(Topic ID: 26437)

Pinball in movies or TV shows? Name a game you have seen in the background?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,842 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.50.10?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.49.28?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.47.42?PM (resized).png
439348452_865288872293409_193572636319697598_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.42.13 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 10.41.42 AM (resized).png
Whos that knocking at my door (resized).JPG
Bad News Tour - Fortune (resized).png
surlacorderaide06-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide04-big (resized).jpg
surlacorderaide01-big (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
WUSA 1 (resized).jpg
WUSA 2 (resized).jpg
Flip A Card (resized).JPG
Card Trix (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

1274 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 97.
#451 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Looks like a Ballys Freedom

Thanks. Artwork looks really cool on it. Very patriotic

#452 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Artwork looks really cool on it. Very patriotic

In the year 1976 everything was red white and blue, and it was one big party!

#453 8 years ago

There's a pin in S2E1 of daredevil. Can't remember what pin, but it was in the bar scene with the biker gang

#454 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Anyone know what game this is behind Mike on last night's American Pickers? The cabinet is awesome and backglass looks like ring girls?

20160406_211123.jpg20160406_211109.jpg

yes it is a Bally Feedom EM Version
Early production EM had "1776" and "1976" on the back glass, Bally took the dates off the backglass so the game would not be "dated" in years to come.

freedom_(resized).jpgfreedom_(resized).jpg

free_(resized).jpgfree_(resized).jpg

#455 8 years ago

That 70's Show: "Holy Crap" from the second season.

At the HUB a Williams LITTLE CHIEF can be seen, it is where the jukebox was and the jukebox is whre the TRAVEL TIME pin was.

#456 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This topic may have been started in the past but let's go after it again. I am watching Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and just noticed a pinball game in Lex Luther's room in the background about half way through the movie. Could not tell but maybe Firepower?

2 machines, a Vector, and BK, or B2K.

#457 8 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

That 70's Show: "Holy Crap" from the second season.
At the HUB a Williams LITTLE CHIEF can be seen, it is where the jukebox was and the jukebox is whre the TRAVEL TIME pin was.

I just watched this episode the other night and noticed that! I delivered a Little Chief that was purchased at TPF. Funny how I had never seen the pin before I delivered one and then see it in That 70's Show. Lol.

3 weeks later
#458 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Criminal Minds - Season 10 Episode 8 from about a month ago - About 16:30 in.
Second one is molested Whirlwind, not sure what the first one is.

That same Galaxy was on Agents of Shield tonight as well as a Diner.

#459 7 years ago

Just noticed that as well. What's even better is they we're playing it!

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Just noticed that as well. What's even better is they we're playing it!

Yeah, but I don't remember Galaxy having chimes thou.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Yeah, but I don't remember Galaxy having chimes thou.

The editors tend to stick the chime sounds in no matter what the game is. I saw a mustang in a show, and it had chimes going off while the game was being played.

agents-1_(resized).pngagents-1_(resized).png

agents-2_(resized).pngagents-2_(resized).png

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The editors tend to stick the chime sounds in no matter what the game is. I saw a mustang in a show, and it had chimes going off while the game was being played.

What show is that from? It has a neat backglass.

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What show is that from? It has a neat backglass.

Agents of shield

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think that is for two reasons:
- the chimes are sort of a universal pinball sound that most viewers can quickly understand
- if you use the sounds that come with modern games, they might get into an issue with paying for rights (esp the music) Look at all the hassle WKRP had with the music when it came time for DVD box sets.

#465 7 years ago

A couple of Gottlieb Polo heads and can't make out what else.....

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The editors tend to stick the chime sounds in no matter what the game is.

Checking with my shield connections now...

Editor edits everything with original audio and then "sound team" replaces all the audio

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from Tigger64:

I think that is for two reasons:
- the chimes are sort of a universal pinball sound that most viewers can quickly understand
- if you use the sounds that come with modern games, they might get into an issue with paying for rights (esp the music) Look at all the hassle WKRP had with the music when it came time for DVD box sets.

Chimes are used because they don't require licensing soundbites. They go through the trouble of "greeking" the machines to change the names (I've seen Pin*Bot become PinBo, or, my favorite, Earthshaker became Art Shaker) they have to do the same with the sounds. I don't pretend to understand what would happen if they would just leave the name intact on a game, but there's money behind it, I'm sure...

#468 7 years ago

The opening to Cop Land has Stallone playing LW3 with original sounds and DMD animations. Starts around 1:15 mark. A great line by Ray Liotta starts around 3:46.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I know. It was just a joke. Even when the Tardis on Doctor Who had pinball machine parts in the console, it used the same sound effects.

1 week later
#470 7 years ago

Anybody know what game was in the show or movie "The man from Uncle" ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#471 7 years ago

There is a Stern Electronics Lightning in Pink Floyds: The Wall

#472 7 years ago

Spotted early in Deadpool in the arcade scene:

A Gottlieb Volcano,
a Gottlieb Strikes and Spares
and a Bally Joust

#473 7 years ago

Just saw a Jungle Queen in AMCs the Night Manager.

#474 7 years ago

I was watching an episode of Perry Mason called The Case of the Telltale Tap from 1965 and this one was in the corner of the bar in the opening scene. Couldn't figure out what it was though. The grainy youtube catch doesn't help.

Telltale.jpgTelltale.jpg

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was watching an episode of Perry Mason called The Case of the Telltale Tap from 1965 and this one was in the corner of the bar in the opening scene. Couldn't figure out what it was though.

