Topic Stats

• 2,108 posts
  • 438 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,083 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4F4A1633-55F9-4BE2-B3AC-7C27750B2FC7.jpeg
C572A350-46FC-441D-9CD7-356BFADF94D1 (resized).jpeg
$_86 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.16 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.00 AM (resized).png
202DECC2-8FBA-4262-91D5-94CF7136A8F4.jpeg
table (resized).JPG
DSC_0684 (resized).JPG
6934D56D-BB84-45C2-9E67-0D936441EE7A (resized).png
5CC573C0-1FD5-431D-A3F0-9E3A9D0224FC (resized).jpeg
e750fba706907ab7a1ee9ccbb751db69baf17efe (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.34.37 PM (resized).png
horro2 (resized).jpg
horror1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If that was the one destroyed by disc jockeys, it looked like it was brand new.
LTG : (

This was in the video description:

Published on Dec 28, 2012 by Kevin McHugh
Opie takes a sledgehammer to Classic Pinball.com's vintage rolling stones pinball, (not their game) back in 2000 ( long time ago)
Al Dukes duped me into loaning it to them,
this is how that worked out.
That's the real story. All in all, the guys were cool about it, and I was taken good care of.

3 months later
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

if the playfield glass is fine, then wtf happened to the playfield? was this game buried with the deceased?

They might be confused about the terminology and are actually trying to describe the backglass.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

this was on sterns facebook. the culprit in this photo was pretty mad and claimed that its a legitimate way to clean a playfield lol.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proper-way-to-clean-a-playfield

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that's unreal.. something had to happen, like harsh cleaner got on the playfield and broke down the clearcoat and paint, and the ball just flicked it all off

The ball was probably covered in rust and acted like sandpaper.

1 month later
5 months later
#378 3 years ago

Good grief--what a monster of a coin door lock..

s-l1600_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#386 3 years ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Vintage Pinball Machine Retro Coffee Table - $300 (Bensalem)

pasted_image_(resized).png

2 weeks later
#387 3 years ago

This was stored in a dry basement, however, it still somehow got wet, unfortunately...

20160731125044691_(resized).jpg20160731125048889_(resized).jpg20160731125056933_(resized).jpg

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Dynadan:

Owner explained that a screw came off the car so he had to get to it to fix....from the top down. (Disassembles from the bottom). Yes that's putty and black tape holding on the new non fitting plexi piece in place.

I had a game were somebody cut off the screw heads of the side rails, removed them, and in the process, cracked and bent out the sides of the lockbar. I'm guessing they didn't know how to open the game and remove the glass...

2 weeks later
#421 3 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Fire on this fireball

Wow...that sure is crispy

1 week later
#440 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

MPU burst into flames

Wow. That is impressive.

It looks like it was left to burn for a good amount of time since the backbox is actually charred.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#473 2 years ago

Most of the time, when I find classic bally/stern displays, the glass can be bad, and maybe some components are a little heat stressed. But this one really takes the cake.

20161119151419568 (resized).jpg
20161119151425304 (resized).jpg
20161119151500278 (resized).jpg

#474 2 years ago

I've never seen this much dirt on a board before.

20161119151330768 (resized).jpg
20161119151336880 (resized).jpg20161119151343762 (resized).jpg

But, it looks like it cleaned up pretty well and could be a serviceable board if the spider chips are ok.

20161119182428791 (resized).jpg

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Fred-Sanford:

Here`s a couple...

Wow, those poor games

Did you rescue them?

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hey look at that. Stargate saved the day by holding up the entire building. Because Gottlieb system 3's are built like brick shithouses. Built better than anyone else.

Wow, would you look at that....didn't even notice until you pointed that out.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

F-14 in Arkansas that was the victim of an leaky pipe overhead....must've leaked for a long time.

As horrible as that was, I could help but chuckle at the transformer hanging out of the bottom of the cabinet.

#497 2 years ago

I just had to mute the phone call that I was on.

1 week later
#509 2 years ago

Crispy board spotted for sale:

sys3-6 board burned (resized).jpg

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

A few "belt sanded" games from the archives.
I had to stop, as there are hundreds.

1 week later
#539 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Just spotted on "The Pinball Graveyard" FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/thepinballgraveyard/)
"An old employee of ours was at the local scrap yard and noticed this Gottlieb Super Mario had been dropped off a few trucks ahead of him. He tried to buy it and we even called the yard and they said due to regulations it could not be sold! So another one gone. It's amazing how some people don't understand value!"

