(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,724 posts
  • 722 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Captainhook
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240316_212751 (resized).jpg
The Wolverine (resized).JPG
unefemmesousinfluence02-big (resized).jpg
lafilledunsoldatnepleurejamais08-big (resized).jpg
lafilledunsoldatnepleurejamais07-big (resized).jpg
acureforwellness02-big (resized).jpg
acureforwellness01-big (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 7.02.46 PM (resized).png
abeautifullmind02-big (resized).jpg
abeautifullmind01-big (resized).jpg
tremblementdeterre01-big (resized).jpg
Ruby Sparks (2012)  1 (resized).JPG
Ruby Sparks (2012) 2 (resized).JPG
Ruby Sparks (2012) 3 (resized).JPG
Ruby Sparks (2012) 4 (resized).JPG
paiementcash02-big (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

1250 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,724 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 95.
#551 7 years ago

Saw there was some Star Trek talk- anyone ID'd the machine used for the "Q Continuum Galaxy" machine in Voyager when they visit the continuum? It is a fictional game, but I figured someone knows it from the playfield. The episode is "Death Wish"

1 week later
#552 7 years ago

Whitewater and Black Knight my guess in bar science in 2000 movie called Frequency

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think this is a Swedish game show. The translation is pretty rough but this part is called Super Flip and a contestant on the phone has to say flip to make the flippers flip. The pin that is being filmed must be backstage. Can anyone guess the repainted pin she is playing? It looks like a wide body. It reminds me of a Star Race but it's mirrored. The lady has a chance to win a Lights, Camera, Action. Check it out. Starts at 3:31 If you go to the next video the contestant play Stadium Events for the NES.
» YouTube video

Tag Team

#554 7 years ago

A quick glimpse of an EM in the background in episode 5 of The Night Manager. A '77 Gottlieb Jungle Queen?

nightmanager (resized).jpgnightmanager (resized).jpg

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

A quick glimpse of an EM in the background in episode 5 of The Night Manager. A '77 Gottlieb Jungle Queen?

Yes, Jungle Queen.

#556 7 years ago

Just catching up on tv and there was a Road Show in the background of Episode 4 of the FX Show "Atlanta" around the 13 minute mark.

rs (resized).pngrs (resized).png

#557 7 years ago

On Timeless tonight (Season Premiere). There was an old wood rail in the bar scene. One of the supporting cast is playing it. The time line was June 6th 1937.

The pin has a large ball lift arm on the right side, and a coin drop on the lockdown bar. A green playfield, with lots of pins in it.

#558 7 years ago

In the movie "Beerfest" the German team smashes up a classic EM in the Schnitzengiggles bar when they try to buy the American team.off. I didn't get a good look at it as it happened so fast... Anybody know what game it was?

#559 7 years ago

Not really a sighting, but I noticed a fun reference on MST3K. On the episode "The Beatniks" there's a billiard-themed Invention Exchange and Tom Servo says "Eight Ball Deluxe! Quit talkin' and start chalkin'."

#560 7 years ago

There's a recent episode of Wheeler Dealers where they buy a 72 BMW 2002tii in SoCal & there's a Firepower 2 in the garage. Possible Pinsider?

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Firepower II on Wheeler Dealers US on the BMW 2002tii show. Was in the guys garage who sold Mike the car.

Quoted from RCA1:

Just saw this on a re-run and thought I might be the first to notice.
Mike should have got the pinball as part of the deal for the car. It would be cool in Edd's workshop.

Quoted from moto_cat:

There's a recent episode of Wheeler Dealers where they buy a 72 BMW 2002tii in SoCal & there's a Firepower 2 in the garage. Possible Pinsider?

Hey, spot your own games!

#562 7 years ago

Arcade scene in Bad News Bears from 1976 features a bunch of pins.

#563 7 years ago

The Grateful Dead movie has a pinball related opening

#564 7 years ago

Caught this yesterday while watching Seinfeld. It's the episode where the kid was having a bar mitzvah and kissed Elaine. After the incident Elaine goes to talk to him and explain that it takes more than a bar mitzvah to become a man. In the kids room he has a Fireball backglass hanging on his wall (it's either a backglass or poster, or something). You can view it in the YouTube clip around the 0:37 mark.

1 week later
#565 7 years ago

Axs tv worlds best tribute bands, The Who Generation, which is the newest episode this season. Captain Fantastic lit up and prominent on the stage. They played Pinball Wizard of course. "Roger Daltrey" pretended to play the machine during the song.

