IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Which head does it have?
Jurassic Park or Hook?
Also, I wouldn’t let your dog get that sweat sock in the coin door.

LOL! Oh, that made me laugh. By the way, that’s the coin sock.

1 week later
#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Kinda hate it, kinda love it.
[quoted image]

I like it. Looks like a booth for serving free food at Woodstock ‘79.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Just for the record : woodstock was '69 and '99.

Yep, was just kiddin. A lot of those games looked like late 70’s.

#2947 3 years ago

Yep, was just kidding’. A lot of those games looked like late 70’s.

#2959 3 years ago

“Extreme” coaching sounds too intense for me. Otherwise I’m in. Plus, who doesn’t offer Fritos for that kind of money?

8 months later
#3404 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Seen better days.
Thanks to C.J. from FB.
[quoted image]

A little Novus 2 and a soft cloth…

1 week later
#3433 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

a tricked out EHOH and they dump it over before it even hits the truck...

Where were they going with an unwrapped, powdercoated EHoH with the legs on anyway?

2 weeks later
#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Seller has two other in box games that were "In Storage" for sale, @$10K and $12K (Avengers and Avengers "Hulk").

In 2019 I bought a NIB X-Men Magneto and a NiB Hulk LE for $6k each. Things sure have changed!

1 week later
#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

It's "perfectly fine" except that it causes hidden damage to the machines that eventually causes problems.

I agree that shipping on the legs is generally less secure than heavily wrapped on the back and on a pallet. I’ve shipped them both ways many times, and I’ve twice had the legs arrive bent. What isn’t as obvious is all the strain on the leg brackets and cabinet from the game being slid, dragged or snagged when the game is improperly moved. It’s not that shipping on the legs is always wrong, but I would say it requires care that shippers aren’t always able or willing to provide. Whenever I ship a game on the legs, I’m always relieved when the game appears to arrive safely. A game can get hurt either way, but I agree the heavily-wrapped and on a pallet method feels safer when it’s possible. These are two I’ve shipped recently.

A477DC5D-E18C-47D2-BC48-424F516726DF (resized).jpegA477DC5D-E18C-47D2-BC48-424F516726DF (resized).jpegF8BEE583-F762-4E06-8270-494B962CC691 (resized).jpegF8BEE583-F762-4E06-8270-494B962CC691 (resized).jpeg
#3494 2 years ago

I would be very concerned about accepting a game with the cabinet split at the corner. I agree. I generally replace those old school little leg brackets that look like a stick of gum with 2 holes in them with the modern version that spans both sides in each corner. Much sturdier I imagine.

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

new Rudy eye from Pinballcenter in Germany

Wow that’s bad. I’ve had good luck with supplies from them in the past, they even carry the floating eye in liquid for Demo Man, but that Rudy eye is not even close.

#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Not exactly a horror pic, but I've never seen anything like this before:
[quoted image]

Right flippers are overrated.

#3532 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

When we tried to push it back on the trailer the entire front just pulled apart. The guy I bought it from tried blaming me

Whud you do!? (Tommy Boy)

2 weeks later
#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from obxamuse:

pins that had been stored about 10 years in shipping containers

That Demo Man head reminded me of this ribbon candy my nana used to put out at Xmas 30 years ago. I hadn’t thought of that stuff in decades. Thanks for the memory! Such a sad sight, however.

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Feast your eyes on this. It will remember your high scores or jump start your car if needed. The cross reflection from the sun is accidental, but a fitting sign of death for this board.
[quoted image]

It looks like the diode at c77 might still be ok.

1 week later
#3663 2 years ago

The frog is good luck.

2 weeks later
#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

That playfield looks good, but how could it have gotten that dirty? Is it smoke damage, flood, or rodent? Never seen that much build up on a playfield.

Chocolate pinballs.

#3737 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Fuzzy!
[quoted image]

You need a hazmat suit to remove the glass!

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Oh man!!! Not a Catacomb!!!!

Catacomb, or Ratacomb!

I hope it cleans up!

2 weeks later
#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Not mine, but worthy of this thread i think.[quoted image]

But, why?

I wanna see a pinball machine modified with a kick start.

#3798 2 years ago

Just saw this one posted in the Fish Tales thread. This was found in an abandoned house. I love the ceiling mod. Never let the dimensions of your home limit your pinball imagination.

F9B9FA35-EEBC-4E40-B374-0359346EA6DA (resized).pngF9B9FA35-EEBC-4E40-B374-0359346EA6DA (resized).png
#3801 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

he swapped out a perfectly good button (THAT SAYS START) and put a goofy flipper button there and WROTE “start” on the cabinet.

I generally add this to all my pins.

5DA5AF4B-5AF9-4C3C-A7A1-7247B43AB2C7 (resized).jpeg5DA5AF4B-5AF9-4C3C-A7A1-7247B43AB2C7 (resized).jpeg
#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

To be absolutely clear, I would suggest "here" before "repeatedly" as well.

Push here repeatedly here. Just to be safe.

#3826 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Virginia Beach, IIRC one of the flippers didn't work
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy moly. I’ve never seen a scoop that large since the gobble hole on South Park. (Credit: Jake )

#3829 2 years ago

What I like about this pic is that despite the however many thousands of shots to that scoop that it took to wear away all that wood, this plastic isn’t even cracked.

69D984CB-9E04-4C7C-BF51-932BE4C976AA (resized).jpeg69D984CB-9E04-4C7C-BF51-932BE4C976AA (resized).jpeg
#3835 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

RUSH pro after 24 days on location in a grocery store.
[quoted image]

Holy crap. 3 weeks of play in a grocery store? That’s crazy. Is Stern using balsa wood to solve supply chain issues? Where are the Cliffys standard on new pins? Stern, JJP, etc., should be contracting with Cliff to design and produce these for all new pins. That’s sad to see.

#3843 2 years ago

It just needs leg protectors.

DD904EF7-33BF-4D0D-9FD9-ED0AA0B34F6C (resized).jpegDD904EF7-33BF-4D0D-9FD9-ED0AA0B34F6C (resized).jpeg
#3858 2 years ago

It’s been 84 years, and I can still hear the chimes and bells on that beautiful game.

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks. It was rooms and rooms of furniture, appliances, books, beds, clothes, toys, memories.
The machines are precious to me but it's a fraction of the story and it isn't something I intended on advertising, especially not hours within beginning to rebuild.
It's a long road ahead of us. But we are working hard and the main thing is all the family is safe.

Very sad. We had a tree fall on our house in a 2018 wind storm and the damage wasn’t even a small fraction of what you are dealing with. Nobody was hurt, which was the most important thing. Our biggest immediate concern was securing the roof to prevent further water damage. Water can do such tremendous damage. I’m ok sharing this pic, as the house was repaired and the 4 pins directly under the tree somehow avoided harm. I hope you get fair compensation and can restore your home.

81EBB07A-E692-4DEC-89A8-F0073A571DE2 (resized).png81EBB07A-E692-4DEC-89A8-F0073A571DE2 (resized).png
#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When I went on a JJP factory tour a number of years ago, they some sort of eva foam mat covering the playfield surface while it was being worked on to avoid damage.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-open-house-tour#post-1867920
eva foam is cheap. It might be worthwhile for playfield swappers to use to help protect the playfield they're working on in case of accidental screwdriver mishaps or whatnot.

Great photos and awesome job sharing them back then. I had never seen them until now. They really help you appreciate the work and costs that go into making a game like WOZ. I remember how frustrated people were back in 2012-13 waiting on that game. For a first effort, WOZ is an incredible achievement. I bought my first pin in spring, 2016 and it was a WOZ standard, nib with shaker and invisiglass. I knew nothing about pinball, but WOZ looked the most dazzling to me, and it was new, so I figured it would be less upkeep. I never regretted it. I kept that game 4 years, and should have kept it longer.

#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have yet to own a WOZ, but I still want one. Just haven't found the right deal yet.

It’s tough in this market. I hope you find one. I sold mine to a friend pretty cheap in early 2020 before the market started to take off. They go for almost double that much today, especially an EC or Ruby 75th edition.

1 week later
#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Can you show us the after pictures too?

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from vinnypeppers:

looked under the hood and saw this

That’s what happens when fuse prices hit $80 an amp.

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

and the cap carnage is WAY worse than I expected

I noticed this one too, not sure if it’s an issue or not. Worth looking at.

10E786C3-2E67-4E3D-829A-75894C9F1395 (resized).png10E786C3-2E67-4E3D-829A-75894C9F1395 (resized).png
#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

New game: Spot the Broken Flipper Rubber.

Where the rubber meets the road?

My bet is on the old rubber! Go old rubber!

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

We opened her up expecting to see “green weenies”, saw these instead.

Green weenies! lol. Never heard that before. Hilarious!

1 week later
#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

filth everywhere, and extreme wear

A little Novus 16 and no problem!

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

The guy is an old retired guy. Apparently, two or three friends come over most every night, drink Natty Light, listen to tunes, watch tv, and play pinball for a few hours

That’s pretty awesome. Good for that guy!

2 weeks later
#4051 1 year ago

Makes sense. You need a huge center post on a game as deep and impossibly difficult as LW3.

#4054 1 year ago

I can't decide if the repair around the edges on this machine qualifies as a clever repair or a horror pick.
[quoted image]

What happened to her pants

1 month later
#4090 1 year ago

How much for the fish tank

3 weeks later
#4116 1 year ago

Yikes. I’ve always wanted to try a Qbert’s Quest in good shape. Looks interesting.

4 weeks later
#4200 1 year ago

That’s funny, my immediate reaction also was this is Stanley Kubrick’s gameroom from 1969.

1 week later
#4245 1 year ago

I noticed the disclaimer about kids too. It’s funny how shady pinball was considered in the early days. Drinkin’, gamblin’, hangin’ out with reprobates and maybe even playin’ pinball! Everyone knows Satan’s testicles are 1-1/16th carbon steel.
C1137560-D13C-4A51-A0A4-4BFEDA327CE0 (resized).jpegC1137560-D13C-4A51-A0A4-4BFEDA327CE0 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#4253 1 year ago

Wow, that corner pocket should be avoided without penicillin. Yikes.

#4255 1 year ago
Quoted from arolden:

Well, the auction ended and that cabinet sold for $1456! Good luck to them buyer; they'll need it!

$14.56 is actually not a bad haul for that heap!

1 week later
#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The graphics would be the challenge I would think. Pinball Pimp could make a set by he will want around $600.00 ( but that is if he is still around. He lives in Tampa. Just a ways away from Ft. Myers Beach ).

I just bought some pinball rule cards from him a few days ago. Tampa and Ft. Myers are both on the gulf, but about 100 miles apart. I used to live in Bonita Springs. They were hit terribly hard. Feels like a lifetime ago, but I enjoyed living in Bonita…a decade before I got into pinball.

#4314 1 year ago

Playing pinball in the pool?
[quoted image]

And lounging in a giant bowl of orange cushions. Ahhh, the future.

2 weeks later
#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Overhand ski-ball has been an issue in my gameroom. It’s unbelievable what kids can come up with.

Lol. I only read “overhand ski-ball…” and I was laughing. My kid is 4, and struggles to get the center rings underhand. I dread his creativity with things like that someday. He loves smashing and breaking things and knocking things down. I can see him issuing a 90 mph fastball through a ski-ball machine at age 9. Then I’ll sign him to AAA MLB.

#4368 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

You think one of the units with a net or cage over the "playfield" would be a good middle ground that? When I was a kid, most arcades had wised up and put cages over the playfields. I assumed at the time it was to prevent cheating ("oh no the kids may get 5 extra tickets!!") but as an adult I realize it may have been to stop ball hurling, more than anything.
As a former 7 or 8 year old boy who thought throwing darts directly into the drywall and ceiling tiles was WAY more fun than using the dart board, there's no way in hell I'd put a skeeball near anything valuable
Something like this:
[quoted image]

It seems ski-ball is one of those items where the ratio of fun/interest versus space simply doesn’t work. That’s just my guess. The runway is like 6-8 feet right? Seems you’d need just the right narrow hall or nook to make the space worth the sacrifice. Or kids who are obsessed with ski-ball.

#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Its 'skee' ball, not 'ski' ball. Get off the slopes you hoser

Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ball.

3 weeks later
#4411 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

like my customers wanting to use there 5 year old paint on a 5 year painted wall. No way is gonna match

But it’s the exact same paint I used!

1 week later
#4418 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Mushroomed plunger on a Black Pyramid.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a WCS94 with a mushroomed metal plunger tip like that. Couldn’t believe it, he promised HUO too!

#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

[quoted image]

I’ll take 2.

#4426 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The harder mushroom to fix is when a magnet post, like the Tiger Loop on TOTAN or the Shrunken head on RBION, have mushroomed ABOVE the playfield.... and the bracket underneath has been Loctited in place. Now that's an afternoon project!

Agree. I have a larger, heavy-duty wrench with the correct socket just for removing that nut on the playfield magnets. I’ve replaced a few on Indy Jones 4 and Ripley’s. They can be a bear!

#4430 1 year ago

Financing options on Stern's Website for the Bond 60th. Courtesy of Pinball-Obsessed on the SLE thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/66#post-7332628.
19% APR on a Pinball Machine.
[quoted image]

Yes, but the appreciation!

#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is no shortage of financially foolish people who "need" the latest shiny object.
I had to step out of the Bond SLE thread because it was giving me a bad attitude about pinball owners.

Financially foolish yet able to afford $20k toys are probably called “heirs.”

#4453 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

By definition if you are taking out a loan and paying interest on a $20k toy I would not use the term "afford"

With those terms, you can’t afford not to buy!

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But 3 year financing on a pinball machine is out there.

2024 Pinside ad: “HUO TBL, just take over the payments, only 29 months left!”

1 week later
#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Checked Google. This is actually a real thing apparently. Photos of it don’t bother me but I would have to pass on the clean up detail or there could be more of a mess.

Yep, my 4-year-old son is super sensitive to anything like that. If the cat pukes and he sees or smells it, he gets sick. Same with poo, yet he still insists on notifying everyone when he’s made a 2. I just don’t know.

#4521 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Parts is parts.
[quoted image]

The spring on that shooter rod looks rusty.

#4522 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Weird that nobody seemed to get it "unstuck", and left it as it was??

That’s how games end up neglected in a barn for three decades. “The ball is stuck.”
“Welp, that’s it for that.”

1 month later
#4561 1 year ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Hey that looks familiar I loved the Mountain Dew pop bumper cap
Picture courtesy of sunfire95z [quoted image]

Stern NBA: Mountain Dew edition. Very rare, very valuable. Amazing find!

2 weeks later
#4578 1 year ago

Wow. A Munsters destroyed and laying on its side. I used to live in Bonita Springs, about 20 mins from there.

1 week later
#4604 1 year ago

That Getaway is going to become faded.

2 weeks later
#4622 1 year ago

Forgot to post this here. Happened last month. My GB premium. Heard some weird noise on power up and smelled melting plastic. Yikes. I was able to buy a new board from Stern, and I’ll try to have this OG board restored. I didn’t add any new mods or do anything unusual. It just cooked after about 6 years of no issues. I received and replaced my board, and all is well again. Pretty tame “horror,” but melted chips on a $350 board is at least mildly horrible.

889EB396-4D5C-4D66-A420-E52AFBFABE3A (resized).png889EB396-4D5C-4D66-A420-E52AFBFABE3A (resized).png
#4627 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Dang! Hopefully it was just stuff failing on the board and not something in the game that contributed to the failure of the board and components on it.

Agree. Hard to say. My son was playing it and his ball got stuck, the game went into ball search and that’s when it went dark. I powered off, came back later and powered on, heard a weird sound and smelled plastic melting maybe 15-20 seconds later. I saw an image online of another board with the exact chip melted. So maybe these boards have a vulnerability? My new board solved the problem. If it lasts 6 years again and I have to replace it I can live with that.

#4631 12 months ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Found this on Facebook

That’s the best way to do it. Nvram is another option I guess.

#4669 11 months ago
Quoted from statictrance:

A buddy of mine had a bad day with an Alvin G...
[quoted image]

Holy moly. What game was that from?

3 weeks later
#4700 11 months ago

I've got little kids too. Banished from the basement for now. Was removing a P3 glass and it just exploded.

Oh no. So sorry. Any idea what happened?

#4720 10 months ago

Doesn’t remind me of Tourist Trap in any way. $2500 for that Hot Shot too, that’s scary. Here’s mine I bought for $700 and sold for $700 about 18 months ago. Everything worked too!

20EFE79D-3633-4182-8C01-611FF209C300 (resized).jpeg20EFE79D-3633-4182-8C01-611FF209C300 (resized).jpegED339A68-32A5-48EF-BE0C-E135A819169F (resized).pngED339A68-32A5-48EF-BE0C-E135A819169F (resized).png
#4744 10 months ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

I've seen glass disintegrate when someone set it down on a concrete floor. oops.

I’ve had 2 incredibly lucky near-misses with glass. The first was new standard glass off my Monster Bash SE I had just bought. I set the glass on carpet, but propped it too vertical. It was one of those split second things were as soon as I let go of it and turned around I thought “that was too straight up/down, I need to lean it more.” I took one step and felt the breeze as it fell toward me, the top edge of the glass running down the back of my Achilles tendon before it lay flat on the carpet, intact. Nearly 4 years later, I set an Invisiglass on carpet next to a game I was working on, then bumped it and watched it fall away from me. Seemed like slow-motion (wind resistance?) Again, it lay flat on the carpet, no kid or dog toys or almost anything on the floor to break it. So lucky. I shouldn’t attempt the trifecta.

#4756 10 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Williams did eventually add fuses to the bridges, ironically "FIRE" was the first game with them.

It would have been thematically appropriate to have FIRE burst into flames during gameplay. Each game comes with a glass of water and a Pingulp to have it ready.

2 weeks later
#4781 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Seen on Facebook today:
Brownmud... or... Mudwater...
[quoted image]

A little Novus 2 on a rag.

#4796 10 months ago

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1-Sargent-Dr-Lockport-NY-14094/31435554_zpid/
They actually dropped that photo from the real estate listing. It's been for sale forever.

Wow. That’s a lot of house for under $1m. Unfortunately it was decorated by Stanley Kubrick for The Shinning II. There is something so creepy about certain houses frozen in time.

48495ABD-E023-492A-A160-7884D51B5162 (resized).jpeg48495ABD-E023-492A-A160-7884D51B5162 (resized).jpeg532AE58C-C9C3-48FE-A81D-7F3CEF2C6978 (resized).jpeg532AE58C-C9C3-48FE-A81D-7F3CEF2C6978 (resized).jpeg
#4811 10 months ago

The Duracell Moth forms a chrysalis, inside which metamorphosis occurs, from Alkaline caterpillar into a moth with striking copper wings.

#4816 9 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Reminds me of the infamous Gorgar service CALLS (yes, multiple) where I went to peoples homes to fix their pin and the face is scratched off the BG, and a decal over his face on the PF because they “couldn’t have the devil in their home”.

Satan’s testicles are carbon steel.

#4819 9 months ago

Ah, Police Force. The only pin featuring the word “cocaine” on it. (as far as I know)

1 month later
#4871 8 months ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Corky's gaming bistro in grapevine Texas. A barcade with standup arcade machines and 12 or so pinball machines. Half of them were turned off, the remaining playable ones were all filthy and neglected. Weak flippers and slings on most of them. It was pretty disappointing because they have a pretty sweet lineup of really great games....if only they were maintained.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Crazy. A light shop job each year with Novus 2, wax, new balls, rubber. Or, just ignore them and hope people don’t mind a little black mold on the pf.

#4877 8 months ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Which video game has the best zapper? Now we know.

I remember that Lightning Reaction game.

3 weeks later
1 month later
#5035 6 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Hole-y crap!
[quoted image]
(Pic taken from an X-Files for sale on FB Marketplace)

File that one under “needs work.”

#5042 6 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Houdini....smoke and mirrors....hmmm

Columbo: Murder, Smoke and Shadows

Ok, I’m getting off topic.

1 week later
#5068 6 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Obviously done wrong.
Everyone knows you go from front leg to back leg, not left tot right leg!

And, you bolt the legs directly to the floor, especially keepers. If the left/right pitch is wrong, you should play with one shoe on. Pinball 101.

#5075 5 months ago

Send seller a message: “are you high?”

#5079 5 months ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Looks like the ball has been moving quite a lot in that Mata Hari

Some mice may have been moving quite a lot in that Mata Hari.

#5084 5 months ago

Here’s the artist’s address.

IMG_4356 (resized).jpegIMG_4356 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5104 5 months ago
Quoted from DukeNuke:

1974 Bally Twin Win. Before...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes, that cabinet looks like it’s mulching itself. Absolutely restorable tho!

#5127 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Bally Paragon is pretty good. But, yes, most wide bodies stink.

I thought that funky game, Future Spa was pretty fun. Decent amount of things to shoot for, and a weird vibe with the art. That’s a wide body, right?
I agree about wide bodies, especially the early SS ones. The super pins of the 90s probably got it right, as much as you can make a good wide body. I have TZ and Indy and neither feels much like a wide body to me. I really like STTNG too. My first pin, WOZ, did feel a bit floaty to some degree, but it’s packed with stuff. The pin that felt so floaty and almost vacant to me was Hobbit. I liked many things about it, especially the code. But it feels too like a wide body to me.

#5129 5 months ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

I’m no fan of wide body either but I really enjoy my Road Show.
But most of the times they’re just awkward.

I forgot about Road Show. I am really fond of Road Show, and I had a beautiful example a year or two ago. There are some really fun, unique and satisfying shots in RS. Fun code too. A lot of pinball for the money.

#5135 5 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Owned three Black Holes, a masterpiece of ass kicking.

I had a Black Hole too. Indeed an ass kicker. That lower reverse playfield is murder for most players. That game makes multiball truly feel earned. Awesome backbox too.

#5173 5 months ago

Years ago.
It was a Fish Tales. Its way back up in the thread somewhere.
Story Here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dolly-broke-pin-dumped-advice-needed#post-5121293[quoted image]

I remember this Fish “Fails”
It seemed worse to me then, before I had to transport a couple pins on their side (one was Safe Cracker), and dumped a pin on its side bringing it up my front steps. Fortunately, the seller did a superhuman wrap job, with multiple layers of cornerboards and blankets. It wasn’t a violent spill and didn’t suffer a scratch. Never be too proud to accept help. Lol.

1 week later
#5187 5 months ago

Yeesh. That game has enough trouble.

#5192 4 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Frank-n-Speed[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Frankinsert

3 weeks later
#5247 4 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Condo living in a Bally Ro Go. Had mice nest upstairs and rats nest downstairs. At least I got it free.
[quoted image]

That pin is very well insulated.

1 week later
#5273 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Credit card debt is unsecured debt. Grandma can quit paying. Most of the time, she will be written off but now her credit will be screwed. As your lawyer has advised.
When I had my store front business a customer talked about how his parents got buried in a credt card. So, he started helping them out and then he noticed that while he was paying $100.00 per month toward the credit card, the CC was charging the account $100.00 month in interest.
He called the CC company and told them the situation and that he was going to stop making the payments on his parents behalf. The CC company, now advised that is was going to get nothing told him they would forgo the interest and apply 100% of his payments towards the principal.
I suggest you call the CC company and tell them you are not helping grandma out at 29% interest. But you will help for just the principal payments. And if that does not wake them up, they can go pound sand.

Most CC companies will negotiate a balance for a payoff of around 30-40% of the balance. It still counts as a credit ding, but not as bad. But beware, any debt “forgiven” by the creditor is considered taxable income by the IRS. So if they settle that $8500 balance for $3500, there will be taxes on the $5,000 they write off. Still ends up being a big savings, if a lump sum for under 50% is an option. I used to help friends and family get out from under big balances, like $25,000 to $40,000 in cc debt. That kind of balance is a killer.

1 month later
#5374 63 days ago

It’s better than when Williams used a real fish for the prototype topper. What a mess.
Come to think of it, a fish tank on top of the backbox would be creative, if the game didn’t already have a unique topper!

#5388 61 days ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

I don’t think I’d want to go to the bar this one was in! (Coin Door )[quoted image]

Heck, that door ain’t secure. You need to vault them quarters.

IMG_4497 (resized).jpegIMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
#5389 61 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That apron needs a matching topper.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here is a better apron for that Fish Tales.

IMG_4498 (resized).jpegIMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#5409 40 days ago
Quoted from steviechs:

From FB marketplace. “Make an offer”. Yikes

I’ll give you $5 to take that ad down.

#5419 37 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

Like a big game of Jenga

Twilight Zone: Jenga Edition

#5421 37 days ago

Yikes. Pride of ownership right there. Best part is they were plugged in, turned on, and accepting money. You would have done the guests a favor to flip the power buttons off.

2 weeks later
#5445 23 days ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

1 week later
#5459 12 days ago
Quoted from JakeJones07:

Nailed it!
[quoted image]

Such a pretty game usually!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.