Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippinjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3290 2 years ago

BEHOLD! My collection of popped Ghostbusters node boards. There's a horror story. These have cost me over £1K to replace. I also have a BM66. The minute that starts crapping node boards, it's gone. Thanks, Stern.

20210605_100742 (resized).jpg20210605_100742 (resized).jpg
#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Is there a list of games these special popping node boards appear in so they can be avoided? Is Stranger Things in that list?

Good question! The popped 8 and 9 boards were clearly older versions. The new ones I had to buy were a different size and had differently-sized standoffs which would have caused the screws to poke through the playfield if I hadn't checked first. I had to make new screw-holes underneath the playfield for the new boards, which caused me to have to drink more beer than is usual. Connections were the same, though, as you'd expect. See the link below for pics! The CPU board kindly lost its 5v logic. LED off. I was quite cross.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/164#post-5596783

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Sounds like you've been having fun and games, you lucky man!

Yes you're right, and the very second Batman craps a node board out, the whole machine's going out the nearest window.

#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Not trying to run salt in the wound or anything, but was there anything in particular that you did, in terms of mods or added technical stuff (shaker motor, for example...), that caused these boards to "pop", as you say? I guess what I'm getting at is this: was it honestly your fault, or is/was it just bad stuff from the factory?

Hi @boagman, no, nothing. No mods. Just straight from the factory. Not even a topper. CPU board lost the 5v after it had been on for 2 hours during a party. Just unlucky, I suppose. I installed the extra insulation under the plastic next to the library scoop to prevent the short.

#3302 2 years ago

Interestingly (and annoyingly) the node boards failed in different ways. 9 had a solid red LED, and 8 had a blinking amber LED - some sort of error code? In both cases, the message on the DMD was something like 'Node Board Not Found'; can't remember the exact message. I contacted Stern tech support and they told me I would have to replace the boards, which I did. It's working now. I hope it keeps working. There are other node boards in there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
£ 195.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippinjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=flippinjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.