Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#866 6 years ago

That video was from 2011. Things were much different then. Also the cabinets were piss and water damaged and unsalvageable. The video has been brought up a million times already sheesh. TNT has restored more than their fair share of games to make up for dumping a couple shit boxes off a roof at a time where collecting was nowhere near as out of control as it is today.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

ment in quote makes it read as if that was something I was had said. I did not say that "all 6 games were $4k" on every instance I included the word average... quoting BostonPinballBiz and their empirical data.
The reason you found no listing for those JP sales is because older sales migrate out of ebay completed sales history. If you don’t believe the BostonPinballBiz folks about their stats you need to take that up with them.
A fun lively debate none the less. And again.. my point was that a few playfield p

Quoted from wantdataeast:

Sorry bro, I am not “hyping” anything. I could care less what the pinside price is or the ebay price is. I have ONE JP and it is not for sale even at $5k. Because it is it pretty much flawless. Your accusation that I am "hyping or price pumping" is about as ridiculous as me accusing you of suppressing prices on JP sales. Neither you nor I are in JP resale market so neither have vested interest in attempting to sway some market price.
How exactly am I not reading the boston pinball biz chart correctly? Thank you for posting it BTW, it just buttresses my original statement. With all due respect, I think you must be the one that is reading it wrong. Does it not say that in the past 6 months there has been 6 machines sold at an average price of $4099? Six games in six months is a good sampling.
In your scenario you said “you could have one crazy high priced game for some strange reason” you could just as easily have had one crazy low price for some strange reason. What "could" have happened is utter guesswork. And lets pretend that you are right and one sold at $7k if the 5 other sold at non-crazy prices they would average out at $3500 each. $3.5k is pretty darn close to $4k. And there is nothing indicating that one sold at the crazy high price you suggested.
I said “and 6 people shelling out an average of $4100 each on ebay agree.” That was “average”, not each. You quote someone (not me) in saying: "all 6 games were $4k" your use of that statement in quote makes it read as if that was something I was had said. I did not say that "all 6 games were $4k" on every instance I included the word average... quoting BostonPinballBiz and their empirical data.
The reason you found no listing for those JP sales is because older sales migrate out of ebay completed sales history. If you don’t believe the BostonPinballBiz folks about their stats you need to take that up with them.
A fun lively debate none the less. And again.. my point was that a few playfield parts and missing board set is no reason to scrap a DMD pinball machine that is worth thousands....IMO.

BAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today! I gotta get down to Kentucky one of these days and get a hold of some of that good stuff ya'll are smokin down there!

3 years later
#2974 3 years ago

Dang, I came here to post this!

I'm pretty sure this exact game was posted in this thread before but it was even more head scratching before. They actually did a halfway decent job putting lipstick on a pig

fd9f7f62a50872d5a7b8e7de1d0f4cdf2f64508e (resized).pngfd9f7f62a50872d5a7b8e7de1d0f4cdf2f64508e (resized).png
1 week later
#2994 3 years ago

Great American Pinball has never had a game they couldn't grossly overcharge for.

Somehow this has sold though? I made an offer of 1500 and I thought that was high.

Screenshot_20210222-100403_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210222-100403_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Great American Pinball has never had a game they couldn't grossly overcharge for.
Somehow this has sold though? I made an offer of 1500 and I thought that was high.
[quoted image]

more pics

fh1 (resized).jpgfh1 (resized).jpgfh2 (resized).jpgfh2 (resized).jpgfh3 (resized).jpgfh3 (resized).jpgfh4 (resized).jpgfh4 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#3713 2 years ago

How about this one? Sorry for the poor quality, but yes this is technically a pinball horror pic, can anyone spot it?

#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Blasphemy...Baby Pac Man

lol yep. Somebody went through A LOT of trouble to make a junk American Speedway

10 months later
#4331 1 year ago

Guy in one of the local arcade groupd posted pics of some really grungy places he had picked today and I spotted this picture of a Gameplan Captain Hook. He didn't take it home with him so i presume it's still there rotting away. Sadly no other pictures and the location is unknown

FB_IMG_1669144257278 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1669144257278 (resized).jpg
#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

As one of the rare Captain Hook owners, I can safely say that is Game Plan’s best machine behind Cyclopes. Gameplay is awesome, the strategy of having to manually reset the drop targets is very unique, and the sounds are just so damn cool!!!!
Please save it!!

Funny enough, I saw your review and it inspired me to let him know that it was worth saving before I even posted it here. I don't know if he is or not, kind of sounds like he didn't want to go back there again but I agree it should be saved! At the very least theres hard to find salvageable parts on there like plastics and whatnot. There was a sea witch in the pictures too that also was left behind...

The group is "midwest pinball and arcade collectors" on FB. Maybe I'll send the guy a message and see if I can get the location in case somebody else wants to save the day

#4337 1 year ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

That’s what I was thinking reach out to him and see if he will share the seller’s info if you want it. You never know.

I talked to him a little bit. Sounds like he plans on going back but theres tons of racoon poop and not a pleasant place to be and the games are pretty gross. Apparently the owner wants to keep the pins for now too but I made it clear there are certainly people out there who are interested in saving these games

#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

14-15 months or so ago, a warehouse 40 miles from me opened up. There were several pins. And a whole lot of trash. No pin was destroyed. All found homes.
This is/was the Cyclopes that was buried under loads of cat poop. The guy cleaning out this warehouse kept the Cyclopes. The play field cleaned up nicely is what I was told. There was no back glass.
[quoted image]
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins
See post #42 for all the pins.
The Seawitch is a good parts machine, but SW back glasses, play fields, and plastics are being reproduced so it can be made to live again.
And that Captain Hook with the glass on, I'm betting the play field looks good. If it comes up for sale and you don't want it I would make the drive.

If the circuit boards are in there, those are hard to find.
Are you sure that's a Seawitch? I don't recognize those big yellow spots on the cab and back box. How can you tell?

That Cyclopes was the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw the post!

1 week later
#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

You think one of the units with a net or cage over the "playfield" would be a good middle ground that? When I was a kid, most arcades had wised up and put cages over the playfields. I assumed at the time it was to prevent cheating ("oh no the kids may get 5 extra tickets!!") but as an adult I realize it may have been to stop ball hurling, more than anything.
As a former 7 or 8 year old boy who thought throwing darts directly into the drywall and ceiling tiles was WAY more fun than using the dart board, there's no way in hell I'd put a skeeball near anything valuable
Something like this:
[quoted image]

Yeah then the kids could do some cool dude perfect tricks like bounce the ball off the cage, do a 360, catch it, and try to roll it!

4 months later
#4609 1 year ago

Apparently this is a giant horde of stuff in Zimbabwe of all places. I wonder what the story is here. Regardless, its pretty mind blowing!

1 week later
#4647 1 year ago

My good friend just bought a house about 6 months ago. One of the first things he did was buy my haunted house pin. Then he found a black hole and fixed it up nicely too. Sadly there was a huge fire at the house while him and his family were out to eat. Somehow his game/nerd room survived mostly intact but there will definitely need to be some intensive cleaning

IMG_8321(1) (resized).jpgIMG_8321(1) (resized).jpg
#4656 12 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Aren't those two games prone to fires? Glad everything was OK and the pins were not the cause.

I've never heard of them being prone to fires. Lots of outdated info from old operators who had trouble with them back in the day though.

2 months later
#4822 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Ah, Police Force. The only pin featuring the word “cocaine” on it. (as far as I know)

I think JJP GNR has it (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). It might be on the screen not in the artwork though so I don't know if that counts as "on it" or not

7 months later
#5372 71 days ago

One of the dumbest and bad looking homebrew mods I've seen in a long time

Screenshot_20240212_142746_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240212_142746_Facebook (resized).jpg
#5375 70 days ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I mean, if his apron was a pile of crap then I think he had a creative idea here on a budget and a bit more selectivity on the ads/colors could make it work better. It’s not the worst thing I’ve seen. But I probably wouldn’t cover a perfectly nice apron with this myself.

I'd honestly rather have a rusty, chipped up, original apron, or I'd simply just source another one before resorting to that abomination. Clearly its just another case of the all too common, "mod for the sake of having a mod" that we often see nowadays

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
£ 195.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.