(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,837 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png
Whos that knocking at my door (resized).JPG
Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG
Mannix S07E05-2 (resized).JPG
Mannix S07E05 (resized).JPG
vlcsnap-2024-04-09-10h37m00s387 (resized).png
Allied Leisure Crack shot from episode (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1273 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

362 posts in this topic match your search for posts by girloveswaffles. You are on page 2 of 2.
#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

"Slap Shot" bar scene. 4 Square in the back.
[quoted image]

O/T Long time since I've seen that movie. Have to see if I can find a Blu Ray Copy (I actually have a very old original Laserdisc copy somewhere).

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Trade me right fucking now!

"Now hang up!"

2 weeks later
#3313 2 years ago

Despicable Me. Not a real pin, but in Despicable Me, Gru has a Minion themed pin in his lair (Called minion Invaders).
Gru's Lair (resized).jpgGru's Lair (resized).jpg

Later, The Minions are carrying The game away and the background sound for Williams Space Shuttle can be heard.
Minion Invaders (resized).jpgMinion Invaders (resized).jpg

It can be heard at 1:53 in this video:

1 month later
#3361 2 years ago

Saw a pin in the background in a bar in X-Files Season 4 episode 12, but didn't see it long enough to identify it. Anyone have an idea what it was (from 1997).

1 week later
#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Was just watching this last week... Here's a screencap. Anyone?
[quoted image]

Playfield is Fire Power.

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Some better screencaps on this one, as well... (just for curiosity's sake)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They've been posted before, but none have ever been identified.

1 week later
#3407 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

High Speed and Space Shuttle seen in the terrific movie "By Dawn's Early Light" about nuclear war with the Soviet Union. Also looks like perhaps an Afterburner upright arcade machine (or something similar) and another unknown pin all the way on the right side (perhaps Jokerz or another System 11??)
[quoted image]

The third pin next to the After Burner looks like it's a Flight 2000.

#3408 2 years ago

Okay, so it's defiantly a pin, but not Flight 2000.
Dawns (resized).jpgDawns (resized).jpg
Dawns 2 (resized).jpgDawns 2 (resized).jpg

Anyone have an idea what it is?

3 weeks later
#3436 2 years ago

From the new March 7 episode of American Dad. Klaus's Secret Lair. A pin and a video game cabinet with the Data East "DE" Logo:
IMG_3240 (resized).JPGIMG_3240 (resized).JPG
IMG_3239 (resized).JPGIMG_3239 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).JPGIMG_3241 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3462 2 years ago

Early in Ghostbusters Afterlife, there is a Fireball Home Pinball in the Spinners diner. It's hard to see because it's not in focus, but you can just make it out in the 4K version.

2 weeks later
#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from algernon:

Here is another Perry Mason episode. The pinball machine is in the bar where the lady villain will conspire to wiretap her boss. But what machine?
The Case of the Telltale Tap
Episode aired Feb 4, 1965
[quoted image]

Gottlieb Gigi (1963)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Spotted a few on a episode of pickers. Return of the impala
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wait! in the last picture: Is that an Orbitor 1?!?

Also see a Williams Penny pitch (or Ringer).

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A Ringer, a Williams Hot Line, a CC Hollywood, A Williams Palooka.
The Stern I can't say.

It's either Orbitor 1 or Dragon Fist. Orbitor 1 has a black cabinet with silver stripe and logo, Dragon fist is Dark Blue with white stripes and logo.
If we could see where the shooter was, it would have been more obvious if it was Orbitor 1 or not.

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

This never was uploaded with the Captain Marvel movie from three years ago and thought it might be nice to have in the database. Towards the end of the movie in the Kree science space station used by Mar-vell (the scientist, not Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel is the heroine pictured below. ).
[quoted image]

The "Alien" back-glass isn't original, or has been modified.

#3541 1 year ago

Caught an episode of Kolchack: The Night Stalker on Me TV last night that started in an arcade (episode 6: Firefall).
Several pins and lots of EM games in it:
Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.31.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.31.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.33.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.33.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.34.26 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.34.26 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.35.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.35.22 AM (resized).png
More are seen at the forty minute mark:Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.38.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.38.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.38.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.38.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.39.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.39.50 AM (resized).png

Confirmed that Swinger and Four Square in it as well as a Williams Gridiron pitch and bat. There's another pin next to the Foursquare (a Williams) that I can't identify.