This band was tolerable. It's the first show of the season I didn't turn off almost immediately because the band was so horrible.

#566 7 years ago

Just saw a High Speed on the HGTV show Lottery Dream Home. The onky Lin in the basement with some drivers and a pool table.

3 weeks later
#567 7 years ago

I've been binge watching The League. Dirty Randy and Rafi are in a strip club and it looks like they are taking turns banging a chick (I think this show is influencing my vocabulary) but the camera pulls back to reveal a pinball machine. Season 5 episode 4.

league (resized).pngleague (resized).png

#568 7 years ago

Spotted this while watching Supergirl. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 5.50.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-11-09 at 5.50.30 PM (resized).png

#569 7 years ago

dmbjunky spotted my personal Joust (Bally, 1969) in Deadpool (2016).

Is it famous now?!
Is it worth more $$$?

Not sure who bought the GTB Volcano from John's Jukes, LTD after the movie filming that was also shown in the shot, as I never asked.

My girlfriend wants me to print out the photo, laminate it, and put it in the coin box.

Deadpool Joust.jpgDeadpool Joust.jpg

#570 7 years ago

Did you still own it when Deadpool was filming? Is that scene on location or was it a set?

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Spotted this while watching Supergirl. Any ideas?

It looks like it's a retheamed Williams pin just like that video game is a retheamed Galaxian (it still has a Galaxian control panel).

#572 7 years ago

There's a new TV ad with a bunch of pinball machines in it. Saw it last night but can't remember what ad it was.

Last weekend I watched Wonder Woman "Skateboard Wiz' again and there are a bunch of late 70s machines including Joker Poker and Mata Hari in an arcade.

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Is it famous now?!
Is it worth more $$$?
Not sure who bought the GTB Volcano from John's Jukes, LTD after the movie filming that was also shown in the shot, as I never asked.
My girlfriend wants me to print out the photo, laminate it, and put it in the coin box.

There was also a Gottlieb Strikes and Spares in that scene.

#574 7 years ago

Is it famous now?!
Is it worth more $$$?

$10K by ChristmaS

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you still own it when Deadpool was filming? Is that scene on location or was it a set?

The game was purchased after filming when it was returned to the dealer.
All games were used on location in Vancouver, BC and augmented with additional games to complete"the right look" for the Skee Ball sequence in Deadpool.

Dealer did not realize the game was easily shown in the scene with his other games rented, they were just to be used as background.
He mentioned it, but not the photo.

Price was paid for a working restoration, but not full restoration or HEP.
It is not classified as "collectible" except to me based on features and art.
I just like Ted Zale designed games and "zipper flippers".

#576 7 years ago

Hotels dot com has a commercial where captain obvious is playing air hockey with a line of pins behind him. TZ is the only one I remember being there but there were lots.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Hotels dot com has a commercial where captain obvious is playing air hockey with a line of pins behind him. TZ is the only one I remember being there but there were lots.

Most machines I have seen in a commercial in a while.
Stern, BLY, Sega, WMS, and others.

#578 7 years ago

American Graffiti

no2 (resized).JPGno2 (resized).JPG

#579 7 years ago

Most machines I have seen in a commercial in a while.
Stern, BLY, Sega, WMS, and others.
» YouTube video

Either that arcade has two Addams Familys or they rearranged the set to shoot the reverse angle on the kid.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

That's the ad I was talking about. If that row of machines doesn't get peoples attention, I don't know what will.

#581 7 years ago

Whirlwind in the opening scene of NATURAL BORN KILLERS

#582 7 years ago

Has anyone mentioned this scene from Rocky 3, when Paulie smashes the Rocky Pinball machine? I remember the scene vividly.

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

Peter Gunn update: bad guys torched an entire penny arcade. Among the victims a Chicago Coin's Thing and a couple of other unindentifiable tables along w/other sweet arcade novelities.

Peter Gunn is on the Decades binge again and STILL couldn't identify any of the other games burnt up in that penny arcade damnit!!!

#584 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Has anyone mentioned this scene from Rocky 3, when Paulie smashes the Rocky Pinball machine? I remember the scene vividly.
» YouTube video

Little known fact, the backglass was custom made for that special scene. The game was not Rocky. The Rocky game did not exist yet (it was in whitewood stage had not even been prototyped), and artwork had not been created or approved by Sylvester Stallone.

