Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tradestim.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider space_pimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

I have lived in mainland China since 2012 and I have searched the malls in over a dozen cities from Beijing to Urumqi. Most malls will have a huge arcade in the basement level, or in some other sweaty windowless area that may be a bit hard to find. Stern NBA Fastbreak is common and will often be placed 2 machines side by side. They are unmodified but have Chinese instruction cards placed on the apron. My theory is that whatever chain that set up these arcades ordered these in bulk as an experiment due to the theme as basketball is very popular in China. I have seen Stern Spiderman twice.

While these arcades are packed full of locals, I have only seen a pinball played one time (and he was smoking and looking at the girls around him more than he looked at the game lol!). But they are crazy about those dance games, rhythm games, racing games, coin pushers, and Chinese made games that are like gambling where you win tickets or sometimes more tokens. There are these big tables like a sit down air-hockey but its a big flat screen showing water with fish that swim by and about 8 people will be sitting around it using joysticks to catch the fish. It looks incredibly boring to me but it's always full!

You best bet for pinball in Asia would be a quick trip to Hong Kong, Bangkok, or Tokyo. Mainland China is great but you need to have lots of patience and an open mind. You will never see so many exotic cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Bentley in your life!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider space_pimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-china?tu=space_pimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.