Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2568 3 years ago

Follow him and pick up the pieces as they fall off the trailer. One strap??? Hope they didn't plan on going over 35 mph or so.

3 weeks later
#2623 3 years ago

Wow, anything salvageable?

5 months later
#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All he will need is a lockdown bar, one more score display, a set of circuit boards, and a back glass and one more Cyclopes will come back to life.

Nothing like the thought of what had been on that PF in the past though. Yuck. I'd prefer to never know the history of something if it includes raccoon poop.

I'm assuming Gameplan is a dead end as far as copyright enforcement so maybe someone will start making PF's, plastics, etc.

1 month later
#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Flipper coils are not fused.
If you have a transistor go bad and lock the coil up, the coil will get too hot to touch if you don't turn the pin off. If you keep the pin turned on I can see the copper wire getting red hot and start a fire.
So, if you are playing a game and your flipper starts getting sluggish behavior, it is time to turn the pin off and start looking around.

Gorgar flipper coils are not transistor controlled.... The end of stroke must have been adjusted wrong and a short caused the flipper to stay up with the high powered side.

1 week later
#3062 3 years ago

I wasn't aware those HDX containers stacked, I used to buy what I considered a HUGE bargain container there for $4 and it was big enough for parts - they discontinued it though. Harbor Freight has the same size but the quality is shit.

The stacking part and the $12/pair part intrigue me though I'll have to go check those out. $6 each isn't too bad and I defintely need the stacking part.

4 months later
#3317 2 years ago

My dad used to do that as a kid, front legs on feet. Woodrails were much lighter. It must have made the slope like nothing as they were only 3 degrees slope anyway.

4 weeks later
#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The board clearly had to come out to do that, why not just fix it right the first time?!?!?!?!?!

Lack of parts was the most common reason way back when. Even with the proper tools a lot of people can't make good crimps on molex pins (no idea why, that).

3 months later
#3549 2 years ago

I keep some 1/4" ply around to slide it in and out.
I tie the game down with a strap too even though it's inside a SUV.... It still can move without it.

2 months later
#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is wrong with the clear? What is "worst" about it? It looks good in the pic.

CPR's clear is spotty. My Meteor was terrible, felt like ridged potato chips. Had to had it recleared anyway because of the missing text. The Mystic and Stars are gorgeous though.

They never claimed to be what people mean when they say 'clear' at this point though, it's supposed to be on par with what came out originally, and for that it is. Production process will never match what giving days of attention to a single playfield would be though.

As long as you can't feel the layers of ink through the clear I'm ok with it. Slatherclear sometimes ends up being too fast, my Earthshaker with Bill Davis clear is still so fast after 15 years that the balls sometimes end up in the shooterlane from a sling ping-pong.

1 year later
#5048 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

How would you know it's a special effect or a coil locked on? lol.

The smell.

A buddy had a fog machine in his basement and we often played pinball down there with it belching out too much fog. Kind of fun when you can't really see what's going on.

We floated the idea then to have one inside the machine. BSD would be a good one to have that on.

2 weeks later
#5119 5 months ago

The best part of space invaders pinball is the sound effect for the captive ball on the left.

4 weeks later
#5206 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Odd one to repair back to original,

BION that was recommended for a while (well, not WITH the heatsinks.... just attach the bridge directly to the metal plate, use the plate as heatsink. Probably started when people either recalled that earlier machines did it, or they thought they were doing a good thing (by making the machine slightly less serviceable.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.