Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

poor elektra , wend to pick up a blackout and this one was free . did pull out the playfield and boards
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you part any of what you pulled out it looks like I could use on of the 7 digit displays and some playfield parts.

1 month later
#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am not sensitive to down votes. It is part of the game. But why was my post voted down for saying "Thank you"? This one I do not get.

If people view Pinside on a tablet and scroll up and down on the right side it is easy to accidentally up vote or down vote a post without even realizing it.

3 weeks later
#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I look at it as a salvagable play field. It was taken out of circulation and preserved for someone with a Meteor with a blown play field.

Except that it now has extra holes in the bottom from screwing on the legs that need to be filled. I wonder how much those legs cost if if they know they probably could have gotten the same or more for just the playfield as it was. Adding the legs and plastic cover reduce the value.

#1785 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In less than 2 hours those holes can be filled with dowel rod, sanded smooth, the lower side painted with a roller, and you will have nice play field ready for clear coat.
The plastic cover looks to be attached with screws located in holes that were used for the rails.
Or you can continue to wait for CPR to tool up for a Meteor repro play field.

I'm sure someone can still use it and may end up buying it to put back in a machine. Just saying it was probably a waste to do what he did to it and would have been better to sell or offer up the playfield as it was before making it into a table.

1 month later
#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Sorry, but this is just wrong. Are some dressing up our pins like people dress their pets?
[quoted image]

I just don't know what to say about this other than a line was crossed that should never be crossed.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Next logical step from PinFooties - PinBooties!

I guess if they were rollerblades it would make it easy to move the pin around...

1 week later
#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I can only hope my cars engine is this well lubricated
[quoted image]

It looks like they used wire rope lubricant. What were they not thinking?

1 month later
#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

It's not a disaster story or nasty....but the way this thing was put back together is driving me insane! And I can't find a data east parts list to save my life, to order all the messed up hardware...
One small example....not sure if this machine is a computer or a light switch cover but, wtf.
Whole damn machine has little crap like this....[quoted image]

Having a mixed up mess of any random fasteners available would bug me too. At least it should be easily fixed if you find proper fasteners for it.

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

From what I see, Data East doesnt have hardware lists and exploded views like other companies....so idk how I'm ever going to figure out "correct" hardware
Even closer hardware has crazy crap like double the length (if you can see it) lol.[quoted image]

If you post in the game specific thread and ask for tear down pictures I bet someone already has some details that will help. If not the next time someone shops a similar game they could note what hardware is used.

When I get my Meteor home I need to go through it too. Game plays great but a previous owner installed a mix of no matching post styles and mixed up the tall and short ones in the wrong area. Luckily someone posted great pictures so I know the right place for all of them.

7 months later
#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Found this on Craigslist labeled as a "Virtual pinball"
Wood rail with a TV and a 60-in-1 Chinese arcade board in there.
Pac man controls on the front, Tron overlay as a lockdown bar for some reason, WOOF[quoted image]

Did the still have the original parts they ripped out or did they trash them. That is truly awful.

1 month later
#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

It's well done, but why? I'm torn on this one[quoted image]

They didn’t realize they got the wrong stencil kit?

2 weeks later
#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Sad Blackout. This had to be more than just mice. The wood cross braces are gnawed away. Badger? Raccoon? Tasmanian Devil?
At least it didn't get into the head.

Are you rebuilding it or using it for parts? If you’re stripping parts off I’d be interested in one of the yellow plastic covers on the coin door. Preferably one without teeth marks.

#2377 3 years ago

At first glance it looked like paint loss on the side of the head. Now I see that it is not. Paint loss would have been better.

Missed opportunity to use one of those free harbor freight tarps. Sad, Just sad.

1 month later
#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

UGH!! Save it, it just needs a little work and she'll be up and running in no time.
John

I was waiting for someone to say it just needs a fuse... I suppose if all the other parts were still there someone could build one with a new reproduction cabinet.

1 year later
#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Bought a Phantom of the Opera at an auction sight unseen that was only photographed from this side:
[quoted image]
(there were 10 more pics, just not of the left side)
Unpleasant surprise when I came to pick it up
[quoted image]

What auction house had that listed? There is no excuse not show or disclose an image of that bad side of the game. I could understand if you found an MPU trashed by battery damage or scary hacks under the playfield where they may not have opened it up to look. This is intentional not disclosing the damage to get higher bids. From the picture posted there was no way to expect that surprise. Sorry that happened.

1 month later
#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

How many games were played (without a rubber tip) to “mushroom” this bad?

What did the ball in the game look like??

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

With good quality felt pads and a hardwood/laminate floor mine slide around easily.

Moving around the room with the legs on shouldn't be too much of an issue. I have a set of skates that I can put under the legs and wheel the who machine around. That is typically and easy and smooth move. The issue is more if it is loaded on a truck and bounced around while on the legs. That can get pretty violent and with all the weight up a couple feet off the ground acting as a lever that has a lot of potential for damage. Shouldn't be an issue carefully moving one within a room.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

You still have to be careful moving a game around on carpet with the legs on. The weight of the game causes the legs to sink into the carpet (even with pin footies). Trying to shove or slide the game over the carpet sink-holes can damage the cabinet at the cabinet/leg connection plates if you’re not taking proper precautions.