Ugh, that's awful. I would've been tempted to sneak back in, lol

Those "regulations" are just in place so that the scrap yard can get the scrap value out of it. I would've been more than happy to pay them more than its scrap value.

It boggles my mind the way some people today think something like this is worthless.

1 month later
#546 2 years ago

Moldy playfield and bad slingshot wear touch-ups under mylar.

pasted_image (resized).png

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I almost bought that machine. I'm still contemplating it.

Mold is serious. I wouldn't touch it. I can't imagine what it must look like on the inside of the cabinet.

Plus, there are some serious cosmetic issues, not to mention that the mold has probably damaged the artwork beyond that.

For what it is, the price ($385, I think it was?) is bonkers.

If you want that particular title, there are plenty to choose from. If you just want a cheap project pin, there are others to be had.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It may be pretty pristine under all of that dirt. I have shopped a couple like that and they were nice underneath luckily.

Yep, I've cleaned up many grimy playfields which ended up being quite nice underneath. Grime is temporary, wear is not.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Yeah there is one close by for $700. May just bite the bullet and pay extra for that one to play it safe.

Depending on the condition, it may be the better option.

However, I would not pay $700 for that title with a flaking backglass, bad wear or bad touch-ups, or in a non-working state.

#559 2 years ago

Looks like someone stripped it for parts....all the players, nets, score displays, and coin door parts are gone. It's probably just an empty shell, but if the dome and handles are still in good shape, those may be desirable to someone.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

ebay.com link » Super Chexx Bubble Dome Hockey Tables Part Not Working

Looks like the dome isn't in great shape, oh well.

2 months later
#601 2 years ago

I've bought a couple machines like that. I had to grind down the mushroomed tip in order to remove the rod from the shooter housing.

From a Gottlieb touchdown, but not nearly as severe as what was posted earlier:

20150429221708560 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#612 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

What the hell happened to this Vector? Looks like Godzilla took a bite out of it.

I'd guess it was sitting on end and was standing in water for a while, and the wood basically just fell apart. Then someone just ripped off the affected wood and probably stripped the game for parts.

1 month later
#672 2 years ago

Looks like quite the treasure trove.

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

At least someone removed the batteries in time....

A few dabs of glue, and you'll be ready to roll

1 week later
#695 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I got a Gottlieb Atlantis for free once that came from a home where it had sat for 25+ years. Cosmetically the game was beautiful. Basically perfect backglass, playfield and cabinet. It was just a little dirty from it's short life at a VFW. It didn't work though. When I opened it up, most of the wires had been cut below the playfield. I asked the guy if he knew what happened and he said that when he was a kid, they opened up the game and pretended they were diffusing a bomb by cutting the wires. No joke.

#697 2 years ago

If it's wet, sticky, and not yours, don't touch it

1 week later
#716 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I guess when they wanted free game you put the key in and turned it back and forth.

I've seen that on skee ball machines.

1 week later
#726 2 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

So this guy calls me and tells me he has F-14 tomcat and he wants $350 for it. "Great shape" he says. I drive 1.5 hours and when I pull up at his "business" I can see the thing sitting out front. As I walk closer to it. I can see a old harbor freight 6x7 tarp flapping in the breeze of the back of it with a hole that you could have thrown a softball through.
"It's in a bit rougher shape than I remembered", he says.
This machine has clearly been sitting out side for at least a year, the playfield is faded from sun exposure. Mud dauber nests in the back box. I was pissed at driving over an hour for this mess. I told him bluntly... "I will do you a favor and haul it away and not charge you a cent." I ended up giving him $75 (it was worth that in parts to me, all the boards were there.)
My pinball dolly nearly crushed the bottom of the cabinet because it was totally waterlogged (adding about 50lbs of weight). When I got home, I disassembled it in my truck and left the cabinet mess on the curb.
And here is the damnedest thing. This building was practically empty... PLENTY of room to store it inside out of the elements; he would have to only move the machine 20 feet and I would have then happily paid him his $350.

Ugh, what a shame. At least you got something useful out of it.

4 weeks later
#804 2 years ago

I've never seen a coil burnt up and melted that badly.

