Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kevster
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190916_191933 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

So I know there’s a few Idaho pinball people out there. We all have little groups and subgroups we stay in touch with through other means. I thought I’d put it out here to see if anyone is interested in maintaining a small Idaho-based thread.

#2 5 years ago

Sure...I think its a great idea! Especially since there just aren't that many pinheads in the area so we have to stick together.

#3 5 years ago

And you can come to Utah when you really want to party!

#4 5 years ago

Count me in.

#5 5 years ago

I am in

#6 5 years ago

Here’s my first actually worthwhile post. Anyone know of an avengers anywhere in the Boise area (on location or private collection?)

#7 5 years ago

And send the link to this thread to any pinheads you know locally. Let’s get a bigger group here.

#8 5 years ago

https://pinballmap.com/boise?utf8=%E2%9C%93&region=boise

No avengers listed. That doesn’t mean there isn’t one somewhere there.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

https://pinballmap.com/boise?utf8=%E2%9C%93&region=boise
    No avengers listed. That doesn’t mean there isn’t one somewhere there.

Thanks for the help anyway! I’m hoping someone will pipe up. I want to play one as I have a friend asking about it (mostly based on theme)

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks for the help anyway! I’m hoping someone will pipe up. I want to play one as I have a friend asking about it (mostly based on theme)

Oh...I bet its that one friend with the IM?

#11 5 years ago

Hahaha. Yeah. That guy.

#12 5 years ago

He just needs to get on Pinside and do his own dirty work.

#13 5 years ago

hey neighbors..I am looking to trade my GB Premium for an Indiana Jones or some other interesting deal....I am willing to drive up

let me know if anyone has any ideas or interest.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74053

Thanks
    Todd

7 months later
    #14 4 years ago

Yoo! I recently took over Woodland Empires pinball operation in Boise. I've lived here for a very long time and have been competing in pinball tournaments for over 3 years here. There is a private pinball clubhouse/museum called The Ugly Gold Couch. Those guys are very nice and open up the establishment at random times for public freeplay and/or tournaments. Id suggest getting on Facebook and looking up the "treasure valley pinball" page. Its a great hub that posts about most upcoming tournaments, leagues, even public and private gatherings that are all revolving around pinball. Here's a link

https://m.facebook.com/TreasureValleyPinball

You might be able to view it without a Facebook profile, not sure, but the events page is updated regularly. There's actually a pretty active and healthily growing pinball scene in boise. I think I've met some of you in the past or recently, and i hope to meet you all! Keep juggling the steel!

Ps. There is an IFPA ranked tournament at Woodland Empire today(saturday) at 2pm.

20190916_191933 (resized).jpg20190916_191933 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago

Looks like a fun lineup. I need to get over there and try jp2

#16 4 years ago

I love Idaho, but not many pins around. seems that all of the good action is on the east coast.
    Going to Las Vegas in November, should I go to the pinball museum?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from lennyblack:

Hells yeah!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from lennyblack:

I love Idaho, but not many pins around. seems that all of the good action is on the east coast.

I always enjoy going to the PHOF when I'm in town, but the last few times I've gone the machines were in pretty rough shape.

#19 4 years ago

well, I will go and report back here with some pics. Need to save this thread.
    Btw, I am wanting to find a Doodlebug machine somewhat locally, keep an eye out for me please

#20 4 years ago

At least THIS future Ca. transplant will bring more pinball along as well!

#21 4 years ago

Shhhh, I moved from long beach 20 years ago. don't tell anyone though.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

At least THIS future Ca. transplant will bring more pinball along as well!

Yes!! Being more pinball. Leave the rest of California there. We like to visit it, but don’t want to stay...

#23 4 years ago

JP2 is great. Really good flow. Still early code, but fun modes and lots going on already. Stuck balls are a possibility. I've had 2 ball gates break already on the raptor pen :/ waiting on a replacement again.