#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I saw that episode and the pinball machines. I think I said something about it in an earlier post about year ago or so. Isn't that the one where he burns the place down with all those pins inside! That is a horror story!!!

Yes, the arcade burns down at the end.
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 1.16.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-02 at 1.16.56 PM (resized).png
https://www.nbc.com/kolchak-the-night-stalker/video/firefall/3980762

I forgot to mention that there's also a Mutoscope reel viewer in the same episode.

2 weeks later
#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Roseanne S1 E4
Fireball Classic in background of Bowling Alley cafe arcade.[quoted image]

Also a somewhat rare Game Plan Megatack video game in that picture.

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorority babes in the slimeball bowl-a-rama .
Too hard for me to tell what it is .
Great movie .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definatly a Bally, but Hard to Identify. Here's a better picture:

Can't tell what the other two pins are, but the one closest to the camera looks like it might be a Williams.

#3579 1 year ago

Okay, so I zoomed in and highlighted the side of the pin:
KoS (resized).jpgKoS (resized).jpg

It's Kings of Steel.

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nice job .
What about this one , same movie sorority babes
[quoted image]

Williams Comet.

... and I just noticed there are two more pins behind the Comet.

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Bally Super 8 Shuffle Bowler
Batman S1 ep 15
And either an arcade game or a woodrail with airplanes on the bg.[quoted image]

Not a pin, but a roll down game:
It's a Gilsepi Kontest Bomber
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.09.45 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.09.45 AM (resized).png

#3620 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'm a film and sound nerd, so I'm pretty familiar, but EM sounds is still a pet peeve.

I still think it's funny in Despicable Me there's a "Minion Invaders" pin that uses Williams Space Shuttle sound effects.

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Joy Sticks
Mr and Mrs Pac-Man not sure what the other two are .
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from gdonovan:

One on the left is Elektra.
[quoted image]

Beat me too it, but yes, Elektra.

2 weeks later
#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from pindel:

Monk with Firepower
[quoted image]

The pin on the opposite end of the bar looks like it might be an F-14 Tomcat.

Edit: Looks like there may be a third pin in this picture (look next to Tony Shaloub's left shoulder).

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Cadbury Crunchie chocolate bar 1980's commercial from Australia.
Starring a few machines in a studio set arcade and Naomi Watts as the disco dancer.

Centaur II is an obvious one, and the two on the left look like they *might* be Elektrta and Space invaders.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Unidentified pin in a movie called Brick Mansions. First thought was BSD or Rescue 911 but not sure
[quoted image]

Side art is the wrong color:

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Already identified anyway, but wow, that's a bizarre example of BSD to use. I've never seen red faded all the way to white that before!

It was the only side picture I could find on IPMD. Still, the cabinet is not the same color.

1 week later
#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Superman & Lois Season 2 episode 15
Rethemed backglass to an EM.
[quoted image]

Quoted from TopMoose:

There's not much to go on, but my best guess is that it's a Gigi (Gottlieb, 1963).

Looks like you're right:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngUntitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
I enhanced the lighting on the side to bring up the side pattern.

1 week later
#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from ourdave76:

Movie: Ghost Rider, 2007 with Nicolas Cage at 1hr21min mark. What pin is this.
[quoted image]

Quoted from TopMoose:

Wagon Train (Gottlieb, 1960)

The back glass looks right, but the paint job is somewhat different:

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from Jawn:

The cabinet of the first pin on that puzzle sure looks like Flash Gordon, but the apron and playfield don't match at all. What game has a second plunger like that?
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=874&picno=36592

Quoted from FlipperMagician:

That’s for sure the Flash Gordon cabinet, but these all appear to be mish-mashed nonsense machines. That’s definitely not the Eight Ball Deluxe cabinet

All three of the games a mashed up version of several games. Even the two backglasses aren't completely right.
The first game has a paint job like a Flash Gordon, but has a Gottlieb style coin door and apron.
The cabinet on "Hot Doggin' is painted wrong, Has what looks like a Happ Coin door and the Back-box seems to be in 16X9.
EBD also has a ball lifter, a wrong paint job, no start button on the coin door and the background people on the backglass have been replaced with colored disks.

1 week later
#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from mjg417:

1987 masters of the universe. Spotted a Williams scorpion, ms pac man, and a centipede.

That movie was filmed in Whittier CA. a few miles from my home. Before the movie was released there was a there was a 5.9 magnitude earthquake that damaged or destroyed a lot of the locations in the movie (10/1/1987).
https://www.whittierdailynews.com/2017/09/27/photos-the-1987-whittier-narrows-earthquake-a-look-back-on-30th-anniversary/

1 week later
#3746 1 year ago

Not a real pin, but a drawing of one based on a Capcom video game on a backdrop promoting Capcom's Arcade Stadium 2 for the Nintendo Switch in the exhibit hall here at San Diego Comic Con 2022

DSC00171 (resized).JPGDSC00171 (resized).JPGDSC00173 (resized).JPGDSC00173 (resized).JPG

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

From the “Emerson, Lake & Palmer - World Tour 1973” documentary.
Screen shot of Keith Emerson at a piano in the barn building rec room of his Stonehill house in East Sussex, England.
What pin is in there? I can’t identify it.
[quoted image]

Okay, so I took a turn at trying to clear up the picture. The "4" may not be what it looks like. There appears to be something very dark on the back glass near the center. I'd almost say Gaffers Tape. It's much darker than anything else on the artwork what ever it is.
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 9.30.08 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-07-25 at 9.30.08 PM (resized).jpg
But the game does look like it's a four player Gottlieb or something similar.

1 week later
#3773 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You don't have to look through all 75 pages.
Just use the topic index at the top of any page. Without the index it would just be mayhem - like you.

However, you can easily miss a movie or TV title because it listed under T (for "The...").
And it's not consistent. Even in the picture of the list you posted, "The Fugitive is listed as "Fugitive", but there's a lot of titles listed under "The"
Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.23.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.23.22 PM (resized).png
So if I go to look up "The Enforcer" (which I have listed) Where do I look? Under THE Enforcer, or Enforcer?
Anything that starts with The should be listed more like this: (Enforcer, The) , or else half the list would end up under "The".

#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you trolling me?
Open all key post, CTRL-F on keyboard (Windows PC), type partial character string you are searching for, click through results to see if what you are looking for is there or not.

No, I'm not "Trolling" you.
I'm posting an actual problem with the key post list.
How do you think I found out this was a problem? I did what you suggested and it doesn't work if a lot of titles are listed as "The..."

#3784 1 year ago

Absolute Beginners (1986)

Two Gottlieb Wedge-Heads: Sweet Hearts and Sing Along
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 00.42.44 copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-08-06 at 00.42.44 copy (resized).jpg

Edit:
The Movie takes place in 1958.
Sweet Hearts came out in 1963.
Sing Along came out in 1967.

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Quantum Leap. An episode in season one I believe. BTW: Quantum Leap would have been a great theme for a pin.

There are pins in the first season, second episode and the last episode of the series listed in posts #2298 #1703.

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The Wheezer Buddy Holly video has Fonzie and Richie next to Nip It.
The band took some old Happy Days episodes and inserted themselves into them.
Rats, I see this was already mentioned, but anyways at least I captured Fonzie with it.
[quoted image]

Remember when this video was on some versions of the Windows 95 CD?

https://genius.com/a/weezer-had-no-idea-the-music-video-for-buddy-holly-would-be-included-with-windows-95

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Ghostbusters Afterlife
Bally Fireball Home Edition at Spinners Roller Hop[quoted image]

Already posted in posts #3462 and 3470. Also listed in the Topi Index key posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/70#post-6872964

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I used the topic keyword search but the key post that is tagged doesn't have Ghostbusters Afterlife in the post so it didn't come up, i only saw the posts that mentioned it without pictures. Searching the 946 keyposts is difficult without alphabetical order I missed it.

Yeah, the key post list really needs work. To many titles listed under "The", lots of posts that aren't listed, etc.

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

The in topic keyword search is how I find if anything has already been posted, but if there isn't a title listed in the keypost then it's useless.
At least now if someone does the keyword search my post will easily be found with the picture and title included.

... if it ever gets listed in the Key posts that is.