Additionally, there are more than ONE of these backglasses that were made for filming, in case the movie take "went bad".
The movie glass was EXTREMELY fragile (and much thinner than a backglass of the period) to give a dramatic breaking effect.
Several other collectors actually own the filming backglass, and can occasionally be seen for comparison.
The biggest difference is "Rocky logo color striping" and changes to background on the film backglass which is absent from the production game. Lack of score display windows and improper Gottlieb script style logo is also a complete giveaway of the status of the prop with movie style breakable "plate" glass, versus tempered safety glass which was standard after around 1980 (which the change of processes is a contribution to backglass problems with flaking along with the inking process and glass heat treatments).
Rocky pinball was produced started in September 1982, Rocky III was released in May 1982.
Pauli can be seen standing next to a Bally Space Invaders when he throws the bottle into the machine.

Rocky BGs (resized).jpgRocky BGs (resized).jpg

#585 7 years ago

Little known fact, the backglass was custom made for that special scene. The game was not Rocky. The Rocky game did not exist yet, and artwork had not been created or approved by Sylvester Stallone.

I didn't know that. Thanks

#586 7 years ago

Happy Endings, season 2, episode 7: Dave plays a Fireball Home Edition at the bar, re-themed as "Lizard Lounge."

#587 7 years ago

Rocky's neck grew dramatically between the movie and the final pin.

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

» YouTube video

They smash a couple up in HBO series Quarry in second to last episode of the season.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

They smash a couple up in HBO series Quarry in second to last episode of the season.

I haven't herd of that show. I'll check it out. Cheers.

#590 7 years ago

4 Million BC spotted in this week's episode of Timeless.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

4 Million BC spotted in this week's episode of Timeless.

There is also a pin in the bar scene, it is in the background, out of focus. This is the second Timeless episode with pins on screen. Some one on the show likes them. The series is filmed in Vancouver.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

There is also a pin in the bar scene, it is in the background, out of focus. This is the second Timeless episode with pins on screen. Some one on the show likes them. The series is filmed in Vancouver.

BTW - 4 Million BC in a time travel show? They not only like pins, they're having fun with their job!

#593 7 years ago

The new hotels.com commercial has a big row of pins in the background. One of which is the Adams family.

#594 7 years ago

Didn't see it posted, but in the new TMNT there's a Star Trek and I believe TWD in the bar scene with Bebop and Rocksteady

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Saw a single player EM during Sons of Anarchy Season 7. Episode 6. It was on and lit, but never in focus in any of the shots, so hard to ID.

Season4, episode 2 of Sons of Anarchy, there is an Evil Kenivil SS in the "Club House". At least it's the first time I saw it in there.

#596 7 years ago

Pins were spotted in the film Everybody Wants Some earlier in the thread. The lineup includes Capt Fantastic, Kiss, Lost World, Space Invaders, Gorgar and Black Knight. Lots of arcade standups in the arcade, too. I've got the clip up on my Instagram, username creditdotpinball.

000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg

#597 7 years ago

Credit my wife for this one: an episode of the Gilmore Girls featured a Stern Memory Lane, a Revenge from Mars and a Bally Night Rider (the EM version!). I've got this clip up on my Instagram account, too.

(Coincidentally, the character in the screen capture below has the same look on his face that I did when my wife asked me to watch an episode of Gilmore Girls...)

000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg

#598 7 years ago

in the new-ish TMNT cartoon (2012) you can see the turtles have a pinball machine in the background. its called Space-Heroes and i looks to me like a re-themed Evel Knievel.

tmnt pinball2 (resized).jpgtmnt pinball2 (resized).jpg

tmnt pinball (resized).jpgtmnt pinball (resized).jpg

tmnt pinball 3 (resized).jpgtmnt pinball 3 (resized).jpg

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

in the new-ish TMNT cartoon (2012) you can see the turtles have a pinball machine in the background. its called Space-Heroes and i looks to me like a re-themed Evel Knievel.

Caught this last night:
A 2014 episode of Squidbillies on Adult swim titled "Taint Misbehaving" Dan Halen has a piled collection of "Post war Hitler memorabilia" that includes a Hitler themed pinball called "Flipper This Fuhrer". It's shown twice in the episode.

#600 7 years ago

It looks computer generated to me, in other words, fake.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 180.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
16,500 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, TX
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
There are 4,724 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.