Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Why. Just, why? It's a players level Mystic that I would like to restore and play. Add wiring harness to the to-do list. Seriously, why? Is it easier to store without all the wire and connectors? Its not like they cut it off to sell it for anything but scrap!

I got a Gottlieb Atlantis for free once that came from a home where it had sat for 25+ years. Cosmetically the game was beautiful. Basically perfect backglass, playfield and cabinet. It was just a little dirty from it's short life at a VFW. It didn't work though. When I opened it up, most of the wires had been cut below the playfield. I asked the guy if he knew what happened and he said that when he was a kid, they opened up the game and pretended they were diffusing a bomb by cutting the wires. No joke.

3 years later
#2693 3 years ago

p1 (resized).jpgp1 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpg
#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

lesmanley - what on god's green earth is that in those 2 pictures? mice? bees? my stomach is turning

I think it's mice nests. These are not my games, I didn't even see them first hand. I've had a couple people ask about them and I don't know who's they are. The pictures were in my Facebook feed so I shared them here. I will try to go back and see who posted the pictures and if the games are theirs or not.

1 month later
#2789 3 years ago

The bell has tolled for this Metallica.

Here's the story on this one...

"We all know that our pins belong indoors.....except for this owner
Here’s what happens to a game left outdoors for 6 years, and in one of harshest countries in the world when it comes to extreme heat.
Six. Years. 688 total plays. Game still boots but sadly that’s where it ends for this machine."

m1 (resized).jpgm1 (resized).jpgm2 (resized).jpgm2 (resized).jpgm3 (resized).jpgm3 (resized).jpgm4 (resized).jpgm4 (resized).jpgm5 (resized).jpgm5 (resized).jpgm6 (resized).jpgm6 (resized).jpg

#2795 3 years ago

That Metallica is apparently in the United Arad Emirates. Notice the graveyard markers are tombstones instead of crosses.

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That is interesting. How did you figure UAE and not some other Middle East country?

I recognized the Ziziphus Spina-Christi surrounding the pinball machine as being native to the United Arab Emirates.

1 year later
#3866 2 years ago

Removed by request.

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Damn, that must have been a real horror pic to warrant removing!

It was. I can't imagine the stress that the person is under for no fault of their own. I was very nicely asked to remove the picture and had absolutely no problem doing so. I wish the owner nothing but the best in a horrible situation.

1 year later
#4567 1 year ago

Shaq's on fire!

shaq (resized).jpgshaq (resized).jpg
11 months later
#5420 44 days ago

Just got back from Disney, Pop Century resort and they had pins. They were all basically unplayable, but X-Men and Tron were the worst. X-Men was destroyed. Worn to wood on the playfield, pop bumper skirts that look like they were nibbled on. Blown out scoop, missing jet and Wolverine. Missing post on the Ice Man ramp. Magneto sculpt broken. Lots of broken plastics. Tron wasn't much better. Worn to wood on playfield. Scoop blown out. Recognizer bank and the identity disc didn't work at all. Flipper wear looked like someone had worn sandpaper gloves while playing.

There were some free games on X-Men and I got it to finally load a ball since there was 1 missing somewhere so I gave it a shot. The Gambit, storm, rogue and magneto shots don't work at all, so you can't lock a ball. The magnet actually worked which blew my mind but it is mushroomed so the ball jumps off of it like a ramp. And then the game will randomly reset when you go over certain switches which is really cool too. I just started going for hellfire or brotherhood multiball cuz that's really the only thing you can do. On a positive note, the upper flipper could hit the Storm ramp like butter...but it wouldn't register the shot so there wasn't much point.

t1 (resized).jpgt1 (resized).jpgt2 (resized).jpgt2 (resized).jpgx0 (resized).jpgx0 (resized).jpgx1 (resized).jpgx1 (resized).jpgx2 (resized).jpgx2 (resized).jpgx3 (resized).jpgx3 (resized).jpgx4 (resized).jpgx4 (resized).jpg

#5425 43 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Yes you would think the operator would buy new pins & rotate those out for service or sell them off.

Funny or sad enough they do have QR codes on them that say you can scan it to tell the operator that it's broken. I even saw the operator trying to fix the card reader on Tron. Got to fix that one or you can't get their money. I didn't have all day to try to explain 20 different issues to the game that I knew they weren't getting fixed anyway so I let it be. Short of completely pulling the game and giving it a major overhaul the condition on these aren't going to change.
PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpgPXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpgPXL_20240306_163243759 (resized).jpgPXL_20240306_163243759 (resized).jpg

#5427 43 days ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Does Disney even own the pins or are they owned by a contractor? I thought I read somewhere all video games and pinball machines were contracts.

They are owned by an outside company. The QR code brings up an Arcade Tracker website where you can report problems, but it doesn't say who the report is going to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.