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I'm referring to the find in topic search bar. If you search for Ghostbusters every post in the thread that has Ghostbusters written in it will show up in the search results.
The keypost for the Ghostbusters Afterlife will not show up because it doesn't have GB written in the post, only the incomplete posts without the picture included came up in the search results.
If you do the search now my post will show up. It won't be a key post but if anyone that does a search in the future will see that a complete post (title, game name and picture) has been made.
[quoted image]

No, "... if it ever gets listed in the Key posts that is" as in: I post something that isn't listed and I've never seen before WITH pictures but it never shows up in the list of Key posts, but other "New posts" do.

#3830 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

A closeup shot in an arcade from the 70's series "Harry O" starring David Janssen. Can anybody ID the game? The center bumper spins.
That was a freaking good private eye series by the way, still is.
[quoted image]

1. I've never seen this game before, so I had to look it up. Found a nice video of it:

I've never seen that spinner post like that before. Now I want to try this game.

2. I'd completely forgot about Harry O, until yesterday when I saw it on Decades TV.

3 weeks later
#3851 1 year ago

Stern Electronics Freefall in Colossal (2016)
DSC00283 (resized).JPGDSC00283 (resized).JPG

#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Archer S13:E05 | 3 Pins in Pam’s Apartment

The playfield on the pin that Pam and Lana are behind looks a lot like a Williams Honey:

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

... Many Americans will recognize german Actor Heinz Weiss in this movie - he had the great honor to share a scene with Steve McQueen one year later in THE GREAT ESCAPE (he was the german guard who notices Steve McQueen searching his baseball near the fence)

I recently got a 4K Blu Ray of the Great Escape. I'll have to go back and watch that scene again.

1 week later
#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from IonRay:

This is an interesting one from the 'Violent Night' trailer.
Late 70's / early 80's pin with werewolf themed side art that looked vaguely familiar and obviously fake backglass.
It's the same 'Revenge of the Wolf' pin from the movie Nobody!
Both are Universal movies, what else might this machine popped up in?
[quoted image]

Koen12344 pointed out that it was in Nobody:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/51#post-6016714

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from IonRay:

True, but the Violent Night trailer with the same pin is brand new.

Just pointing out that the game had been seen before. It's like that Galaxy with the altered side art and back-glass that shows up in a lot of T.V. shows.

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

New movie trailer "Violent Night" with David Harbour. Custom glass but the cab art looks familiar....can't quite place it.[quoted image]

Three days too late and on the same page:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/78#post-7179502

1 week later
#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

STRANGE DAYS, filmed in 1994, with ELVIRA and PIN-BOT.
[quoted image]

What's the game to the right of Elvira?
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 11.11.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-20 at 11.11.47 AM (resized).png
Here's a clearer shot of Pin*Bot:
Strange Days C2 (resized).pngStrange Days C2 (resized).png

1 week later
#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

IS that Archie Bunker's Place or All in the Family?
and do you know the Season and episode number?
Does appear to be new pin machine siting for those shows,
as the tavern seems to have a rotating series of games on display (routed)

They probably use the studio's prop house, or an outside company prop house.

2 weeks later
#3967 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Blue Chip on the far right, far left is clearly a Gottlieb single player wedgehead, 4 square I think..

Yes. That Gottlieb is a Four Square:

#3971 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

EM adult themed game seen in the international horror/thriller Born for Hell, filmed in Belfast, Northern Ireland 1976.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/9#post-3031320

#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Saw this guy playing pinball on a eye medication commercial. Can't remember the name of the medication

Black Knight 2000

1 week later
#3981 1 year ago

Rocky V (1990)
Stalone plays a Bally Future Spa...
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 11.02.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-21 at 11.02.23 PM (resized).png
And a Bally Fireball classic can also be seen:
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 11.04.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-21 at 11.04.04 PM (resized).png

Edit: Added Video link.

#3983 1 year ago
Quoted from Bortino:

NCIS S20 E8 last night. Not sure which game it is.
[quoted image]

It's the same Moded Galaxy that's been seen in many T.V. Shows recently.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/68#post-6758845

2 weeks later
#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Christmas Story Christmas (2022), there's a machine in Flick's bar. The movie is set in the 70s and this machine definitely looks the size / shape of modern Stern. Looks to be a rethemed backglass, as I don't recognize it. It says "BOOM!" with some superhero-esque characters.
Just watching the movie right now so I'll add more screenshots if there are any more to be had.
[quoted image]

The cabinet looks like a Williams System 9 or system 11.

