Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    39105520-brigde-on-the-hana-highway-across-the-wailua-nui-stream-near-the-upper-waikuni-falls-on-maui-island-_(resized).jpg
    1077973_(resized).jpg
    Travaasa_Hana_usn_8_(resized).jpg
    pgal-95713-1311612985-full_(resized).jpg
    DSCF3710_(resized).JPG
    DSCF3705_(resized).JPG
    DSCF3720_(resized).JPG
    cool_Cats.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago

Man, all this talk of Maui and nobody suggested staying in Hana, which I think is the best part of the island by far. The resort is expensive and not super ritzy but you can't beat that location. That's the "real" Hawaii as far as I'm concerned. Wailea is great for it's perfect weather and the Monkey Pod has great drinks but that part of the island is fabricated. I got bored of Lahiaina the quickest. It sort of reminded me of Myrtle Beach or something with all the tourist stuff and T-shirts. The art galleries were cool but one night there was enough for me.

2 weeks later
    #44 8 years ago

Nice one. My wife and I went up and hiked in the cold rain with very little visibility. It was pretty damn surreal.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Me and my wife drove over to Hana in about 1994.The people there didn't seem to like tourists at all.We felt like we were in a bad part of town.Could'nt wait to get back to Kehei.I don't know if it's any different now.

LOL. Bad part of town

pgal-95713-1311612985-full_(resized).jpgpgal-95713-1311612985-full_(resized).jpg

Travaasa_Hana_usn_8_(resized).jpgTravaasa_Hana_usn_8_(resized).jpg

1077973_(resized).jpg1077973_(resized).jpg

39105520-brigde-on-the-hana-highway-across-the-wailua-nui-stream-near-the-upper-waikuni-falls-on-maui-island-_(resized).jpg39105520-brigde-on-the-hana-highway-across-the-wailua-nui-stream-near-the-upper-waikuni-falls-on-maui-island-_(resized).jpg

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

What I meant is the native people over there didn't like tourists.It was very beautiful.Dangerous drive though.

I met a good deal of locals when I was there and they were pretty cool to me. I think a lot of tourists are kind of invasive and brutish so I always try to be really respectful and observant, don't step on any toes and that usually works. They really do hate the slow drivers though cause they've seen it all a million times and they're just trying to get to the doctor, grocery store, movies, or whathaveyou. If you pull over so they can pass they really appreciate that. When I think about it, some of my best experiences in "foreign" places were in situations where locals are perceived to be "hostile" to tourists. Buying people a drink goes a long way to letting them know you're not an asshole!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-maui?tu=Jam_Burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.