Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2656 3 years ago

Toledo OHio, late 1940's or early 50's

PB1 (resized).jpgPB1 (resized).jpg

#2657 3 years ago

Put a machine on a mountain, build some snow ramps, and jump over it.... Colorado 2016

pinball-jump-pic-22 (resized).jpgpinball-jump-pic-22 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#3046 3 years ago

I don't know if I could emotionally take on drilling two gigantic holes into a playfield for the repositioning of the flipper shafts. (Most of us see a playfield bubble or chip and we freak!). And then there is the filler he used for the old holes, staring us in the face.

So much work with an "quirky" but unique return.

1 week later
#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from oilspot:

Alright, who did it!?!? Fuse panel in a Gottlieb North Star I just worked on.
[quoted image]

By the time they soldered-in THREE fuses in parrallel, they essentially bypassed the fuse altogether! I am surprised they didn't just stick a 1/4-inch lag bolt in the fuse socket!

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Well maybe the three fuses were all rated about 1/3 the amps of the specified value and those were the highest ones they had laying around. Otherwise why not just use one? But with that kind of sloppiness that's giving them too much benefit of the doubt. XD

I like your positive thinking. Sure, let's go with that. It was an available fix to put the machine back into the revenue stream so the tech replaced a blown 1-amp fuse with three 1/3 amp in parallel. I guess its possible. What a very creative 'out of the box' thinker!!!!

LOL

9 months later
#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I asked the seller of the Home Run if he could send pics of the playfield and cabinet since I might be interested in buying it... eventually, after sending a pic of the playfield where it was impossible to even see the playfield due to reflections from, and dust on, the glass, which I had to point out to him, he eventually sent pics where the playfield is actually visible... I told him that my artistic skills are not sufficient to re-paint the missig artwork and he should sell it to a guy he said had already offered $500 for it... apparently this guy had not seen the playfield pics he sent me, but did know the condition because the seller told him "it needs refurbishment"... to the seller, that phrase is all that's needed to tell a potential buyer that there is virtually no paint left on the playfield!
I would love to see what happens if someone turns up to buy this without actually seeing these pics!![quoted image][quoted image]

Wher'd all the paint go????

#3693 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

How do you get that much buildup under the glass? Is this possibly just the result of the worst damn rodent infestation anyone has seen? They might have pulled the glass to cleanup already.
I can see paint under the....whatever the fuck that brown stuff is. Is it possibly mold?

If it was just 'dirt' as the seller indicates, it would be everywhere. It's not. I am thinking it some kind of mold or other organic deterioration. The paint near the posts and bumpers remains, so perhaps whatever ATE the paint was attracted to the oils and grime that the ball leaves on the playfield? The brown 'mold' seemed to follow every place that the ball touches. Also, I wonder if the glass was left off for "all those years" and only re-glassed recently to take a picture and sell it.

I am very confused to what we are looking at.

4 months later
#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

This abomonation got donated to us today. Rich old guy downsizing needed it gone. Even the leg levelers were painted LOL. The paint job cost him $1200. Really sucks because the playfield and plastics are pretty nice. Gonna have to find the right buyer!
[quoted image][quoted image]

At first I thought, “why would anyone change the original”, but it looked ok so who are we to say. But When I zoom in on the painted cabinet, it actually looks pretty poorly done! So it’s a very odd piece of art done in a pretty poor way.

6 months later
#4424 1 year ago

The harder mushroom to fix is when a magnet post, like the Tiger Loop on TOTAN or the Shrunken head on RBION, have mushroomed ABOVE the playfield.... and the bracket underneath has been Loctited in place. Now that's an afternoon project!

#4450 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Agree. I have a larger, heavy-duty wrench with the correct socket just for removing that nut on the playfield magnets. I’ve replaced a few on Indy Jones 4 and Ripley’s. They can be a bear!

Alot of people would agree that it doesn't really matter where the money from a student loan was used, since the money to pay for SCHOOL had to come from somewhere that the student was obligated and authorized to use. Its not a cash accounting process, its an accrual, so if the student qualifies for a student loan, but they pay for the tuition from their savings account, it doesn't really affect anything if they take their student loan check and buy a truckload of bubble gum with it.

The real question might be "How can a student with THOUSANDS of $$ of extra money get approved for a student loan?" Seems like qualifying for a student loan a bit more accurately based on true need might be a better question....

2 months later
#4566 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

This Harlem Globetrotters came into the shop
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"Billy" really didn't have any tools or parts when he was maintaining this machine over the years. Points for keeping it working on location (I assume).

2 months later
#4712 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Ouch
[quoted image]

The perfect storm: 1) The post screw was too short, 2) the rubber ring was too small, and 3) the plastic looks like it cracked with age or impact, making the whole house of cards come tumbling down. As painful as that looks, it would be an easy fix if the plastic can be found... the wood damage will be covered by the post, and a longer post screw can be used with a little toothpick&glue scenerio.

2 months later
#4915 8 months ago

I just can't imagine the discussion that the machine's designers had that resulted in those two posts and the rings being included in the design. I see it's factory, but why?

2 months later
#5093 6 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

ebay.com link: itm
Another coffee table. I love the fact they left the cigarette holders in place on the rails.

And no apron cards either....

#5112 5 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why the hell does he own 3 virtual pinball machines?? Can’t you just load up a different “table” on one unit? It’s not like he’s got 6 arms to play all 3 at the same time!!
So many bizarre questions…

Maybe he has the playfield incline set differently on each cabinet? LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=Markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.