Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kevster
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190916_191933 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kinghebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

Yoo! I recently took over Woodland Empires pinball operation in Boise. I've lived here for a very long time and have been competing in pinball tournaments for over 3 years here. There is a private pinball clubhouse/museum called The Ugly Gold Couch. Those guys are very nice and open up the establishment at random times for public freeplay and/or tournaments. Id suggest getting on Facebook and looking up the "treasure valley pinball" page. Its a great hub that posts about most upcoming tournaments, leagues, even public and private gatherings that are all revolving around pinball. Here's a link

https://m.facebook.com/TreasureValleyPinball

You might be able to view it without a Facebook profile, not sure, but the events page is updated regularly. There's actually a pretty active and healthily growing pinball scene in boise. I think I've met some of you in the past or recently, and i hope to meet you all! Keep juggling the steel!

Ps. There is an IFPA ranked tournament at Woodland Empire today(saturday) at 2pm.

20190916_191933 (resized).jpg20190916_191933 (resized).jpg
    #23 4 years ago

JP2 is great. Really good flow. Still early code, but fun modes and lots going on already. Stuck balls are a possibility. I've had 2 ball gates break already on the raptor pen :/ waiting on a replacement again.

PHOF is fun. They are relocating but not sure when. so if you get to see the new location be sure to post pictures. There are some cool and rare games there. Be sure to play the pinball circus, the 3 level pinball game with only 2 produced!

There is a doodle bug in boise at the pinball clubhouse. It is not for sale. There are some great EM's in the collection over there.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from lennyblack:

I love Idaho, but not many pins around. seems that all of the good action is on the east coast.
    Going to Las Vegas in November, should I go to the pinball museum?

Are you in courdelane? I can't speak for northern idaho, but boise has a growing scene. Also the west coast has a great pinball scene. I think Washington has the most pinball tournaments of any state. Oregon and California also have tons of pinball events happening throughout the year! Part of my goal as a new operator in boise is to bring machines to the area that are not publicly available.

1 year later
    #38 2 years ago
    Quoted from kevster:

I got Back to the Future.
    And just learning the basics for now would be excellent

I can give you a crash course on basic playfield cleaning & pitching and leveling your game to spec. Only condition is we get to have a play session on your back to the future after we clean it! I do not think I've played one.

Ps. I own and maintain the pins at Woodland Empire in Boise. I believe it to be the best playing public lineup in Idaho. Games maintained regularly and pitched & leveled to spec. Squares taped around the feet, So if the game is unlevel just gotta slide it back into the squares most likely. Hopefully will be back to running weekly tournaments there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kinghebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-idaho-club?tu=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.