New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 63406)

Pinball in Disney World

By PoMC

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nutshell79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    bay_lake_fireworks.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Going to Disney next month and I thought I remember arcades in some locations. Anyone have a favorite spot to play pinball down there? Bet they keep the games in nice working order and maybe I'll get a chance to play a lot of pins that I've only read about or have seen photos of.

Would love to play a Tron and ACDC.

#2 7 years ago

Maybe they will have a TSPP or a Staragte

#3 7 years ago

I love their TSPP. But you don't care what we think, right?

#4 7 years ago

I love their TSPP. But you don't care what we think, right?

Nope, don't care what you think about my deal for the pin. Not at all.

But for you guys to hijack a thread does no good for this forum and for people performing searches in the future. I left that thread and now you stalk me? Hahahahaha

image.jpg

#5 7 years ago

go to the Contemporary Resort, which has the best maintenance on the pins. They usually have 4 or 5 machines. otherwise, downtown disney (disney quest) has the best selection, but they charge $40+ to get in. If you wait until later in the afternoon/evening, 90% of the time, they drop the entry price in half to $20 or so.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks, never heard of Disney Quest and will check it out for sure. Don't think I've heard of Contemporary Resort either. We're staying in a grand villa at Old Key West and will check if they have an arcade too

#7 7 years ago

Ditto for Contemporary, nice size arcade. It's by the elevators under the Monorail close to the character breakfast/lunch area.

Floridian had a small arcade, no Pins.

#8 7 years ago

Last time I was there they just rolled out a Tron LE in the "Starcade" outside Space Mountain. It's there along with a Cyclone and a crapload of old-school video arcades. Better than the broken lineup of pins they had there in years past!

#9 7 years ago

Good arcade at The Polynesian, but only 2 pins: Tron & POTC.

#10 7 years ago

I was at Disney in July. Disney Quest has the best selection, but it is a bit of a cost to get in -- $45 or so. If you make a day of it though, what the heck. It's got more than pinball there to explore, but it does have about 9 machines. Most were playing decent when I was there, so it seems that, depending on the time you go, the machines could be anywhere from pretty decent to not very well kept up.

#11 7 years ago

i was just in disney a week ago. arcade under space mountain had around 5 pins but one was shut off. avatar, avengerss, transformers (maybe) or was it xmen. cant remember the other two. i didnt play any of them. we got stuck there during a monsoon. we only played the new pacman air hockey table a few times. my girls loved it. they are 5 and 3. it was a blast. they then played some other games but since we have the pins at home, they werent interested in them. have fun.

#12 7 years ago

Animal kingdom villas kidani has 2
    Sterns NASCAR and sterns Indiana jones,
    As mentioned the contemporary is my usual hotspot, the poly has one or two usually,
    Also the beach club had one or two as well,
    Found nothing at old key west, or the boardwalk or grand Floridian or wilderness lodge,
    I'm a DVC member and have stayed at every DVC and deluxe resort on property and frequently tour the other resorts for new things and nostalgia I know of one non deluxe resort that had a POTC but that was a few years ago, the Caribbean resort (lol of course) I'm sure it's still there,
    I actually love it so much down there I bought a house 2 years ago in Windermere 3 miles directly up from Disney so I'm in WDW 6-7 times a year now,
    And I still tour the resorts as much as the parks
    There is a few other spots in Orlando not too far from Disney that has nice arcades and pins too

#13 7 years ago

My mom and her husband are big Disney fans and are DVC members. They have one of those huge villas at Old Key West this year since some additional family will be visiting. Beautiful place to have a mini family reunion. My daughter is 13, so going to enjoy this trip with her before she gets to "teenager" for Disney.

Wife and I were supposed to be in Orlando in May for a conference, but I couldn't go at last minute due to government sequestration. We were given two 7 day Disney passes as a gift for the trip, so now going to convert them to four multiday passes for the whole family.

Think I will drink around the world at Epcot and try to find some pins.

#14 7 years ago

PoMC, I know that you are relatively new to the forums, but you may want to do a search on "Disney" in the threads before posting yet ANOTHER thread about "PINs at DiSn3y W0rlD@?!".

#15 7 years ago

Last time we passed through Disney, I saw this gigantic shiny silver ball.... thing must have been like ten stories tall. I think it was called epcot but I'm pretty sure it must be some kind of pinball arcade place.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

PoMC, I know that you are relatively new to the forums, but you may want to do a search on "Disney" in the threads before posting yet ANOTHER thread about "PINs at DiSn3y W0rlD@?!".

Thought came to my mind and posted while walking to my other office downtown. Too hard to search in an iPhone and walk at the same time. Easier to post and dictate my message.

#17 7 years ago

I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this. If you have park hopper tickets Disney Quest and the water parks are included. So you don't have to worry about that $45 entry fee.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this. If you have park hopper tickets Disney Quest and the water parks are included. So you don't have to worry about that $45 entry fee.

Park hopper just lets you change parks during the day, the water parks are a separate addon. Not sure about DQ but I think that is also separate.

#19 7 years ago

Worth looking into though. Thanks!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Worth looking into though. Thanks!

Different options,
    Single park per day is one price, adding Hopper option to jump between the 4 different parks is additional fee, or can add option to be able to go to Water Parks and stuff, or can add option to add Hopper AND Water/stuff:

- No Options (Base Ticket Only)
    - Add the Park Hopper Option+$59.00 ($59.00/ticket)
    - Add the Water Park Fun & More Option+$59.00 ($59.00/ticket)
    - Add the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options+$84.00 ($84.00/ticket) Buy them together for a great deal!

Personally we did the hopper but skipped the water park option. If you stay on site you're likely already paying a bunch, and each resort area has really nice pools to take a break in.

#21 7 years ago

As a teenager in the late 90's I remember going with my family to Disney World and there was a large arcade with freeplay on everything. I don't remember any pinball, but wasn't into pinball at the time. Not sure if they still have the arcade there or not. I remember being mad at my dad for not revealing this arcade until like the last day we were there since he knew that's where I'd want to spend the whole trip.

Edit: Based on other posts, it was probably Disney Quest.

#22 7 years ago

Luckily I only need to pay family's airfare and meals. Have passes for the parks that were a gift earlier this year. So with the profit from the pin I sold yesterday I'll have free spending money for extras like Disney Quest and what not.

#23 7 years ago

Maybe you can hose someone on pin in Florida and come brag about, again!!! Not following you, it seems you post on everything. Someone didn't get enough attention when they where young? So sad.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Think I will drink around the world at Epcot and try to find some pins.

You won't find any pins at Epcot...however, if you sneak out the back of Epcot, and go to the Beach Club, there was a POTC at the arcade next to Beaches and Cream last time I was there. The food in that resort is the best at Disney, so it's worth making the trip. Cape May (seafood buffet), Beaches and Cream (old fashioned malt shoppe), a killer steakhouse...yeah, it's worth going to.

#25 7 years ago

Pomc - you are so not gay. You are a 90's guy not an 80's guy.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

go to the Contemporary Resort, which has the best maintenance on the pins. They usually have 4 or 5 machines. otherwise, downtown disney (disney quest) has the best selection, but they charge $40+ to get in. If you wait until later in the afternoon/evening, 90% of the time, they drop the entry price in half to $20 or so.

This. The maintenance on pins at Disney is largely horrible, and I do mean HORRIBLE:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-at-disney-report-with-a-pin-you-wont-believe

#27 7 years ago

Maybe you can hose someone on pin in Florida and come brag about, again!!! Not following you, it seems you post on everything. Someone didn't get enough attention when they where young? So sad.

Pomc - you are so not gay. You are a 90's guy not an 80's guy.

Pretty cool being new here and already have followers who hang on my every word.

image.jpg

7 months later
    #28 6 years ago

Instead of starting a new post, I thought I would bump this one.......
    I have a friend staying on the Disney grounds in Florida and was wondering if there was anyone that could update the pinball location scene.......

Thanks in advance!

Chris

#29 6 years ago

Where exactly on Disney grounds, I head there at least 3 times every year

#30 6 years ago

No pins at Old Key West.
    Animal Lodge has 4.....Tron, POTC, Nascar, Indiana Jones
    Contemporary has 4-5 pins in good shape, newer Sterns
    Polynesian has a Tron and POTC, I believe (under construction)
    Space Mountain arcade has Avengers, Avatar, POTC, Indiana Jones, X-men
    Art of Animation Hotel has 1 or 2 pins
    Have not heard good things about Disneyquest Pins, but have not been there myself for many years.
    I'm up there once a month at the Animal Lodge
    No pins at the Boardwalk

#31 6 years ago

I'll be staying at Boardwalk in October. I know they have an arcade right there, so if they've got any pins, that would be rad.

#32 6 years ago

As I recall, and just thinking here, as I was there in January,

But I think it was as you were exiting Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom. POTC was there as well as others. Very cool.

On the other hand it might have been Epcot somewhere,,, NO... I'm pretty sure it was Space Mountain.

#33 6 years ago

Great info guys thanks . I'm always looking but to know the hot spots makes it easy . I'll try to update as I find them . We've got the park hopper til the 2nd and a vehicle so we are going to bounce around a bit. I'm starting to think differently as of late. Pinball is not just a hobby, I've heard it called a sickness or even addiction.
    For some it's more along the lines of a lifestyle. A place for us even at Disney.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jammer74:

Pinball is not just a hobby, I've heard it called a sickness or even addiction.
    For some it's more along the lines of a lifestyle. A place for us even at Disney.

I like to think of it as a lifestyle.... one that I truly enjoy. Something like DisneyWorld. I want to live there. I am not addicted, but it will soon be my lifestyle as I will live there.

Anyhow, Have a blast at DisneyWorld,,,, whoops, I'm sorry, Walt Disney World. The 'Happiest' place on earth. Wow, I miss being there already and it's only been a few months. Just a suggestion... take the private tour... 'Keys to the Magic Kingdom'... you will not be disappointed.

Have a blast. Pinball will be here when you get back.

#35 6 years ago

Was there over a Easter break. Disney Quest had a Tron, Avengers, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man Spider-Man and Two Ultrapins. The pins were surprisingly in good shape.

#36 6 years ago

Leaving Wednesday for a week at Disney World. YAY! Staying at the Boardwalk. I'll be reporting on anything and everything I find. I was in Disney World back in August. Disney Quest was big disappointment then. Got in free with a package deal -- thank God. There were like 9 pins, but I had to turn 4 or 5 of them off as completely unplayable. Major issues. Hoping it'll be better this time....

#37 6 years ago

I was also there for Easter break and stayed at Old Key West. No pins in the arcade at the resort .

I can confirm the pins at the Tomorrowland arcade (near space mtn). AV, PoTC, XM(not working), Avatar, IJ4. It was my first time playing Avengers and I actually enjoyed it!

I was in the Planet Pizza arcade for lunch at Hollywood Studios, but didn't see any pins. Hope all planning a trip there enjoy it as much as my family did. Great memories!

#38 6 years ago

Avengers is sorely underrated. The first time I played it was actually at Port Orleans Riverside...convinced me to buy one!

Heading to Disneyland in July, World in October. Always good to take a bit of time out to play pins!

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Heading to Disneyland in July, World in October. Always good to take a bit of time out to play pins!

Well, Hell Yeah!.... I think I need to sell all of my pins so I have a better reason to move to Disney World as soon as possible.

Oh, I see you are from Indy. It is great that you are visiting the Disney properties. Our tradition is to leave Indy airport each year in January (20 degrees), change into shorts in the bathroom (before boarding the plane), and land in a beautiful paradise in Florida with flip-flops on.

Damn, we had a brutal Winter here in Indiana!

#40 6 years ago

Winter was HORRIBLE here. The chaos it caused was absurd, from closing down the city basically to water mains bursting all over the city. Any time I am out mowing and even thinking of complaining, I just think back to that.

#41 6 years ago

Saying we had a bad winter in Indiana is a MASSIVE understatement...

Also, RD - my wife and I heading to Disney World near the end of October. We'll be staying at the Boardwalk. I know they have an arcade right by the pool. I'll be interested to see if they have any pins there.

#42 6 years ago

Contemporary had Avengers, Tron, Pirates, and Elvis. I really enjoyed Avengers though Pirates seemed to be the popular game there....every time I was in there, someone (or people) were playing it. Avengers got zero love from everyone....the only person I ever saw playing it was me when I wasn't playing stupid ticket games with my kids.

#43 6 years ago

We are heading down 2 weeks from today and will be staying at Bay Lake Towers (connected to the Contemporary) so I will definitely be checking those pins out (as well as the ones at Space Mountain since my boys will be wanting to ride that as often as possible).

Also, I am sad that I missed all the drama from the start of this thread by 7 months and 2 weeks.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Avengers got zero love from everyone....the only person I ever saw playing it was me when I wasn't playing stupid ticket games with my kids.

I am actually looking forward to playing this there since I've never seen one in the wild... want to find out what side of the wildly divisive fence I fall on when it comes to Avengers opinions.

#45 6 years ago

popeboy, check out the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the bar at the top of Bay Lake Towers at about 8 pm, nice view. I'll be up there middle of May....Star Wars weekend at Disney, what a zoo. Flower show at Epcot and Alan Parsons playing at the USA Stage.

#46 6 years ago

There's still the 4 at contemporary. And art of animation has a Tron.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from beepnutz:

popeboy, check out the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the bar at the top of Bay Lake Towers at about 8 pm, nice view. I'll be up there middle of May....Star Wars weekend at Disney, what a zoo.

Definitely will try to see that on the night we are not in the parks. We are going to hit Hollywood Studios on that first Friday of Star Wars weekends since we have never been down at the same time it was running in the past, looking forward to it.

#48 6 years ago

Its Fun to read these posts while living here, and we rarely go out and become tourists in our own backyard!

For those planning trips, IAPPA and a much larger Show coming in November,.
    On the VillageBBS, Parties, events, sale/trade, is a window into Florida's Pinball world.
    If you have time, you can always make a post, if you want to run away and play at someones house.
    Many of us, including myself, gladly open our doors to other pinheads for help with pin withdrawal symptoms when on Vacation

So much to do in Orlando....all the time....

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Many of us, including myself, gladly open our doors to other pinheads for help with pin withdrawal symptoms when on Vacation

I wish, you have a great collection! I'm pretty sure my wife would skin me alive if I skipped out of the family vacation for a while to go play pinball at someone's house.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from popeboy:

I am actually looking forward to playing this there since I've never seen one in the wild... want to find out what side of the wildly divisive fence I fall on when it comes to Avengers opinions.

Well the arcade is next to the bridge to the Bay Lake Tower, so you have to walk by it every time you leave for the monorail (buses are out the front of the tower). I got a game card the first day and played a game in there every time I went by...also picked up the Goofy Candy version of Spree at the store next to the arcade....Spree + pins + Disney = awesomeness

View from the Bay Lake room

bay_lake_fireworks.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 159.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.95
    $ 269.99
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet Parts
    PinballToys
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside