Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    39105520-brigde-on-the-hana-highway-across-the-wailua-nui-stream-near-the-upper-waikuni-falls-on-maui-island-_(resized).jpg
    1077973_(resized).jpg
    Travaasa_Hana_usn_8_(resized).jpg
    pgal-95713-1311612985-full_(resized).jpg
    DSCF3710_(resized).JPG
    DSCF3705_(resized).JPG
    DSCF3720_(resized).JPG
    cool_Cats.jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Was there visiting my brother in Kula and drove the west side around past Kapalua to Kahalui. Man felt like amazon jungle with people way off the grid and single tiny roads but of course there was a taco truck..

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

What I meant is the native people over there didn't like tourists.It was very beautiful.Dangerous drive though.

I met a good deal of locals when I was there and they were pretty cool to me. I think a lot of tourists are kind of invasive and brutish so I always try to be really respectful and observant, don't step on any toes and that usually works. They really do hate the slow drivers though cause they've seen it all a million times and they're just trying to get to the doctor, grocery store, movies, or whathaveyou. If you pull over so they can pass they really appreciate that. When I think about it, some of my best experiences in "foreign" places were in situations where locals are perceived to be "hostile" to tourists. Buying people a drink goes a long way to letting them know you're not an asshole!

#53 8 years ago

Been on the island for 10 days now. Awesome! Pinball? Who has time for pinball? Zip lining tommorow.

#54 8 years ago

I'm here for two more months till the rain stops in Vancouver lol. I would love to find some pinball, sadly I have been coming since 75 and the machines are now nowhere to be found! PDXmonkey on his way to visit thats entertainment enough!

#55 8 years ago

well fly over here then and sight see, we have a few games for you to play.

6 months later
    #56 7 years ago

In Maui now, no need for pinball when you have too much else. Sorry I just enjoy the break.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

5 months later
    #57 7 years ago

In Maui right now. No pins anywhere. Forget the resorts, get a condo in Napili on Honokeana cove . We do this every time.

Damn tv commercial for cool cats still shows pinball machines too, lol.

Maybe I need to move here and open an arcade in Lahaina on Front Street.

#58 7 years ago

Heading to Maui in couple weeks for my 10 year anniversary. My parents bought a town home in the ho'olei. It is part of the Grande Wailea. Should be great to get away. No pinball in the unit because I think maintenance would be a nightmare but I am thinking of putting an ultimate arcade in there.
    Anyway we rent the unit out, so if anyone is looking for an upscale townhome with all of amenities of the grande Wailea PM me.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-maui/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.