Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chief
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Why is there nowhere to play pinball in this city?!

After a bad day in the office there's nothing better than sinking a couple of beers and flicking a small siver ball around.

...Too many more days like this and I'll have to start my own pinball arcade.

#3 9 years ago

+1 for the Pipeline, Thomas the owner is super nice and knows his Pinball. Generally a number of tournaments held there throughout the year as well

#4 9 years ago

Cheers guys - The Pipeline looks cool, but the one time I went out there it was shut.

Problem is London's a pretty huge city and too many of those venues listed on the map with a single machine are out in the suburbs. I've made trips specifically to a couple of them in the past only to find a neglected, poorly set-up and/or out-of-order machine... Maybe-worth-going-to-if-you're-in-the-area type places.

Really need a hall-of-fame type arcade museum; but in the meantime I'll try the Pipeline. Thanks!

#5 9 years ago

The Pipeline is usually open late, I know if I go there at the weekend I think it doesn't open until 4:00 on a Saturday. Not sure about the week, they have a website. You can probably get their opening times there.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jalapeno5:

Cheers guys - The Pipeline looks cool, but the one time I went out there it was shut.
    Problem is London's a pretty huge city and too many of those venues listed on the map with a single machine are out in the suburbs. I've made trips specifically to a couple of them in the past only to find a neglected, poorly set-up and/or out-of-order machine... Maybe-worth-going-to-if-you're-in-the-area type places.
    Really need a hall-of-fame type arcade museum; but in the meantime I'll try the Pipeline. Thanks!

I know the feeling. I have to drive up to an hour to get anywhere that has pins on route. Just the way it is these days. Glad we have the places we have.

#7 9 years ago

Pipeline=great!

#8 9 years ago

I've tried several times in London to find pins.
    My best option was the EA office in Guildford
    There's some pins in the loft over the cafe.

Cheers

#9 9 years ago

Hi! First post on pinside!

I think you'll be happy to hear a new pinball location is opening very soon in west London!
    We are 1 min walk from the underground (zone 2)
    Our lineup will be-

Monster Bash
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Medieval Madness
    Cactus Canyon
    Star Trek (Stern)
    Wizard of Oz

All at 50p a game.
    We have a great venue and all our pins are in top shape.
    Looking forward to bringing a brand new pinball destination to London- come visit!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chief:

Hi! First post on pinside!
    I think you'll be happy to hear a new pinball location is opening very soon in west London!
    We are 1 min walk from the underground (zone 2)
    Our lineup will be-
    Monster Bash
    Cirque Voltaire
    Medieval Madness
    Cactus Canyon
    Star Trek (Stern)
    Wizard of Oz
    All at 50p a game.
    We have a great venue and all our pins are in top shape.
    Looking forward to bringing a brand new pinball destination to London- come visit!

That's great news, look forward to hearing more

#11 9 years ago

More info coming soon - we plan to add more pins once we're open!

#12 9 years ago

That sounds fantastic - I'm first in line!

I'm a relative novice, but please let me know if you need any help at all on the maintenance side.

I've got a bit of a problem in that I started with the pin I always really wanted, taught myself a load about them, replaced the parts that needed replacing and have got it 100% working... however I'm a bit scared to strip it down completely, take everything off the playfield and re-decal the thing (which it needs) in case I can't get it back together again.

Sadly it's a bit of a catch 22 as I don't have enough room for a second machine, so if you'd be interested in a loan whilst I take on a new restoration project to practice some of those skills, maybe we can sort something out?

Good luck with the venture and please keep us posted!

In the meantime - I'm off to the EA office; thanks labnip - Guildford's always good for a day out.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks Jalepeno, March isn't far off now!
    Come in for a visit and maybe we can chat about your pins. I also know a great repair guy if you need.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-london-uk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.