ago

German FREDDY QUINN-movie "NUR DER WIND" filmed in early 1961.
This may have been the first german movie showing pinball-machines in full-screen and in color. The scene takes 2 minutes.
Gottlieb's TEXAN, Williams SHAMROCK and PERKY along with some Bingo-machines, a shuffle-alley, german gambling-machines, a Bimbo-Box, Soccer, Billiard and a Juke-Box.
The movie was filmed in Ireland, but the inside-shots like this one seem to be taken in german studios.
This scene takes place in an irish Pub where Freddy Quinn sings his new song "Einmal oben, einmal unten"

For anyone who is interested - The Austrian Freddy Quinn, who is still alive and well, was the most popular singer and actor in Germany from ca 1955 to 1965. He set up lots of records, some of them are still standing today. There's no question that the Band "Rammstein" copied his style of singing even if they would be ashamed to admit that.

Many Americans will recognize german Actor Heinz Weiss in this movie - he had the great honor to share a scene with Steve McQueen one year later in THE GREAT ESCAPE (he was the german guard who notices Steve McQueen searching his baseball near the fence)

Freddy Quinn (resized).jpgFreddy Quinn - Nur der Wind - Flipper (resized).jpg
#3864 6 days ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

German FREDDY QUINN-movie "NUR DER WIND" filmed in early 1961.
This may have been the first german movie showing pinball-machines in full-screen and in color. The scene takes 2 minutes.
Gottlieb's TEXAN, Williams SHAMROCK and PERKY along with some Bingo-machines, a shuffle-alley, german gambling-machines, a Bimbo-Box, Soccer, Billiard and a Juke-Box.
The movie was filmed in Ireland, but the inside-shots like this one seem to be taken in german studios.
This scene takes place in an irish Pub where Freddy Quinn sings his new song "Einmal oben, einmal unten"
For anyone who is interested - The Austrian Freddy Quinn, who is still alive and well, was the most popular singer and actor in Germany from ca 1955 to 1965. He set up lots of records, some of them are still standing today. There's no question that the Band "Rammstein" copied his style of singing even if they would be ashamed to admit that.
Many Americans will recognize german Actor Heinz Weiss in this movie - he had the great honor to share a scene with Steve McQueen one year later in THE GREAT ESCAPE (he was the german guard who notices Steve McQueen searching his baseball near the fence)
[quoted image][quoted image]

The two-card bingo is a United Manhattan.

#3865 6 days ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

... Many Americans will recognize german Actor Heinz Weiss in this movie - he had the great honor to share a scene with Steve McQueen one year later in THE GREAT ESCAPE (he was the german guard who notices Steve McQueen searching his baseball near the fence)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I recently got a 4K Blu Ray of the Great Escape. I'll have to go back and watch that scene again.

#3866 5 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I recently got a 4K Blu Ray of the Great Escape. I'll have to go back and watch that scene again.

Thanks for your comment.
Here you can see the one and only Steve McQueen together with Heinz Weiss (far right) in THE GREAT ESCAPE and Mr.Weiss how he looks in NUR DER WIND.

1 Steve McQueen TGE (resized).jpg2 Heinz Weiss TGE (resized).jpg3 Heinz Weiss NDW (resized).jpg
#3867 4 days ago

Aw man, I just saw S4 ep8 of What We Do in the Shadows last night and Nandors wife Mara has a pinball in her (Man)cave but I didnt catch which one it was. I think this is an omen for Spooky!

#3868 4 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Aw man, I just saw S4 ep8 of What We Do in the Shadows last night and Nandors wife Mara has a pinball in her (Man)cave but I didnt catch which one it was. I think this is an omen for Spooky!

Already posted: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/77#post-7099306

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 3,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 78.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!