20170802133455431 (resized).jpg
20170802133918673 (resized).jpg
20170802133913829 (resized).jpg
20170802133928186 (resized).jpg

I wonder how long it finally took for the fuse to blow....

20170802133858470 (resized).jpg

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Should be fine with some colored LEDs...

Maybe gluing some of those leaves scattered on the ground to it would be an improvement

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

No doubt. No EXIF data I can see. I was hoping to see "taken yesterday, GPS coords about 20 minutes from your house"

The EXIF data probably gets stripped out when uploaded to pinside when they are processed and compressed.

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

20 years ago I would have been crying. Id have thrown out furniture just to make room.
Now I realize you just don't put 80 hours of labor and $1,200 of parts for a $400 game.
The stuff I still have like that has been saving other games for years. Mostly sending free parts to a poor soul trying to save another. But you can't save them all and you just get sick of living with piles of crap.

We can rebuild them--we have the technology!

But seriously, we have so many homebrew manufacturing tools now available that we didn't have 10 years ago, not to mention all the new parts that are being reproduced. Unobtainable parts aren't a complete lost cause like they were years ago. But true, sometimes the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the machine. But with prices skyrocketing, in 6 months, you can recoup your costs

IMHO, as long as the playfield and cabinet aren't rotting, I usually try to make the effort to save a game. I saved a few games with dead or missing boards that other collectors just would have parted out. Dead/missing boards don't automatically make a game parts material.

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But using the old cargument ideals - What is a price of a car verse the separate parts of a car. Then the price to assemble yourself.

Yeah, there's a point at which the individual parts are worth more than the game as a whole. But--once you sell of those handful of primary/desirable parts, you're still left with the rest of the leftovers that can sometimes be tough to get rid of.

Quoted from Taxman:

And definitely not the speculation buyers who think for some reason you shell out money for a new game and just because you owned it and did nothing to it, it is worth more.

I can't help but chuckle a little when I see the speculation buyers get worked up when the price drops on a game after people don't end up wanting a certain title that badly.

Quoted from Taxman:

Operators and Manufacturers are a part of the food chain. Without them the games would not be available for the players.

I know a couple of arcade owners who are not planning on any new pins since they cost so much now. At $3500-$4000 they would have been in, but now we're talking over $5k for a game that won't earn much compared to their other arcade and redemption games. One of the owners even finally got rid of all his remaining pinball machines since he got fed up with always having to repair them. He was putting way more into them than what he was getting out. But, another collector ended up with them all (how an out-of-town collector heard about the sale before me, I have no idea )

1 week later
#862 2 years ago

Sigh...yes, it's been posted several times.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

The jurrasic park had no boards and many playfield parts were missing
For me this is a parts machine,if anyone wants to restore such a machine please do,i am not that guy

I try to keep spare boards in my stash for just such an occasion. Don't let the lack of boards and a few parts deter someone from resurrecting a game. These games will ever be made again, so if one is destroyed, it's gone forever.

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

I do not want to derail this thread I will say this and drop the matter. Left handed cork screws, Bennie Babies, Lassie feces... The ONLY accurate metric for what any thing is actively sells for is a place like eBay (not what it use to sell for, or what someone wants it to sell for.) That my friends, is eBay final closing auction prices. The prices I quoted are not really a matter of opinion, that is empirical data. There can be a ton of factors as to why a $4k ebay pin is not selling for $3k on pinside. Of course ebay is geared to the general population not pinheads like us. (apparently here on pinside $100 worth of bobbles and hallmark ornaments instantly add $500 to a game value)
The $4k JP ebay sales are what they are, sorry if it interferes with anyones opinion to what they are "really" worth. I was just quoting eBay stats. So yeah... Ebay is not a price guide. I owned a baseball card and comic shop once upon a time and price guides mean not very much compared to what things actively sell for. Price guides get their opinions based on empirical data like recent eBay.
And everyone has their own opinion... as I said IMO (in my opinion) JP is a $4k game....and 6 people shelling out an average of $4100 each on ebay agree. One or two $4100 sales can be a fluke.. 6 is different matter and with the next JP movie coming out in June 2018, and another movie to follow. I personally think the price on JP machines are likely to stay the same on ebay and rise some here on pinside... IMO.
Also, the point of my original post was based on someone scraping a JP game that was missing a few playfield parts and a board set. I personally think that is a shame. But respect the persons decision to do that if he can get that type of machine so cheaply that he can instantly scrap them for parts. I sure as hell can't.

