Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P_20171012_102852_1_HDR_p (resized).jpg
    file1-2 (resized).jpeg
    file-3 (resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

My GF and I are heading to Iceland at the end of the week. Does anyone know of any pinball in Reykjevic? Accroding to the handy pinside map....0
    I can go without...but..you know ...if it's there...I would have to check it out...

to all my Iceland peeps: Blessaður

#2 10 years ago

I've been there a couple times and, unfortunately, don't recall seeing any pins. Good luck on the hunt.

#3 10 years ago

...and zero owner listed on pinball owners... does not smell good.

Good luck with the Hunt. I can tell you, finding a pin a Singapore was hard. I eventually found the phone of the local Stern reseller and asked. It worked !

#4 10 years ago

Reykjevic has a very happening nightlife so I am hopeful

#5 10 years ago

I was there on my honeymoon. No pins in public locations that I could find. There are a few gambling houses that have slot machines, and there is a neat karoke bar though! We met some locals at the karoke bar, and they showed us around. We ended up at a pretty crazy house party, it was FUN!

TLDR: No pins, lots of fun other stuff in Rekyavik.

#6 10 years ago

I think you are out of luck as far as pinball goes. I have been to Iceland several times and never found any pinball. Your time would probably be better spent wandering the city and countryside. Have a couple of street hotdogs for me.

#7 10 years ago

Was there last year while visiting London for the Olympics.

No Pinball, but tons of other cool things to see instead.

#8 10 years ago

I think the city is ripe for an operator.

#9 10 years ago

Have a great, safe trip Todd and take some pics for me(;

#10 10 years ago

Only pinball I saw while there was a funhouse in the back of a restaurant/greenhouse and it was turned off.

#11 10 years ago

well then they will sell it to me

3 months later
    #12 10 years ago

At what restaurant was that pinball machine? Greenhorn1

3 months later
    #13 9 years ago

There are 60 pinball machines in Iceland, and many of them were brough there by the US military. One guy owns half of them - at least he did until recently. That's got to be a record - I bet no-one has anythng like that in any other Western country.

There's a story about him at http://pavlovpinball.com/?p=879

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from mfresh:

I bet no-one has anythng like that in any other Western country.

Great article though.

#15 9 years ago

I do actually know the guy in that article (Iceland is a very small country).
    He didn´t own so many pinball machines but had around 30 arcade and pinball machine. He did recently sell a good load of his machines and there were couple of guys that bought from him, including me. The people that bought most of his collection are opening night club/arcade ( not sure ) downtown (miðbæ). He did keep for himself the pinball machine he really enjoy playing like addams, guns and roses, indiana jones and etc

4 months later
    #16 9 years ago

Glad to see there is now a pinball bar in Reykjavik. Mjog gott!

Bless bless fra Kanada!

1 year later
    #17 7 years ago

I went a year ago and there is a place called freddi that had about 6 pins. Going again this december so hoping to find some more.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#18 7 years ago

I tried to go to Freddi when I was there but they closed a few hours early and I didn't have time the next day to check it out (flew out before they opened). A few blocks from here is an awesome Big Lebowski themed bar too, by the way.

#19 7 years ago

Went to Freddi last summer. First time they were closed, second they were open. 5 machines up and a couple arcades, they were in good working order though, so props for that. Also got a couple matches so they are set pretty good in player's favor I think.

4 months later
    #20 7 years ago

Going back over in 2 weeks so hopefully freddi will be open.
    We went in the lebowski bar and had white russians.
    I told them about the upcoming pin (2 yrs ago)
    But i think the price plus import tax just put the whole idea into touch.
    Maybe they went for it in the end, we will have to see.
    Anyone found any other icelandic pin places?
    I emailed the guy who restored a lot of the pins but he never replied, ce la vie.

3 months later
    #21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mooseman:

We went in the lebowski bar and had white russians.

what was this bar called? I am going to be there in two days.

#22 7 years ago

It's actually the Big Lebowski bar. Went in 2015 when we were there....you know when you see it for sure. It's amazing what they have there for bars.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

It's actually the Big Lebowski bar.

cool! I look forward to going.....It be awesome if they had the lebowski pin.....seems a must given the theme.

#24 7 years ago

So jealous. I was there last November. Iceland is pure magic. Reykjavík is a really small city, the Lebowski bar is SUPER obvious... it's on very well travelled street. Freddi is a bit more tucked away, but simple enough to find with google maps. Have a blast!

file-3 (resized).jpegfile-3 (resized).jpeg

file1-2 (resized).jpegfile1-2 (resized).jpeg

7 months later
    #25 6 years ago

Fwiw, just got back from Iceland. Unfortunately no TBL in Lebowski bar. However there are a few choice titles at Freddi. It didn't open until after I was already on the road for the airport, but here's a pic through the window.

P_20171012_102852_1_HDR_p (resized).jpgP_20171012_102852_1_HDR_p (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #26 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Fwiw, just got back from Iceland. Unfortunately no TBL in Lebowski bar. However there are a few choice titles at Freddi. It didn't open until after I was already on the road for the airport, but here's a pic through the window.

Heading there in a few months and on to Amsterdam. I’ll stop by and check it out.

1 week later
    #27 6 years ago

I just stopped by and they were closed for remodeling.

1 year later
    #28 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Freddi is still open? According to google maps they are permanently closed, but their facebook which hasn't been updated in a year says nothing. We're going to Iceland next week and were really looking forward to playing pinball for a bit.

2 years later
    #29 2 years ago

Wondering what happened to the machines at Freddi, asking some locals while I’m in IS. But if anyone has updated pinball tips, please update!

#30 2 years ago

Planning to travel to Iceland from Germany in late August/September. If any Icelandic pinball enthusiasts need any parts to be brought, please send me a ping her via mail, so that I can arrange accordingly.

7 months later
    #31 2 years ago

Heading to Iceland in June. Looks like no pinball left.

#32 2 years ago

Most of them are in home collection, like mine, but freddi is open and has four pinball machines in action.
    Few in the wild to play, so sorry to say

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from beini:

Most of them are in home collection, like mine, but freddi is open and has four pinball machines in action.
    Few in the wild to play, so sorry to say

Oh good to hear freddi is open. Google made it seem like it was gone.

#34 2 years ago

Also ccp has super mario bros and star wars pins to play but it isnt open to everyone

#35 2 years ago

Also, you have to use the facebook page to get info on fredda today

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-iceland?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.