That is going to be a toughy. Score reels in the lower center, maybe. Could it be an import? There appears to be gaffers tape across the coin door, and something spread across the backglass in a 'Z' shape, as part of that cover up overlaps the side of the back box.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#476 7 years ago

So in the Agents of SHIELD episode, what was the backglass originally for the one that was being played? I love how the name is nonexistent, but it has working a working score display. It's the 2nd pic in ForceFlow's post. I'm stumped. Saw the Diner a mile away..

Okay it IS a galaxy. Took a while for me to put it together on what the set designers re-drew it to make it look more ambiguous.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That is going to be a toughy. Score reels in the lower center, maybe. Could it be an import? There appears to be gaffers tape across the coin door, and something spread across the backglass in a 'Z' shape, as part of that cover up overlaps the side of the back box.

It was easier to see when I was half asleep watching it. but I was so drousy I thought it was a woodrail at first. Then I though it might be a Bally because of the coin door. Now it looks more lie a Williams game like Full House with the score reels like that, but without the dropdown cabinet.

#478 7 years ago

Watching Daisy play Galaxy on Agents of Shield and hearing the EM sound effects reminded me of how every video game on TV up to and including Street Fighter and Doom used to have Atari 2600 Pac-Man sound effects slapped on them.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Watching Daisy play Galaxy on Agents of Shield and hearing the EM sound effects reminded me of how every video game on TV up to and including Street Fighter and Doom used to have Atari 2600 Pac-Man sound effects slapped on them.

Are you sure you don't mean Yar's Revenge? I feel like that one gets the most usage.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

... or Crazy Climber and Omega Race. Hear their sounds used in a lot of T.V. shows and movies.

1 month later
#481 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

In Men In Black III agent K enters Cosmic Lanes. There are 3 Pins there. Anyone have a clue? The first is a baseball game two player animated backbox. 2nd is a Gottlieb wedge head. the last one looks like another baseball themed game.
But they should not have been there since the ban on pinball machines in New York in 1969.

Such a ban wouldn't apply to the MIBs...after all they were a ultra-secret organization that "doesn't exist"...right?

#482 7 years ago

Recently spotted:
The Last Dragon/Williams Tri-Zone (in pizza parlor)

Burglar/ Williams Warlok & Bally Spy Hunter (various bars)
NOTE: just saw the Spy Hunter while flipping thru channels while it was on again today-didn't notice it before

#483 7 years ago

Like 13 minutes into the movie "Everybody Wants Some". There is a whole wall with 6-7 pins in a pool hall. It's shown for a good 30 seconds on and off.

#484 7 years ago

Crazy watching that show right now lol

Quoted from Donnyman:

Like 13 minutes into the movie "Everybody Wants Some". There is a whole wall with 6-7 pins in a pool hall. It's shown for a good 30 seconds on and off.

#485 7 years ago

Saw a ADAMS FAMILY in the background of a bar scene in a episode of SOPRANOS

#486 7 years ago

Stern Lightning in the background of Pink Floyd The Wall

#487 7 years ago

Bad Day at Black Rock (1955)
with Spencer Tracy, Ernest Borgnine, Lee Marvin, Walter Brennan and Robert Ryan and Anne Francis
There is a 2-3 minute scene in a cafe diner with Robert Ryan playing a Genco Follies of 1940 in background
while Ernst and Spencer duke it out, actually the outmatched (one armed) Spencer uses karate/judo to combat the burly Ernst.

Movie takes place just after the end of WWII in a small desert town in California.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=911&picno=11676

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047849/mediaviewer/rm258781184

#488 7 years ago

Very bad movie from 1980

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from Svendtube:

bad movie from 1980

soon to be a pinball cult classic

#490 7 years ago

On the internet show '120 Sports', they have a SlugFest on the set.

#491 7 years ago

Has someone mentioned the pin in The Big Short? A corner of the cabinet is shown for about two seconds, but I think it might be a Stern Stars.

#492 7 years ago

Watching the Peter Gunn weekend marathon on the Decades TV channel ( they call it the Decades Binge BTW) and just saw a Gottlieb Roto Pool; great view of the playfield-only way I could ID it 8)-will continue to watch & report.

#493 7 years ago

Peter Gunn update: bad guys torched an entire penny arcade. Among the victims a Chicago Coin's Thing and a couple of other unindentifiable tables along w/other sweet arcade novelities.

1 week later
#494 7 years ago

In Crocodile Dundee II about eight minutes in when he is in the bar having a beer there is a game in the back left corner, not sure what it is at the moment but has red led scoring on display.

#495 7 years ago

Bob's Country Bunker

#496 7 years ago

TV Commercial for Hotels.com, Captain Obvious is playing air hockey in an arcade, behind him is a row of pins.

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Kutcher has a sky jump in his apartment in What Happens in Vegas.
Saw a Bow and Arrow in the pawn shop in the Book of Eli.

No, it was a FREE FALL the Add-A-Ball version. the Titles is Clearly visible when Kutcher is play tennis on his Wii. Note that the apartment is in New York City, and replay games are considered gambling devices.

#498 7 years ago

Dirty Harry the enforcer. 1976. He's shooting pool. What em is behind him?

Mof

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Dirty Harry the enforcer. 1976. He's shooting pool. What em is behind him?
Mof

Screengrab for reference:

enforcer_(resized).pngenforcer_(resized).png

#500 7 years ago

Big Indian and Duotron ???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 72.50
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
There are 4,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.