Definitely. But, if you're careful that shouldn't be a problem. Helps to have a second person and go slow. Still a lot different than having one take a trip on the legs.

1 month later
#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How?! Did someone throw a beer stein at it?! Looks like it started from the center, you rarely see that, especially if you’ve watched the video of the guys hitting pinball tempered glass with a hammer and it NOT shattering

Maybe it was in that arcade where the guy went crazy with an Axe and smashed all the games.

https://kotaku.com/axe-wielding-man-locked-people-inside-arcade-smashed-g-1848214957

#3673 2 years ago

No playfield pictures? It looks like they are purposefully avoiding pictures of that and the overall machine.

1 month later
#3816 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I get it that a pinball machine isn't a pet. I don't get the bird dog thing.
Why would anyone want to play those worn out pinball machines?

Worn out? Was there a different set of pictures? I saw pictures of a worn scoop area (which could eventually get a cliffy), some worn inserts, and games due for cleaning. Nothing with large areas of art missing or heavy planking. How did they play? That is a more important question. If those games are dialed in with strong flippers, lights that all work, and switches that all register) then that's what is about. Many locations will have dim lighting and most people may not notice some cosmetic flaws. If it works and plays well then a few blemishes aren't going to ruin the fun factor. I'd rather play games like this with a bit of wear than one that is perfect but has one of those horrid color bombed overly bright LED kits off ebay that turn every machine purple. Those I would have an issue playing and sort of ruins the fun factor playing.

#3819 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Looks pretty bad to me.
[quoted image]

Definitely overdue for cleaning and probably should have had the balls replaced much more often. That may look a bit worse than the others but on location unless it is in a well lit area many people may not focus on that or notice. How bad does it look when you are playing and not zoomed right on that area? If it plays really well and everything is functioning then many players may not notice that or focus on that.

1 week later
#3875 2 years ago

I would expect with new lower cabinets those can and will be rebuilt. Sucks but those are worth salvaging. Last year there was bad flooding in the area near me and a few people had completely flooded basements when a pumping station failed. I looked at a Hurricane that was completely submerged. That may have been worth rebuilding but the owner after opening up the machine to let it dry out made the huge mistake of placing the playfield on the prop rod. Dried totally warped and twisted. With everything else needed that one is pretty much toast. I still need to reach back out to make sure they don’t toss it.

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Who cares if he cares he says...
It's me and my experience. I'm a person and experiencing this was one of the worst things my family has been through and is still going through.
You're pretty selfish saying who cares, when the wound is fresh, the insurance is in progress and when I've politely asked not to share a photo I took myself and showed a friend of a personal and painful event less than 36 hours old.
This photo I took that belongs to me, of my home, was never meant for public until I'm ready to share it. But of course nobody asked before they posted it.
If you ever go through something like this, let's hope for your sake people are better people to you than 'who cares'.
There's always one... you do you.
Reporting your post, maybe a mod will respect another's situation.

I hope the poster pulls that picture or it gets removed. If you don't want your picture shared it shouldn't be. It should be up to you if you eventually want it posted or not. That is truly an awful thing to happen and no one should have to go through that. It's not just the pins but everything. Hope you can save some things and recover.

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm surprised the moderator who deleted my picture isn't over there saving the world from the owner's shame and disappointment! Flexing that authority!

They totally should have pulled it. If the person who took that picture asks for it to be deleted you just remove it. No questions asked. Doesn't mater why. Unless you took the picture yourself why do you think it's ok for you to decide if it should stay up or be shared even more?

#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You gonna spend all that energy chasing down pictures on the internet that you feel aren't supposed to be there.. then all the power to ya! Whatever blows your hair back i guess. Seems pointless and borderline idiotic imo. But seriously, you're arguing about pictures of flooded toys.. there's real life shit problems going on in the world that are much worse than this. Even photographs of it on the internet. I think we might be living in a simulation if this is what's grinding your gears.

I'm not chasing down any pictures and this really doesn't affect me. My only point was that if the person who takes a picture sees someone else posting it (who did not take the picture) and asks politely to take it down then you just remove it. Could have been a picture of their cat, etc. Doesn't matter. Really straightforward and has nothing to do with pinball. If you feel differently then you do.

Totally agree there are much worse things going on and I hope those all get better.

I'll let the thread get back on topic.

3 months later
#4109 1 year ago

I really wish people would learn what connectors are for. Apparently the easiest way for them to remove the head was cut the wires! At least the color coding and lots of shrink tubing will help fix it.

motordome (resized).jpgmotordome (resized).jpg
11 months later
#4750 10 months ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Might not even be overfusing, Williams didn't install a fuse on that bridge rectifier. First thing I did with my Pinbot.

I think that overfusing elsewhere in the game allows too much current to go through the bridge, shorting the bridge, then the meltdown happens.

1 week later
#4768 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

The solenoid’s were a bit intermittent on a Robocop I bought a while back![quoted image]

Time to strip all that off an install some eyelets for those parts. I've rebuilt several boards that looked like that.

1 month later
#4926 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Would look good in a mermaid edition of fathom

Since that appears to be a Gameplan board it may be more appropriate if it was from a Captain Hook.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.