(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,759 posts
  • 723 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by pinball2020
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballintvmovies (resized).jpg
dcwtf.gif
7A95FA98-2C35-495C-A493-87B1DE0036A1 (resized).jpeg
image-6 (resized).jpg
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 1 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 2 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 3 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) 4 (resized).JPG
Wake Me When The War Is Over (1960) (resized).JPG
unnamed (6) (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-2 (resized).JPG
Van Nuys Blvd (1979)  blurry pinball-3 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1256 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 96.
#901 6 years ago

Watched the not so good movie “Be Cool” noticed two pins in the office scene, I think one is Captain fantastic.

#902 6 years ago

Watching a MurderTV show (Dead Silent, S2 E5) on ID channel and there's a flashback scene to 1979..... with a woman playing a BM66 in the scene.

#903 6 years ago

Saw a commercial tonight for an upcoming Anthony Bourdain (spelling?) show in Seattle that features a glimpse of a Funhouse with what seems to be colored leds in the back box.

#904 6 years ago

"I Am Wrath" scene with John Travolta and Chris Meloni. Doesn't everyone have a Medusa in their basement gun room / shooting range?

iamwrath (resized).jpgiamwrath (resized).jpg

#905 6 years ago

There was an EM pinball in a season 3 episode of VEEP. I think the pin was OXO.

#906 6 years ago

Check out this Classic Jam! Louis "Thunder thumbs" Johnson is awesome!

Pinball and slots in the club they are dancing in!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#907 6 years ago

Anthony Bourdain Season 10 Episode 9 "Seattle" will be showing pins in the background. Fun House and Dr.Who (not sure), and some EM pin shown in action.
It was just pins in the background, and just a snippet of pins in view. The final scene in the episode is in a bar with 3 pins out of focus in the background.

#908 6 years ago

Just a little aside here: it always bugs me that, no matter what era of pin is shown in a movie or tv show, even if it's an SS, AN, or DMD, if it's being played the sounds you'll hear are an EM's ding-ding-ding. I understand why, with speech and callouts and such, the moviemakers don't want to interrupt the actors' dialogue with "Lionman!" or "Oooh, bitchin!" or whatever in the background. But still.....very anachronistic.

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Just a little aside here: it always bugs me that, no matter what era of pin is shown in a movie or tv show, even if it's an SS, AN, or DMD, if it's being played the sounds you'll hear are an EM's ding-ding-ding. I understand why, with speech and callouts and such, the moviemakers don't want to interrupt the actors' dialogue with "Lionman!" or "Oooh, bitchin!" or whatever in the background. But still.....very anachronistic.

You had me at anachronistic.

Couldn't agree more. That does get mildly irritating....I always wonder if it makes non-pinball people think chimes are the only sounds that a game makes.

#910 6 years ago

Watched part of China Syndrome on the old movie channel last week. Didn't watch the part with the teevee game show but there was a bar scene where a sharp-eyed Gottlieb fan might spot a King Rock or something similar.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I understand why, ...

It's because the sounds are royalty free

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's because the sounds are royalty free

Also the solid state and newer pins can have random sounds or call outs, that can also flub up the sound editing.

#913 6 years ago

saw pinball in s2e25 of Golden Girls (don't judge!)

Funfest and some Gottlieb game i am not familiar of. Looks like system 80, so no wonder its turned off =P.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Funfest and some Gottlieb game i am not familiar of. Looks like system 80, so no wonder its turned off =P.

The Gottlieb is a Roller Disco:

2005f4 (resized).jpg2005f4 (resized).jpg

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Uhm, you watch Golden Girls?

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anybody else make NVRAM? Just kidding...hahaha

#917 6 years ago

French movie LES GRANDES GUEULES from 1965.
Actor MICHEL CONSTANTIN spots and plays WIN-A-CARD, a french conversion-kit based on Gottlieb-Woodrail-Two-Players.

LGG. (resized).jpgLGG. (resized).jpg

LGG (resized).jpgLGG (resized).jpg

#918 6 years ago

French movie LA SOUPE AUX CHOUX from 1981.
STRIKES AND SPARES in the corner at the right.

