omg2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg
FB_IMG_1710102812674 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163243759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpg
x2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#585 7 years ago

Curious what various methods people take to pack machines, (EM's)? Light box removed and glass in place or packed separately?

4 years later
#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

File a dispute with your credit card company.

I had tried that once and the credit card companies do not get involved with auction purchases.

4 weeks later
#3492 2 years ago

I've seen so many cracked corner joints due to people moving them with the legs on. That can be a deal breaker.

1 week later
#3537 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I suggest getting 2 of them. I would have glued this up today, but I think another one on top will hold the joint better.

Perfect!!!!

2 weeks later
#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

23 years ago, I was stepping off my boat on to the dock at my house. My foot slipped as I was stepping off the boat and my left leg fell into the boat while I was stepping off with my light. This resulted in me hyperextending my right knee, spraining the big toe on my left foot, and tearing my bean bag on the boat's rope cleat as I fell in the water...slamming my shoulder on the edge of the dock as I fell in the water. I got 5 stitches in my sack and 12 in my shoulder and I still have trouble with my knee.
Up until the moment I saw these pics, that was the most painful thing I had ever experienced.

OUCH!!! Always wear a cup. LOL

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

reminded me of this ribbon candy my nana used to put out at Xmas 30 years ago.

That stuff was like swallowing razor blades.

#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

And you made me think of these monstrosities that I'm pretty sure only came out around Christmas and were everywhere you turned while shopping.
[quoted image]

Grandma will love it!

3 weeks later
#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What on earth game is this?!

Looks like the glass was off it and it had a severe rat infestation. In the very first picture inside the game, you can see a massive rat nest. [quoted image]
Game is probably rotten. Rat piss destroyed the playfield.
At that stage, parts.
Only if you’re brave!

NOPE!!! Beware of hantavirus when dealing with any nesting from a mouse or rat.

#3715 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Gottlieb “Pin Wheel”. Didn’t turn out too bad. And found why they had a clothes pin on that EOS. (Looked closed but nothing there to make contact. Lol)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a simple little motor board.

1 week later
#3724 2 years ago

That playfield looks good, but how could it have gotten that dirty? Is it smoke damage, flood, or rodent? Never seen that much build up on a playfield.

#3734 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Day 3 of cleaning up glass. And I still haven’t started the playfield or inside the cabinet yet
This thing literally exploded all over the room
[quoted image]

How did that happen?

2 months later
#4026 1 year ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

Not mine; pics/post stolen from a facebook group.. hope he doesn't mind, but had to share the horror pics! That's a lot of mouse house in that cabinet. Thankfully there is a happy ending, since these machines are being saved.
("Saved these from the trash! Gotta be some of the biggest rat nests ever!" - Bryan Howard, original poster, April 1st)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely NOT.

3 months later
#4175 1 year ago

I'm going to say, crazy ex-wife/girlfriend, final answer.

#4188 1 year ago

Waiting for Austin Powers to appear. Yeah Baby!

#4201 1 year ago

Carpeted kitchen??? This place is a time capsule and would be a bitch to rip up all the wall to wall.

#4212 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

You have to use your imagination a little bit for this one.
The first photo shows where an operator stored some of his games - in an open-sided former cattle shed next to a silo. Both photos are of the same spot. The left side photo was taken in November of 2002 and the right side photo in August of 2009.
The pinball horror? If you look in the center of both photos, there is an orange shape sticking up above the other games. That's the body (standing vertically) of an Atari Hercules. Everything in this shed was covered in a combination of dirt and varmint crap and stunk like you wouldn't believe.
The same operator had a second Hercules stored in another old shed (second photo). In 2002, my crazy friend made an offer to buy both Hercules, but the guy wouldn't sell them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beware of "powder post beetles".

#4240 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Sad to see all these games rot into oblivion. I too have a close relative who was a very successful operator in the south. Word is that he's got about 300 games - 50% pins, the rest video and bingos... he won't sell or let anyone near his games. They're currently rotting in an old school that he bought in the late 80s... the roof to the school is now leaking and degrading badly, putting some serious hurt to his games. When I last talked to him in 2009, he was bragging up a storm that he had 8 Addams Family pins, but wouldn't budge on selling me one of them. Frustrating and very odd... he was offered 65K at one time for the whole lot and wouldn't budge. Now most of it is ruin and parts games.

You hear this same story along with other hobbies. Classic car collectors have mentioned the exact same thing. Owners would rather let it rot than part with it. Very sad.

2 months later
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Wow - that's a legit biohazard as it sits!

If I got near that my asthma would kill me.

1 week later
#4306 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Playing pinball in the pool?
[quoted image]

That lounging area is "Shag-tastic"!

1 month later
#4388 1 year ago

Having restored cars myself in the past, the salt water damage takes a restoration to a whole new level. Unfortunately, these will have to be taken down to bare metal and started over. Very sad indeed.

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

We are all a little sentimental about orange Chargers of that era. That's why we need a licensed Dukes of Hazzard pin to go with the recent homebrew!
[quoted image]

That looks like every rotary here in Massachusetts.

#4402 1 year ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Not to horrible but Bees! All good now bees removed, no bees hurt. Was outside with cover on and queen moved in along with the swarm. I suggested to put the machine inside.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see any buzzing around. Must be cold there. Pretty amazing to see.

2 months later
#4558 1 year ago

I'm in the process of stripping the playfield for a cleaning and waxing. All posts and rubbers getting changed out, as well as going all LED. The Pop bumpers will get broken down with new skirts added.
As far as the "Cliffy Protectors", don't those tear up the balls due to the raised metal edge?

IMG_3892 copy (resized).jpgIMG_3892 copy (resized).jpg
#4560 1 year ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I'm in the process of stripping the playfield for a cleaning and waxing. All posts and rubbers getting changed out, as well as going all LED. The Pop bumpers will get broken down with new skirts added.
As far as the "Cliffy Protectors", don't those tear up the balls due to the raised metal edge?
[quoted image]

Oops, wrong thread.

2 months later
#4719 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just a soulless male mannequin in a skirt and wig enjoying some pinball. Nothing to see here...

Dahmer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
4,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.