PHOF is fun. They are relocating but not sure when. so if you get to see the new location be sure to post pictures. There are some cool and rare games there. Be sure to play the pinball circus, the 3 level pinball game with only 2 produced!

There is a doodle bug in boise at the pinball clubhouse. It is not for sale. There are some great EM's in the collection over there.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from lennyblack:

Are you in courdelane? I can't speak for northern idaho, but boise has a growing scene. Also the west coast has a great pinball scene. I think Washington has the most pinball tournaments of any state. Oregon and California also have tons of pinball events happening throughout the year! Part of my goal as a new operator in boise is to bring machines to the area that are not publicly available.

1 year later
    #25 3 years ago

Can I join? Moving to Eagle in Feb. Bringing 12 pins with me. Going to need some new pinball friends.

Paging Mr Gone. What's your ETA?

#26 3 years ago

Welcome to the valley IdahoRealtor.

Ping me after you get settled in and we can talk some pinball.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Welcome to the valley IdahoRealtor.
    Ping me after you get settled in and we can talk some pinball.

Sounds good. Hopefully robin lets me change my name!

3 weeks later
    #28 3 years ago

We will look forward to including you! Beware the California backlash in idaho! Hahah. You’ll want to get those license plates changes ASAP.

1 month later
    #29 3 years ago

Anyone in the Boise area willing to get together at some point to give me a crash course on pinball care? Got my first one a few months back, and I don't want to get behind on maintenance.

1 week later
    #30 3 years ago

I’d be willing but I’m not the best tech. I do basic stuff but sometimes refer it out to an expert.

What pin did you get?

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I’d be willing but I’m not the best tech. I do basic stuff but sometimes refer it out to an expert.
    What pin did you get?

I got Back to the Future.

And just learning the basics for now would be excellent

#32 3 years ago

Happy to help.

1 month later
    #33 2 years ago

We finally made it out here. Such a nice area. I love it. Half my pins still folded up in the garage. Need to get on that.

#34 2 years ago

Those should have been unpacked first. Everything else is secondary.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

We finally made it out here. Such a nice area. I love it. Half my pins still folded up in the garage. Need to get on that.

Where exactly are they in storage?... asking for a friend...

#36 2 years ago

Are we going to have to ask you to change your pinside name?! Hahahah. Idahoans are pretty cool, except about California immigration. Then we can be downright childish.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Are we going to have to ask you to change your pinside name?! Hahahah. Idahoans are pretty cool, except about California immigration. Then we can be downright childish.

Lol. I'm trying. I asked Robin to change it twice already. I put out a big American flag day 1 to show we weren't Commiefornians.

3 weeks later
    #38 2 years ago
    Quoted from kevster:

I got Back to the Future.
    And just learning the basics for now would be excellent

I can give you a crash course on basic playfield cleaning & pitching and leveling your game to spec. Only condition is we get to have a play session on your back to the future after we clean it! I do not think I've played one.

Ps. I own and maintain the pins at Woodland Empire in Boise. I believe it to be the best playing public lineup in Idaho. Games maintained regularly and pitched & leveled to spec. Squares taped around the feet, So if the game is unlevel just gotta slide it back into the squares most likely. Hopefully will be back to running weekly tournaments there.

2 months later
    #39 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

I can give you a crash course on basic playfield cleaning & pitching and leveling your game to spec. Only condition is we get to have a play session on your back to the future after we clean it! I do not think I've played one.
    Ps. I own and maintain the pins at Woodland Empire in Boise. I believe it to be the best playing public lineup in Idaho. Games maintained regularly and pitched & leveled to spec. Squares taped around the feet, So if the game is unlevel just gotta slide it back into the squares most likely. Hopefully will be back to running weekly tournaments there.

Sorry, I completely disappeared from pinside for a while and totally missed this very kind offer. If it hasn't expired, I'd love to take you up on it And we can absolutely have a play session after! I'll PM you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-idaho-club?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.