Louis de Funes (resized).jpgLouis de Funes (resized).jpg

#919 6 years ago

French movie LE ROI DES CONS from 1981.
Actor Francis Perrin with CHARLIE'S ANGELS.

CA (resized).jpgCA (resized).jpg

#920 6 years ago

French movie LE PROFESSIONEL with JEAN-PAUL BELMONDO from 1981.
Gottlieb's SOLAR RIDE in a french bistro.

Belmondo Solar Ride (resized).jpgBelmondo Solar Ride (resized).jpg

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Running out of stuff to watch while I assemble boards and nvram modules =D. Plus Rose is hot <3

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Running out of stuff to watch while I assemble boards and nvram modules =D. Plus Rose is hot <3

Gotta hand it to you for owning it. I would have probably said something like, "Saw this on TV when I was visiting my grandma"

#923 6 years ago

Golden Girls was the bomb back in the day. No love for Bea Arthur?

index(3).jpegindex(3).jpeg

#924 6 years ago

Italian ADRIANO CELENTANO movie ASSO from 1981.
The game on the left looks like an EM Gottlieb at the first sight but I would say it's one of these obscure italian licensed versions.

Adriano Celentano Pinball (resized).jpgAdriano Celentano Pinball (resized).jpg

Later in the movie there's a Gottlieb Sure Shot ... the italian version was called Spot Pool and had it's name on the lower Backglass. This one instead is a Sure Shot with some cabinet-artwort missing. Maybe it's an italian-made copy.

Adriano Celenatano - Asso 1981 - Gottlieb (resized).jpgAdriano Celenatano - Asso 1981 - Gottlieb (resized).jpg
#925 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I was always more of a Blanche guy haha. Believe it or not, when I was moving a couple years ago I stumbled across an old shirt I designed & screen printed myself, I didn't wear it in public much:

11221789_10205936707074466_5783469824249153126_o (resized).jpg11221789_10205936707074466_5783469824249153126_o (resized).jpg

#926 6 years ago

Caught this on Adult Swim the other night. Moral Orel Season 1 episode 9. Not a real pinball but:Supergod pinball1 (resized).jpegSupergod pinball1 (resized).jpegSupergod pinball1-2 (resized).jpegSupergod pinball1-2 (resized).jpeg

#927 6 years ago

Watching Kurt Russel in the remake of "The Thing" and there is a "Heat Wave" in their break room!

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Watching Kurt Russel in the remake of "The Thing" and there is a "Heat Wave" in their break room!

I know that one has been mentioned before, but I'm surprised nobody has linked it yet.

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Progressive Mancave Commercial - Need help with ID (pin in upper left).

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Pin in progressive insurance commercial

This same re-themed BK2000 (or one that looks just like it) has been used at least a couple of other times. I just saw it on Marvel's Runaways along with a Fun House. I'm sure I saw if before in something other than Runaways and the Progressive commercial too.

FunHouse (resized).jpgFunHouse (resized).jpg

KnightsLair (resized).jpgKnightsLair (resized).jpg

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Not a real pinball but:

The key is that it was put there on the set or CGI into a scene. It looks like a pinball machine and not an arcade Game. So, it counts.

#931 6 years ago

Fire Power was in Married with Children S4 E19 Pegs 300 Birthday
In the background of a bowling ally. It does have players but no sound.
(cell phone picture of the TV)

bunddy (resized).jpgbunddy (resized).jpg

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The key is that it was put there on the set or CGI into a scene. It looks like a pinball machine and not an arcade Game. So, it counts.

It's a model. The figures are real, not CGI (although some CGI effects are used).

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Two fantastic videos with pinball action in them.
Pity Sex's "Wind Up"

https://images.pinside.com/7/4e/74edfdaba0a6ab37f6ab59b0a35d7d2ff7349173/resized/large/74edfdaba0a6ab37f6ab59b0a35d7d2ff7349173.png
Oh! That's at Pinball Pete's! They have rearranged and fixed some things since that was taken... The Addams Family is working now, but all the way across the arcade from that row of pins. It seems Pity Sex is or was based in Ann Arbor, so that makes perfect sense.

Yesterday I was watching the Archie comic inspired tv show Riverdale (S01E05), and noticed a blurry old EM in the background of a scene that was maybe in the student lounge of the high school. Pingeek lists it, but just with a ? and a comment there saying it has an 8-ball on the backglass...I didn't notice that detail, but I was not paying much attention to the screen until I caught a glimpse of the pin, rather late in the scene. I'll keep an eye out for it to reappear more clearly as I continue to watch the season and try to get more info for an ID.

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from adania:

Yesterday I was watching the Archie comic inspired tv show Riverdale (S01E05), and noticed a blurry old EM in the background of a scene that was maybe in the student lounge of the high school.... I'll keep an eye out for it to reappear more clearly as I continue to watch the season and try to get more info for an ID.

Yeah it's a fake machine. It pops up quite a bit as there seems to be a lot of down time in the student lounge in Riverdale
We would have loved a lounge but I guess we didn't have a malt shop either

#935 6 years ago

I went to some effort and stayed up past my bedtime to identify the game that was on Tuesday's Brooklyn Nine-Nine as a 1977 Playmatic Rio.

charles_rio (resized).pngcharles_rio (resized).png

#937 6 years ago

To quote a previous post.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Sorry, didn't notice it was posted before, thanks.

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't be sorry, there are like 939 posts in this topic. Watch this show all the time, and have never seen anyone play it yet.

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, that one was about 600 post back (and two years ago). My post was to someone that posted the same reference to TBBT that I had made two posts previously (with a picture).

#941 6 years ago

Watched Tootsie last night (talk about a movie ahead of its time!). Near the end, after the big "reveal", there's a bar scene where Dustin Hoffman is aplogizing to Jessica Lange's character's father for leading him on. In the background there's a Space Invaders pinball machine being played.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

In the background there's a Space Invaders pinball machine being played.

I'm assuming with EM chimes?

#943 6 years ago

Spotted a Night Rider being worked on by a tech and a Gunsmoke in the Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movie Stir Crazy.

#944 6 years ago

Dolly Parton in Scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse

zombie (resized).jpgzombie (resized).jpg

#945 6 years ago

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but there is a current commercial for COSENTYX (an arthritis medication) withseveral pins can bee seen in a game room, but predominately a Pin*Bot played by a gentleman named Mike.
COSENTYX TV Commercial, 'Watch Me' - Bing video (resized).jpegCOSENTYX TV Commercial, 'Watch Me' - Bing video (resized).jpeg

Also on their website is a testimonial video for CONSENTX with Mike that has him playing a Bally Expressway and him talking about playing pinball.

(Link to website and video) https://www.cosentyx.com/psoriatic-arthritis/index.jsp?site=VH000009&utm_medium=display&dclid=CKXguM-mgdgCFcdpwQod39QLqA

#946 6 years ago

Yep been seeing that one lately...the name was always too confusing for me to remember to mention it

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Also on their website is a testimonial video for CONSENTX with Mike that has him playing a Bally Expressway and him talking about playing pinball.

Forget the Consentx, I'm trying to get my doctor to give me a prescription for more pinball!

Sorry hon... gotta play more. Medical conditions.

1 week later
#948 6 years ago

Just saw a 1962 two player Midway Target Gallery pitch and bat "picked" on American Pickers tonight. Bought for $90, appraised at $700.

1 week later
#949 6 years ago

1991 Movie FREEJACK with Mick Jagger, Emilio Estevez and Rene Russo.
2 scenes with LOST WORLD and PARAGON in a shabby bar, set in the by then futuristic year 2009. LOST WORLD is turned on and PARAGON is turned off. Funny aspect that in the first scene Lost World stands at the left and in the second scene vice-versa.

Mick Jagger Freejack Lost World Paragon (resized).jpgMick Jagger Freejack Lost World Paragon (resized).jpg
Mick Jagger Freejack Paragon (resized).jpgMick Jagger Freejack Paragon (resized).jpg
Mick Jagger Freejack Lost World (resized).jpgMick Jagger Freejack Lost World (resized).jpg

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

1991 Movie FREEJACK with ...

God what a pile of shit that movie was. Had a great trailer at the time, I was working at the movie theatre then, and we were pimped for it coming out. *Thud*

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting
Gameroom Mods
Lighting
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 179.00
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.