Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Not mine, but WOW! Cut it in thirds for easier shipping...
553842_4866617708663_1868388877_n.jpg

That's going to leave a mark.

1 week later
#339 8 years ago

Chemical. The ball does not travel under the sling shots.

2 months later
#360 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Another one takes the shower...

DSCN1352.jpg

The way the playfield is wrapped in plastic leads me to think this was being done to clean the harness.

9 months later
#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

oh look a carriage bolt, this will work better lol.

A .22 caliber long rife cartridge works well also

Fusechart_(resized).jpgFusechart_(resized).jpg

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Not a pic, but does this count?
» YouTube video

OMFG - A new low.

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Like it or not, it is an impressive amount of work. Sheesh.

I would be more impressed if he used his time fixing the credit dot.

He said it took him 7 hours to install Robby the robot but he'll tell you how to do it for $50 because it is 6 wires. Now he has a Robby saying quote from Forbidden Planet in a Twilight zone. And how many other things that have nothing to do with TZ.

The stick on glowing stars are someone a little kid would do. I want to see a video of the day he tries to sell it.

2 weeks later
#443 7 years ago

Wrong Hat

2 months later
#489 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hey look at that. Stargate saved the day by holding up the entire building. Because Gottlieb system 3's are built like brick shithouses. Built better than anyone else.

No, actually they shoved the game in after the collapse started. They did not want to ruin a good 2x4.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it was a SF2 , i'd say sure. the beam is more valuable than the game. But this is Stargate. It's a top 10 game of all time. Actually the only system 3 that is even close to the top 10. Well, my top 10 anyway.

The bucket of water on SF2 is a mod. In case you feel like drowning yourself while playing you can just lean over.

I'm just being funny. Stargate is not one of my favorite games, but after having to play DE Simpsons in a tournament this weekend I dislike it less.

The first picture with Ice Fever, Touchdown and Gold Wings is the worst of that basement bunch. I could not get rid of TD fast enough and actually passed on a free GW because I didn't want to drive an hour each way. The backglass was missing but that actually makes it better.

I'd put SG as #2 with SST as my favorite in that bunch. From those pictures I would say SST has a real good chance of being easily salvageable.

5 months later
#646 6 years ago

They should put some washers on those sling plastics.

#653 6 years ago

Star Trek does tend to wear up the center like that. But the Alien Poker will clean up just fine.

#661 6 years ago

Yes, those flippers are way off.

1 month later
#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That would fit the gaping hole in the side and plate would explain the paint preservation under...but I can honestly say I've never seen a pin with an actual lightswitch mounted anywhere.

Sure, more doorbells than light switches, but you never know what you will find.

You should see the front of my TZ. Not just holes, but someone put a lock that takes those round keys and hooked it up for credits. I guess when they wanted free game you put the key in and turned it back and forth.

1 week later
#720 6 years ago

Stern Dracula

1 month later
#835 6 years ago

20 years ago I would have been crying. Id have thrown out furniture just to make room.

Now I realize you just don't put 80 hours of labor and $1,200 of parts for a $400 game.

The stuff I still have like that has been saving other games for years. Mostly sending free parts to a poor soul trying to save another. But you can't save them all and you just get sick of living with piles of crap.

#838 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong. It is a whole new world these days of fixing up games. The reproduction parts due to technology is a game changer. We went from stock, to NOS, to unavailable to now "NEW".

But using the old cargument ideals - What is a price of a car verse the separate parts of a car. Then the price to assemble yourself.

That part of the hobby is a special dedication. And you do not get your money back. I love it, I just don't have the energy anymore. These are the people I consider the true people in the pinball hobby. Even above the players since restoration people are also players. And definitely not the speculation buyers who think for some reason you shell out money for a new game and just because you owned it and did nothing to it, it is worth more.

Operators and Manufacturers are a part of the food chain. Without them the games would not be available for the players. But for them it is a business. A business they care about, but still. If we are talking about this as a hobby and love of the game it goes like this -

Restorers > Players > Operators & Manuf > NIB (only) Buyers

1 week later
#880 6 years ago

WTF happened? Why it the THING box stuck half open without the hand?

#882 6 years ago

I have a feeling this is not a bar. I t looks like ColorDMD on each side.
I call Shenanigans. This is not on route. Game heads are too close together. MB next to TAF. This is a home.

Added over 7 years ago: Sorry, MM, TAF and SP. MM and SP show color on the DMDs.

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Glass stuck in back of thing box hinge

I was trying to make a joke that the THING box was what is wrong with the game and ignoring the whole glass thing.

My joke failed miserably

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That is a TAF Gold. Who would put that on route?

Why do you think it is the special edition? Thing box is red and bookcase is blue.

2 weeks later
#988 6 years ago

No offense. But this is a "pinball" thread.

If we go arcade the next thing you know it will be "Cargument" time.

1 month later
#1129 6 years ago

No flipper rubbers and the ground plug cut off. I get it.

1 month later
#1184 6 years ago

So it is not in Midland County MI? I still would not take it for free unless I know someone who needed it for plastic parts. Never mind dealing with someone who thinks it is worth $350.

1 week later
#1212 6 years ago

And it is plugged in.

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I have no idea if it real or not. I found it in a advertisement for a estate sale. Here is the link, it is in a picture near the end.
https://www.estatesales.net/MN/Wayzata/55391/1713744?highlight=pinball
I thought it might be fake at first, but not sure someone would go through that much trouble.

WTF? It says "One of a kind, both the sink and the pinball machine work".

Talk about draining a ball.

#1247 6 years ago

Put it on the curb and make a CL post for a TAF curb alert. Then spend the day filming the disappointment of everyone racing to get it. See if any later on are out of state.

Just kidding. This will get an Amazon style turd in your driveway.

1 week later
#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That is a total shame, especially on a TAF. Horrible.

But the GI lighting is good.

At least on the left half where it is still working (I think I know what shorted)

1 year later
#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That is an interesting thought, and not a bad idea. Plastic 4" square boxes are like .79 cents though, funny that the person fabricated one out of wood. Even if plastic wasn't available metal junction boxes have been around forever and couldn't be much more money.

Less risk of a short using wood over metal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.