No amount of hyping or price pumping is going to raise the market price. It's simply not the going rate for your average JP.

I tried looking for these sold listings on ebay and found none. However, I did find 6 games listed *for sale* between $4-$5k.

I think you are misreading the chart.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0517.htm

Here are the labels of the columns:

pasted_image2 (resized).png

The only things you can discern are the average price, minimum price, maximum price, total number sold, the average price in the past 6 months, and the total sold in 6 months.

It does not list individual prices. So, you could have one crazy high priced game for some strange reason (which would have driven up the average), and the rest of them could have been typical market prices.

That's the thing with averages--you can't tell what the actual individual prices were. So trying to say that "all 6 games were $4k" would be inaccurate without being able to show all six of the individual listings.

pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image4 (resized).png

If you want to stick a $4k price tag on your game and put it up for sale, I'd be interested to hear how long it takes to actually find a buyer willing to pay that much for it.

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

A Stern Flight 2000 that I got for free. It lived under a car part in Central Texas for 20 years. Too far gone to be saved.

Is the cabinet rotting? If not, I'd say it's worthwhile to save. Or at least, sell it to someone who would be interested in restoring it.

#928 2 years ago

I saw two JP pins at pintastic in July. One was $2200 the other was $2500. Neither one sold.

If JP really was a $4k pin, they would have been scooped up in a heartbeat.

20170708095932604-1 (resized).jpg

20170708095756537-1-1 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#964 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

It's almost crazy to see the game up and running with that kind of cabinet! You would think playfield and eventually boards etc would have probs too.
Maybe a transplanted set of parts into a rough cab?

It could have been exposed to the elements. I've seen games that were in open air facilities where the cabinets looked similar to that (but not as bad).

1 week later
#1001 2 years ago

https://kotaku.com/the-tragedy-of-a-former-navy-bases-arcade-games-1803762031

https://arcadeblogger.com/2017/09/08/arcade-raid-a-canadian-horror-story/

$20k worth of games smashed up and thrown away. Ugh.

1 week later
#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I wanted to show this story has a happy ending...
Ratchet straps and glue.

Pry out the nails

Replaced the back with luan

Cast fiberglass resin on the missing corner

My wife touched up the paint

All we need is a backglass (the glass was already ruined, it wasn't broken in this accident)

Nice job putting it back together I know more than a few people who just would have stripped it for parts thinking something like that would be beyond saving.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Because so many games have been stripped for parts it's actually pretty easy to just find a new cabinet altogether. I picked up a demo man once that had termite damage to the lower cabinet. I found a new cab in about an hour.

I've been looking for a DM cab for a full year and nada.

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I bought the last one lol.
I'm just playing obviously. Might have to get just a wpc cab and re decal it.

Lol

Yeah, I ended up finding some DM decals to re-do the cab. A cab swap just would have been much easier.

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Pulled from another recent thread. The GI color scheme on this is just awful.

By Jiminy , it looks like Christmas

1 week later
#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I’d hate to come across those termites in a dark alley

Unless you are made of wood, I don't think you have to worry.

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can anyone identify that cabinet?

The graphics depict an archer ready to let loose an arrow. I know I've seen it before, I just can't think of what game it was.

#1106 2 years ago

Not the game I was thinking of, but that looks like it.

#1110 2 years ago

Be sure to wear a face mask for this one. Yikes.

#1118 2 years ago

That's just a rust-colored powder coat.

#1142 2 years ago

Good grief...what were they trying to do with all those wires?

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If the playfield is burned and it has created a big divot in that part of it, you can plop a decal over it, but unless you fix the divot underneath, it's going to not play right, and a decal isn't going to look right in just an area.

That's a moot point. It wasn't a burn mark.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:Says he paid $250 for it, and that it's not a hole on the play field, it's old gum!

2 weeks later
#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from rollinover:

that LW3 was worth 400 in parts I would imagine someone will take it.
shame tho

Someone *did* buy it to repair. It was in one of the earlier posts.

3 weeks later
#1168 1 year ago

Screenshot_2017-11-24-05-30-45-1 (resized).png

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ya, really need a better photo. Has the artwork fell off of the glass in 1 large sheet? The bulbs are protruding through some how?? The circles are to perfect. Even above the score reels. Interesting none the less.
OK got it now, the blue has almost totally flaked off.