2 weeks later
#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm gradually converting the list over to "title, the" for affected titles. That's why the list seems inconsistent. It's a work in progress.

Glad this is being addressed. Thank you!

1 week later
#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the Ozempic commercial with two pins in the background. Can't really tell what pins they were (or if they were faked up overlays) because the background is blurred.[quoted image][quoted image]

Blue one is a Flight 2000 with some "Added" stuff. It's in another post somewhere in the thread. The other pin?

Edit: Found it in a previous post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/22#post-4408889

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

The vid was blocked in the US for copyright... Columbo would have seen right through any deception
[quoted image]

Who want's a Columbo pin?

I'd be in for a "Just one more thing" LE model.

2 weeks later
#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

American Reunion (2012)
I can identify the Harley Davidson but not the other one on the left. Also, in the third pictures can anyone identify the cabinet?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from pinwiztom:

GTB Cue Ball Wizard??

Stern Sharky's Shootout

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Turned the TV on and apparently the pawn stars guys have a spinoff show.
Pawn Stars Do America. Crazy collection of games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well that reminds me, I'm ready for another Trip to Free Gold Watch.

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Where was this arcade anyway? I turned the TV on and it was just on history channel

It's actually a print shop that has arcade games. It's in the Haight Ashbury area of San Francisco, near the east end of Golden Gate Park.
They print Tee Shirts and other garments. They're also a block away from the second Amoebae Records store.
https://www.freegoldwatch.com/

3 weeks later
#4078 1 year ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

think it is a hankin orbit 1 (being an aussie movie). can't ever remember seeing a solar fire down here back in the day

Nah, that's defiantly a Solar Fire. You can see the red "sun" in the middle of the back glass, and part of the word Solar at the top.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4091 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Bones S4 E24 picture - I was able to get a picture of the machine - can anyone tell from the side art? A pinball or planet with a ring around it. Thanks!

[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#4132 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Movie:
Licorice pizza
This is the soundtrack, which features the inside of a pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

Here's what you find when you remove the slip jacket from the Blu Ray:
A8B3A296-1A39-4526-9AF6-C40CD85EE81A (resized).jpegA8B3A296-1A39-4526-9AF6-C40CD85EE81A (resized).jpeg
7226B633-D0B0-4312-92FA-263E4EFCD5CF (resized).jpeg7226B633-D0B0-4312-92FA-263E4EFCD5CF (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4137 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Also this amusing pinball reference where head writer Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) is trying to build up the lead editor Ritchie (Paul Giamatti) and make him sound cool to the eavesdropping assistant editor.
This joke hit a little too close to home since I drive a Tercel, have a real pinball machine, and have been to Canada. LOL

All they need to have done is a nod to Medieval Madness.

#4155 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a lightened version:[quoted image]

Quoted from pinball2020:

You guys and girls are really making me watch every single episode of this crap? LOL. The things we do for pinball .
Here is Ghost Wars, Season 1 Episode 4, "The Exorcism of Marcus Moon"
They switched "out of order signs" (EDIT: or as @pinkmonk said - just moved this machine down) and some more details are visible on the machine on the right.
The machine on left has a motorcycle.
The machine on the right is a "Monster Splat" - looks like a retheme.
EDIT: Oh----LOL - PinMonk you were updating your posts while I was watching and adding mine. - Yes, while your town is being annihilated by ghosts it is important to have a good mix of imaginary pinball titles for them to play.
[quoted image]

"Monster" pin is a Williams Time Warp:

2 weeks later
#4190 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The far one looks like it might be Whitewater.

I'm Thinking Funhouse.

#4199 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Doogie howser. MD. S1ep25.
Cyclone.
Earthshaker
Bad cats.
Jokerz.
Police force.
Whirlwind.[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't see the Earthshaker, but I do see a Elvira and the Party Monsters.

#4205 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There has to be a prize for this one I can't believe no one spotted it .
Can't tell what they are though .
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure .

One on the left is a Gottlieb Close Encounters,
The one on the right I thought might be Counterforce or Phoenix, but the markings around the coin door are wrong.
Edit. the one on the right is a Joker Poker.

#4207 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was impossible to get a focused shot , would probably have more luck on a video or DVD .
Edit , saw your Joker poker excellent detective work

Close encounters was easy, but that second one left few clues. I noticed the cabinet looked like another system 1 so i had to go through the list and compare.

2 weeks later
#4217 12 months ago

I know Airaces has a topic about this, ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collectors-call#post-7545374) but here's some screen shots from the 4/23/23 episode of Collectors Call on MeTV:
John Pedersen (resized).jpegJohn Pedersen (resized).jpegRoger Sharpe (resized).jpegRoger Sharpe (resized).jpegCollectors 1 (resized).jpegCollectors 1 (resized).jpegPins 1 (resized).jpegPins 1 (resized).jpegWedgeheads (resized).jpegWedgeheads (resized).jpegHanger 1 (resized).jpegHanger 1 (resized).jpegHanger 2 (resized).jpegHanger 2 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#4237 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Not exactly movie/TV and I don't know where it's from but I saw this today and figured someone would enjoy seeing it. Old-school.
[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 11.27.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-05-29 at 11.27.55 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 11.51.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-05-29 at 11.51.55 AM (resized).png

3 weeks later
#4252 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

the movie Feast - 2005[quoted image]

Jack's to Open

1 week later
#4256 10 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Can’t tell what machines these are but there are pinball machines in the new Five Nights at Freddy’s movie trailer-
[quoted image]

Quoted from TopMoose:

I think the one on the right might be Card Whiz (Gottlieb 1976) and the center one looks like a Jacks Open or Lucky Hand (Gottlieb 1977).
ED: Pretty sure the one on the left is a Jumping Jack (Gottlieb 1973).

Does this help any?Screen Shot B 2023-06-28 at 12.10.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot B 2023-06-28 at 12.10.50 AM (resized).png

1 month later
#4279 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Does this count?[quoted image]

Sure! Why not. It's pinball isn't it?

#4280 8 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Episode 6 of American born chinese in the bowling alley-
Right looks like a Meteor with a custom BG and left a Galaxy with a custom BG?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes. Galaxy and Meteor. That Galaxy has been in many T.V. shows, and I posted a picture of the same Meteor from an episode of Dreamcorp LLC on Adult Swim a couple of years ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/49#post-5930612

At this point that Galaxy deserves it's own topic!

#4286 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

its an arcade anyway.

And they're all Atari games. (It was a Warner Bros. movie)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086006/

1 month later
#4312 7 months ago
Quoted from BOBBUZZ:

A nice line of woodrails in the movie Harold and Maude.
[quoted image]

Nice Harvard Metal Typer too.

#4320 7 months ago
Quoted from ourdave76:

In the movie The Passing, a micro-budget sci-fi from 1983. What is the pin in the background, side art only, as the jukebox service guy works on the juke?
[quoted image]

Quoted from TopMoose:

Possibly Williams Grand Prix?

Quoted from ourdave76:

That looks right. Thanks TopMoose

3 weeks later
#4336 7 months ago

Not an actual pinball machine but Doc Brown explaining how he got the Plutonium in Back to the Future (starts at 26 seconds):

#4342 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been watching All in the Family reruns as well and it seems every time he goes into Kelcy's, they have a different machine. Must have had a great operator for mixing it up so much.

Back in the day, C.A. Robinson and Betson were both in the Down town L.A. area and probably not to far from the CBS Television City location.

#4344 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I can't remember exactly when pinball became legal in LA again, but I know it was about a year or so before NY. In OC, it was never outlawed. Even for kids.
Oh snap! Wasn't Kelcy's in NY? His bar was special.

If I recall IRL. Pinball was illegal in NYC untill 1977?

1 week later
#4354 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you know what episode this was? The name of the episode or the season?

I think it may be "Megs Wedding from season 19.

Here's a picture from that episode from IMDB:
Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 8.40.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-07 at 8.40.28 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#4359 6 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:Bob's Burgers Season 7 Episode 12:
[quoted image]
Not real pins, but two pinballs in a chocolate factory office ("Rock Star" and "Raceway").

Got a couple more screen shots from the episode:
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 8.39.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-12 at 8.39.15 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 8.36.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-12 at 8.36.18 PM (resized).png

#4360 6 months ago

Can't identify this one, but it's from "The Asphalt Jungle" (1950):

Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 10.18.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-14 at 10.18.51 PM (resized).png

#4367 6 months ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Follies of 1940 (Genco, 1939). Previously posted but not ID'd.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=911 (game does not appear in the Pinside database.)

Thanks for identifying it for me.

#4372 6 months ago

Modesty Blaise (1966):

Williams Space ship (1961):
Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 10.45.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-20 at 10.45.34 PM (resized).png

Unidentified pin:
Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 10.50.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-20 at 10.50.59 PM (resized).png

#4374 6 months ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Corral (Gottlieb, 1961)

Thanks!

#4376 6 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Elvira... not her pinball machine... her movie, Mistress of the Dark (1988). There are at least two games in the bowling alley. Not sure which ones?[quoted image][quoted image]

The one with the red and white stripes is a Bally Circus (1973).

#4378 6 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

The other one looks like a 1974 Bally Amigo.

Dang! You got that from that blurry image?!? Good job!

3 months later
#4580 86 days ago

Tonight I've been watching the Barrett Jackson car auction on the History Channel, and the showed some of the expo floor showing cars up for auction, vendors and there was a quick panning shot of the expo booths, and one had at least three Pinball machines. One was a Mustang, the other two I'm not sure of but I think one of them may have been a Corvette.

#4584 86 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Trying to guess the other (without seeing)
Viper Night Driven?
NASCAR?

Wish I knew for sure. But that's a good candidate, also High Speed, HSII The Getaway (Ferrari). Anyone else have any suggestions?

1 week later
#4591 79 days ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Just noticed these two classics:[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 10.41.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-02-03 at 10.41.08 PM (resized).png

#4596 79 days ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Egg on my face for not scrolling through 2,879 images.

Try checking the Key Post Index:
B Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 9.25.26 AM (resized).pngB Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 9.25.26 AM (resized).png

#4597 79 days ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

WWE RAW - Feb 3rd, 2003 (S11E05)
Two pins in a bar scene. A Striker Extreme. What's the other pin next to it? (Sorry for the bad picture quality)

Quoted from sunnRAT:

Dolly Parton (Bally, 1979)

#4604 77 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

this neck is going in 3 different directions[quoted image]

I think I found out why the people on that back glass have such long necks:Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 6.37.48 PM copy (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-02-05 at 6.37.48 PM copy (resized).png

#4614 74 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives S21 E10 "All Baltimore All the Time"
Dr. Who

[quoted image]

Doctor Who.

You can see most of the Dalek topper on the back box.

#4616 73 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

T.J. Hooker S2E11 "The Connection" 1982
Went by real fast. I'll let you guys figure it out.
[quoted image]

Williams Phoenix.

#4618 73 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I knew I recognized it, but it went by so fast as I was working in the garage and the online stream I took that screenshot from was kinda blurry.
Does this video game look familiar as well?[quoted image]

Wow, I've only seen one of those. Very early SNK game licensed by Rock-ola in 1981. The music in the game has similarities to Vanguard, an some early digitized speech.

#4633 72 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Black Legion (1937).
Anybody have any guesses what machine this is? Thanks o-din !

[quoted image]

There's another pin behind that one.Screen Shot 2024-02-11 at 8.53.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-02-11 at 8.53.43 AM (resized).png

3 weeks later
#4702 45 days ago

Not a pinball, but another pinball reference from Solar Opposites (S3 Ep5):
S3E5 (resized).jpgS3E5 (resized).jpg
Pinball Muggle (resized).jpgPinball Muggle (resized).jpg

#4713 44 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Not a pinball, but another pinball reference from Solar Opposites (S3 Ep5):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So I had to look for it, but ...
Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 7.02.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-03-09 at 7.02.46 PM (resized).png

Avcailable from https://www.geeksoutfit.com/products/pinball-muggle-t-shirt

3 weeks later
#4763 23 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not with my Wife, You Don't 1966
Tony Curtis and George C Scott
Fight in bar scene during Korean war
A bingo (likely Bally Beach Club)
and a 2or4 player pinball obviously not era appropriate.
Weird thing was in scene prior to fight breaking out,
the WACs playing the bingo were wiggling their butts to the tune of pinball chime and bell sounds

Someone (else) was watching TCM yesterday.

3 weeks later
#4836 24 hours ago

"Royal Crackers" Season 2 Episode 8:
Stebe has redone his office (formerly a janitors closet), and has a pinball in it:
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png

... and yes the charater's name is "Stebe".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
362 posts in this topic match your search for posts by girloveswaffles. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/2?tu=girloveswaffles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.