IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanMarino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3581 2 years ago

That Demolition Man head is pretty neat. Matte clear that bad boy and roll with it! haha.

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Feast your eyes on this. It will remember your high scores or jump start your car if needed. The cross reflection from the sun is accidental, but a fitting sign of death for this board.
[quoted image]

That poor Stars machine!

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My parents ran an arcade in the 1980s and 1990s. The absolute low value in machines occurred in the early to mid 90s as machines were aging and there was no internet or ebay to sell them on. You were limited to trying to sell excess in the local paper or putting for sale signs on it, selling it in the paper, or putting it up for auction at a regional arcade game auction geared at operators. In general, operators did not want old games as kids still wanted the latest and greatest. The going price on a galaga or pacman was about $50. It was cheaper to buy a used pinball machine to use for parts than it was to buy new parts for your almost working machine. Nobody saw the value in games that there is today as adults and older folks simply didn't play them and there was 0 home market. It wasn't until people that grew up playing them had their own money that they had any value whatsoever on the secondary market.

No wonder you cycle through games so fast! haha. You are the son of arcade running parents!

2 months later
#3814 2 years ago

I get it that a pinball machine isn't a pet. I don't get the bird dog thing.
Why would anyone want to play those worn out pinball machines?

#3831 2 years ago

RUSH pro after 24 days on location in a grocery store.
[quoted image]

Yikes!

1 week later
#3890 2 years ago

J1 looking toasty!

3 months later
#4157 1 year ago

There's pinball machines in there? haha. I can't find them.

4 months later
#4301 1 year ago

Thank you for posting the Paragon nightmare. I've never seen anything like that before. Sad, repulsive, and interesting all at the very same time. You guys had some great jokes about it. Super funny. Yikes, $400!

2 weeks later
#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

This def has to be included here:[quoted image]

I'm too new around here to understand this photo. Is this someone's home brew playfield that just looks like it would be horrible to actually play in reality?

#4340 1 year ago

La4s Thanks for posting that! haha. No way I'm going to delve into that thread. Is that the guy who wanted some WHALE of an investor for his smash hit pinball machine he was going to make? haha

1 week later
#4360 1 year ago

Came downstairs and kids were doing penalty kicks using this door as a goal with a real soccer ball. Shut that down quick.
[quoted image]

Yikes! Crisis averted!

#4362 1 year ago

Those wall hanger back glasses and Guns N Roses were definitely in danger! haha

1 month later
#4436 1 year ago

Financing options on Stern's Website for the Bond 60th. Courtesy of Pinball-Obsessed on the SLE thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/66#post-7332628.
19% APR on a Pinball Machine.
[quoted image]

Wow! I had no idea that people get loans to purchase pinball machines. I don't blame Stern for offering financing, but yikes! Pinball is an unnecessary luxury as it is. No need to unnecessarily throw more money down the drain by financing these things.

1 week later
#4472 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

It's Been a Hard Day's Night!
[quoted image]

Aww. Is that all dirt, or missing paint?

2 weeks later
1 month later
2 months later
#4702 11 months ago

I've got little kids too. Banished from the basement for now. Was removing a P3 glass and it just exploded.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes!!!!! I’m overdue for that to happen to me.

#4722 10 months ago

Way to go UPS.

1 month later
#4831 9 months ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Vintage look
[quoted image]

What game is that? It looks like sn add a ball.

1 week later
#4849 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

From Facebook:[quoted image]

Oh, no! King of Diamonds is fun! Wonder if it could have been saved?

1 week later
#4858 9 months ago

Man... the pinball horror happened to me last night. A flipper bat in my Whirlwind physically broke last week, and yesterday my new one showed up. Change out a flipper bat. Easy right? Well, took out the old one, put the new one in and tightened it down after lining it up. Easy! Played a game and the flipper came loose after a few hits because I didn't tighten it down enough. Okay, Opened it back up and tightened it down so hard the screw snapped in half. Crap. Got out an old screw from an old bag of parts and did the same thing. Crud. Installed another one not quite as tight, played a game, and the flipper died after 30 seconds because I forgot to gap the switch properly... so now I'm out 2 weeks on a broken flipper bat and I'm waiting for another flipper coil in the mail. At least I get to play with solder again!

SantaEatsCheese I break things all the time on my machines. Fix one problem and break something else. Attempt to fix one problem and make it worse. I need a bigger stash of old parts to pull from.

#4864 8 months ago
Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

Aww, man, Frontier is on the left, but what is the playfield on the right?
The best part is the shelf above the urinals. What a waste of what looked like good playfields. No bueno.

1 month later
#4984 7 months ago

That would make some awesome wall art though.

1 week later
#5007 7 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

This is horrible:
ebay.com link: itm

0 bids! Haha.

3 weeks later
#5033 6 months ago

I don’t even understand what’s going on with that X Files. I’m not familiar with the game, but that playfield looks messed up. Is that an insert in front of the file cabinet domino thingy?

#5043 6 months ago

Bonus points for the dog in the photo with the smoke show Houdini.

2 weeks later
#5116 5 months ago

Wow. Bally Space Invaders looks terrible/no fun to play. Even if the artwork was all there, why bother playing it?

#5153 5 months ago

Hook was murdered in a field!

#5155 5 months ago

Okay, that had to have fallen off a truck at a minimum. I've dumped a pin before on a dolly in dirt and other than digging mud out of the leg bolt holes it was fine.

So that’s why the Xenon head had extra brackets! Haha

3 weeks later
#5200 4 months ago

$13,295 for a Stern Venom Pro... Only 48 easy payments of 276.99 if you purchase off of Amazon and use Affirm![quoted image]

Yikes! Financing pinball machines is no bueno.

#5229 4 months ago

@PinJim, what's going on with Rudy? It almost looks like someone put pinballs in his eye sockets. haha.

1 month later
#5332 3 months ago

JethroP that must have been upsetting. If the price were cheap enough I would buy the machine, but I really wouldn't want to give that clown any money. He would owe you a big discount for wasting your time.

#5334 3 months ago

JethroP it will be a fun project. It's a fun pinball machine and worth the effort. New or spare boards are around and available. That playfield is rough though. I kinda like the idea of you keeping it an original, crusty, rat rod, survivor 8 Ball Deluxe. Do the bare minimum to get it flipping and playing great, but let it look crusty.

4 weeks later
#5363 72 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

actually looks pretty good.

I was thinking the same thing and also that it might be fun to play. haha

1 week later
#5378 65 days ago

I'm kinda curious about that one. EM Gottlieb El Dorado base cabinet, but with big coin door. El Dorado City of Gold playfield. Black Hole back glass. I'm guessing it's the City of Gold Head with it.

#5380 65 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

I don't think its el-dorado unless its the europlay cab? Would make sense maybe? The us one looks different.

Ah, I see what you mean. Here’s my El Dorado.

9AA77307-414A-4B80-8367-CCC441A892A7 (resized).png9AA77307-414A-4B80-8367-CCC441A892A7 (resized).png
#5391 63 days ago

embryonjohn Cool retro game room there in those photos. How does that bowler work? Its it like actual bowling, but with skeeballs?

#5393 63 days ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Exactly like real bowling with the ball coming back to you with an elevated rack.
All you need is the hand blower.

My wife would love that. She's in a duckpin bowling league. How must room that that take up?

3 weeks later
#5434 39 days ago

How does that happen?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanMarino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=DanMarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.