Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would not say that in a public forum. Don't say bad things about people who smash pinballs without a care. They may come to your house and get your's next!

Over my dead body-- and if they try entering my house without my consent, I can legally shoot them dead where they stand.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Insert Cheap Plug Here:
    "You Want Pinball in Atlanta, you say?? Why, there'll be PLENTY of pinball in Atlanta come next June 20-22 at the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo!!"
    2014 PAPA Pinball Circuit, Barry Oursler, John Trudeau, Over 100 Pins and Vids! Heck, even Billy Mitchell is coming!
    http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com
    follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates!
    https://www.facebook.com/southernfriedgameroomexpo
    https://twitter.com/SFGameroomExpo

Can't wait. its on my calendar already.

#53 10 years ago

Smashing machines of limited value just for a tax write off or whatever it is is just plain (insert f-ed upped words here). Pisses me off to hear about really though I've heard this before. Why destroy something, anything (doesn't have to be pins) that someone could use. Hell, donate the machine to charity for writeoff and some charity could rake in the bucks saving machines from 'entertainment hell'.

#54 10 years ago

The really pathetic thing, shimoda, is that the value isn't even that limited. I'm pretty sure that no matter their condition, every one of those machines is worth at least half what they paid for them, and probably closer to two-thirds on average. There's no freaking way they're getting that kind of return on a tax write-off.

#55 10 years ago

Headed to Highlander now if anyone wants to play a lil Iron Man

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Headed to Highlander now if anyone wants to play a lil Iron Man

What kinda shape is that IM in these days. It was a little off balance and a little dirty the last time i made it down there. Have fun Gene, sorry I couldn't get things together for a chat.

#57 10 years ago

It's not bad, but then I'm used the crap ass one at Elbo Room in SF. The flippers have decent strength and the pop bumpers work fine so to me that's not too bad. Compared to Adam's amazing Iron Man @ Flipperspiel though, it's not near as good. The tilt is almost non-existent, and as such, I practiced death saves a lot and was decently successful and even taught a newbie, who was able to do it twice. A few pix: http://store.orangephotography.com/sfpins

Oh, and who's LLK?

Quoted from joelreeves:

What kinda shape is that IM in these days. It was a little off balance and a little dirty the last time i made it down there. Have fun Gene, sorry I couldn't get things together for a chat.

4 weeks later
    #58 10 years ago

Went downtown east to Joystick Gamebar last night and played T2 and Big Guns. Both were in decent, playable condition. Joystick also has 10 more arcade games also. Cool place.
    Next went to Manuel's Tavern, which is an Atlanta classic, to watch the game and they have Family Guy and Spider Man. Family Guy is OK shape. Stewie Pinball might not work and it is a little off balance. Right flipper on Spider Man was getting stuck.
    Met a guy who played EM's in the day and I showed him where the pins were at Manuel's and he played a couple of games. Fun seeing him get annoyed at himself for missing shots even though he had not played in years. He was suprised I had a couple of pins at my house. Mabey because he thought I was a little young for them at 42? I am going to forward info to him on the Nov. 9th Pin meet.
    I will add locations on Pinball Rebel. Thanks

11 months later
    #59 9 years ago

just moved to east atl. real close to little 5 points.
    Are there any locations close with machines?

#60 9 years ago

Chuck-e-cheese has destroyed their retired equipment since the dawn of the company.

Something about taxes or depreciated equipment or something ... beats me.

But unless you know someone at the store, and can slip the retired equipment out the back door, you're not gonna buy games from them. Except in pieces.

Namco, OTOH, for eons, has made a ton of money on retired equipment sales.

In the "old days" it wasn't uncommon for pin sale prices to be well below $1k.

Two large operators, two vastly different policies.

#61 9 years ago

The Joystick Game Bar, has a few pins and video games. Might want to call and see exactly what they have. Their website says only T2, but there have been videos posted that had other games.
    http://www.joystickgamebar.com/

Also, if you have a Taco Mac near you, some of their locations have an arcade. I know the one in Woodstock, which is not near you, had an Avengers.

#62 9 years ago

Subscribe to the gapas mailer. There are parties and tournaments from time to time. They are usually first announced there.

#63 9 years ago

We are having a charity tournament this Saturday. Here is a link to the Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/events/801105326620407/815633441834262/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

I believe Little Five Points Pizza still has a BOP on free play. I haven't been there for a few months so can't say for sure.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

Subscribe to the gapas mailer. There are parties and tournaments from time to time. They are usually first announced there.

I run GAPAS so if you have any questions that aren't on the site at http://www.gapas.net, feel free to PM me. When I moved to the area 11 years ago, this is how I met the local pinball scene. I was still commuting from New Jersey when a party came up and I was staying in a hotel. I went to the party and started meeting the great people in this area. When GAPAS went black a few years ago, I restarted it so that we could still have a way to meet new people and share our collections. In 2012, I was lucky enough to have a party when Python Anghelo was in town and he came. There are pictures on the GAPAS website. GAPAS is very special to me for so many reasons.

#65 9 years ago

Sorry, Overall Joystick is pretty lame.

T2 and a Dolly Parton as of 3 weeks ago. Dolly Parton, do I need to say anything else...

Lots of fighting games and a couple of classic vids.

However, Good selection of beer, and the Cheeseburger was really good.

9 months later
    #66 8 years ago

Hey Atlanta friends - in town for business thought I would revive this to see if any new (better) pinball options have popped up. Gotta be a TWD somewhere, right? We're in their home turf!

Staying in buckhead area. Thanks!

3 months later
    #67 8 years ago

I know this is an old thread but I just moved to Atlanta. Looking for locations to play, leagues, groups, pretty much anything to do with pinball. Came from Michigan and I see that we were spoiled.

I do have the pinfinder app but a lot of the locations are outdated. Going to spend some time visiting the ones listed and try and update them.

If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

#68 8 years ago

There are two great leagues in Atl. There is a tourney Dec 6th at Comptons house. For location pinball in ATL....... just come to Birmingham!

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There are two great leagues in Atl. There is a tourney Dec 6th at Comptons house. For location pinball in ATL....... just come to Birmingham!

I updated the Pinside Map a while back, but location pinball is rare around here. I did see an Avengers at the Sports Time Grill at Pleasant Hill Rd. and Satellite (near Einsteins), but it was on ball 2 with nobody in sight. Might go check it out during lunch one day next week.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-atlanta/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.