The backglass is basically a complete loss. It's half gone.

2017-11-24 13.45.02 (resized).png

#1177 1 year ago

It's in Wilbraham MA if anyone is trying to find the ad.

#1181 1 year ago

I thought it was a barn or shed, rather than a house.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was thinking house trailer.

That could be.

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've gotten that answer quite a few times, gotta love it. As if somebody had something that plugs in and takes up that much space for that long...and never even tried it.

Or: the kids used to play it, then it kind of stopped working, and they eventually moved out.

I get that one a lot too.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Came across this little gem earlier. I don't get a title that says "all salvageable parts removed". I see a ton of wireforms, PF parts, display, lamp boards, etc. that were destroyed for no good reason...even the cabinet. What d-bags, and what a waste. The whole game actually looked easily salvageable to me.
» YouTube video

Yup, I still think there was a boatload of usable parts there. Heck, you can't get the curved plastic for the translite anywhere.

The original thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-space-jam

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Early morning run to Boston and back to pick up this Royal Guard, sadly its day has come. Cabinet and head are totally shot and the playfield is borderline at best, beyond my skills I think. I'll salvage everything and set it aside, I'm sure there are pinsiders that need parts to keep theirs going. I'm going to clean up the rear door and install on my Domino.
External pieces have a lot of rust, surprisingly darn little inside. Plastics are decent. Backglass could be touched up.

So someone finally nabbed it. Been eyeing that thing for two weeks, lol

From the photos, I didn't think there was any chance at restoring it. Hopefully the parts can get to folks who can use them.

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

This is worse than a coffee table conversion. Yep, it’s a sink.
This poor pin needs euthanized.

Looks like photoshop to me. The playfield glass is still in place, for one thing.

#1224 1 year ago

A couple of dabs of glue and you'll be back in business

2 weeks later
#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from F348:

A....let's be honest....dead White Water

The playfield looks good, though. Put it in a new cab, and you could have a decent WW on your hands.

Considering the bonkers prices they fetch now, it's kind of a no brainer to do that, rather than part out the playfield.

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Jeez....I mean I sorta understand 30 years ago or so before the home market boomed that operators would, once a machine wasn't making anymore money, throw that machine out, but for the last 20 years or so (basically the start of ebay) there has been a strong secondary market for selling used pins. You would think that this Whitewater would have fell into that category and would have been sold. This is just throwing money away.....
Then again, you see the same thing in cars/motorcycles/ etc. where someone would rather have it rot away then sell it while it's still worth something. I never understood that kind of thinking.

I just saw on one of the facebook groups that someone put a R911 on the street to throw away, and someone else rescued it before the garbage truck came for it.

#1269 1 year ago

In an abandoned factory in Ohio that closed in 1992:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Found in this video from October 2017:

#1271 1 year ago

Yeah, I was actually surprised at how good they looked considering they've been sitting there neglected for 25 years.

3 months later
#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally back after having to take a break for some surgery and being laid up. What a mess.
ForceFlow actually sent me some more info on the warehouse. If I could confirm they are still there, we could definitely take a ride. Nothing like a little breaking and entering to save some pins.

I'd say there's a good chance they're still there. For the average person who is unprepared, pins are a pain to move.

Urban explorers don't seem to typically visit sites during the winter time, so I'm not seeing any more recent photos/videos than from back in September/October before winter started rolling in.

4 months later
#1375 1 year ago

Not sure what happened with this board. Found it in a mixed box of other boards.

20180819005648369 (resized).jpg
#1378 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I actually think that's a relay.. And I can't tell if the relay shorted and fried, or the transistor under it did. Honestly, this may not be a fault of RD, but whomever had the game first, miswiring something.

To me, it looks like both happened. One transistor is cooked pretty good, and the edges of the relay housing are melted outward, rather than inward.

Yeah, I imagine there was a problem with the game it was in. A lot of times, people just throw an aftermarket board in a game blindly without properly checking for problems first thinking that it will be a magic fix for everything.

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Can I get an explanation on how or why this would be worth $400?? Or really why it would be worth anything over $2????

1 month later
#1403 1 year ago

The only things I'm noticing are the capacitors and ground wire on the back. Everything else appears to be stock.

The PCB might look a little odd since it's been removed from the metal mounting plate.

Gtb-sys1-psu-v1 (resized).jpg
#1422 1 year ago

Ugh, that's gut wrenching. I feel bad for that guy...

DON’T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU! CHARGE THEM OUTSIDE, IN A SHED, ANYWHERE THAT’S NOT INSIDE! Even if you must charge inside, put them in the middle of a concrete floor away from any flammable materials.

Or, just don't leave them unattended...

#1424 1 year ago

True but typically you're not going to spend all the time in a room with the battery as it charges, it can take hours! Plus if it does explode and let's say you're sitting watching tv, you still need a fire extinguisher handy and will probably suffer some fire damage regardless! I'd say the true safe bet is a concrete floor away from flammable materials

Unattended, meaning not leaving the building. It's perfectly fine to go into another room.

If there isn't a extinguisher handy, that should probably be addressed. $15 at any hardware store.

#1436 1 year ago

I’m surprised the backglass is as decent as it is. I’d expected it to be completely flaked.

The bottom edge is completely shot.

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You probably have an extra glass in storage somewhere, right?

Lol, nah. Too hard to find that one loose and in good shape.

#1440 1 year ago

One was for sale on craigslist at a garagesale I believe 2 weeks ago

Hm, I must have blown right past it, then. It's not really a title I'm actively pursuing.

1 month later
#1470 11 months ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Good thing for tempered glass.

Cleanup is a pain, though.

Plus that's a non-standard sized sheet of glass. I ended up going to a glass shop to have that size made.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#1500 10 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

One evening last month I had just negotiated the purchase of this FG. The seller called me back a few minutes later, said I was so cool to deal with he decided to put new leg levelers on it and in the process he managed to tip the pin over. I still bought it, at a discount needless to say. Felt bad for the guy, he was pretty distraught over it at the time.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#1536 9 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Those horses look nice, but they look difficult to maneuver while also holding the game up.

I've done it by myself. Set up the sawhorse next to the game, lift up the game, kick the sawhorse under the game and center it, then lower the game.

#1538 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Didn’t I give you one? I thought I did. Likewise, I’ve done it about 200 times. Easy as cake.

I think I just borrowed one for a few minutes at pinfest since I already had a pair at home. I also have a lift cart and 2x4's in the shape of an "I". Each one has its uses depending on the situation.

1 month later
#1630 8 months ago
Quoted from jasonp:

This one just popped up on Greenville South Carolina Craigslist for free anyone know what game this is?
[quoted image]

Looks like it might be Argosy

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=84

1 week later
#1658 8 months ago

What game is that? Is the playfield severely damaged too? I’ve restored games with worse cabinets and... worse everything really. I think you could still bring it back to life.

Ehhh...I hate to say it, but that one looks like it's toast, unfortunately.

It's a supersonic.

#1676 8 months ago
Quoted from rygar:

Who said that Dialed in was the industry first with integrated camera? (Ok, maybe it was first with hidden integrated camera ) [quoted image][quoted image]

But...why?!

#1682 8 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

This is on Firepower that came in for repair.
[quoted image]

Well, that's certainly one way to prevent balls from draining in the outlanes...

1 month later
#1799 6 months ago
Quoted from rygar:

Crispy well done IJ. The boards and playfield are ok according to original posters info.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...for a fire to eat through the wood like that, it would've been burning for a significant amount of time.

#1804 6 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Isnt the mpu in that corner? Or is it the transformer?

Neither.

It's empty space for a few inches, then there's the DMD controller board and the driver board.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1322&picno=31277

#1807 6 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What exactly am I looking at here?
Is the metal box mounted to the side of the cabinet an ashtray and this was causes by a lit cigarette or something?
Trying to figure this out because the wood on the inside doesn't look burnt all that bad.

It looks like it has one of those flip up covers like the car door ashtrays in the 80s & 90s.

2 weeks later
#1820 5 months ago

What a shame.

Quoted from dasvis:

Some see junk, I see lots of good parts there! Evaporust is your friend.

Yeah, probably a few hundred in parts there, once you see past the rotting wood.

1 week later
#1861 5 months ago

I had a sheet of brand new glass explode in my hands at pinfest. I put it on the carpet, was holding it with one hand, wiping it down with the other, and kaboom. First time I had a piece of glass break on me. The maintenance guys for the building said it was 4th piece of glass that broke that day thus far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside