Topic Stats

• 2,102 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 223 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,082 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C572A350-46FC-441D-9CD7-356BFADF94D1 (resized).jpeg
$_86 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.16 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.00 AM (resized).png
202DECC2-8FBA-4262-91D5-94CF7136A8F4.jpeg
table (resized).JPG
DSC_0684 (resized).JPG
6934D56D-BB84-45C2-9E67-0D936441EE7A (resized).png
5CC573C0-1FD5-431D-A3F0-9E3A9D0224FC (resized).jpeg
e750fba706907ab7a1ee9ccbb751db69baf17efe (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.34.37 PM (resized).png
horro2 (resized).jpg
horror1 (resized).jpg
System6 Vol Hack (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

“And screw resistors...let’s just tap some transistors in...um....here and here.”
[quoted image][quoted image]

another case of "I don't know how its supposed to be so I'll yell its wrong so I look smart"

#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What are you talking about dude? This board did not leave the factory like that. And I’m assuming the game worked perfectly fine when it was sold NIB.
And I’m sure you believe that jumper wire from the transistor to the back of the board is how it’s supposed to be as well.

the transistors were hung like that. The jumper was added. The board is a mess, but the transistors are not part of the issue.

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Either way, this PSB did not leave the factory with those transistors in place. They were added, so it’s a hack, “improvised repair” or modification.
And your comments that I “don’t know how it’s supposed to be” and “I’ll yell it’s wrong so I look smart” are condescending and unnecessary.
I have my collection history listed here, at least a good portion of games I’ve owned, unlike you. Take a look. I have owned over 10 System 1 games and have repaired several others, and I have never seen this on a power supply in one of them. So in my experience, my comments were appropriate.
No need to be derogatory towards other members in this thread. Keep that crap in the clown puke thread where all the other curmudgeons hang out.
You’ve agreed the board is a mess, and that is the purpose of this thread.

No, those transistors are mounted correctly.

just as seen here, need more?
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=98&picno=35090&zoom=1
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=98&picno=35093
here
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=392&picno=50029
or here?
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=492&picno=53981&zoom=1

what almost as if this was how the factory did it or something, mister I have experience and know all.

The board has issues, the transistors are not a hack. you are wrong.

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The only things I'm noticing are the capacitors and ground wire on the back. Everything else appears to be stock.
The PCB might look a little odd since it's been removed from the metal mounting plate.[quoted image]

exactly

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I never said I know it all, I said in my experience. And if that’s the case as you and ForceFlow posted, then I stand corrected and learned something.
That doesn’t change the fact that the way you post on here is condescending and rude. Lighten up man...it’s a friggin hobby.

you had already been informed that the transistors were correctly placed yet you responded with " This board did not leave the factory like that.", "Either way, this PSB did not leave the factory with those transistors in place. They were added, so it’s a hack, “improvised repair” or modification", and "I have my collection history listed here, at least a good portion of games I’ve owned, unlike you. Take a look. I have owned over 10 System 1 games and have repaired several others, and I have never seen this on a power supply in one of them. So in my experience, my comments were appropriate."

you did state your experience said the transistors were clearly not factory, in spite of being corrected. Who's being condescending?

3 months later
#1567 9 months ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Looks like my fh

your funhouse is a high speed?

3 months later
#1841 5 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Got into an accident Friday morning on my way to Pinfest. Wasn’t in the road more than 10 minutes before this lady in front of me hit a stopped car. The car ahead of her was stopped and the lady didn’t break at all and hit them, and I was right behind her. There were no brake lights or warning. She went from 55 to STOP and within a second or two I plowed into her.
That SUCKED. I’ve only had my car for 4 months I bought it for myself for Christmas and now it’s gone.
At least we are all safe and no injuries happened. 2 cars totaled and the 3rd car in front tried to drive away but we saw him a few miles down the road.
Anyway I’m home today feeling like I was kicked by a horse. My buddy was willing to try again but I was not feeling like driving to Pinfest after this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Driving to close and not paying attention.

#1852 5 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

She was, I hope you’re not implying I was not paying attention because I was and I was slowing down as was traffic. You can’t come to a complete stop in 2 seconds, even the trooper and the car that was hit first said that she hit him without any attempt to stop. I hit my brakes but brakes can’t stop you as fast as stationary object does!
I didn’t take pictures of the first car she hit, but she hit him pretty squarely and I had swerved as best I could so it was mostly the passenger side that took the blow

Both were, if you didn't have time to stop you were to close.

1 month later
#1964 3 months ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I picked up a Fireball home edition that was turned into a coffee table and turned it back into a pinball machine. Does that count?

it was a home edition so no

#1990 3 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Ha ha, I do what makes them looks their best. Which is LEDs, like most manufacturers put in from the factory. I guess you hate all JJP pinball?

those games have generally white GI, unless its mode specific. Colored GI look like shit.

#1994 3 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Wrong thread for this? I like colored GI, others may not. Take it to another thread. This thread is about pinball tradgedy. People neglecting or otherwise destroying pins.
I’m here to have fun. It’s a hobby. Keep it light, life it tough enough as is.

Colored GI is a horror, it belongs here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside